- Amazon Web Services Webinar: Leverage data sets to create a customer-centric strategy and improve business outcomes - Oct 14, 2021.
Register now for this webinar, Oct 28, to learn how using third-party data enhances applications to better prioritize your target customer - helping you build a more customer-centric business.
- Amazon Web Services Webinar: Boost customer satisfaction and sales with consumer insights data - Sep 14, 2021.
Join this webinar, Sep 27, to learn how to leverage external data to understand market needs and consumer behavior – helping you build a more customer-centric business.
- eBook: A Practical Guide to Using Third-Party Data in the Cloud - Sep 2, 2021.
Download this eBook to learn how innovative teams are shifting their focus from data-driven business intelligence to accelerating insight-driven decision-making and now are turning to third-party datasets as a differentiator.
- Amazon Web Services Webinar: Accelerating clinical trial and biomedical development processes with healthcare data - Aug 18, 2021.
Join this webinar on August 27 to learn how to leverage external healthcare datasets to make faster decisions with greater accuracy – accelerating biomedical development and improving patient welfare.
- Development & Testing of ETL Pipelines for AWS Locally - Aug 2, 2021.
Typically, development and testing ETL pipelines is done on real environment/clusters which is time consuming to setup & requires maintenance. This article focuses on the development and testing of ETL pipelines locally with the help of Docker & LocalStack. The solution gives flexibility to test in a local environment without setting up any services on the cloud.
- AWS Webinar: How are data-driven companies using ESG and sustainability data to make actionable decisions? - Jul 15, 2021.
In this virtual session, on Jul 29 @ 11AM PT, 2PM ET, our panel of experts will uncover how companies across several verticals use ESG data to move beyond the reporting benchmark, deepen business insights, and create competitive differentiation.
- eBook: How to use third-party data to make smarter decisions - Jul 7, 2021.
Get yourself a copy of this eBook and learn how to use third-party data to make smarter decisions.
- Using External Data to Accelerate Business in a Post-Vaccinated World - Jun 21, 2021.
Join this webinar, Jun 24, 2021, to learn how companies are developing insights to better prepare for growth opportunities, improve business performance and mitigate risk in a post-pandemic economy.
- How to speed up a Deep Learning Language model by almost 50X at half the cost - Jun 9, 2021.
In this blog post, we show how to accelerate fine-tuning the ALBERT language model while also reducing costs by using Determined’s built-in support for distributed training with AWS spot instances.
- The Most In Demand Skills for Data Engineers in 2021 - May 18, 2021.
If you are preparing to make a career in data or are looking for opportunities to skill-up in your current data-centric role, then this analysis of in-demand skills for 2021, based on over 17,000 Data Engineer job postings, should offer you a good idea as to which programming languages and software tools are increasing and decreasing in importance.
- Learn how to integrate third-party location data with AWS Data Exchange - Apr 26, 2021.
Join this webinar, May 6 @ 2PM ET, to discover how Yum! Brands and other organizations are leveraging location-based data to boost in-app location accuracy, increase in-store foot traffic, and expand ecommerce business.
- The Most In-Demand Skills for Data Scientists in 2021 - Apr 15, 2021.
If you are preparing to make a career as a Data Scientist or are looking for opportunities to skill-up in your current role, this analysis of in-demand skills for 2021, based on over 15,000 Data Scientist job postings, should offer you a good idea as to which programming languages and software tools are increasing and decreasing in importance.
- 9 Skills You Need to Become a Data Engineer - Mar 4, 2021.
A data engineer is a fast-growing profession with amazing challenges and rewards. Which skills do you need to become a data engineer? In this post, we’ll take a look at both hard and soft skills.
- Cloud Computing, Data Science and ML Trends in 2020–2022: The battle of giants - Jan 22, 2021.
Kaggle’s survey of ‘State of Data Science and Machine Learning 2020’ covers a lot of diverse topics. In this post, we are going to look at the popularity of cloud computing platforms and products among the data science and ML professionals participated in the survey.
