- KDnuggets™ News 21:n14, Apr 14: A/B Testing: Common Questions and Answers in Data Science Interviews; Interpretable Machine Learning: The Free eBook - Apr 14, 2021.
Common Questions and Answers on A/B testing in Data Science Interviews; Interpretable Machine Learning: The Free eBook; Why machine learning struggles with causality; Deep Learning Recommendation Models: A Deep Dive; and more.
- Interpretable Machine Learning: The Free eBook - Apr 9, 2021.
Interested in learning more about interpretability in machine learning? Check out this free eBook to learn about the basics, simple interpretable models, and strategies for interpreting more complex black box models.
- Approaching (Almost) Any Machine Learning Problem - Feb 18, 2021.
This freely-available book is a fantastic walkthrough of practical approaches to machine learning problems.
- Graph Representation Learning: The Free eBook - Jan 19, 2021.
This free eBook can show you what you need to know to leverage graph representation in data science, machine learning, and neural network models.
- 15 Free Data Science, Machine Learning & Statistics eBooks for 2021 - Dec 31, 2020.
We present a curated list of 15 free eBooks compiled in a single location to close out the year.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n47, Dec 16: A Rising Library Beating Pandas in Performance; R or Python? Why Not Both? - Dec 16, 2020.
Also: 10 Python Skills They Don't Teach in Bootcamp; Data Science Volunteering: Ways to Help; A Journey from Software to Machine Learning Engineer; Data Science and Machine Learning: The Free eBook
- Data Science and Machine Learning: The Free eBook - Dec 15, 2020.
Check out the newest addition to our free eBook collection, Data Science and Machine Learning: Mathematical and Statistical Methods, and start building your statistical learning foundation today.
- 5 Free Books to Learn Statistics for Data Science - Dec 8, 2020.
Learn all the statistics you need for data science for free.
- Dark Data: Why What You Don’t Know Matters - Dec 7, 2020.
In his latest book, a leading statistician Dr. David Hand explores how we can be blind to missing or unseen data and how, in our rush to be a data-driven society, we might be missing things that matter, leading to dangerous decisions that can sometimes have disastrous consequences. Download this free chapter now.
- Top 5 Free Machine Learning and Deep Learning eBooks Everyone should read - Nov 5, 2020.
There is always so much new to learn in machine learning, and keeping well grounded in the fundamentals will help you stay up-to-date with the latest advancements while acing your career in Data Science.
- Behavior Analysis with Machine Learning and R: The free eBook - Oct 22, 2020.
Check out this new free ebook to learn how to leverage the power of machine learning to analyze behavioral patterns from sensor data and electronic records using R.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n40, Oct 21: fastcore: An Underrated Python Library; Goodhart’s Law for Data Science: what happens when a measure becomes a target? - Oct 21, 2020.
fastcore: An Underrated Python Library; Goodhart's Law for Data Science and what happens when a measure becomes a target?; Text Mining with R: The Free eBook; Free From MIT: Intro to Computational Thinking and Data Science; How to ace the data science coding challenge
- Text Mining with R: The Free eBook - Oct 15, 2020.
This freely-available book will show you how to perform text analytics in R, using packages from the tidyverse.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n38, Oct 7: 10 Essential Skills You Need to Know to Start Doing Data Science; The Best Free Data Science eBooks: 2020 Update - Oct 7, 2020.
Also: Comparing the Top Business Intelligence Tools: Power BI vs Tableau vs Qlik vs Domo; 5 Concepts Every Data Scientist Should Know; Understanding Transformers, the Data Science Way; 10 Best Machine Learning Courses in 2020
- The Best Free Data Science eBooks: 2020 Update - Sep 30, 2020.
The author has updated their list of best free data science books for 2020. Read on to see what books you should grab.
- Causal Inference: The Free eBook - Sep 25, 2020.
Here's another free eBook for those looking to up their skills. If you are seeking a resource that exhaustively treats the topic of causal inference, this book has you covered.
- Machine Learning from Scratch: Free Online Textbook - Sep 22, 2020.
If you are looking for a machine learning starter that gets right to the core of the concepts and the implementation, then this new free textbook will help you dive in to ML engineering with ease. By focusing on the basics of the underlying algorithms, you will be quickly up and running with code you construct yourself.
- Statistics with Julia: The Free eBook - Sep 14, 2020.
This free eBook is a draft copy of the upcoming Statistics with Julia: Fundamentals for Data Science, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence. Interested in learning Julia for data science? This might be the best intro out there.
