- MDL Clustering: Unsupervised Attribute Ranking, Discretization, and Clustering - Aug 26, 2016.
MDL Clustering is a free software suite for unsupervised attribute ranking, discretization, and clustering based on the Minimum Description Length principle and built on the Weka Data Mining platform.
- Contest Winner: Winning the AutoML Challenge with Auto-sklearn - Aug 5, 2016.
This post is the first place prize recipient in the recent KDnuggets blog contest. Auto-sklearn is an open-source Python tool that automatically determines effective machine learning pipelines for classification and regression datasets. It is built around the successful scikit-learn library and won the recent AutoML challenge.
- Most Viewed Data Mining Videos on YouTube - May 18, 2015.
The top Data Mining YouTube videos by those like Google and Revolution Analytics covers topics ranging from statistics in data mining to using R for data mining to data mining in sports.
- Machine Learning Table of Elements Decoded - Mar 11, 2015.
Machine learning packages for Python, Java, Big Data, Lua/JS/Clojure, Scala, C/C++, CV/NLP, and R/Julia are represented using a cute but ill-fitting metaphor of a periodic table. We extract the useful links.
- Open Source Tools for Machine Learning - Dec 17, 2014.
Open source machine learning software makes it easier to implement machine learning solutions on single computers and at scale, and the diversity of packages provide more options for implementers.
- More Data Mining with Weka - Nov 5, 2014.
Explore deeper tools and techniques using Weka in More Data Mining with Weka, a followup course to Data Mining with Weka, provided by University of Waikato.
- OpenML: Share, Discover and Do Machine Learning - Aug 11, 2014.
OpenML is designed to share, organize and reuse data, code and experiments, so that scientists can make discoveries more efficiently. It is an interesting idea to build a network of machine learning.
- KDnuggets 15th Annual Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science Software Poll: RapidMiner Continues To Lead - Jun 7, 2014.
With over 3,000 data miners taking part in KDnuggets 15th Annual Software Poll, RapidMiner continues to lead. Free software is used much more outside US, and Hadoop usage grows fastest in Asia.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 29-30: Visual.ly Data Visualization Catalog; 100 numpy exercises, from Novice to Expert Data Scientists - Jan 31, 2014.
Visual.ly Data Visualization Catalog help you choose the right visualization; 100 numpy exercises, from Novice to Expert Data Scientists; R vs Python Duel, Contest 1A - download, process 2GB census data; Online course: More Data Mining with Weka
- More Data Mining with Weka - Jan 30, 2014.
This online course teaches both principles and practical data mining techniques, lets students work on very big datasets, classify text, experiment with clustering, and much more.
- WekaMOOC: Data Mining with Weka, complete online course - Dec 21, 2013.
The course features video lectures by Professor Ian H. Witten, with English & Chinese subtitles, open-source Weka data mining platform. What were the most interesting lectures?