- Relax! Data Scientists will not go extinct in 10 years, but the role will change - Jul 7, 2021.
About 70% of KDnuggets readers think that the demand for Data Scientists will increase, and 50% think it will increase significantly. At the same time, over 90% think the role of Data Scientist will change. What will the Data Scientist role be in 10 years?
- What will the demand for Data Scientists be in 10 years? Will Data Scientists be extinct? - Jun 24, 2021.
Participate in the latest KDnuggets survey and share your opinion: what does the next decade have in store for data scientist demand?
- Major changes: Where Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning were applied in 2020/21 - Jun 18, 2021.
Our latest poll shows major change in where AI, Data Science, Machine Learning are being applied, with decline in interest in traditional fields like CRM/Consumer Analytics, and growth in applications to Computer Vision, COVID, Agriculture, and Education.
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n20, May 26: Data Engineer, Data Scientists & Other Data Careers, Explained; Where Did You Apply Analytics & Data Science Recently? - May 26, 2021.
Data Scientist, Data Engineer & Other Data Careers, Explained; A Guide On How To Become A Data Scientist (Step By Step Approach); A checklist to track your Data Science progress; How to Determine if Your Machine Learning Model is Overtrained; Differentiable Programming from Scratch
- Where Did You Apply Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning in 2020/2021? - May 25, 2021.
Take part in the latest KDnuggets survey, and let us know where you have been applying Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning in 2020/2021.
- Data Profession Job Satisfaction: Beware Of The Drop - Apr 16, 2021.
Latest KDnuggets Poll results: The Job satisfaction has declined for ML Engineers, Data Scientists, and Data Analysts, but remained the same for Data Engineers, and Managers/Directors. Data Scientist job satisfaction has an alarming drop in mid-career. Finally, which regions have the highest and lowest job satisfactions?
- Are you satisfied in your job? Take our Data Community Job Satisfaction Survey - Mar 15, 2021.
The latest KDnuggets survey is looking to determine the job satisfaction levels of the data community. Take a few moments to contribute your answer and help paint a picture of the current situation.
- Here are the Most Popular Python IDEs/Editors - Oct 6, 2020.
Jupyter Notebook continues to lead as the most popular Python IDE, but its share has declined since the last poll. The top 4 contenders have remained the same, but only one has significantly improved its share. We also examine the breakdown by employment and region.
- New Poll: What Python IDE / Editor you used the most in 2020? - Sep 22, 2020.
The latest KDnuggets polls asks which Python IDE / Editor you have used the most in 2020. Participate now, and share your experiences with the community.
- Modern Data Science Skills: 8 Categories, Core Skills, and Hot Skills - Sep 8, 2020.
We analyze the results of the Data Science Skills poll, including 8 categories of skills, 13 core skills that over 50% of respondents have, the emerging/hot skills that data scientists want to learn, and what is the top skill that Data Scientists want to learn.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n31, Aug 12: Data Science Skills: Have vs Want: Vote in the New Poll; Netflix Polynote is a New Open Source Framework to Build Better Data Science Notebooks - Aug 12, 2020.
Vote in the new KDnuggets poll
: which data science skills you have and which ones you want? Netflix is not only for movies - its Polynote is a new open source framework to build better data science notebooks; Learn about containerization of PySpark using Kubernetes; Read the findings from Data Scientist Job Market 2020 analysis; and Explore GPT-3 latest.
- New Poll: Which Data Science Skills You Have and Which Ones You Want? Vote Now - Aug 5, 2020.
Take part in the latest KDnuggets poll, and share your insights with the community. Which Data Science skills do you currently possess, and which are you looking forward to add or improve upon? Vote now!
- Largest Dataset Analyzed – Poll Results and Trends - Jul 1, 2020.
The results show that despite the deluge of Big Data, large majority still works in Gigabyte or Megabyte-size datasets. Data Scientists work with the largest-size datasets, followed by Data Engineers, Data Analysts, and Business Analysts. Read more for details.
- Data Science Tools Popularity, animated - Jun 25, 2020.
Watch the evolution of the top 10 most popular data science tools based on KDnuggets software polls from 2000 to 2019.
- New Poll: What was the largest dataset you analyzed / data mined? - Jun 9, 2020.
Take part in KDnuggets latest survey to have your voice heard, and let the community know what the largest dataset size you have worked with is.
- Coronavirus Data and Poll Analysis – yes, there is hope, if we act now - Mar 23, 2020.
