- What every Data Scientist needs to learn from Business Leaders - Jul 10, 2020.
You've learned so much to become a Data Scientist. Now, it's time to kick it up to the next level with advanced soft skills -- because these are important to the business for which you empower to make better decisions. Learning from the business leaders you support will help you develop a broader set of enhanced skills that will boost your Data Science quality and output.
- Data Scientists Have Developed a Faster Way to Reduce Pollution, Cut Greenhouse Gas Emissions - Jul 3, 2020.
Data science is helping with one of the world's most pressing issues. Read about an approach and specific steps being taken by data scientists to quickly reduce pollution and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Largest Dataset Analyzed – Poll Results and Trends - Jul 1, 2020.
The results show that despite the deluge of Big Data, large majority still works in Gigabyte or Megabyte-size datasets. Data Scientists work with the largest-size datasets, followed by Data Engineers, Data Analysts, and Business Analysts. Read more for details.
- Machine Learning Engineer vs Data Scientist (Is Data Science Over?) - Jun 25, 2020.
What has been happening to the definition of Data Scientist over the past 5 years? Does it still exist or has it morphed into a new version of its old self? Learn more about the recent trends in job descriptions and salaries for data scientists, ML engineers, and others to best understand the best fit for your career trajectory and interests.
- Build a Branded Web Based GIS Application Using R, Leaflet and Flexdashboard - Jun 24, 2020.
By using R, Flexdashboard and Leaflet, we can build a customized and branded web application to showcase location based data interactively across the organization. Instead of crowding the application with many widgets, we use menu tabs and pages to separate the interactive aspects.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n24, Jun 17: Easy Speech-to-Text with Python; Data Distributions Overview; Java for Data Scientists - Jun 17, 2020.
Also: Deploy a Machine Learning Pipeline to the Cloud Using a Docker Container; Five Cognitive Biases In Data Science (And how to avoid them); Understanding Machine Learning: The Free eBook; Simplified Mixed Feature Type Preprocessing in Scikit-Learn with Pipelines; A Complete guide to Google Colab for Deep Learning
- Top 6 Reasons Data Scientists Should Know Java - Jun 12, 2020.
There are many reasons why data scientists should learn Java. Read this overview of 6 specific reasons to help decide if Java might be right for your projects.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n22, Jun 3: How to Think Like a Data Scientist; Six Ways For Data Scientists to Succeed at a Startup - Jun 3, 2020.
Learn how to think like a Data Scientist; Read about 6 ways for a data scientist to succeed at a startup; Get a great and free new book on Deep Learning for Coders with fast.ai and PyTorch; check best GIS Courses in 2020; and more.
- Docker: Containerization for Data Scientists - Jun 2, 2020.
This article is a simple explanation to containerization with Docker.
- Six Ways For Data Scientists to Succeed at a Startup - May 29, 2020.
Here are six tips that will help data scientists and other data professionals succeed if they have the opportunity to work at a startup.
- How to Think Like a Data Scientist - May 29, 2020.
So what does it take to become a data scientist? For some pointers on the skills for success, I interviewed Ben Chu, who is a Senior Data Scientist at Refinitiv Labs.
- How to Rock a Virtual Data Interview - May 26, 2020.
To help you truly rock your next virtual data interview, we’ve pulled together a few tips that we recommend when conducting our online interviews for The Data Incubator’s Data Science Fellowship Program.
- Appropriately Handling Missing Values for Statistical Modelling and Prediction - May 22, 2020.
Many statisticians in industry agree that blindly imputing the missing values in your dataset is a dangerous move and should be avoided without first understanding why the data is missing in the first place.
- Coding habits for data scientists - May 14, 2020.
While the core machine learning algorithms might only take up a few lines of code, it's the rest of your program that can get messy fast. Learn about some techniques for identifying bad coding habits in ML that add to complexity in code as well as start new habits that can help partition complexity.
- Data Scientists, Corporate Fortune Tellers - May 8, 2020.
I realized that from a corporate perspective, “fortune teller” was not entirely off from the role of a “data scientist”.
- Top 10 Data Visualization Tools for Every Data Scientist - May 5, 2020.
At present, the data scientist is one of the most sought after professions. That’s one of the main reasons why we decided to cover the latest data visualization tools that every data scientist can use to make their work more effective.
