- Talking Machine – 3 Deep Learning Gurus Talk about History and Future of Machine Learning, part 1 - Mar 25, 2015.
An recent interview from the talking machine podcast with three deep learning experts. They talked about the neural network winter and its renewal.
convnet, Deep Learning, Geoff Hinton, Neural Networks, Ran Bi, Yann LeCun, Yoshua Bengio
- Do We Need More Training Data or More Complex Models? - Mar 23, 2015.
Do we need more training data? Which models will suffer from performance saturation as data grows large? Do we need larger models or more complicated models, and what is the difference?
Big Data, convnet, Generalized Linear Models, K-nearest neighbors, Training Data, Zachary Lipton
- Deep Learning for Text Understanding from Scratch - Mar 13, 2015.
Forget about the meaning of words, forget about grammar, forget about syntax, forget even the very concept of a word. Now let the machine learn everything by itself.
convnet, Deep Learning, Francois Petitjean, Text Classification, Torch, Yann LeCun
- (Deep Learning’s Deep Flaws)’s Deep Flaws - Jan 26, 2015.
Recent press has challenged the hype surrounding deep learning, trumpeting several findings which expose shortcomings of current algorithms. However, many of deep learning's reported flaws are universal, affecting nearly all machine learning algorithms.
convnet, Deep Learning, Ian Goodfellow, Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Yoshua Bengio, Zachary Lipton
- Deep Learning Wins Dogs vs Cats competition on Kaggle - Feb 5, 2014.
A Deep learning expert wins Kaggle Dogs vs Cats image competition with an almost perfect result.
Cats, Competition, convnet, Deep Learning, Dogs, Facebook, Kaggle