We examine the growth of coronavirus daily cases in most affected countries, and show evidence that social distancing works in reducing the rate of spread. We also analyze KDnuggets Poll results - the scale of change to online and how Data Science work is likely to increase or drop in different regions. Stay Healthy and practice social distancing!
- When Will AutoML replace Data Scientists? Poll Results and Analysis - Mar 16, 2020.
Will AI always be 5-10 years away? The majority of respondents to this poll think that AutoML will reach expert level in 5-10 years. Interestingly, it is about the same as 5 years ago. We examine the trends by AutoML experience, industry, and region.
- New Poll: Coronavirus impact on AI/Data Science/Machine Learning community - Mar 10, 2020.
Has coronavirus impacted your conference or other travel plans, and do you anticipate it causing further professional or educational disruption in the near future? Take part in the new KDnuggets poll and have your say.
- New Poll: When Will AutoML Replace Data Scientists (if ever)? - Feb 27, 2020.
Take part in the latest KDnuggets poll by weighing in on when you think AutoML and Automated Data Science will replace humans — if ever.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n04, Jan 29: AutoML: If you try it, you’ll like it more; The Data Science Interview Study Guide - Jan 29, 2020.
AutoML Poll results: if you try it, you'll like it more; The Data Science Interview Study Guide; What Do Data Scientists in Europe Do & How Much Are They Worth?; 2 Questions for a Junior Data Scientist
- AutoML Poll results: if you try it, you’ll like it more - Jan 27, 2020.
The results of latest KDnuggets Poll on AutoML are quite interesting. While most respondents were not happy with AutoML performance, the opinions of those who tried it were higher than those who did not.
- KDnuggets Poll: How well do current AutoML solutions work? - Dec 14, 2019.
Take part in our latest poll, asking readers their opinions on the effectiveness of current automated machine learning solutions.
- Which Data Science Skills are core and which are hot/emerging ones? - Sep 17, 2019.
We identify two main groups of Data Science skills: A: 13 core, stable skills that most respondents have and B: a group of hot, emerging skills that most do not have (yet) but want to add. See our detailed analysis.
- New Poll: Data Science Skills - Aug 28, 2019.
New KDnuggets poll asks 1) What Data Science/Machine Learning-related skills you currently have, and 2) Which skills you want to add or improve? If you are human, please vote and we will analyze and publish the results.
- What you need to know: The Modern Open-Source Data Science/Machine Learning Ecosystem - Jun 10, 2019.
We identify the 6 tools in the modern open-source Data Science ecosystem, examine the Python vs R question, and determine which tools are used the most with Deep Learning and Big Data.
- Python leads the 11 top Data Science, Machine Learning platforms: Trends and Analysis - May 30, 2019.
Python continues to lead the top Data Science platforms, but R and RapidMiner hold their share; Almost 50% have used Deep Learning tools; SQL is steady; Consolidation continues.
Pages: 1 2
- 2019 KDnuggets Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning projects in the past 12 months? - May 7, 2019.
Vote in KDnuggets 20th Annual Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning projects in the past 12 months? We will publish the anon data, results, and trends here.
- Top Data Science and Machine Learning Methods Used in 2018, 2019 - Apr 29, 2019.
Once again, the most used methods are Regression, Clustering, Visualization, Decision Trees/Rules, and Random Forests. The greatest relative increases this year are overwhelmingly Deep Learning techniques, while SVD, SVMs and Association Rules show the greatest decline.
- Which Data Science / Machine Learning methods and algorithms did you use in 2018/2019 for a real-world application? - Apr 9, 2019.
Which Data Science / Machine Learning methods and algorithms did you use in 2018/2019 for a real-world application? Take part in the latest KDnuggets survey and have your say.
- Where Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning Were Applied: Trends and Analysis - Mar 7, 2019.
CRM/Consumer analytics, health care, banking, finance, and science were the top sectors in 2018. The greatest increases were in mobile apps, investment, security, entertainment, and social policy, while fraud detection, retail, advertising, direct marketing, and social media saw the greatest declines.
Pages: 1 2
- Where did you apply Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning in 2018? - Feb 25, 2019.
Where did you apply Analytics, Machine Learning, and Data Science in 2018? Take part in the latest KDnuggets poll to share your input, and see what others have to say.
- Here are the most popular Python IDEs / Editors - Dec 7, 2018.