- 10 Best Machine Learning Textbooks that All Data Scientists Should Read - Apr 28, 2020.
Check out these 10 books that can help data scientists and aspiring data scientists learn machine learning today.
- Find Your Perfect Fit: A Quick Guide for Job Roles in the Data World - Apr 23, 2020.
Data related positions are considered the hottest in the job market during the last couple of years. While everyone wants to join the party and enter this fascinating field, it is essential to first get an understanding. In this quick guide, I’ll do my best to dispel the confusion by crystalizing the essence of the different positions.
- Should Data Scientists Model COVID19 and other Biological Events - Apr 22, 2020.
Biostatisticians use statistical techniques that your current everyday data scientists have probably never heard of. This is a great example where lack of domain knowledge exposes you as someone that does not know what they are doing and are merely hopping on a trend.
- 4 Realistic Career Options for Data Scientists - Apr 21, 2020.
It’s almost 10 years since "Data Science" became mainstream. We ask less about how to get into Data Science, but wonder "what’s next?" This article includes insights on four non-trivial, but practical, options and their pitfalls.
- 5 Papers on CNNs Every Data Scientist Should Read - Apr 20, 2020.
In this article, we introduce 5 papers on CNNs that represent both novel approaches and baselines in the field.
- 5 Ways Data Scientists Can Help Respond to COVID-19 and 5 Actions to Avoid - Apr 6, 2020.
How can data scientists help with the COVID-19 response within their organization and more broadly? While there are many valuable and interesting opportunities to apply your skills, there can be unintended consequences even from your best attempt. So, consider this general advice for data scientists who want to help with this and any disaster response.
- Research into 1,001 Data Scientist LinkedIn Profiles, the latest - Mar 31, 2020.
What makes a data scientist today? Consider this review of data collected from three years worth of data scientist LinkedIn profiles to gain insight into how this important new career path is shaping up.
- Nine lessons learned during my first year as a Data Scientist - Mar 20, 2020.
What is it like to be a Data Scientist? There can be many hats to wear, and so many problems to solve that are fed with data, churned by data science, and guided by business results. Find out about lessons learned from one Data Scientist about how best to work and perform in the role.
- 50 Must-Read Free Books For Every Data Scientist in 2020 - Mar 9, 2020.
In this article, we are listing down some excellent data science books which cover the wide variety of topics under Data Science.
- The Augmented Scientist Part 1: Practical Application Machine Learning in Classification of SEM Images - Mar 3, 2020.
Our goal here is to see if we can build a classifier that can identify patterns in Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) images, and compare the performance of our classifier to the current state-of-the-art.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n08, Feb 26: Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant for Data Science & Machine Learning Platforms; Will AutoML Replace Data Scientists? - Feb 26, 2020.
This week in KDnuggets: The Death of Data Scientists - will AutoML replace them?; Leaders, Changes, and Trends in Gartner 2020 Magic Quadrant for Data Science and Machine Learning Platforms; Hand labeling is the past. The future is #NoLabel AI; The Forgotten Algorithm; Getting Started with R Programming; and much, much more.
- The Death of Data Scientists – will AutoML replace them? - Feb 20, 2020.
Soon after tech giants Google and Microsoft introduced their AutoML services to the world, the popularity and interest in these services skyrocketed. We first review AutoML, compare the platforms available, and then test them out against real data scientists to answer the question: will AutoML replace us?
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n07, Feb 19: 20 AI, Data Science, Machine Learning Terms for 2020; Why Did I Reject a Data Scientist Job? - Feb 19, 2020.
This week on KDnuggets: 20 AI, Data Science, Machine Learning Terms You Need to Know in 2020; Why Did I Reject a Data Scientist Job?; Fourier Transformation for a Data Scientist; Math for Programmers; Deep Neural Networks; Practical Hyperparameter Optimization; and much more!
- Scaling the Wall Between Data Scientist and Data Engineer - Feb 17, 2020.
The educational and research focuses of machine learning tends to highlight the model building, training, testing, and optimization aspects of the data science process. To bring these models into use requires a suite of engineering feats and organization, a standard for which does not yet exist. Learn more about a framework for operating a collaborative data science and engineering team to deploy machine learning models to end-users.
- Fourier Transformation for a Data Scientist - Feb 14, 2020.
