- The 7 Best Open Source AI Libraries You May Not Have Heard Of - Jun 9, 2021.
AI researchers today have many exciting options for working with specialized tools. Although starting original projects from scratch is often not necessary, knowing which existing library to leverage remains a challenge. This list of generally unknown yet awesome, open-source libraries offers an interesting collection to consider for state-of-the-art research that spans from automatic machine learning to differentiable quantum circuits.
- Free From MIT: Intro to Computational Thinking with Julia - Nov 12, 2020.
Introduction to Computational Thinking with Julia, with Applications to Modeling the COVID-19 Pandemic is another freely-available offering from MIT's Open Courseware.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n35, Sep 16: Data Science Skills: Core, Emerging, and Most Wanted; Free From MIT: Intro to CS, Programming in Python - Sep 16, 2020.
Check the analysis of latest KDnuggets Poll: which data science skills are core, which are emerging, and what is the most wanted skill readers want to learn; Free From MIT: Intro to CS and Programming in Python; 8 AI/Machine Learning Projects To Make Your Portfolio Stand Out; Statistics with Julia: The Free eBook; and more.
- Statistics with Julia: The Free eBook - Sep 14, 2020.
This free eBook is a draft copy of the upcoming Statistics with Julia: Fundamentals for Data Science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. Interested in learning Julia for data science? This might be the best intro out there.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n21, May 27: The Best NLP with Deep Learning Course is Free; Your First Machine Learning Web App - May 27, 2020.
Also: Python For Everybody: The Free eBook; Complex logic at breakneck speed: Try Julia for data science; An easy guide to choose the right Machine Learning algorithm; Dataset Splitting Best Practices in Python; Appropriately Handling Missing Values for Statistical Modelling and Prediction
- Complex logic at breakneck speed: Try Julia for data science - May 20, 2020.
We show a comparative performance benchmarking of Julia with an equivalent Python code to show why Julia is great for data science and machine learning.
- Introducing Gen: MIT’s New Language That Wants to be the TensorFlow of Programmable Inference - Jul 12, 2019.
Researchers from MIT recently unveiled a new probabilistic programming language named Gen, a language which allow researchers to write models and algorithms from multiple fields where AI techniques are applied without having to deal with equations or manually write high-performance code.
- The Whole Data Science World in Your Hands - Jun 5, 2019.
Testing MatrixDS capabilities on different languages and tools: Python, R and Julia. If you work with data you have to check this out.
- Optimization 101 for Data Scientists - Aug 8, 2018.
We show how to use optimization strategies to make the best possible decision.
- The Guerrilla Guide to Machine Learning with Julia - Jul 12, 2017.
This post is a lean look at learning machine learning with Julia. It is a complete, if very short, course for the quick study hacker with no time (or patience) to spare.
- Top Machine Learning Projects for Julia - Aug 19, 2016.
Julia is gaining traction as a legitimate alternative programming language for analytics tasks. Learn more about these 5 machine learning related projects.
- Machine Learning Table of Elements Decoded - Mar 11, 2015.
Machine learning packages for Python, Java, Big Data, Lua/JS/Clojure, Scala, C/C++, CV/NLP, and R/Julia are represented using a cute but ill-fitting metaphor of a periodic table. We extract the useful links.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 2-8: 6 categories in the Hadoop Ecosystem; How PayPal uses Deep Learning to fight fraud - Mar 9, 2015.
How #PayPal uses #DeepLearning and detective work to fight #fraud; Beginning #deeplearning with 500 lines of Julia; Processing frameworks for Hadoop and 6 categories in the #Hadoop Ecosystem; KDnuggets Poll results: #Analytics, #DataMining, #DataScience salary income by region.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 29-30: Machine learning #cheatsheet; Can you find McDonald faster than a computer? - Oct 1, 2014.
Machine learning #cheatsheet on github; Great list of resources on Cloud Computing, #BigData; Excellent (but scary) demo: Can you find the nearest McDonald faster than a computer? Top 10 presentations about data science / #BigData on SlideShare.
- Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science - Aug 18, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll shows the growing dominance of four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, and Data Science: R, SAS, Python, and SQL - used by 91% of data scientists - and decline in popularity of other languages, except for Julia and Scala.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 9-10: Numeric Matrix Manipulation: Cheat Sheet; The First Law of Data Science - Jun 11, 2014.
Also - The First Law of Data Science: Do Umbrellas Cause Rain? ; Tell Your Kids to be Data Scientists - Not Doctors; DLib Library for Machine Learning
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 10-11: Data scientist cartoon – too busy recommending; Julia: One Language to Rule Them All - Feb 12, 2014.
Data scientist cartoon - too busy recommending things ...; Julia: One Programming Language to Rule Them All; Anaconda: free enterprise-ready Python distribution for large-scale data processing; 10 Most Innovative Companies in #BigData: GE, Kaggle, Ayasdi, IBM, Mount Sinai ...
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 5-6: A Deep Learning expert wins Dogs vs Cats competition; An alternative to R and Python: Julia - Feb 7, 2014.
A Deep Learning expert wins Dogs vs Cats competition with an almost perfect result; An alternative to R and #Python: Julia; Spark is a hot trend in #BigData but what is it exactly? Here is a explanation; etcML - Free Text-Analysis Tool - Machine Learning as a Service.