We report on the most popular IDE and Editors, based on our poll. Jupyter is the favorite across all regions and employment types, but there is competition for no. 2 and no. 3 spots.
- What Python editors or IDEs you used the most in 2018? - Nov 27, 2018.
Vote in the new KDnuggets Poll - what are your favorite Python editors or IDEs?
- How Important is that Machine Learning Model be Understandable? We analyze poll results - Nov 19, 2018.
About 85% of respondents said it was always or frequently important that Machine Learning model be understandable. This was is especially important for academic researchers, and surprisingly more in US/Canada than in Europe or Asia.
- New Poll: How Important is Understanding Machine Learning Models? - Oct 30, 2018.
New KDnuggets poll is asking: When building Machine Learning / Data Science models in 2018, how often was it important that the model be humanly understandable/explainable? Please vote
- Amazing consistency: Largest Dataset Analyzed / Data Mined – Poll Results and Trends - Oct 29, 2018.
The poll results show amazing consistency to past years, with median answers still in 10-100 gigabytes range. Really Big Data Scientists (100 Petabytes and more) continue to stand apart, but remain small segment where Asian data scientists lead for the first time in this poll.
- New Poll: What was the largest dataset you analyzed / data mined? - Oct 12, 2018.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What was the largest dataset you analyzed / data mined? Please vote and we will analyze the trends and publish the results.
- Which Data Profession Has The Highest Job Satisfaction? - Jun 12, 2018.
KDnuggets poll compares Machine Learning Engineer, Researcher, Data Scientist and other professions and identifies one with the highest job satisfaction. Job satisfaction usually starts high, but drops significantly after 4 years on the job.
- The 6 components of Open-Source Data Science/ Machine Learning Ecosystem; Did Python declare victory over R? - Jun 6, 2018.
We find 6 tools form the modern open source Data Science / Machine Learning ecosystem; examine whether Python declared victory over R; and review which tools are most associated with Deep Learning and Big Data.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n21, May 23: Python eats away at R; Top 2018 Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning tools; 9 Must-have skills for a Data Scientist - May 23, 2018.
Also How to Implement a YOLO (v3) Object Detector from Scratch in PyTorch; Frameworks for Approaching the Machine Learning Process.
- Python eats away at R: Top Software for Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning in 2018: Trends and Analysis - May 22, 2018.
Python continues to eat away at R, RapidMiner gains, SQL is steady, Tensorflow advances pulling along Keras, Hadoop drops, Data Science platforms consolidate, and more.
Pages: 1 2
- 2018 KDnuggets Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning projects in the past 12 months? - May 7, 2018.
Vote in KDnuggets 19th Annual Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning projects in the past 12 months?
- Machine Learning Engineer, Researcher, Data Scientist have the highest job satisfaction - Apr 26, 2018.
KDnuggets poll finds that Machine Learning Engineer, Researcher, and Data Scientist have the highest job satisfaction. Job satisfaction usually starts high, but drops significantly after 4 years on the job. Data professionals in Asia and Latin America are most unsatisfied.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n15, Apr 11: Why so many data scientists are leaving their jobs; New Poll: Data Scientist job satisfaction - Apr 11, 2018.
Also Where Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning Were Applied - Trends and analysis; Top 8 Free Must-Read Books on Deep Learning.
- New Poll: Data Scientist and Data Community Job Satisfaction - Apr 10, 2018.
Is Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer still the sexiest profession or have you been burned? Please vote in the new poll on job satisfaction.
- Where Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning Were Applied: Trends and Analysis - Apr 9, 2018.
CRM/Consumer Analytics, Finance, and Banking are still the leading applications, but Health Care and Fraud Detection are gaining. Anti-spam, Manufacturing, and Social are the fastest growing sectors in 2017, while Oil / Gas / Energy and Social Networks analysis have declined.
Pages: 1 2
- New KDnuggets Poll: Where did you apply Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning methods in 2017? - Mar 25, 2018.
Data Science and Machine Learning are applicable very widely, so it is interesting to see how the application areas change. KDnuggets was running this question each year since 2006, so please vote and we will analyze the results and report the trends.
- Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) in less than 50 years, say KDnuggets readers - Jan 5, 2018.
Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) will likely be achieved in less than 50 years, according to latest KDnuggets Poll. The median estimate from all regions was 21-50 years, except in Asia where AGI is expected in 11-20 years.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n48, Dec 20: Machine Learning 2017 Key Trends; New Poll: When is AGI Coming?; AI Year End Roundup - Dec 20, 2017.
Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence: Main Developments in 2017 and Key Trends in 2018; New Poll: When will Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) be achieved?; Xavier Amatriain's Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Year-end Roundup; How to Generate FiveThirtyEight Graphs in Python; Transitioning to Data Science: How to become a data scientist
- New Poll: When will Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) be achieved? - Dec 18, 2017.
When will Artificial General Intelligence (AGI) be achieved, if ever? Please vote in new KDnuggets Poll.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n47, Dec 13: Top Data Science, Machine Learning Methods in 2017; Main Data Science Developments in 2017, Key Trends; Lunch Break with Keras - Dec 13, 2017.
Also: Managing Machine Learning Workflows with Scikit-learn Pipelines; Best Masters in Data Science and Analytics - Europe Edition; Another Day in the Life of a Data Scientist; TensorFlow for Short-Term Stocks; Creating Simple Data Visualizations as an Act of Kindness
- Top Data Science and Machine Learning Methods Used in 2017 - Dec 11, 2017.
The most used methods are Regression, Clustering, Visualization, Decision Trees/Rules, and Random Forests; Deep Learning is used by only 20% of respondents; we also analyze which methods are most "industrial" and most "academic".
Pages: 1 2
- New Poll: Which Data Science / Machine Learning methods and tools you used? - Nov 20, 2017.
Please vote in new KDnuggets poll which examines the methods and tools used for a real-world application or project.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n43, Nov 8: Peak Demand for Data Scientists/Machine Learning Experts – When? Advice For New and Junior Data Scientists - Nov 8, 2017.
Also: 3 different types of machine learning; Want to know how Deep Learning works? Here's a quick guide to Deep Learning; Blockchain Key Terms, Explained.
- When Will Demand for Data Scientists/Machine Learning Experts Peak? - Nov 7, 2017.
We analyze the results of Data Science / Machine Learning peak demand poll, examine the split between optimists and pessimists, and try to explain why predictions look so similar regardless of experience, affiliation, and region?
- New Poll: When will demand for Data Scientists/Machine Learning experts begin to decline? - Oct 23, 2017.
New KDnuggets Poll examines how long the current high demand for Data Scientists/Machine Learning experts will last. Please vote and we will analyze and report the results.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n33, Aug 30: Python Overtakes R in Machine Learning; Data Science in 42 Steps; Deep Learning not AI’s Future - Aug 30, 2017.
Also: KDnuggets part-time, paid internship in Data Science/Machine Learning Journalism; How To Write Better SQL Queries: The Definitive Guide; Understanding overfitting: an inaccurate meme in Machine Learning; How to Become a Data Scientist: The Definitive Guide
- Python overtakes R, becomes the leader in Data Science, Machine Learning platforms - Aug 28, 2017.
While Python did not "swallow" R, in 2017 Python ecosystem overtook R as the leading platform for Analytics, Data Science, and Machine Learning and is pulling users from other platforms.
- New Poll: Python vs R vs rest: What did you use in 2016-17 for Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning tasks? - Aug 15, 2017.
Python vs R vs Other - What did you use for Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning work in 2016-17? Vote and we will analyze and report results and trends.
- Optimism about AI improving society is high, but drops with experience developing AI systems - Jul 21, 2017.
While about 60% of KDnuggets readers think AI and Automation will improve society, the optimism drops significantly among those with 4 or more years experience developing AI systems. Should we pay more attention to the experts?
- New Poll: Will society become better from increased automation, AI, and Machine Learning? - Jul 9, 2017.
What will be the impact on human society and human welfare of increased automation, AI, and Machine Learning? Please vote.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n25, Jun 28: Emerging Data Science Software Ecosystem; 3 Key Data Science 2017 Hiring Trends - Jun 28, 2017.
Emerging Data Science Software Ecosystem; 3 Key Trends Shaping the 2017 Data Science Hiring Market; Top 10 Quora Machine Learning Writers and Their Best Advice; The world's first protein database for Machine Learning and AI; Making Sense of Machine Learning
- Emerging Ecosystem: Data Science and Machine Learning Software, Analyzed - Jun 21, 2017.
We examine which top tools are "friends", their Python vs R bias, and which work well with Spark/Hadoop and Deep Learning, and identify an emerging Big Data Deep Learning ecosystem.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n20, May 24: New Data Science Leader, Trends, Surprises; Getting Into Data Science: What You Need to Know - May 24, 2017.
