- Optimizing the Levenshtein Distance for Measuring Text Similarity - Oct 16, 2020.
For speeding up the calculation of the Levenshtein distance, this tutorial works on calculating using a vector rather than a matrix, which saves a lot of time. We’ll be coding in Java for this implementation.
- A Guide to Preparing OpenCV for Android - Oct 6, 2020.
This tutorial guides Android developers in preparing the popular library OpenCV for use. Using a step-by-step guide, the library will be imported into Android Studio and then can be used for performing any of the operations it supports, such as object detection, segmentation, tracking, and more.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n24, Jun 17: Easy Speech-to-Text with Python; Data Distributions Overview; Java for Data Scientists - Jun 17, 2020.
Also: Deploy a Machine Learning Pipeline to the Cloud Using a Docker Container; Five Cognitive Biases In Data Science (And how to avoid them); Understanding Machine Learning: The Free eBook; Simplified Mixed Feature Type Preprocessing in Scikit-Learn with Pipelines; A Complete guide to Google Colab for Deep Learning
- Top 6 Reasons Data Scientists Should Know Java - Jun 12, 2020.
There are many reasons why data scientists should learn Java. Read this overview of 6 specific reasons to help decide if Java might be right for your projects.
- Can Java Be Used for Machine Learning and Data Science? - Apr 14, 2020.
While Python and R have become favorites for building these programs, many organizations are turning to Java application development to meet their needs. Read on to see how, and why.
- Two Years In The Life of AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Java - Nov 29, 2019.
Where does Java stand in the world of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and deep learning? Learn more about how to do these things in Java, and the libraries and frameworks to use.
- The 4 Quadrants of Data Science Skills and 7 Principles for Creating a Viral Data Visualization - Oct 7, 2019.
As a data scientist, your most important skill is creating meaningful visualizations to disseminate knowledge and impact your organization or client. These seven principals will guide you toward developing charts with clarity, as exemplified with data from a recent KDnuggets poll.
- Deep Learning Framework Power Scores 2018 - Sep 24, 2018.
Who’s on top in usage, interest, and popularity?
- Apache Spark : Python vs. Scala - May 4, 2018.
When it comes to using the Apache Spark framework, the data science community is divided in two camps; one which prefers Scala whereas the other preferring Python. This article compares the two, listing their pros and cons.
- Graph Analytics Using Big Data - Dec 4, 2017.
An overview and a small tutorial showing how to analyze a dataset using Apache Spark, graphframes, and Java.
Pages: 1 2
- Updates & Upserts in Hadoop Ecosystem with Apache Kudu - Oct 27, 2017.
A new open source Apache Hadoop ecosystem project, Apache Kudu completes Hadoop's storage layer to enable fast analytics on fast data.
- Why Java is the Language of Choice for the Internet of Things (IoT) - May 23, 2017.
What has caused this Java revival and why is Java so useful in the Internet of Things? Better yet, what is the Internet of Things?
- 5 Machine Learning Projects You Can No Longer Overlook, April - Apr 13, 2017.
It's about that time again... 5 more machine learning or machine learning-related projects you may not yet have heard of, but may want to consider checking out. Find tools for data exploration, topic modeling, high-level APIs, and feature selection herein.
- Open Source Toolkits for Speech Recognition - Mar 14, 2017.
This article reviews the main options for free speech recognition toolkits that use traditional Hidden Markov Models and n-gram language models.
- 50+ Data Science, Machine Learning Cheat Sheets, updated - Dec 14, 2016.
Gear up to speed and have concepts and commands handy in Data Science, Data Mining, and Machine learning algorithms with these cheat sheets covering R, Python, Django, MySQL, SQL, Hadoop, Apache Spark, Matlab, and Java.
- MDL Clustering: Unsupervised Attribute Ranking, Discretization, and Clustering - Aug 26, 2016.
MDL Clustering is a free software suite for unsupervised attribute ranking, discretization, and clustering based on the Minimum Description Length principle and built on the Weka Data Mining platform.
- NewsWhip (Dublin): Java Machine Learning Engineer - Feb 5, 2016.
