- What you need to know: The Modern Open-Source Data Science/Machine Learning Ecosystem - Jun 10, 2019.
We identify the 6 tools in the modern open-source Data Science ecosystem, examine the Python vs R question, and determine which tools are used the most with Deep Learning and Big Data.
- Valuable Data Products: Answers to Career Questions and More - Oct 21, 2016.
Collecting high quality data from various resources and turning it into data products is one of the ways to monetize data in today’s digital economy. Lets take a deeper look into it.
- What Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning software goes together? - Jun 14, 2016.
We analyze the associations between top Data Science tools, Commercial vs Free/Open Source, rank tools on R vs Python bias, find tools more associated with Big Data, those more associated with Deep Learning, and uncover strong regional differences.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning projects in the past 12 months? - May 14, 2016.
Vote in KDnuggets 17th Annual Poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Machine Learning projects in the past 12 months? We will clean and analyze the results and publish our analysis afterwards.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n09, Mar 2: Data Science Process; Scikit-feature; Automated Data Science - Mar 9, 2016.
The Data Science Process; scikit-feature: Open-Source Feature Selection Repository; Automated Data Science and Data Mining; Top Big Data Processing Frameworks.
- Machine Learning Table of Elements Decoded - Mar 11, 2015.
Machine learning packages for Python, Java, Big Data, Lua/JS/Clojure, Scala, C/C++, CV/NLP, and R/Julia are represented using a cute but ill-fitting metaphor of a periodic table. We extract the useful links.
- Big Data Vendor Analysis - Apr 10, 2014.
The Big Data market in hardware, software, and services reached $18.6 billion in 2013. We analyze the vendor data and identify 4 main clusters of Big Data companies.