- New Computing Paradigm for AI: Processing-in-Memory (PIM) Architecture - Oct 15, 2021.
As larger deep neural networks are trained on the latest and fastest chip technologies, an important challenge remains that bottlenecks performance -- and it is not compute power. You can try to calculate a DNN as fast as possible, but there is data -- and it has to move. Data pipelines on the chip are expensive and new solutions must be developed to advance capabilities.
- Why Apache Arrow is the future for open source-columnar memory analytics - Aug 7, 2017.
Apache Arrow is a de-facto standard for columnar in-memory analytics. In the coming years we can expect all the big data platforms adopting Apache Arrow as its columnar in-memory layer.
- The HPI Future SOC Lab offers researchers free access to a powerful Big Data infrastructure - Mar 10, 2017.
The HPI Future SOC (Service-Oriented Computing) Lab is a cooperation of the Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI) and industrial partners, providing free access to a powerful Big Data & Computing infrastructure. It is now accepting project proposals for 2017.
- Apache Arrow and Apache Parquet: Why We Needed Different Projects for Columnar Data, On Disk and In-Memory - Feb 16, 2017.
Apache Parquet and Apache Arrow both focus on improving performance and efficiency of data analytics. These two projects optimize performance for on disk and in-memory processing
- SAP Predictive Analytics Interview with Sven Bauszus - May 26, 2016.
I talk with Sven Bauszus, SAP Predictive Analytics global leader, about their main products in Business and Predictive Analytics and Big Data space, analytics maturity by industry, the automation of Data Science, and "citizen" Data Scientists.
Pages: 1 2
- Spark with Tungsten Burns Brighter - May 4, 2016.
Apache Spark is one of “the hottest technology” for data science and analytics. A project called Tungsten represents a huge leap forward for Spark, particularly in the area of performance. Understand how it works, and why it improves Spark performance so much.
- Attend In-Memory Computing Summit, May 23-24, San Francisco - May 2, 2016.
This conference is the only industry-wide event of its kind, tailored to in-memory computing related technologies and solutions. The IMC Summit brings together in-memory computing visionaries, decision makers, experts and developers for the purpose of education, discussion and networking. Get 20% off with code KDN20.
- HPI Future SOC Lab offers researchers free access to a powerful Big Data & Computing infrastructure - Feb 19, 2016.
The HPI Future SOC (Service-Oriented Computing) Lab is a cooperation of the Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI) and industrial partners, providing free access to a powerful Big Data & Computing infrastructure. It is now accepting project proposals.
- Big RAM is eating big data – Size of datasets used for analytics - Nov 20, 2015.
Here we analysed the KDnuggets surveys on the largest datasets used by practitioners to find out need for the Big Data tools over the Big RAM.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Sep 8 and beyond - Sep 7, 2015.
The Future of Data Science, Ensuring Business Value from Analytics, Apache Ignite, Text Analytics, Best Practices of Data Science, Forecasting With Predictive Analytics, and more.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Aug 11 and beyond - Aug 10, 2015.
How Scale-Out and In-Memory Solve ETL, Data Mining: Failure to Launch, Harnessing the Hadoop Ecosystem, Leveraging Data for Effective Data Visualization, and more.
- Interview: Andrew Duguay, Prevedere on Economic Intelligence from Integrating Public Datasets - Jul 30, 2015.
We discuss Analytics at Prevedere Software, understanding the impact of external factors on a company’s performance, features of in-memory correlation engine and economic intelligence by Prevedere.
- In-Memory Computing Summit, San Francisco, June 29-30 - May 14, 2015.
The In-Memory Computing Summit 2015 is the first and only industry-wide event of its kind, where Fast Data meets Big Data. Get KDnuggets discount if you register by may 31.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Apr 21 and beyond - Apr 20, 2015.
Solving Big Data Challenges, Impact of User-Generated Reviews, Implementing a Better Search Experience, Maximizing ROI using Data Science, Identifying Customers Across Platforms, The Fast Data Challenge with Michael Stonebraker, and more.
- New Poll: Computing platform for your analytics, data mining, data science work or research - Mar 14, 2015.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What computing platform you use for analytics, data mining, data science work or research? Please vote.
- Interview: Rachel Hawley, SAS on the Quest for Agile Analytics - Feb 3, 2015.
We discuss Agile Analytics, moving from traditional Analytics to Agile, challenges in operationalizing Analytics, SAS Enterprise Decision Management and SAS In-Memory Statistics.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Jan 27 and beyond - Jan 26, 2015.
Tamr, Cognizant Machine and Devices, In-Memory Data Fabric, Real-Estate Analytics, RapidMiner, Analytics/Data Science Hiring Market, Platfora, TIBCO, Monetizing Big Data and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 24-25: Why So Many Data Ideas Fail: beware of building on public or others data - Nov 28, 2014.
Why So Many Data Ideas Fail: beware of building on public or others data; #BigData Top Trends in 2015: In-memory DBs, Non-Data Scientists, Sensor Data ...; Hackathon pits data scientists against social problems; Great course: Intro to Statistical Learning, with Applications in R.
- Why the Fast Data world needs a proven and mature In-Memory Data Fabric? - Nov 6, 2014.
The exponential growth in demand for data processing is leading to immense interest in In-Memory Computing. GridGain In-Memory Data Fabric has now been accepted into the Apache Incubator program.
- SiSense Crowd Accelerated BI - Apr 11, 2014.
We examine SiSense Crowd Accelerated BI - an innovative approach which paradoxically enables faster response as the number of users grows.