The article contains a brief intro into Fourier transformation mathematically and its applications in AI.
- Why Did I Reject a Data Scientist Job? - Feb 12, 2020.
Snagging that job as a Data Scientist might not be exactly what you were expecting. Consider this advice on carefully considering job titles with what the position might really be like day-to-day.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n05, Feb 5: How to land a Data Scientist job at your dream company; 12-Hour Machine Learning Challenge - Feb 5, 2020.
Read how one very persistent data scientist got a job at her dream company; Learn how to complete a 12 hour ML challenge; Top 10 AI, Machine Learning research papers; How to optimize your Jupyter notebook; and PyTorch FTW.
- How to land a Data Scientist job at your dream company - Jan 31, 2020.
Job hunting for anyone just starting out as a data scientist can require grit, passion, and perseverance before finding the best opportunity. Follow this career search journey to learn what it took -- and the learning resources used -- to land the dream job.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n04, Jan 29: AutoML: If you try it, you’ll like it more; The Data Science Interview Study Guide - Jan 29, 2020.
AutoML Poll results: if you try it, you'll like it more; The Data Science Interview Study Guide; What Do Data Scientists in Europe Do & How Much Are They Worth?; 2 Questions for a Junior Data Scientist
- Data Scientist Archetypes - Jan 28, 2020.
My goal here is to give you a map for navigating the sprawling terrain of data science. It’s to help you prioritize what you want to learn and what you want to do, so you don’t feel lost.
- 2 Questions for a Junior Data Scientist - Jan 24, 2020.
Academic credentials and experience with previous machine learning projects are important for kicking off a data science career. However, landing your first job out of school will require you to extend your thinking about projects and problems. Learn how one interviewer honed in on desired skills by considering these two questions.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 15-21: My Pandas Cheat Sheet; 5 Key Reasons Why Data Scientists Are Quitting their Jobs - Jan 22, 2020.
5 Key Reasons Why Data Scientists Are Quitting their Jobs; My Pandas Cheat Sheet; Google Colab: Jupyter Lab on steroids (perfect for Deep Learning); Top 5 Must-have Data Science Skills.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n03, Jan 22: I wanna be a data scientist, but… how? Top 10 Technology Trends for 2020 - Jan 22, 2020.
If you want to be a Data Scientist, but not sure how to start - there is a perfect blog for you; Baidu top 10 technology trends for 2020; Math for programmers!; The future of Machine Learning; and more.
- I wanna be a data scientist, but… how? - Jan 20, 2020.
It’s easy to say "I wanna be a data scientist," but... where do you start? How much time is needed to be desired by companies? Do you need a Master’s degree? Do you need to know every mathematical concept ever derived? The journey might be long, but follow this plan to help you keep moving forward toward your career goal.
- 3 common data science career transitions, and how to make them happen - Jan 6, 2020.
Breaking into a career in Data Science can depend on where you start. See if you fit into one of these three categories of "newbies," and then find out how to make your professional transition into the field.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n49, Dec 27: What is a Data Scientist Worth? New Explainable AI from Google - Dec 27, 2019.
What is a Data Scientist Worth?; Google's New Explainable AI Service; The Most In Demand Tech Skills for Data Scientists; The 4 fastest ways NOT to get hired as a data scientist; and KDnuggets Cartoon which was included in a surprising textbook.
- The Most In Demand Tech Skills for Data Scientists - Dec 20, 2019.
By the end of this article you’ll know which technologies are becoming more popular with employers and which are becoming less popular.
- The 4 fastest ways NOT to get hired as a data scientist - Dec 18, 2019.
Ready to try to get hired as a data scientist for the first time? Avoiding these common mistakes won’t guarantee an offer, but not avoiding them is a sure fire way for your application to be tossed into the trash bin.
- Open Source Projects by Google, Uber and Facebook for Data Science and AI - Nov 28, 2019.
Open source is becoming the standard for sharing and improving technology. Some of the largest organizations in the world namely: Google, Facebook and Uber are open sourcing their own technologies that they use in their workflow to the public.
- The Future of Careers in Data Science & Analysis - Nov 27, 2019.
As the fields of data science and analysis continue to expand, the next crop of bright minds is always needed. Learn more about the nuances of these jobs and find where you can fit in for a rewarding and interesting career.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n45, Nov 27: Interpretable vs black box models; Advice for New and Junior Data Scientists - Nov 27, 2019.
