- A Gentle Introduction to Noise Contrastive Estimation - Jul 25, 2019.
Find out how to use randomness to learn your data by using Noise Contrastive Estimation with this guide that works through the particulars of its implementation.
- Separating signal from noise - Jun 4, 2019.
When we are building a model, we are making the assumption that our data has two parts, signal and noise. Signal is the real pattern, the repeatable process that we hope to capture and describe. The noise is everything else that gets in the way of that.
- 5 Steps for Advanced Data Analysis using Visualization - Oct 28, 2016.
In most of the scientific researches, due to large amount of experiment data, statistical analysis is typically done by technical experts in computing and statistics. Unfortunately, these experts are not the experts of underlying research; which may cause gaps in analysis. If actual researchers are given easy to use tools and methods to handle and analyse data, it will enrich the research outcome for sure.
- Ten Simple Rules for Effective Statistical Practice: An Overview - Jun 23, 2016.
An overview of 10 simple rules to follow to ensure proper effective statistical data analysis.
- Does Your Company Need a Data Scientist? - Apr 19, 2016.
Your company needs a data scientist... doesn't it? It very well may not, but you need to know either way. Read on to determine whether or not your company could benefit from the skills of an on-board data scientist.
Pages: 1 2
- Can noise help separate causation from correlation? - Jan 21, 2015.
How to tell correlation from causation is one of the key problems in data science and Big Data. New Additive Noise Models methods can do it with over 65% accuracy, opening new breakthrough possibilities.
- Interview: Vita Markman, LinkedIn on Practical Solutions for Sentiment Mining Challenges - Aug 4, 2014.
We discuss sentiment data models, significance of linguistic features, handling the noise in social conversations, industry challenges, important use cases and the appropriateness of over-simplified binary classification.
- Opening the Dataset: A Twelve-Step Program for Dataholics - Feb 15, 2014.
Bruce Ratner, a functioning dataholic, writes dataiku verses, and paints swirling equations to relax. He shares his 12 step program that helps him, and others who love to data, to recover.