- Kubernetes vs. Amazon ECS for Data Scientists - Nov 19, 2020.
In this article, we’ll look at two container management solutions — Kubernetes and Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS) — from a perspective that makes sense for aspiring and current data scientists.
- How to Acquire the Most Wanted Data Science Skills - Nov 13, 2020.
We recently surveyed KDnuggets readers to determine the "most wanted" data science skills. Since they seem to be those most in demand from practitioners, here is a collection of resources for getting started with this learning.
- Deploying Secure and Scalable Streamlit Apps on AWS with Docker Swarm, Traefik and Keycloak - Oct 23, 2020.
If you are a data scientist who just wants to get the work done but doesn’t necessarily want to go down the DevOps rabbit hole, this tutorial offers a relatively straightforward deployment solution leveraging Docker Swarm and Traefik, with an option of adding user authentication with Keycloak.
- Unifying Data Pipelines and Machine Learning with Apache Spark™ and Amazon SageMaker - Aug 25, 2020.
Roll up your sleeves and charge up because you’re invited to an interactive, virtual Machine Learning workshop run by Amazon Web Services, Databricks, and Immuta on September 10.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n26, Jul 8: Speed up Your Numpy and Pandas; A Layman’s Guide to Data Science; Getting Started with TensorFlow 2 - Jul 8, 2020.
Speed up your Numpy and Pandas with NumExpr Package; A Layman's Guide to Data Science. Part 3: Data Science Workflow; Getting Started with TensorFlow 2; Feature Engineering in SQL and Python: A Hybrid Approach; Deploy Machine Learning Pipeline on AWS Fargate
- Deploy Machine Learning Pipeline on AWS Fargate - Jul 3, 2020.
A step-by-step beginner’s guide to containerize and deploy ML pipeline serverless on AWS Fargate.
- Build Dog Breeds Classifier Step By Step with AWS Sagemaker - Jun 17, 2020.
This post takes you through the basic steps for creating a cloud-based deep learning dog classifier, with everything accomplished from the AWS Management Console.
- Deploying a pretrained GPT-2 model on AWS - Dec 12, 2019.
This post attempts to summarize my recent detour into NLP, describing how I exposed a Huggingface pre-trained Language Model (LM) on an AWS-based web application.
- Why do we need AWS SageMaker? - Jun 26, 2019.
Today, there are several platforms available in the industry that aid software developers, data scientists as well as a layman in developing and deploying machine learning models within no time.
- Understanding Cloud Data Services - Jun 24, 2019.
Ready to move your systems to a cloud vendor or just learning more about big data services? This overview will help you understand big data system architectures, components, and offerings with an end-to-end taxonomy of what is available from the big three cloud providers.
- Rapidly Build and Run Apache Spark Applications in the Cloud with StreamAnalytix on AWS Marketplace - Mar 1, 2019.
StreamAnalytix is an Apache Spark based big data analytics and machine learning platform. It offers an intuitive visual development environment to rapidly build and operationalize batch + streaming applications, across industries, data formats, and use cases.
- ModelOps – Get it done. 3 Day Webinar Mini-Series - Feb 15, 2019.
Join us for an educational series ModelOps - Get it done. Learn how a combination of technology and processes can help solve modelOps.
- A Machine Learning Deep Dive [Webinar, Dec 13] - Dec 11, 2018.
Learn how ShopRunner uses Databricks on AWS and Snowflake to tackle data science problems across personalization, recommendations, targeting, and analysis of text and images.
- How to Put Active Learning to Work for Your Enterprise - Sep 17, 2018.
In this eBook from Figure Eight and AWS you'll learn what active learning is and how it works, the areas in which active learning can be particularly effective, and how active learning iteratively improves your model.
- DynamoDB vs. Cassandra: from “no idea” to “it’s a no-brainer” - Aug 23, 2018.
DynamoDB vs. Cassandra: have they got anything in common? If yes, what? If no, what are the differences? We answer these questions and examine performance of both databases.
