- Deep Learning: The Free eBook - May 4, 2020.
"Deep Learning" is the quintessential book for understanding deep learning theory, and you can still read it freely online.
Aaron Courville, Book, Deep Learning, Free ebook, Ian Goodfellow, Neural Networks, Yoshua Bengio
- The Essence of Machine Learning - Dec 28, 2018.
And so now, as an exercise in what may seem to be semantics, let's explore some 30,000 feet definitions of what machine learning is.
Aaron Courville, Classification, Ian Goodfellow, Machine Learning, Tom Mitchell, Yoshua Bengio
- Voices in AI – great conversations with leaders in AI, Machine Learning, Data Science - Oct 19, 2017.
New Voices in AI podcast features conversations with top thinkers in the field, including Yoshua Bengio, Oren Etzioni, Jeff Dean, Daphne Koller, and Nick Bostrom. I am very honored to be in such company (on episode 11).
About Gregory Piatetsky, AGI, AI, Gigaom, Oren Etzioni, Podcast, Yoshua Bengio
- Key Trends and Takeaways from RE•WORK Deep Learning Summit Montreal – Part 2: The Pioneers - Oct 18, 2017.
The most anticipated aspect of the RE•WORK Deep Learning Summit Montreal was the assembly of deep learning pioneers Yoshua Bengio, Yann LeCun, and Geoff Hinton on stage separately and together for the first time at such an event.
Canada, Deep Learning, Geoff Hinton, Montreal, RE.WORK, Yann LeCun, Yoshua Bengio
- RE•WORK Deep Learning Summit Montreal Panel of Pioneers Interview: Yoshua Bengio, Yann LeCun, Geoffrey Hinton - Oct 17, 2017.
At the Deep Learning Summit in Montreal last week, we saw Yoshua Bengio, Yann LeCun and Geoffrey Hinton come together to share their most cutting edge research progressions as well as discussing the landscape of AI and the deep learning ecosystem in Canada.
Canada, Deep Learning, Geoff Hinton, Montreal, RE.WORK, Yann LeCun, Yoshua Bengio
- Key Trends and Takeaways from RE•WORK Deep Learning Summit Montreal – Part 1: Computer Vision - Oct 16, 2017.
Read up on what you missed from the RE•WORK Deep Learning Summit Montreal, held October 10 & 11, including talks from Aaron Courville, Ira Kemelmacher-Shlizerman, Roland Memisevic, and Raquel Urtasun.
Aaron Courville, Canada, Computer Vision, Geoff Hinton, Montreal, RE.WORK, Self-Driving Car, Yann LeCun, Yoshua Bengio
- Top 10 Quora Machine Learning Writers and Their Best Advice, Updated - Jun 26, 2017.
Gain some insight on a variety of topics with select answers from Quora's current top machine learning writers. Advice on research, interviews, hot topics in the field, how to best progress in your learning, and more are all covered herein.
Advice, Ian Goodfellow, Machine Learning, Quora, Top 10, Xavier Amatriain, Yoshua Bengio
- Top 20 Recent Research Papers on Machine Learning and Deep Learning - Apr 6, 2017.
Machine learning and Deep Learning research advances are transforming our technology. Here are the 20 most important (most-cited) scientific papers that have been published since 2014, starting with "Dropout: a simple way to prevent neural networks from overfitting".
Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Research, Top list, Yoshua Bengio
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, November: StarCraft II for AI Research; Google AI Experiments Website; Google in Montreal - Dec 5, 2016.
DeepMind and Blizzard to release StarCraft II as an AI research environment; Google AI Experiments Website; Google opens new Montreal-based AI research lab; Lip Reading Sentences in the Wild; Clean implementations of machine learning algorithms
AI, DeepMind, Google, Machine Learning, Reddit, Yoshua Bengio
- New Deep Learning Book Finished, Finalized Online Version Available - Apr 12, 2016.
What will likely become known as the seminal book on deep learning is finally finished, with the online version finalized and freely-accessible to all those interested in mastering deep neural networks.
Aaron Courville, Book, Deep Learning, Free ebook, Ian Goodfellow, Yoshua Bengio
- Deep Learning: an Interview with Yoshua Bengio - Mar 8, 2016.
Yoshua Bengio is a renowned figure in the machine learning and specifically deep learning, here is an interview with Yoshua about his thoughts on media interest in the field, future developments and more.