KDnuggets Software Poll Results; Getting Into Data Science: What You Need to Know; Descriptive Statistics Key Terms, Explained; The Best Python Packages for Data Science
- New Leader, Trends, and Surprises in Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning Software Poll - May 22, 2017.
Python caught up with R and (barely) overtook it; Deep Learning usage surges to 32%; RapidMiner remains top general Data Science platform; Five languages of Data Science.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n18, May 10: KDnuggets Poll: Software used for Analytics, Data Science? Top Machine Learning videos - May 10, 2017.
Also Top 10 Machine Learning Videos on YouTube, updated; Deep Learning in Minutes with this ...; Machine Learning overtaking Big Data?
- New Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning projects in the past 12 months? - May 5, 2017.
Vote in KDnuggets 18th Annual Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning projects in the past 12 months? We will clean, analyze, visualize, and publish the results.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n17, May 3: Learn Machine Learning… in 10 Days?!? Gradient Descent, Simplified - May 3, 2017.
How to Learn Machine Learning in 10 Days; Keep it simple! How to understand Gradient Descent algorithm; The Guerrilla Guide to Machine Learning with Python; What Data You Analyzed - KDnuggets Poll Results and Trends; Cartoon: Machine Learning - What They Think I Do
- What Data You Analyzed – KDnuggets Poll Results and Trends - Apr 26, 2017.
Image/video data analysis is surging, JSON replacing XML, anonymized data usage is growing in US and Europe (but not in Asia), itemsets and Twitter analysis is declining - some of the highlights of KDnuggets Poll on data types used.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n14, Apr 12: Free Machine Learning & Data Science Books; Top Machine Learning & Deep Learning Papers - Apr 12, 2017.
10 Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning and Data Science; Top 20 Recent Research Papers on Machine Learning and Deep Learning; New Poll: What data types you analyzed?; The 42 V's of Big Data and Data Science; A Brief History of Artificial Intelligence
- New Poll: What data types you analyzed? - Apr 11, 2017.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What data types you analyzed in the past 12 months? Please vote.
- Data Scientists Strongly Oppose Trump Immigration Ban - Feb 21, 2017.
Latest poll of nearly 1000 analytics professionals and data scientists who read KDnuggets shows that 75% worldwide and 77% in the US oppose Trump Immigration Ban. The poll results reveal sharp polarization, with strong views prevailing on both sides.
- New Poll: Do you support Trump Immigration Ban? - Feb 9, 2017.
Express your opinion about Trump Immigration ban and find out what does Google Autocomplete offers when you search for "Trump Immigration".
- The Surprising Ethics of Humans and Self-Driving Cars - Jan 9, 2017.
The surprising finding is that people are much more willing to ride in a self-driving car that might kill them to save several pedestrians than in a car that would save them but kill pedestrians. Asian respondents had significantly different preferences from US and Europe.
- New Poll: Can You Live with Ethics of Machine Learning and Self-Driving Cars? - Dec 19, 2016.
The difficult thing about Machine Learning Ethics is that it forces us to consider the harsh choices people sometimes have to make but don't want to think about. Here is one such situation - what is the right choice? Please vote.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n44, Dec 14: Key Data Science 2016 Events, 2017 Trends; Where Data Science was applied; Bayesian Basics - Dec 14, 2016.
Data Science, Predictive Analytics Main Developments in 2016, Key Trends in 2017; Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science were applied in 2016; Bayesian Basics, Explained; Data Science Trends To Look Out For In 2017; Artificial Neural Networks (ANN) Introduction
- Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science were applied in 2016 - Dec 12, 2016.
CRM/Consumer Analytics, Finance, and Banking are still the leading applications, but Anti-spam, Mobile apps, Travel/hospitality grew the most in 2016. Share of Health care, Consumer analytics, and Direct Marketing/ Fundraising data science applications declined for 2 years in a row.
- Industries / Fields where you applied Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science in 2016? - Nov 29, 2016.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What are the Industries/Fields where you applied Analytics, Data Science, Data Mining in 2016? Please vote and we will publish the analysis and trends.
- Trump, The Statistics of Polling, and Forecasting Home Prices - Nov 12, 2016.
Why polling has failed in US Presidential election? The home price index offers an apt comparison inasmuch as sample selection is problematic, equally snagging both election predictions and home price futures.
- Trump, Failure of Prediction, and Lessons for Data Scientists - Nov 9, 2016.
