- Monash University: Research Fellow in Time Series Classification - Aug 9, 2017.
Looking for an outstanding Research Fellow to work with Prof Geoff Webb and Dr Francois Petitjean at Monash Data Science. 18-month appointment - attractive remuneration.
- Data Mining Most Vexing Problem Solved, or is this drug REALLY working? - Jul 15, 2016.
This is a summary of the basic principle behind a new paper on multiple test correction for streams and cascades of statistical hypothesis tests, showing how to strictly control the risk of making a mistake over a series of tests and draw appropriate conclusions.
- Basketball Predictive Analytics: Will he take the shot? - May 5, 2015.
Sports analytics has reached a new level - now researchers can predict whether and from where a basketball player will take shot, Check a fun online app that lets you play with predictions.
- Deep Learning for Text Understanding from Scratch - Mar 13, 2015.
Forget about the meaning of words, forget about grammar, forget about syntax, forget even the very concept of a word. Now let the machine learn everything by itself.
- Can noise help separate causation from correlation? - Jan 21, 2015.
How to tell correlation from causation is one of the key problems in data science and Big Data. New Additive Noise Models methods can do it with over 65% accuracy, opening new breakthrough possibilities.
- “Vite fait, bien fait” – Averaging improves both accuracy and speed of time series classification - Dec 21, 2014.
Time series classification using k-nearest neighbors and dynamic time warping can be improved in many practical applications in both speed and accuracy using averaging.