- Data Mining and Machine Learning: Fundamental Concepts and Algorithms: The Free eBook - Jul 21, 2020.
The second edition of Data Mining and Machine Learning: Fundamental Concepts and Algorithms is available to read freely online, and includes a new part on regression with chapters on linear regression, logistic regression, neural networks, deep learning and regression assessment.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n27, Jul 15: Great explanation of Calculus, the Key to Deep Learning; 8 data-driven reasons to learn Python - Jul 15, 2020.
We bring you free MIT courses on Calculus, which is the key to understanding Deep Learning - check this amazing explanation of an integral and dx; 8 data-driven reasons to learn Python; How to get and analyze Financial data with Python; Free ebook: The Foundations of Data Science and more.
- Foundations of Data Science: The Free eBook - Jul 13, 2020.
As has become tradition on KDnuggets, let's start a new week with a new eBook. This time we check out a survey style text with a variety of topics, Foundations of Data Science.
- Free MIT Courses on Calculus: The Key to Understanding Deep Learning - Jul 8, 2020.
Calculus is the key to fully understanding how neural networks function. Go beyond a surface understanding of this mathematics discipline with these free course materials from MIT.
- PyTorch for Deep Learning: The Free eBook - Jul 7, 2020.
For this week's free eBook, check out the newly released Deep Learning with PyTorch from Manning, made freely available via PyTorch's website for a limited time. Grab it now!
- An Introduction to Statistical Learning: The Free eBook - Jun 29, 2020.
This week's free eBook is a classic of data science, An Introduction to Statistical Learning, with Applications in R. If interested in picking up elementary statistical learning concepts, and learning how to implement them in R, this book is for you.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n24, Jun 17: Easy Speech-to-Text with Python; Data Distributions Overview; Java for Data Scientists - Jun 17, 2020.
Also: Deploy a Machine Learning Pipeline to the Cloud Using a Docker Container; Five Cognitive Biases In Data Science (And how to avoid them); Understanding Machine Learning: The Free eBook; Simplified Mixed Feature Type Preprocessing in Scikit-Learn with Pipelines; A Complete guide to Google Colab for Deep Learning
- Understanding Machine Learning: The Free eBook - Jun 15, 2020.
Time to get back to basics. This week we have a look at a book on foundational machine learning concepts, Understanding Machine Learning: From Theory to Algorithms.
- Natural Language Processing with Python: The Free eBook - Jun 8, 2020.
This free eBook is an introduction to natural language processing, and to NLTK, one of the most prevalent Python NLP libraries.
- Deep Learning for Coders with fastai and PyTorch: The Free eBook - Jun 1, 2020.
If you are interested in a top-down, example-driven book on deep learning, check out the draft of the upcoming Deep Learning for Coders with fastai & PyTorch from fast.ai team.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n21, May 27: The Best NLP with Deep Learning Course is Free; Your First Machine Learning Web App - May 27, 2020.
Also: Python For Everybody: The Free eBook; Complex logic at breakneck speed: Try Julia for data science; An easy guide to choose the right Machine Learning algorithm; Dataset Splitting Best Practices in Python; Appropriately Handling Missing Values for Statistical Modelling and Prediction
- Python For Everybody: The Free eBook - May 25, 2020.
Get back to fundamentals with this free eBook, Python For Everybody, approaching the learning of programming from a data analysis perspective.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n20, May 20: I Designed My Own ML and AI Degree; Automated Machine Learning: The Free eBook - May 20, 2020.
How to design your own AI & ML degree; Automated ML: The free ebook; Coding habits for data scientists; Cartoon: The Worst Telemedicine? Math for Programmers; and more.
- Automated Machine Learning: The Free eBook - May 18, 2020.
There is a lot to learn about automated machine learning theory and practice. This free eBook can get you started the right way.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n19, May 13: Start Your Machine Learning Career in Quarantine; Will Machine Learning Engineers Exist in 10 Years? - May 13, 2020.
Also: The Elements of Statistical Learning: The Free eBook; Explaining "Blackbox" Machine Learning Models: Practical Application of SHAP; What You Need to Know About Deep Reinforcement Learning; 5 Concepts You Should Know About Gradient Descent and Cost Function; Hyperparameter Optimization for Machine Learning Models
- The Elements of Statistical Learning: The Free eBook - May 11, 2020.
Check out this free ebook covering the elements of statistical learning, appropriately titled "The Elements of Statistical Learning."