This week: Stop explaining black box machine learning models for high stakes decisions and use interpretable models instead; Advice for New and Junior Data Scientists; Python Tuples and Tuple Methods; Can Neural Networks Develop Attention? Google Thinks they Can; Three Methods of Data Pre-Processing for Text Classification
- Advice for New and Junior Data Scientists - Nov 22, 2019.
If you are a new Data Scientist early in your professional journey, and you’re a bit confused and lost, then follow this advice to figure out how to best contribute to your company.
- The Complete Data Science LinkedIn Profile Guide - Nov 11, 2019.
With so many Data Scientists showing up on LinkedIn, it's time to make sure your profile is top-notch because your talent is still highly sought after. Recruitment specialists want to find you fast, and this guide will help you create the best profile to feature your expertise.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n40, Oct 23: How to Become a (Good) Data Scientist; Writing Your First Neural Net in 30 Lines with Keras - Oct 23, 2019.
Read useful advice on how to become a good data scientist; see how you can write your 1st neural net in under 30 lines of Keras code; Understand why AI salaries are heading skywards and what skills you need for them; and read about key ideas and methods in anomaly detection
- Everything a Data Scientist Should Know About Data Management - Oct 22, 2019.
For full-stack data science mastery, you must understand data management along with all the bells and whistles of machine learning. This high-level overview is a road map for the history and current state of the expansive options for data storage and infrastructure solutions.
- How to Write Web Apps Using Simple Python for Data Scientists - Oct 22, 2019.
Convert your Data Science Projects into cool apps easily without knowing any web frameworks.
- 5 Tips for Novice Freelance Data Scientists - Oct 18, 2019.
If you want to launch your data science skills into freelance work, then check out these important tips to help you kick start your next adventure in data.
- How to Become a (Good) Data Scientist – Beginner Guide - Oct 16, 2019.
A guide covering the things you should learn to become a data scientist, including the basics of business intelligence, statistics, programming, and machine learning.
- The 5 Classification Evaluation Metrics Every Data Scientist Must Know - Oct 16, 2019.
This post is about various evaluation metrics and how and when to use them.
- 6 bits of advice for Data Scientists - Sep 25, 2019.
As a data scientist, you can get lost in your daily dives into the data. Consider this advice to be certain to follow in your work for being diligent and more impactful for your organization.
- Automatic Version Control for Data Scientists - Sep 24, 2019.
How can you keep your machine learning models and data organized so you can collaborate effectively? Discover this new tool set available for better version control designed for the data scientist workflow.
- 5 Famous Deep Learning Courses/Schools of 2019 - Sep 24, 2019.
Deep Learning is/has become the hottest skill in Data Science at the moment. There is a plethora of articles, courses, technologies, influencers and resources that we can leverage to gain the Deep Learning skills.
- My journey path from a Software Engineer to BI Specialist to a Data Scientist - Sep 16, 2019.
The career path of the Data Scientist remains a hot target for many with its continuing high demand. Becoming one requires developing a broad set of skills including statistics, programming, and even business acumen. Learn more about one person's experience making this journey, and discover the many resources available to help you find your way into a world of data science.
- Classification vs Prediction - Sep 12, 2019.
It is important to distinguish prediction and classification. In many decision-making contexts, classification represents a premature decision, because classification combines prediction and decision making and usurps the decision maker in specifying costs of wrong decisions.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n34, Sep 11: I wasn’t getting hired as a Data Scientist. So I sought data on who is - Sep 11, 2019.
How one person overcame rejections applying to Data Scientist positions by getting actual data on who is getting hired; Advice from Andrew Ng on building ML career and reading research papers; 10 Great Python resources for Data Scientists; Python Libraries for Interpretable ML.
- The 5 Graph Algorithms That Data Scientists Should Know - Sep 10, 2019.
In this post, I am going to be talking about some of the most important graph algorithms you should know and how to implement them using Python.
- 10 Great Python Resources for Aspiring Data Scientists - Sep 9, 2019.
This is a collection of 10 interesting resources in the form of articles and tutorials for the aspiring data scientist new to Python, meant to provide both insight and practical instruction when starting on your journey.
