- KDnuggets™ News 20:n21, May 27: The Best NLP with Deep Learning Course is Free; Your First Machine Learning Web App - May 27, 2020.
Also: Python For Everybody: The Free eBook; Complex logic at breakneck speed: Try Julia for data science; An easy guide to choose the right Machine Learning algorithm; Dataset Splitting Best Practices in Python; Appropriately Handling Missing Values for Statistical Modelling and Prediction
- Complex logic at breakneck speed: Try Julia for data science - May 20, 2020.
We show a comparative performance benchmarking of Julia with an equivalent Python code to show why Julia is great for data science and machine learning.
- Introducing Gen: MIT’s New Language That Wants to be the TensorFlow of Programmable Inference - Jul 12, 2019.
Researchers from MIT recently unveiled a new probabilistic programming language named Gen, a language which allow researchers to write models and algorithms from multiple fields where AI techniques are applied without having to deal with equations or manually write high-performance code.
- The Whole Data Science World in Your Hands - Jun 5, 2019.
Testing MatrixDS capabilities on different languages and tools: Python, R and Julia. If you work with data you have to check this out.
- Optimization 101 for Data Scientists - Aug 8, 2018.
We show how to use optimization strategies to make the best possible decision.
- The Guerrilla Guide to Machine Learning with Julia - Jul 12, 2017.
This post is a lean look at learning machine learning with Julia. It is a complete, if very short, course for the quick study hacker with no time (or patience) to spare.
- Top Machine Learning Projects for Julia - Aug 19, 2016.
Julia is gaining traction as a legitimate alternative programming language for analytics tasks. Learn more about these 5 machine learning related projects.
- Machine Learning Table of Elements Decoded - Mar 11, 2015.
Machine learning packages for Python, Java, Big Data, Lua/JS/Clojure, Scala, C/C++, CV/NLP, and R/Julia are represented using a cute but ill-fitting metaphor of a periodic table. We extract the useful links.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 2-8: 6 categories in the Hadoop Ecosystem; How PayPal uses Deep Learning to fight fraud - Mar 9, 2015.
How #PayPal uses #DeepLearning and detective work to fight #fraud; Beginning #deeplearning with 500 lines of Julia; Processing frameworks for Hadoop and 6 categories in the #Hadoop Ecosystem; KDnuggets Poll results: #Analytics, #DataMining, #DataScience salary income by region.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 29-30: Machine learning #cheatsheet; Can you find McDonald faster than a computer? - Oct 1, 2014.
Machine learning #cheatsheet on github; Great list of resources on Cloud Computing, #BigData; Excellent (but scary) demo: Can you find the nearest McDonald faster than a computer? Top 10 presentations about data science / #BigData on SlideShare.
- Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science - Aug 18, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll shows the growing dominance of four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, and Data Science: R, SAS, Python, and SQL - used by 91% of data scientists - and decline in popularity of other languages, except for Julia and Scala.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 9-10: Numeric Matrix Manipulation: Cheat Sheet; The First Law of Data Science - Jun 11, 2014.
Also - The First Law of Data Science: Do Umbrellas Cause Rain? ; Tell Your Kids to be Data Scientists - Not Doctors; DLib Library for Machine Learning
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 10-11: Data scientist cartoon – too busy recommending; Julia: One Language to Rule Them All - Feb 12, 2014.
Data scientist cartoon - too busy recommending things ...; Julia: One Programming Language to Rule Them All; Anaconda: free enterprise-ready Python distribution for large-scale data processing; 10 Most Innovative Companies in #BigData: GE, Kaggle, Ayasdi, IBM, Mount Sinai ...
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 5-6: A Deep Learning expert wins Dogs vs Cats competition; An alternative to R and Python: Julia - Feb 7, 2014.
A Deep Learning expert wins Dogs vs Cats competition with an almost perfect result; An alternative to R and #Python: Julia; Spark is a hot trend in #BigData but what is it exactly? Here is a explanation; etcML - Free Text-Analysis Tool - Machine Learning as a Service.