- Deep Learning: The Free eBook - May 4, 2020.
"Deep Learning" is the quintessential book for understanding deep learning theory, and you can still read it freely online.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n17, Apr 29: The Super Duper NLP Repo; Free Machine Learning & Data Science Books & Courses for Quarantine - Apr 29, 2020.
Also: Should Data Scientists Model COVID19 and other Biological Events; Learning during a crisis (Data Science 90-day learning challenge); Data Transformation: Standardization vs Normalization; DBSCAN Clustering Algorithm in Machine Learning; Find Your Perfect Fit: A Quick Guide for Job Roles in the Data World
- A Concise Course in Statistical Inference: The Free eBook - Apr 27, 2020.
Check out this freely available book, All of Statistics: A Concise Course in Statistical Inference, and learn the probability and statistics needed for success in data science.
- Free High-Quality Machine Learning & Data Science Books & Courses: Quarantine Edition - Apr 22, 2020.
If you find yourself quarantined and looking for free learning materials in the way of books and courses to sharpen your data science and machine learning skills, this collection of articles I have previously written curating such things is for you.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n16, Apr 22: Scaling Pandas with Dask for Big Data; Dive Into Deep Learning: The Free eBook - Apr 22, 2020.
4 Steps to ensure your AI/Machine Learning system survives COVID-19; State of the Machine Learning and AI Industry; A Key Missing Part of the Machine Learning Stack; 5 Papers on CNNs Every Data Scientist Should Read
- Dive Into Deep Learning: The Free eBook - Apr 16, 2020.
This freely available text on deep learning is fully interactive and incredibly thorough. Check out "Dive Into Deep Learning" now and increase your neural networks theoretical understanding and practical implementation skills.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n14, Apr 8: Free Mathematics for Machine Learning eBook; Epidemiology Courses for Data Scientists - Apr 8, 2020.
Stop Hurting Your Pandas!; Python for data analysis... is it really that simple?!?; Introducing MIDAS: A New Baseline for Anomaly Detection in Graphs; Build an app to generate photorealistic faces using TensorFlow and Streamlit; 5 Ways Data Scientists Can Help Respond to COVID-19 and 5 Actions to Avoid
- Mathematics for Machine Learning: The Free eBook - Apr 6, 2020.
Check out this free ebook covering the fundamentals of mathematics for machine learning, as well as its companion website of exercises and Jupyter notebooks.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n12, Mar 25: 24 Best (and Free) Books To Understand Machine Learning; Coronavirus Daily Change and Poll Analysis; 9 lessons learned during 1st year as a Data Scientist - Mar 25, 2020.
Read our analysis of coronavirus data and poll results; Use your time indoors to learn with 24 best and free books to understand Machine Learning; Study the 9 important lessons from the first year as a Data Scientist; Understand the SVM, a top ML algorithm; check a comprehensive list of AI resources for online learning; and more.
- 24 Best (and Free) Books To Understand Machine Learning - Mar 20, 2020.
We have compiled a list of some of the best (and free) machine learning books that will prove helpful for everyone aspiring to build a career in the field.
- 50 Must-Read Free Books For Every Data Scientist in 2020 - Mar 9, 2020.
In this article, we are listing down some excellent data science books which cover the wide variety of topics under Data Science.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n42, Nov 6: 5 Statistical Traps Data Scientists Should Avoid; 10 Free Must-Read Books on AI - Nov 6, 2019.
Learn about statistical fallacies Data Scientists should avoid; New and quite amazing Deep Learning capabilities FB has been quietly open-sourcing; Top Machine Learning tools for Developers; How to build a Neural Network from scratch and more.
- 10 Free Must-read Books on AI - Nov 5, 2019.
Artificial Intelligence continues to fill the media headlines while scientists and engineers rapidly expand its capabilities and applications. With such explosive growth in the field, there is a great deal to learn. Dive into these 10 free books that are must-reads to support your AI study and work.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 20-26: 10 More Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning and Data Science - Mar 27, 2019.
Also - 7 Steps to Mastering Basic Machine Learning with Python - 2019 Edition; 10 Free Must-See Courses for Machine Learning and Data Science; How to Train a Keras Model 20x Faster with a TPU for Free.
- Download your DATAx guide to AI in healthcare - Mar 11, 2019.
AI is expected to contribute $150bn value to business by 2026. How can AI succeed in your industry? Do you know how to set an ambitious AI vision within your organization? Download your free ebook to find these solutions.