Work on developing new algorithms and approaches that will harness our technology and surface the most relevant stories and events to our clients every day.
- Apache Spark: RDD, DataFrame or Dataset? - Feb 3, 2016.
There are now 3 Apache Spark APIs. Here’s how to choose the right one.
Pages: 1 2
- Portable Format for Analytics: moving models to production - Jan 5, 2016.
There are many ways to compute the best solution to a problem, but not all of them can be put into production. The Portable Format for Analytics (PFA) provides a way of formalizing and moving models.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 21-27: “Learn #Python” Overtakes “Learn #Java”; Improve Machine Learning using how children learn - Dec 28, 2015.
"Learn #Python" Overtakes "Learn #Java" on Google Trends ; R is the fastest-growing language on StackOverflow; More #DataScience #Humor and #Cartoons; The Star Wars Social Network - who is the central character?
- Topological Data Analysis – Open Source Implementations - Nov 6, 2015.
Topological Data Analysis (TDA) is making waves in the analytics community lately, but are there open source options available?
- Morpace: Hadoop Java Design Specialist - Oct 23, 2015.
Morpace is a leading market research and consulting organization, that provides quality research and leading-edge technology to its clients. Develop and implement a new full scale system using Hadoop ecosystem.
- How to become a Data Scientist for Free - Aug 28, 2015.
Here are the most required skills for a data scientist position based on ReSkill’s analyses of thousands of job posts and free resources to learn each skill.
- Boeing: Software Engineer Java Big Data Analysis - Apr 23, 2015.
Develop code that helps to process, visualize, and analyze Big Data, including processing raw files, data standardization, integration, writing clean data to a database.
- Machine Learning Table of Elements Decoded - Mar 11, 2015.
Machine learning packages for Python, Java, Big Data, Lua/JS/Clojure, Scala, C/C++, CV/NLP, and R/Julia are represented using a cute but ill-fitting metaphor of a periodic table. We extract the useful links.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 16-17: Most Popular Coding Languages of 2015; History of Data Science across 5 strands - Feb 18, 2015.
Most Popular Coding Languages of 2015: #Python 31%, Java 20%, C++ 9.8%; History of #DataScience across 5 strands: CS, #Data, #Visualization, Math, Stats; IBM Verse new messaging software will use #Watson to declutter your inbox; Doctors store 1,600 digital #hearts for #BigData study.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 7-8: Programming languages popularity by US state; Machine Learning best practices from Kaggle competitions - Jan 9, 2015.
Programming languages popularity by US state; Why Ayasdi Topological Data Analysis Works - real data frequently is nonlinear; Learning Data Science and Predictive Modeling at Your Own Pace; Great talk: Machine Learning best practices from Kaggle competitions.
- LION Intelligent Learning and Optimization News - Nov 26, 2014.
LION intelligent learning and optimization adds full support for Java packages, new visualization neatly explains overfitting, and get "The LION way" book on Kindle (free if you qualify).
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 25-27: Recommended Tutorials for Data Scientists; How One Woman Hid Her Pregnancy from Big Data - Apr 28, 2014.
Recommended Tutorials for Data Scientists from PyCon 2014; How One Woman Hid Her Pregnancy from #BigData; MLTK: Machine Learning Toolkit in Java - free download; Deep Learning for Natural Language Processing.
- MLTK: Machine Learning Toolkit in Java – free download - Apr 27, 2014.
MLTK is a collection of machine learning algorithms in Java, supporting Generalized Linear Models: Ridge, Lasso, Elastic Net, Regression Trees, Random Forests, and more. Free download under BSD license.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 11-13: Influential Data Scientists on Twitter; Data Analytics Handbook – free download - Apr 14, 2014.
Influential Data Scientists on Twitter and what they do now; Data Analytics Handbook - Interviews with Data Scientists and CEO, free download; An Introduction to Deep Learning in Java; #BigData Salaries for Data Analysts, Data Scientists, DBAs
- Objectifi: BI/Java Developer - Feb 12, 2014.
Design and implement BI software and systems, be a key member on the Objectifi team, work directly with and learn from our Professional Services team, and actively on client engagements.