- I wasn’t getting hired as a Data Scientist. So I sought data on who is. - Sep 6, 2019.
Instead of focusing on skills thought to be required of data scientists, we can look at what they have actually done before.
- Object-oriented programming for data scientists: Build your ML estimator - Aug 30, 2019.
Implement some of the core OOP principles in a machine learning context by building your own Scikit-learn-like estimator, and making it better.
- Types of Bias in Machine Learning - Aug 29, 2019.
The sample data used for training has to be as close a representation of the real scenario as possible. There are many factors that can bias a sample from the beginning and those reasons differ from each domain (i.e. business, security, medical, education etc.)
- The secret sauce for growing from a data analyst to a data scientist - Aug 27, 2019.
Despite the increasing demand and appetite for experienced data scientists, the job is ambiguously described most of the times. Also, the delineation between data science and data analytics or engineering is still loosely defined by a lot of hiring managers.
- Top Handy SQL Features for Data Scientists - Aug 23, 2019.
Whenever we hear "data," the first thing that comes to mind is SQL! SQL comes with easy and quick to learn features to organize and retrieve data, as well as perform actions on it in order to gain useful insights.
- University of North Florida: Data Scientist [Jacksonville, FL] - Aug 21, 2019.
Seeking a Data Scientist to design, develop, and execute data analytics projects and initiatives, and deliver findings and recommendations to support the mission of the university.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n31, Aug 21: Become a Marketable Data Scientist; Data Science Command Line Basics; Chatbots with Keras - Aug 21, 2019.
This week's news: Become More Marketable as a Data Scientist; Command Line Basics Every Data Scientist Should Know; Chatbots with Keras!; Understanding Cancer using Machine Learning; Statistical Modelling vs Machine Learning; Is Kaggle Learn a "Faster Data Science Education?"; and much more!
- How to Become More Marketable as a Data Scientist - Aug 16, 2019.
As a data scientist, you are in high demand. So, how can you increase your marketability even more? Check out these current trends in skills most desired by employers in 2019.
- Waste Management: Data Scientist [Houston, TX] - Aug 6, 2019.
Waste Management is seeking a Data Scientist in Houston, TX, to support their digital marketing, customer and other business segment teams with insights gained from analyzing customer data.
- P-values Explained By Data Scientist - Jul 30, 2019.
This article is designed to give you a full picture from constructing a hypothesis testing to understanding p-value and using that to guide our decision making process.
- Top 13 Skills To Become a Rockstar Data Scientist - Jul 26, 2019.
Education, coding, SQL, big data platforms, storytelling and more. These are the 13 skills you need to master to become a rockstar data scientist.
- Easy, One-Click Jupyter Notebooks - Jul 24, 2019.
All of the setup for software, networking, security, and libraries is automatically taken care of by the Saturn Cloud system. Data Scientists can then focus on the actual Data Science and not the tedious infrastructure work that falls around it
- Bottomline Technologies: Data Scientist [Portsmouth, NH] - Jul 17, 2019.
Bottomline Technologies is seeking a Data Scientist in Portsmouth, NH. Join a newly established predictive and advanced analytics team to build innovative analytics solutions to solve problems in financial industry.
- How to Build Disruptive Data Science Teams: 10 Best Practices - Jul 16, 2019.
Building a data science team from the ground up isn't easy. This strategic roadmap will help hiring managers with tactical advice and how to properly support a data science team once established.
- McKinsey: Data Scientist [Wroclaw, Poland] - Jul 15, 2019.
McKinsey is seeking a Data Scientist in Wroclaw, Poland, to work with McKinsey clients and consulting teams to carry out complex data analysis and modeling, creating a foundation for sound recommendations for client studies and internal projects.
- Wake Forest University: Data Scientist, Institutional Research [Winston Salem, NC] - Jul 11, 2019.
Seeking a Data Scientist to play a key role in the discovery of knowledge and insights through quantitative and qualitative research for the success of Wake Forest University (WFU).
- Aliya: Data Scientist [New York, NY] - Jul 10, 2019.
Seeking a data scientist to be responsible for assisting with the development of Aliya’s state-of-the-art, advanced analytical machine-learning-based software framework that can ingest, structure and model large amounts of data in different formats and from different sources.
- What’s wrong with the approach to Data Science? - Jul 10, 2019.