- Another 10 Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning and Data Science - Mar 6, 2019.
Here's a third set of 10 free books for machine learning and data science. Have a look to see if something catches your eye, and don't forget to check the previous installments for reading material while you're here.
- Free eBook: Practical Data Science Cookbook – Second Edition - Feb 12, 2019.
Starting with the basics, this free eBook covers how to set up your numerical programming environment, introduces you to the data science pipeline, and guides you through several data projects in a step-by-step format.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 02-08: 10 Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning and Data Science - Jan 9, 2019.
Also: Papers with Code: A Fantastic GitHub Resource; Most Recommended #DataScience and #MachineLearning Books by Top MS programs;10 More Free Must-Read Books for ML and DS
- Exploring the Data Jungle Free eBook - Dec 18, 2018.
This free eBook by Brian Godsey will provide you with real-world examples in Python, R, and other languages suitable for data science.
- Free ebook: Exploring Data with Python - Nov 29, 2018.
This free eBook starts building your foundation in data science processes with practical Python tips and techniques for working and aspiring data scientists.
- [ebook] Manipulating Data in Apache Spark - Oct 29, 2018.
In this ebook from Databricks, learn how DataFrames leverage the power of distributed processing through Spark, how to make big data processing easier for a wider audience, and more.
- Get Packt Skill Up Developer Skills Report - Jun 19, 2018.
Find the top tools for 4 distinct industries, learn what do developers in different sectors say is the next big thing, and more. Also get any Packt book or video for just $10.
- Build an Anomaly Detection Project [Free Guidebook] - Jun 14, 2018.
Learn how to find value and insight in outliers in the latest anomaly detection guidebook by Dataiku, which includes use cases, and step-by-step guidance (including code samples) to starting an anomaly detection project.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n22, Jun 6: 10 More Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning and Data Science; Beginner Guide to Data Science Pipeline - Jun 6, 2018.
Summer. Time to sit back and unwind. Or get your hands on some free machine learning and data science books and learn! Here is a great selection to get started.
- 10 More Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning and Data Science - May 28, 2018.
Summer, summer, summertime. Time to sit back and unwind. Or get your hands on some free machine learning and data science books and get your learn on. Check out this selection to get you started.
- 7 Useful Suggestions from Andrew Ng “Machine Learning Yearning” - May 8, 2018.
Machine Learning Yearning is a book by AI and Deep Learning guru Andrew Ng, focusing on how to make machine learning algorithms work and how to structure machine learning projects. Here we present 7 very useful suggestions from the book.
- Top 8 Free Must-Read Books on Deep Learning - Apr 10, 2018.
Deep Learning is the newest trend coming out of Machine Learning, but what exactly is it? And how do I learn more? With that in mind, here's a list of 8 free books on deep learning.
- The LION WAY, v. 3.0: Machine Learning plus Intelligent Optimization – Free Download - Jan 16, 2018.
This newly revised book presents two topics which are in most cases separated: machine learning (the design of flexible models from data) and intelligent optimization (the automated creation and selection of improving solutions). Free download!
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 27 – Jan 02: 10 Free Must-Read Books for #MachineLearning and #DataScience - Jan 3, 2018.
Also #TensorFlow: A proposal of good practices for files, folders and models; Creating REST API for #TensorFlow models; The Most Popular Language For #MachineLearning and #DataScience Is ...
- Chatbots Gone Wild - Dec 4, 2017.
How do you build a chatbot your customers will actually want to talk to? At CrowdFlower, we’ve seen the data and the projects that do just that. And we’d like to share what we’ve learned in this free eBook.
- [eBook] A Gentle Introduction to Apache Spark(tm) - Nov 21, 2017.
If you are a developer or data scientist interested in big data, Spark is the tool for you. Download this ebook to learn why Spark is a popular choice for data analytics, what tools and features are available, and much more.
- NVIDIA DGX Systems – Deep Learning Software Whitepaper - Nov 20, 2017.
Download this whitepaper from NVIDIA DGX Systems, and gain insight into the engineering expertise and innovation found in pre-optimized deep learning frameworks available only on NVIDIA DGX Systems and learn how to dramatically reduce your engineering costs using today’s most popular frameworks.
- Your guide to predictive analytics in media and entertainment - Nov 13, 2017.
Download your free guide to predictive analytics in media and entertainment for a look at the landscape and use cases, from Dataiku.
