- DynamoDB vs. Cassandra: from “no idea” to “it’s a no-brainer” - Aug 23, 2018.
DynamoDB vs. Cassandra: have they got anything in common? If yes, what? If no, what are the differences? We answer these questions and examine performance of both databases.
- Updates & Upserts in Hadoop Ecosystem with Apache Kudu - Oct 27, 2017.
A new open source Apache Hadoop ecosystem project, Apache Kudu completes Hadoop's storage layer to enable fast analytics on fast data.
- Using Apache SystemML(tm) with Hortonworks Data Platform - Sep 18, 2017.
Learn how to add Apache SystemML to an existing Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) 2.6.1 cluster for Apache Spark. Users interested in Python, Scala, Spark, or Zeppelin can run Apache SystemML as described here.
- Why Apache Arrow is the future for open source-columnar memory analytics - Aug 7, 2017.
Apache Arrow is a de-facto standard for columnar in-memory analytics. In the coming years we can expect all the big data platforms adopting Apache Arrow as its columnar in-memory layer.
- Apache Big Data: top projects, people and technologies – KDnuggets Offer - Mar 23, 2017.
Apache: Big Data gathers the Apache projects, people and technologies in Big Data in Miami, May 16-18, 2017. KDnuggets readers save 20% with discount code ABDKD20.
- Apache Arrow and Apache Parquet: Why We Needed Different Projects for Columnar Data, On Disk and In-Memory - Feb 16, 2017.
Apache Parquet and Apache Arrow both focus on improving performance and efficiency of data analytics. These two projects optimize performance for on disk and in-memory processing
- Apache: Big Data Europe (Nov. 14-16) – Leading Event for Big Data Technologists - Oct 13, 2016.
Apache: Big Data Europe (Nov 14-16, Seville, Spain) will gather together the Apache projects, people and technologies working in Big Data, ubiquitous computing and data engineering and science to educate, collaborate and connect. Register by Nov 3 to save over $250!
- The Inside Scoop on Apache Sqoop - Aug 8, 2016.
Check out this webinar to learn about the best practices for using Sqoop and interoperability with JDBC data sources from relational to cloud. Register today!
- Apache Big Data, Vancouver, May 9-12, KDnuggets Discount, Early bird ends Mar 6 - Mar 4, 2016.
Apache Big Data brings together the full suite of Big Data open source projects - check the amazing lineup of keynotes and breakout sessions and save with code APBD16KDN20.
- Apache Big Data Budapest, Sep 28-30 – use code “ABDKDN25” by Sep 7 for discount - Sep 5, 2015.
New Apache: Big Data conf. is launching in Budapest Sep 28-30, gathering the top technologists - developers, architects, engineers, data scientists and more. Use code "ABDKDN25" for big discount if you register by Sep 7.
- KDnuggets Interview: Amr Awadallah, CTO & Co-founder, Cloudera on the Secret Sauce of Open Source - Jul 2, 2015.
We discuss the critical success factor for open source projects, entrepreneurial lessons, advice, desired qualities in data scientists and more.
- Why the Fast Data world needs a proven and mature In-Memory Data Fabric? - Nov 6, 2014.
The exponential growth in demand for data processing is leading to immense interest in In-Memory Computing. GridGain In-Memory Data Fabric has now been accepted into the Apache Incubator program.
- YARN is All the Rage at Hadoop Summit 2014 - Jun 12, 2014.
Apache YARN, which enables much broader types of computations than MapReduce, is quickly becoming an integral part of Hadoop projects. We review best practices considerations for a YARN cluster.
- Request: Apache UIMA Research Partnership in EU - Jun 11, 2014.
Looking for any EU university department currently working with Apache UIMA developing text analysis software, and interested in research partnership.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Part 2 of the interview with Paco Nathan - Mar 10, 2014.
We discuss about Paco's upcoming book "Just Enough Math", problems with current university curriculum around Math for Data Science and Big Data trends.