The job ‘Data Scientist’ has been around for decades, it was just not called “Data Scientist”. Statisticians have used their knowledge and skills using machine learning techniques such as Logistic Regression and Random Forest for prediction and insights for longer than people actually realize.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n25, Jul 10: 5 Probability Distributions for Data Scientists; What the Machine Learning Engineer Job is Really Like - Jul 10, 2019.
This edition of the KDnuggets newsletter is double-sized after taking the holiday week off. Learn about probability distributions every data scientist should know, what the machine learning engineering job is like, making the most money with the least amount of risk, the difference between NLP and NLU, get a take on Nvidia's new data science workstation, and much, much more.
- Why you’re not a job-ready data scientist (yet) - Jul 9, 2019.
Trying to snag a dream Data Science job, but can't seem to land one? Check out these four skills that companies really want and be prepared for your next interview.
- Humn.ai: Lead Data Scientist [London, UK] - Jul 4, 2019.
Seeking a Lead Data Scientists, an early member of the company who will play a key role in building out and defining Humn's data science capability, providing input from key technology choices to hiring decisions.
- 5 Probability Distributions Every Data Scientist Should Know - Jul 4, 2019.
Having an understanding of probability distributions should be a priority for data scientists. Make sure you know what you should by reviewing this post on the subject.
- RS21: Senior Data Scientist [Albuquerque, NM] - Jun 28, 2019.
Our ideal candidate knows the importance of understanding the context of data as it relates to a variety of analytical methods and the needs of the client. Our Data Scientists lead research driven approaches to create custom solutions for complex social problems our clients face.
- The Data Fabric for Machine Learning – Part 2: Building a Knowledge-Graph - Jun 25, 2019.
Before being able to develop a Data Fabric we need to build a Knowledge-Graph. In this article I’ll set up the basis on how to create it, in the next article we’ll go to the practice on how to do this.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n23, Jun 19: Useful Stats for Data Scientists; Python, TensorFlow & R Winners in Latest Job Report - Jun 19, 2019.
This week on KDnuggets: 5 Useful Statistics Data Scientists Need to Know; Data Science Jobs Report 2019: Python Way Up, TensorFlow Growing Rapidly, R Use Double SAS; How to Learn Python for Data Science the Right Way; The Machine Learning Puzzle, Explained; Scalable Python Code with Pandas UDFs; and much more!
- 5 Useful Statistics Data Scientists Need to Know - Jun 14, 2019.
A data scientist should know how to effectively use statistics to gain insights from data. Here are five useful and practical statistical concepts that every data scientist must know.
- The Data Fabric for Machine Learning Part 1-b – Deep Learning on Graphs - Jun 11, 2019.
Deep learning on graphs is taking more importance by the day. Here I’ll show the basics of thinking about machine learning and deep learning on graphs with the library Spektral and the platform MatrixDS.
- Proxi: Data Scientist [Berkeley, CA] - Jun 11, 2019.
Proxi is looking for a Data Scientist to join their growing data team! As a Data Scientist at Proxi, you will help improve models supporting a quirky personalized AI, provide insights to improve player experience, and much more.
- If you’re a developer transitioning into data science, here are your best resources - Jun 11, 2019.
This article will provide a background on the data scientist role and why your background might be a good fit for data science, plus tangible stepwise actions that you, as a developer, can take to ramp up on data science.
- Top 10 Statistics Mistakes Made by Data Scientists - Jun 7, 2019.
The following are some of the most common statistics mistakes made by data scientists. Check this list often to make sure you are not making any of these while applying statistics to data science.
- Apple: Data Scientist [Austin, TX] - Jun 5, 2019.
Seeking a talented individual who is passionate about crafting, implementing, and operating analytical solutions that have direct and measurable impact to Apple and its customers to employ predictive modeling and statistical analysis techniques to build end-to-end solutions.
- The Whole Data Science World in Your Hands - Jun 5, 2019.
Testing MatrixDS capabilities on different languages and tools: Python, R and Julia. If you work with data you have to check this out.
- Data Scientists Are Thinkers: Execution vs. exploration and what it means for you - Jun 4, 2019.
Data scientists serve a very technical purpose, but one that is vastly different from other individual contributors. Unlike engineers, designers, and project managers, data scientists are exploration-first, rather than execution-first.