- Recommendation Engines and Real-time personalization – download guidebook - Oct 26, 2017.
Recommendation engines are effective because they expose users to content they may not have otherwise found. For a step-by-step guide on building an effective recommendation engine from the ground up, check out our latest guidebook.
- Data Scientist Guide to Apache Spark - Oct 20, 2017.
Learn how data scientists can leverage Spark for advanced analytics with The Data Scientist’s Guide to Apache Spark, from Databricks!
- Download NVIDIA DGX Systems eBook - Oct 17, 2017.
In this eBook, you will learn how NVIDIA DGX Systems offer the fastest path to AI and deep learning, how to spend more time focused on experimentation and less time wrestling with IT, and using DGX Systems include access to NVIDIA-optimized deep learning frameworks.
- Spark – The Definitive Guide – exclusive preview - Sep 25, 2017.
Get an exclusive preview of "Spark: The Definitive Guide" from Databricks! Learn how Spark runs on a cluster, see examples in SQL, Python and Scala, Learn about Structured Streaming and Machine Learning and more.
- The Ultimate Guide to Basic Data Cleaning - Aug 24, 2017.
Data cleaning can seem intimidating, but it’s not hard if you know the basic steps. That’s why we’re excited to announce our newest ebook, “The Ultimate Guide to Basic Data Cleaning”!
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 12-18: 10 Free #MustRead Books for #MachineLearning and #DataScience; Why #AI and Machine Learning? - Jul 19, 2017.
Also top 32 Reasons #DataScience Projects and Teams Fail; Text Classifier Algorithms in #MachineLearning; The 4 Types of #Data #Analytics: Descriptive, Diagnostic ...
- Free Guidebook: Build a Complete Predictive Maintenance Strategy - Jul 18, 2017.
Learn how predictive maintenance differs from and better than traditional one; Use cases and potential data sources; and next steps for getting started.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 05-11: 10 Free Must-Read Books for #MachineLearning and #DataScience; Why AI and Machine Learning? - Jul 12, 2017.
Also great overview: Unintuitive properties of #NeuralNetworks; #Apache #Flink vs #Spark: The Strange Loop in #DeepLearning - the coolest idea in #MachineLearning in 20 yrs;
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 19-25: 10 Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning and Data Science - Apr 26, 2017.
Also Practical #DeepLearning For Coders-18 hours of free lessons; Different views of #Machinelearning #cartoon #humor; Scikit-learn #MachineLearning classification algorithms.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 12-18: 10 Free Must-Read Books for #MachineLearning and #DataScience - Apr 19, 2017.
Also Modern NLP in Python, or What you can learn about food by analyzing a million Yelp reviews; The Periodic Table of #DataScience; What is #Blockchain Technology?
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 05-11: 10 Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning, Data Science; Making beautiful data visualizations in Python, matplotlib - Apr 12, 2017.
10 Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning and Data Science; How to make beautiful data visualizations in Python with matplotlib; #DeepLearning in 7 lines of code; Data Science of Variable Selection: A Review.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n14, Apr 12: Free Machine Learning & Data Science Books; Top Machine Learning & Deep Learning Papers - Apr 12, 2017.
10 Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning and Data Science; Top 20 Recent Research Papers on Machine Learning and Deep Learning; New Poll: What data types you analyzed?; The 42 V's of Big Data and Data Science; A Brief History of Artificial Intelligence
- 10 Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning and Data Science - Apr 10, 2017.
Spring. Rejuvenation. Rebirth. Everything’s blooming. And, of course, people want free ebooks. With that in mind, here's a list of 10 free machine learning and data science titles to get your spring reading started right.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 29 – Apr 04: Free Must-Read Books for #MachineLearning; #Apache Slug, new #BigData project - Apr 5, 2017.
Also Self-driving talent is fleeing Google and Uber to catch the autonomous-driving; Using Docker, CoreOS For #GPU Based #DeepLearning; A Short Guide to Navigating the Jupyter Ecosystem.
- Breaking Data Science Open: How Open Data Science is Eating the World - Mar 17, 2017.
Grab this free book on Open Data Science, a movement that makes the open source tools of data science—data, analytics and computation—work together as a connected ecosystem.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n10, Mar 15: Becoming a Data Science Unicorn; What Makes a Good Data Visualization? - Mar 15, 2017.