The shocking and unexpected win of Donald Trump of presidency of the United States has once again showed the limits of Data Science and prediction when dealing with human behavior.
- Largest Dataset Analyzed Poll shows surprising stability, more junior Data Scientists - Nov 8, 2016.
The majority (57%) of respondents only worked with Gigabyte range data. More junior Data Scientists enter the market, but Petabyte Big Data Scientists still stand apart.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n38, Oct 26: Free Machine Learning EBooks; Neural Networks in Python with Scikit-learn - Oct 26, 2016.
5 EBooks to Read Before Getting into A Machine Learning Career; A Beginner's Guide to Neural Networks with Python and Scikit-learn 0.18!; New Poll: What was the largest dataset you analyzed / data mined?; Jupyter Notebook Best Practices for Data Science
- New Poll: What was the largest dataset you analyzed / data mined? - Oct 22, 2016.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What was the largest dataset you analyzed / data mined? Please vote
- The Great Algorithm Tutorial Roundup - Sep 20, 2016.
This is a collection of tutorials relating to the results of the recent KDnuggets algorithms poll. If you are interested in learning or brushing up on the most used algorithms, as per our readers, look here for suggestions on doing so!
- Top Algorithms and Methods Used by Data Scientists - Sep 12, 2016.
Latest KDnuggets poll identifies the list of top algorithms actually used by Data Scientists, finds surprises including the most academic and most industry-oriented algorithms.
Pages: 1 2
- New Poll: Which methods/algorithms you used for a Data Science or Machine Learning application? - Aug 26, 2016.
Which methods/approaches you used in the past 12 months for an actual Data Science-related application? Please vote and we will analyze and publish the results.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n21, Jun 15: What Big Data, Data Science tools go together? Oppys for Machine Learning Startups - Jun 15, 2016.
What Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning software goes together? Opportunities for Machine Learning Startups; Top NoSQL Database Engines; How Do You Identify the Right Data Scientist for Your Team?
- What Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning software goes together? - Jun 14, 2016.
We analyze the associations between top Data Science tools, Commercial vs Free/Open Source, rank tools on R vs Python bias, find tools more associated with Big Data, those more associated with Deep Learning, and uncover strong regional differences.
Pages: 1 2 3
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n20, Jun 8: R, Python Duel for 1st Place; “Regular” Machine Learning vs Deep Learning; Numpy Intro - Jun 8, 2016.
R, Python Duel As Top Analytics, Data Science software; What is the Difference Between Deep Learning and "Regular" Machine Learning; An Introduction to Scientific Python; How to Build Your Own Deep Learning Box
- R, Python Duel As Top Analytics, Data Science software – KDnuggets 2016 Software Poll Results - Jun 6, 2016.
R remains the leading tool, with 49% share, but Python grows faster and almost catches up to R. RapidMiner remains the most popular general Data Science platform. Big Data tools used by almost 40%, and Deep Learning usage doubles.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n18, May 18: Annual Software Poll; Practical Data Science Skills; Creative Deep Learning - May 18, 2016.
Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science; Practical skills that practical data scientists need; Are Deep Neural Networks Creative?; TPOT : A Python Tool for Automating Data Science
- Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning projects in the past 12 months? - May 14, 2016.
Vote in KDnuggets 17th Annual Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Machine Learning projects in the past 12 months? We will clean and analyze the results and publish our analysis afterwards.
- Deep Learning is not Enough - Feb 9, 2016.
Deep Learning has real successes, but is not enough to reach artificial intelligence, according to latest KDnuggets Poll. For more complex problems, should pure neural-net approaches be combined with symbolic, knowledge-based methods?
- New Poll: Deep Learning – does reality match the hype? - Jan 29, 2016.
New KDnuggets Poll looks at the very hot field of Deep Learning and asks: does reality match the hype? Please vote!
- Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science were applied in 2015 - Jan 23, 2016.
Consumer Analytics is still the leading application area for analytics & data mining (although losing its share), followed by Finance, and Banking. Highest growth is in Games, Entertainment/Music, and Social Good/Non-profit applications. 3-year comparison shows surprising stability.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n42, Dec 29: Where did you apply Analytics? 5 ways Data Scientists keep learning - Dec 29, 2015.
Poll: Industries/Fields where you applied Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science in 2015; 5 Ways Data Scientists Keep Learning After College; Lessons from 2M Machine Learning Models on Kaggle; 10 BI Trends for 2016.