- Paperspace: Developer Evangelist (AI and Machine Learning) [Brooklyn, NY] - Jun 3, 2019.
Paperspace is seeking a Developer Evangelist to help cultivate a global, diverse community of data scientists and machine learning engineers.
- Upstart: Data Scientist [San Carlos, CA] - May 31, 2019.
Seeking thoughtful Data Scientists who are passionate and enjoy working in a very fast-paced environment. Because our challenges are so new, this person will need to have strong creative problem solving skills and the technical background to implement such solutions.
- Upstart: Data Scientist [Columbus, OH] - May 31, 2019.
Seeking thoughtful Data Scientists who are passionate and enjoy working in a very fast-paced environment. Because our challenges are so new, this person will need to have strong creative problem solving skills and the technical background to implement such solutions.
- Becoming a Level 3.0 Data Scientist - May 29, 2019.
Want to be a Junior, Senior, or Principal Data Scientists? Find out what you need to do to navigate the Data Science Career Game.
- Path2Response LLC: Sr Data Scientist [Louisville, CO] - May 24, 2019.
Seeking a seasoned Senior Data Scientist that will leverage advanced analytics to solve some of the most interesting business problems across Path2Response. The candidate will operate in a fast-paced environment and take on multiple roles as the senior member of a growing team.
- Path2Response LLC: Jr Data Scientist [Louisville, CO] - May 24, 2019.
Seeking a candidate adept at understanding modeling systems and recommending the best inputs to influence the resulting output. They will identify opportunities for product and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action.
- Apple: Data Scientist, Ad Platforms [Cupertino, CA] - May 21, 2019.
Seeking a self-motivated individual that will build out the next generation of our ads platforms. Projects range from generating algorithms that drive our auctions to building out data products to help our advertisers manage the efficiency and quality of their campaign strategies.
- The Data Fabric for Machine Learning – Part 1 - May 21, 2019.
How the new advances in semantics and the data fabric can help us be better at Machine Learning
- PyCharm for Data Scientists - May 17, 2019.
This article is a discussion of some of PyCharm's features, and a comparison with Spyder, an another popular IDE for Python. Read on to find the benefits and drawbacks of PyCharm, and an outline of when to prefer it to Spyder and vice versa.
- Why Data Professionals Should Negotiate Every Job Offer - May 16, 2019.
Here are six reasons why you shouldn't feel tempted to jump at the chance and take that job offer as it is without first negotiating.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n19, May 15: Data Scientist – Best Job of the Year!; How (not) to use Machine Learning for time series forecasting - May 15, 2019.
"Please, explain." Interpretability of machine learning models; How to fix an Unbalanced Dataset; Data Science Poem; Customer Churn Prediction Using Machine Learning; A Complete Exploratory Data Analysis and Visualization for Text
- Intuit: Sr Data Scientist – Business Analytics [Mountain View, CA] - May 10, 2019.
Seeking a great data scientist for our Quickbooks Online (QBO) business. You need to be a top-notch problem solver and problem identifier as there are no points for an elegant solution to the wrong problem. It’s also a good idea to know the standard suite of analytical tools but more importantly you must know how to learn tools quickly.
- Intuit: Sr Data Scientist, Business Analytics [Mountain View, CA] - May 10, 2019.
Seeking a hands-on Senior Data Scientist in the Data Analytics & Science team, someone who is a creative problem solver with a passion to deliver advanced data-driven solutions.
- 5 Things to Review Before Accepting That Data Scientist Job Offer - May 10, 2019.
Before you get too excited and sign the papers for that new data scientist job, and solidify your role as a new hire, make sure you look over these 5 things first.
- Intuit: Sr Data Scientist, Technical Analytics [Mountain View, CA] - May 9, 2019.
Come join Intuit as a Senior Technical Data Analyst, and partner closely with business and technical teams to understand their project objectives and provide data-driven solutions and recommendations.
- Intuit: Sr Data Scientist, Business Analytics [Mountain View, CA] - May 9, 2019.
Seeking creative problem solvers with a passion to deliver data-driven insights. This position works alongside product manager, product developer, and analytics partners to deliver business results using data for insights and optimization.
- Intuit: Staff Data Scientist, Experimentation Analytics [Mountain View, CA] - May 9, 2019.