6 Business Concepts you need to become a Data Science Unicorn; What Makes a Good Data Visualization?; Best Data Science Courses from Udemy (only $19 till Mar 31); K-Means & Other Clustering Algorithms: A Quick Intro with Python; Free Online Data Science & Big Data Books
- Free Online Books Explaining Big Data, Machine Learning, Blockchain and More - Mar 10, 2017.
It has been a challenge to keep up-to-date with new concepts from NoSQL, to machine learning, to Internet of things and blockchain, but Little Bee Books is here with free solutions to helping you do so.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 04-10: Cartoon: When Self-Driving Car takes you too far; A massive collection of free programming books - Jan 11, 2017.
Also AI #DataScience #MachineLearning: Main Developments 2016, Key Trends 2017; Scikit-Learn Cheat Sheet: #Python #MachineLearning
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 30 – Dec 06: A great and useful collection of minimal and clean implementations of #MachineLearning algorithms - Dec 7, 2016.
Also: #MachineLearning Yearning book draft, Free Download, by Andrew Ng; A short guide to learn #NeuralNets, and maybe get famous and rich with #DeepLearning; Free Book: Foundations of Computer Science, Aho & Ullman.
- Free ebooks: Machine Learning with Python and Practical Data Analysis - Dec 5, 2016.
Two free ebooks: "Building Machine Learning Systems with Python" and "Practical Data Analysis" will give your skills a boost and make a great start in the New Year.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n38, Oct 26: Free Machine Learning EBooks; Neural Networks in Python with Scikit-learn - Oct 26, 2016.
5 EBooks to Read Before Getting into A Machine Learning Career; A Beginner's Guide to Neural Networks with Python and Scikit-learn 0.18!; New Poll: What was the largest dataset you analyzed / data mined?; Jupyter Notebook Best Practices for Data Science
- 5 EBooks to Read Before Getting into A Machine Learning Career - Oct 21, 2016.
A carefully-curated list of 5 free ebooks to help you better understand the various aspects of what machine learning, and skills necessary for a career in the field.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 12-18: #DeepLearning Key Terms, Explained; Free Foundations of #DataScience text PDF - Oct 20, 2016.
#DeepLearning Key Terms, Explained; Free Foundations of #DataScience text PDF; Top 12 Interesting Careers to Explore in #BigData; #ICYMI The 10 Algorithms #MachineLearning Engineers Need to Know
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 10-16: 5 EBooks to Read Before Getting into a #DataScience or #BigData Career - Aug 17, 2016.
5 EBooks to Read Before Getting into a #DataScience or #BigData Career; Visualizing 1 Billion Points of #Data Webinar; #Cartoon: Make Data Great Again!; The role of the activation function in a #NeuralNetwork
- 5 EBooks to Read Before Getting into A Data Science or Big Data Career - Aug 11, 2016.
A short, carefully-curated list of 5 free ebooks to help you better understand what Data Science is all about and how you can best prepare for a career in data science, big data, and data analysis.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, June: Microsoft Videos, Machine Learning Training Pathway, Free Books! - Jul 5, 2016.
Microsoft Research Machine Learning Videos; Free Machine Learning Training Pathway; Andrew Ng's New Book; Coursera Removing Free Online Courses; Free Books!
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n22, Jun 22: Data Science Blog Contest; Free Machine Learning Ebook; Master SQL for Data Science - Jun 22, 2016.
Data Science Blog Contest; New Free Andrew Ng Machine Learning Book Under Construction; 7 Steps to Mastering SQL for Data Science; A Visual Explanation of the Back Propagation Algorithm; Mining Twitter Data with Python Part 1: Collecting Data
- New Andrew Ng Machine Learning Book Under Construction, Free Draft Chapters - Jun 20, 2016.
Check out the details on Andrew Ng's new book on building machine learning systems, and find out how to get your free copy of draft chapters as they are written.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 25-31: 19 Free eBooks to learn #programming with #Python; Awesome collection of public datasets on Github - Jun 1, 2016.
Introducing Hybrid lda2vec Algorithm via Stitch Fix; #DeepLearning and Deep #Gaussian Processes - explainer; Awesome collection of public #datasets on Github; #DataScience foundations: 19 Free eBooks to learn #programming with #Python.
- Free eBook: Healthcare Social Media Analytics and Marketing - May 27, 2016.
Get your free copy of a new ebook outlining social media marketing and analytics strategies (including code) for healthcare professionals.
- Ten Signs of Data Science Maturity – free O’Reilly ebook - May 6, 2016.
Two leading data scientists at the consulting firm Booz Allen Hamilton describe ten characteristics of a mature data science capability.