- New Poll: Industries/Fields where you applied Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science in 2015? - Dec 21, 2015.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking - where did you apply Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science in 2015? Please vote and we will analyze the results and report on trends and interesting findings.
- Big RAM is eating big data – Size of datasets used for analytics - Nov 20, 2015.
Here we analysed the KDnuggets surveys on the largest datasets used by practitioners to find out need for the Big Data tools over the Big RAM.
- Ethics should be a part of Data Science Training - Nov 6, 2015.
Over three quarters of Data Scientists support including ethics in Data Science training, and code of ethics is already a part of CAP certification and a part of UN Statistics division declaration.
- New Poll: Should Data Science Include Ethics Training? - Oct 20, 2015.
New poll is examining the question of Ethics and Data Science. Are Data Scientists more like physicians who take The Hippocratic Oath or more like Mathematicians, who work with numbers? Please vote.
- Poll Results: Data Scientists don’t stay long in their jobs - Sep 12, 2015.
Job market for Data Scientists is hot - half of them left their previous job after 2 years or less. In a hopeful sign for employers, Data Scientists plan to stay longer in their current job, for all job types.
- API for Prediction and Machine Learning: poll results and analysis - Sep 1, 2015.
APIs are set procedures which provide easy to use, automated, robust solution to the recurring programming challenges. Here, we analyzed major players in the big data domain are providing machine learning APIs.
- New Poll: How long did you stay at your analytics/data science job? - Aug 21, 2015.
Please vote: How long did you stay at your PREVIOUS analytics/data science job/position and how long to you expect to stay at your current one?
- Poll Results: Where is Big Data? For most, Largest Dataset Analyzed is in laptop-size GB range - Aug 18, 2015.
A majority of data scientists (56%) work in Gigabyte dataset range. We note a small increase in Petabyte (web-scale) data miners, and a decline in Megabyte data miners. US, Australia/NZ, and Asia lead in percentage of Terabyte and Petabyte analysts.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n25, Aug 5: Largest Dataset Analyzed? Big Data & the Dog Question; Impact of IoT - Aug 5, 2015.
New Poll: Largest Dataset Analyzed/Data Mined?; Cartoon: Big Data and the dog question; Impact of IoT on Big Data Landscape; Data is Ugly - Tales of Data Cleaning.
- New Poll: Largest Dataset Analyzed/Data Mined? - Aug 4, 2015.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What was the largest dataset you analyzed / data mined? Will Gigabyte range dominate for another year or will Big Data miners share increase?
- R, Python users show surprising stability, but strong regional differences - Jul 14, 2015.
R remains the dominant language, with Python slowly catching up, and other languages shrinking. We also found surprising stability, with about 90% of R and Python users staying with that language, and strong regional differences.
- New Poll: Primary Programming Language for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science? - Jun 22, 2015.
The Data Science Championship fight - R vs Python: What was your Primary Programming Language for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science tasks?
- Which Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science Tools go together? - Jun 11, 2015.
We analyze the associations between the top Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science tools based on the results of 2015 KDnuggets Software Poll. Download anonymized data and analyze it yourself.
- R leads RapidMiner, Python catches up, Big Data tools grow, Spark ignites - May 25, 2015.
R is the most popular overall tool among data miners, although Python usage is growing faster. RapidMiner continues to be most popular suite for data mining/data science. Hadoop/Big Data tools usage grew to 29%, propelled by 3x growth in Spark. Other tools with strong growth include H2O (0xdata), Actian, MLlib, and Alteryx.
- Poll: What Predictive Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science software/tools you used in the past 12 months? - May 7, 2015.
Vote in KDnuggets 16th Annual Poll: What Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science software/tools you used in the past 12 months for a real project?. We will clean and analyze the results and publish our trend analysis afterwards.
- Data Scientists Automated and Unemployed by 2025? - May 5, 2015.
Will Data Scientists be unemployed by 2025? Majority of voters in latest KDnuggets Poll expect expert-level Data Science to be automated in 10 years or less.
- KDnuggets Poll: Future of Predictive Analytics: Human or Machine? - Apr 21, 2015.
The robots are taking over many jobs - will they take yours and mine? New KDnuggets Poll is asking if and when automation will reach the level of human data scientists.
- Poll: Machine Learning APIs - Apr 4, 2015.
Poll from Bart Baesens at KU Leuven asks about your usage of Machine Learning APIs and other predictive analytics tools.
- Computing Platforms for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science - Apr 1, 2015.
