- The Essence of Machine Learning - Dec 28, 2018.
And so now, as an exercise in what may seem to be semantics, let's explore some 30,000 feet definitions of what machine learning is.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n38, Oct 10: Concise Explanation of Learning Algorithms; Why I Call Myself a Data Scientist; Linear Regression in the Wild - Oct 10, 2018.
This week, KDnuggets brings you a discussion of learning algorithms with a hat tip to Tom Mitchell, discusses why you might call yourself a data scientist, explores machine learning in the wild, checks out some top trends in deep learning, shows you how to learn data science if you are low on finances, and puts forth one person's opinion on the top 8 Python machine learning libraries to help get the job done.
- A Concise Explanation of Learning Algorithms with the Mitchell Paradigm - Oct 5, 2018.
A single quote from Tom Mitchell can shed light on both the abstract concept and concrete implementations of machine learning algorithms.
- Top Machine Learning MOOCs and Online Lectures: A Comprehensive Survey - Jul 11, 2016.
This post reviews Machine Learning MOOCs and online lectures for both the novice and expert audience.
- Highlights and PPTs from the IEEE Big Data 2014 conference - Nov 23, 2014.
The IEEE International Conference on Big Data has quickly become a top-tier conference. Check the highlights and presentations from 2014 event, held recently Washington, DC, with about 600 attendees.