- Weekend Reading List: Free eBooks and Other Online Resources - Apr 16, 2016.
Do you have free time for reading this weekend? Here are a few new (or refreshed) selections of varying length for your leisure, along with a pair of papers, one cutting edge, and one classic.
- New Deep Learning Book Finished, Finalized Online Version Available - Apr 12, 2016.
What will likely become known as the seminal book on deep learning is finally finished, with the online version finalized and freely-accessible to all those interested in mastering deep neural networks.
- Top 10 Essential Books for the Data Enthusiast - Apr 1, 2016.
A unique top 10 list of book recommendations, for each of 10 categories this list provides a top paid and top free book recommendation. If you're interested in books on data, this diverse list of top picks should be right up your alley.
Pages: 1 2
- Netflix Prize Analyzed: Movie Ratings and Recommender Systems - Mar 18, 2016.
A 195-page monograph by a top-1% Netflix Prize contestant. Learn about the famous machine learning competition. Improve your machine learning skills. Learn how to build recommender systems.
- Free Book Download: Statistical Learning with Sparsity: The Lasso and Generalizations - Jan 6, 2016.
We witness an explosion of Big Data in finance, biology, medicine, marketing, and other fields. This book describes the important statistical ideas for learning from large and sparse data in a common conceptual framework.
- Lavastorm – 5 Tips to Get More From Tableau - Oct 20, 2015.
Tableau makes it easy for users to see the data, but data preparation for it is hard. This free ebook highlights how to overcome Tableau challenges with data access, data blending, advanced analytics, transparency and reusability.
- Dell: The Great Analytics Migration – free e-book - Oct 15, 2015.
If you want to switch to an analytics platform with more functionality and less cost, how to manage all the people, processes and technologies involved? We just wrote the e-book on it - after we moved hundreds of our employees to a new analytics solution.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n30, Sep 16: 60+ Free Books on Big Data, Data Science; Analytics Jobs Length; Salary by Role - Sep 16, 2015.
60+ Free Books on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, ML; Top 20 Data Science MOOCs; Data Scientists don't stay long in their jobs; Salaries by Roles in Data Science and BI.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 1-7: 60+ Free books on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Python, R - Sep 8, 2015.
The one language a Data Scientist must master (it is not R, Python or SQL); 60+ Free #ebooks on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning; Commonly Misunderstood #Analytics Terms.
- 60+ Free Books on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Python, R, and more - Sep 4, 2015.
Here is a great collection of eBooks written on the topics of Data Science, Business Analytics, Data Mining, Big Data, Machine Learning, Algorithms, Data Science Tools, and Programming Languages for Data Science.
- Predictive Policing – Free Book - Jul 15, 2015.
This free book is an easy to digest introduction to the world of predictive analytics and Big Data. The book is written from a policing perspective and shows interesting views in how the power of the police force can be increased by focusing on predictive policing.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 30 – Jul 06: Click Testing Proved that Beards Are Still A Thing; 16 Free #DataScience Books - Jul 12, 2015.
How Screenshot Click Testing Proved that Beards Are Still A Thing; 16 Free #DataScience Books; How to avoid #Overfitting using #Regularization; #DataScience must read: quick puzzle tests your problem solving.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, June: Neural Network Generated Images, Free Data Science Books, Super Mario World - Jul 2, 2015.
Generating images with neural networks, free data science books, machine learning for playing Mario, implementing neural networks in Python, and video generation based on terms were all covered this month on /r/MachineLearning.
- Model-Based Machine Learning, Free Early Book Draft - Jun 22, 2015.
Are you a newbie to machine Learning? Here's a fresh new perspective to learning it. It's called "Model-based machine Learning". It makes the process of creating effective machine learning solutions much more systematic for any newcomer!
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 2-8: Starting salaries for #DataScientists have gone north of $200,000 - Jun 9, 2015.
Starting salaries for #DataScientists have gone north of $200K; Top 20 #Python #MachineLearning #OpenSource Projects; Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft); #Airbnb announces #Aerosolve, an #OpenSource #MachineLearning #software package.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, May: Unreasonable Effectiveness of Recurrent Neural Networks, Time-Lapse Mining - Jun 1, 2015.
The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Recurrent Neural Networks, Time-lapse mining from Net photos, Deep Learning Textbook Part I, Kaggle R Tutorial, and Free Machine Learning ebooks.
- Simplilearn: Big Data, Analytics online courses discount, Free ebook - May 21, 2015.