The poll results suggest a split between a majority of data miners and data scientists who work with growing but still "PC-size", small GB-sized data, and a smaller group of Big Data analysts who work with cloud-sized data. Cloud computing, Unix, and especially Mac gained in popularity.
Pages: 1 2
- New Poll: Computing platform for your analytics, data mining, data science work or research - Mar 14, 2015.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What computing platform you use for analytics, data mining, data science work or research? Please vote.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 2-8: 6 categories in the Hadoop Ecosystem; How PayPal uses Deep Learning to fight fraud - Mar 9, 2015.
How #PayPal uses #DeepLearning and detective work to fight #fraud; Beginning #deeplearning with 500 lines of Julia; Processing frameworks for Hadoop and 6 categories in the #Hadoop Ecosystem; KDnuggets Poll results: #Analytics, #DataMining, #DataScience salary income by region.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n07, Mar 4: Analytics/Data Science Salaries; Machine Learning Flaws; Strata Highlights - Mar 4, 2015.
Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science salary survey by region and role; Strata + Hadoop World 2015 San Jose - Highlights; All Machine Learning Models Have Flaws; Interview: Ted Dunning, MapR on The Real Meaning of Real-Time in Big Data, and more.
- Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science professionals well compensated - Mar 3, 2015.
US, Canada, and Australian analytics professionals are paid the most, with US/Canada Industry Data Science Managers earning on average $177K, Industry Data Scientists $126K, Academic Researchers $119K, and Data Analysts $86K.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n05, Feb 11: Annual Salary Poll; 10 things statistics teaches about Big Data; Data Science Jargon - Feb 11, 2015.
KDnuggets Annual Analytics/Data Science salary poll; 10 things statistics taught us about big data analysis; Data Science's Most Used, Confused, and Abused Jargon; Top 30 people in Big Data and Analytics; and more news, software, opinions, interviews, webcasts, courses, jobs, academic, publications, top tweets, and CFP.
- KDnuggets Annual Poll: Analytics/Data Science/Data Mining income/salary, role, and employment - Feb 11, 2015.
Please vote in KDnuggets annual poll on analytics / data science / data mining field income/salary vs analytic role and employment. We will analyze and publish the results.
- Majority thinks Artificial Intelligence will not be a threat to Humanity - Jan 7, 2015.
The plurality of 48% in latest KDnuggets poll say Artificial Intelligence will not be a threat to Humanity, but really interesting and scary questions have been raised - perhaps humanity is a threat to progress?
- New Poll: Will Artificial Intelligence be a threat to Humanity? - Dec 12, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking - Will Artificial Intelligence be a threat to Humanity? Please vote if you are human.
- KDnuggets 14:n33, Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science is applied; Top trends for 2015 - Dec 10, 2014.
Also: If programming languages were vehicles, what would be R, Python, SAS, and SQL? 2nd look at Geoff Hinton AMA; Stop ignoring your text data, and more Analytics, Data mining, and Data Science stories.
- Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science is applied - Dec 9, 2014.
CRM/Consumer analytics, Banking, and Health care are the most popular industries, but also joined by new sectors including Oil / Gas / Energy, Automotive, and HR/workforce analytics.
- KDnuggets 14:n30, Where did you apply analytics? IBM Watson vs Data Scientists - Nov 19, 2014.
Also: New poll; R and Hadoop make Machine Learning Possible for Everyone and more; Top SlideShare Presentations on Data Mining; The Future of Analytics and more.
- New Poll: Industries where you applied analytics / data mining in 2014? - Nov 17, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: where did you apply analytics / data mining in 2014? Please vote and we will analyze, compare, and publish the results.
- CRISP-DM, still the top methodology for analytics, data mining, or data science projects - Oct 28, 2014.
CRISP-DM remains the most popular methodology for analytics, data mining, and data science projects, with 43% share in latest KDnuggets Poll, but a replacement for unmaintained CRISP-DM is long overdue.
- Top stories for Oct 12-18: New Poll: Methodology for Analytics, Data Mining Projects? Big Data Is Not Big Context - Oct 19, 2014.
New Poll: Methodology for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Projects? Big Data Is Not Big Context; Big Data on the Internet of Things; ADW, free software to measure semantic similarity.
- New Poll: Methodology for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Projects? - Oct 13, 2014.
KDnuggets revisits the question of methodology, and asks "What main methodology are you using for your analytics, data mining, or data science projects?" Please vote.