- IoT on AWS: Machine Learning Models and Dashboards from Sensor Data - Jun 15, 2018.
I developed my first IoT project using my notebook as an IoT device and AWS IoT as infrastructure, with this "simple" idea: collect CPU Temperature from my Notebook running on Ubuntu, send to Amazon AWS IoT, save data, make it available for Machine Learning models and dashboards.
- Modernize your data infrastructure with Looker + AWS - Apr 25, 2018.
Learn how you can improve performance and optimize resources using Looker + AWS and Amazon Redshift with Looker extensive pre-built analytics models for AWS data. As a bonus, we will give 1K credit towards AWS data warehouse.
- Get a headstart with Looker and 1K credits for your AWS data warehouse - Apr 11, 2018.
Looker partnered with AWS to offer, for a limited time, a free trial of Looker with a bonus of $1,000 credits towards your AWS data warehouse.
- Get a headstart with Looker – and $1,000 credits towards your AWS data warehouse - Apr 2, 2018.
Looker has partnered with AWS to offer, for a limited time, a free trial of Looker with a bonus of $1,000 credits towards your AWS data warehouse.
- Benchmarking Big Data SQL Platforms in the Cloud - Sep 21, 2017.
TPC-DS benchmarks demonstrate Databricks Runtime 3.0's superior performance. Sign-up for a Databricks account to get fastest performance.
- 3 Levers for Getting the Most Out of Amazon Redshift and AWS, Aug 29 - Aug 22, 2017.
Learn how to optimize your Amazon Redshift instance, critical metrics for smart investments in cloud infrastructure, and best practices to scale your AWS investment.
- An Introduction to the MXNet Python API - May 26, 2017.
This post outlines an entire 6-part tutorial series on the MXNet deep learning library and its Python API. In-depth and descriptive, this is a great guide for anyone looking to start leveraging this powerful neural network library.
- First Deep Learning for coders MOOC launched by Jeremy Howard - Dec 21, 2016.
Leading Data Scientist and entrepreneur Jeremy Howard launches a free Deep Learning course that shows end-to-end how to get state of the art results, including a top place in a Kaggle competition.
- Does More Data Make Your System Smarter? Ontotext Webinars, June 23, July 7 - Jun 20, 2016.
Jun 23 webinar shows how pouring more data to your system can actually make it smarter. July webinar shows how to quickly prototype with Ontotext Dynamic Semantic Publishing platform on AWS, using your own content.
- Cloud Computing Key Terms, Explained - Jun 9, 2016.
A concise overview of 20 core cloud computing ecosystem concepts. The focus here is on the terminology, not The Big Picture.
Pages: 1 2
- Hitchhikers Guide to Azure Machine Learning Studio - Jan 15, 2016.
Learn Azure ML Studio through this brief hands-on tutorial. This step-by-step guide will help you get a quick-start and grasp the basics of this Predictive Modeling tool.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
- Spark Summit 2015 San Francisco – Day 2 Keynote Highlights - Jun 19, 2015.
Highlights from keynote speeches delivered by various eminent big data technology leaders from industry and academia at Spark Summit 2015 Conference held in San Francisco.
- Hadoop as a Service: 18 Cloud Options - Apr 2, 2015.
Hadoop as a service in the cloud makes big data applications and projects easier to approach and these 18 platforms each provide their own unique solutions.
- KDnuggets Exclusive: Marten Mickos, SVP, HP on Why the Future Belongs to “Hybrid Clouds” - Nov 13, 2014.
In an exclusive interview with KDnuggets, Marten talks about the future of Eucalyptus (recently acquired by HP), defines Hybrid Clouds and their importance, and gives some tips for vendor selection.
- Spotlight: RapidMiner New Predictive Analytics Platform-as-a-Service - May 7, 2014.
We examine the newly announced RapidMiner Platform-as-a-Service, installed on AWS and managed by RapidMiner experts.