The role of a Data Scientist is ever evolving and a candidate with up-to-date skills will be preferred over their peers across industries. Learn SAS, Hadoop, R, Big Data, and Analytics skills with Simplilearn online courses, special discount until May 30.
- Download IKANOW’s “Beyond the Kill Chain” eBook - Apr 30, 2015.
A complete security platform, powered by business intelligence, lets CISOs go beyond the kill chain, and manage risks, not just react to intrusions - download free ebook.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n10, Apr 1: Computing platforms for data science; Free Data Mining Books; Python vs R - Apr 1, 2015.
Computing Platforms for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science; More Free Data Mining, Data Science Books and Resources; Text Analytics 2015 - Technology and Market Overview; The Grammar of Data Science: Python vs R.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 23-25: 24 free resources on Data Mining, Data Science; More Training Data or More Complex Models? - Mar 26, 2015.
24 free resources and online books on #DataMining, #DataScience, #MachineLearning; New R Online Tool for Seasonal Adjustment of time series; Key #DataScience question: More Training Data or More Complex Models?; Twitter #DataMining finds origins of ISIS support.
- More Free Data Mining, Data Science Books and Resources - Mar 25, 2015.
More free resources and online books by leading authors about data mining, data science, machine learning, predictive analytics and statistics.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 24-26: Why Deep Learning is likely to make other Machine Learning algorithms obsolete - Oct 27, 2014.
Why Deep Learning is likely to make other Machine Learning algorithms obsolete; Open Source Distributed Analytics Engine with SQL interface; Data Mining Reveals How News Coverage Varies Around the World; 3 Great (and Free) Data Science Books You Can Read Now.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 19-21: Dilbert funniest cartoons on #BigData, data mining; Guess which pattern is random - Sep 22, 2014.
Guess which pattern is random, which machine-generated? Dilbert 20 funniest cartoons on #BigData, data mining, privacy; Data Scientist Cartoon; Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft).
- Top stories for Sep 14-20: Coursera Mining Massive Datasets MOOC; Rattle package for Data Mining in R - Sep 21, 2014.
Coursera / Stanford Mining Massive Datasets MOOC; Rattle package for Data Mining and Data Science in R; edX "Learning From Data"; Caltech course; Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft).
- Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft) - Sep 20, 2014.
A free online book explaining the core ideas behind artificial neural networks and deep learning (draft), with new chapters added every 2-3 months.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 15-16 - Sep 17, 2014.
14 Awesome (and Free) Data Science Books on Statistical and Machine Learning; Mining Massive Datasets, free on Coursera, by top Stanford researchers - starts Sep 29; Nike: Senior Data Scientist.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 19-20: 12 Free Data Mining, Data Science books; Exclusive: How to Lead in Big Data - May 21, 2014.
12 Free Data Mining, Data Science, Applied Stats, and Machine Learning Books ; Exclusive Interview: Michael O'Connell on How to Lead in Big Data; Free ebook: The Complete Guide to Facebook Analytics; AI, Deep Learning race between Google, Facebook, and Baidu.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 16-18: Great find – Intro to Data Science, free download; Why code written by scientists gets ugly - May 19, 2014.
Great find! Intro. to Data Science, v2 (170 pages), free download; Why code written by scientists gets ugly; A Statistician's View on #BigData and Data Science - updated; CIOReview Top 100 Most Promising Big Data Companies.
- Top stories for May 4-10 - May 11, 2014.
Data Scientists Not Required with Alteryx Analytics 9.0; 9 Free Books for Learning Data Mining and Data Analysis; Exclusive Interview: Todd Holloway, Data Science Lead, Trulia; Did Target really predict teen pregnancy?
- Top stories for Apr 27 – May 3 - May 4, 2014.
Cartoon: Data Scientist Salary Negotiation; 9 Free Books for Learning Data Mining and Data Analysis; MLTK: Machine Learning Toolkit in Java - free download; Mass Big Data Report 2014.
- Top stories in April - May 2, 2014.
Apache Spark, the hot new trend in Big Data; Data Analytics Handbook - interviews with tech leaders, free download; Learning and Teaching Machine Learning; 9 Free Books for Learning Data Mining and Data Analysis.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 28-29 - Apr 30, 2014.
9 Free Books for Learning Data Mining; Cartoon: Data Scientist Salary Negotiation; statsTeachR - great free resource; What every Data Scientist needs to know about SQL.