Intuit is seeking a Staff Data Scientist to join our team, to help build a new business within the company in one of the hottest fintech spaces of the moment.
- Data Scientist – Best Job of the Year in USA - May 8, 2019.
CareerCast ranks Data Scientist as the top job in USA, with very good work environment, low stress, high growth, and median salary of $114,520.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n18, May 8: What Data Science/Machine Learning software you used – KDnuggets Poll; The Third Wave Data Scientist - May 8, 2019.
Vote in KDnuggets 20th annual poll: What software you used for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning projects? Also, what skills are needed for the 3rd wave Data Scientist?; The 3 biggest mistakes in learning Data Science; What makes XGBoost so successful; The ranking of best Masters in Analytics/Data Science in US/Canada; and more.
- Data Science vs. Decision Science - May 7, 2019.
Data science and decision science are related but still separate fields, so at some points, it might be hard to compare them directly. We attempted to show our vision of the commonalities, differences, and specific features of data science and decision science.
- The 3 Biggest Mistakes on Learning Data Science - May 6, 2019.
Data science or whatever you want to call it is not just knowing some programming languages, math, statistics and have “domain knowledge” and here I show you why.
- Which Deep Learning Framework is Growing Fastest? - May 1, 2019.
In September 2018, I compared all the major deep learning frameworks in terms of demand, usage, and popularity. TensorFlow was the champion of deep learning frameworks and PyTorch was the youngest framework. How has the landscape changed?
- Fors Marsh Group: Lead Data Scientist [Arlington, VA] - Apr 24, 2019.
Seeking an intelligent and motivated Lead Data Scientist (Subject Matter Expert) to grow our data science portfolio. As a part of our Advanced Analytics division, the Lead Data Scientist will have the opportunity to provide expert support on a variety of behavioral research and data science projects.
- Was it Worth Studying a Data Science Masters? - Apr 23, 2019.
As I started to apply for Data Science roles it quickly became apparent that I was lacking two key skills: applying Machine Learning and coding
- How To Go Into Data Science: Ultimate Q&A for Aspiring Data Scientists with Serious Guides - Apr 22, 2019.
To learn ALL the skills sets in data science is next to impossible as the scope is way too wide. There’ll always be some skills (technical/non-technical) that data scientists don’t know or haven’t learned as different businesses require different skill sets.
- How Optimization Works - Apr 18, 2019.
Optimization problems are naturally described in terms of costs - money, time, resources - rather than benefits. In math it's convenient to make all your problems look the same before you work out a solution, so that you can just solve it the one time.
- Bottomline Technologies, Inc: Data Scientist [McLean, VA or Portsmouth, NH] - Apr 17, 2019.
Work on exciting Machine Learning and Data Mining projects in Financial Industry! Join a newly established predictive and advanced analytics team to build innovative analytics solutions to solve problems in financial industry.
- Ten-X: Data Scientist [San Mateo, CA] - Apr 17, 2019.
Seeking a Data Scientist to help build models and perform analyses on its platform products. This role will involve frequent interactions with other data scientists as well as the business branch and the output of these analyses will be immediately visible to all parties involved.
- Why Data Scientists Need To Work In Groups - Apr 12, 2019.
If you read this article you will see that the job of data scientist is NOT listed. The rest of this article will explore why it is true that data scientists need to work in groups.
- Compilation of Advice for New and Aspiring Data Scientists - Apr 10, 2019.
Check out this compilation of advice for the new and upcoming data scientist, condensing 30+ pieces of advice into 6 minutes.
- How to Recognize a Good Data Scientist Job From a Bad One - Apr 9, 2019.
Here are six characteristics which set good data scientist jobs apart form the bad ones.
- NIH: Data Scientist [Durham, NC] - Apr 8, 2019.
We are offering the chance to apply data science talent while working with world class experts who are attempting to understand the complex interplay of environment and health with the goal of improving people’s lives.
- Advice for New Data Scientists - Apr 8, 2019.
We provide advice for junior data scientists as they begin their career, with tips and commentary from a tech lead at Airbnb.
- Top 10 Coding Mistakes Made by Data Scientists - Apr 2, 2019.
Here is a list of 10 common mistakes that a senior data scientist — who is ranked in the top 1% on Stackoverflow for python coding and who works with a lot of (junior) data scientists — frequently sees.