Deep Learning, RE.WORK, Yoshua Bengio
- The ICLR Experiment: Deep Learning Pioneers Take on Scientific Publishing - Feb 15, 2016.
Deep learning pioneers Yann LeCun and Yoshua Bengio have undertaken a grand experiment in academic publishing. Embracing a radical level of transparency and unprecedented public participation, they've created an opportunity not only to find and vet the best papers, but also to gather data about the publication process itself.
Academics, arXiv, Deep Learning, ICLR, Neural Networks, Yann LeCun, Yoshua Bengio, Zachary Lipton
- Is Deep Learning Overhyped? - Jan 29, 2016.
With all of the success that deep learning is experiencing, the detractors and cheerleaders can be seen coming out of the woodwork. What is the real validity of deep learning, and is it simply hype?
Deep Learning, Hype, Matthew Mayo, Quora, Yoshua Bengio
- Introducing Quora’s Machine Learning Sessions Series - Jan 19, 2016.
Quora is launching a new format for interacting with domain experts and sharing knowledge, and its first topic is Machine Learning. Yoshua Bengio is the first expert, and he is accepting questions now.
Machine Learning, Question answering, Quora, Xavier Amatriain, Yoshua Bengio
- Why Deep Learning Works – Key Insights and Saddle Points - Nov 3, 2015.
A quality discussion on the theoretical motivations for deep learning, including distributed representation, deep architecture, and the easily escapable saddle point.
Deep Learning, Distributed Representation, Matthew Mayo, Yoshua Bengio
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 15-21: Top Machine Learning researcher Pedro Domingos new book: The Master Algorithm - Sep 23, 2015.
Top Machine Learning researcher Pedro Domingos new book: The Master #Algorithm; #Dilbert brilliant take on Character; SentimentBuilder - Free Online Natural #Language Processing Tool.
Dilbert, Machine Learning, NLP, Pedro Domingos, Quora, Xavier Amatriain, Yoshua Bengio
- Top 10 Quora Machine Learning Writers and Their Best Advice - Sep 18, 2015.
Top Quora machine learning writers give their advice on pursuing a career in the field, academic research, and selecting and using appropriate technologies.
Machine Learning, Quora, random forests algorithm, Top 10, Xavier Amatriain, Yoshua Bengio
- Talking Machine – 3 Deep Learning Gurus Talk about History and Future, part 2 - Mar 26, 2015.
Key ideas from a podcast with Deep Learning gurus Geoff Hinton, Yoshua Bengio, and Yann LeCun, where they explain the power of distributed representation and also propose a new open paper review process.
Deep Learning, Distributed Representation, Geoff Hinton, Ran Bi, Yann LeCun, Yoshua Bengio
- Talking Machine – 3 Deep Learning Gurus Talk about History and Future of Machine Learning, part 1 - Mar 25, 2015.
An recent interview from the talking machine podcast with three deep learning experts. They talked about the neural network winter and its renewal.
convnet, Deep Learning, Geoff Hinton, Neural Networks, Ran Bi, Yann LeCun, Yoshua Bengio
- Top /r/MachineLearning posts, January - Feb 13, 2015.
Talking Machines, SVM lectures, a new Stanford statistical learning online course, and a listing of open-source datasets top the most popular Reddit posts on /r/MachineLearning for the month of January.
Geoff Hinton, Online Education, Open Data, Podcast, Reddit, Statistical Learning, SVM, Yann LeCun, Yoshua Bengio
- Why unsupervised learning is more robust to adversarial distortions - Jan 30, 2015.
Yoshua Bengio, a leading expert on Deep Learning, explains why good unsupervised learning should be much more robust to adversarial distortions than supervised learning.
Adversarial, Deep Learning, Unsupervised Learning, Yoshua Bengio
- (Deep Learning’s Deep Flaws)’s Deep Flaws - Jan 26, 2015.
Recent press has challenged the hype surrounding deep learning, trumpeting several findings which expose shortcomings of current algorithms. However, many of deep learning's reported flaws are universal, affecting nearly all machine learning algorithms.
convnet, Deep Learning, Ian Goodfellow, Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Yoshua Bengio, Zachary Lipton
- Deep Learning – important resources for learning and understanding - Aug 21, 2014.
New and fundamental resources for learning about Deep Learning - the hottest machine learning method, which is approaching human performance level.
Deep Learning, Image Recognition, Machine Learning, Yann LeCun, Yoshua Bengio