- How I 14Xed my salary in 14 years as a data analytics/science professional - Dec 16, 2021.
Learn how one data scientist increased their full-time job salary 14 times in 14 years of a career, with highlights on experiencing an IPO, RSUs, start-ups and working at FAANG companies.
Career Advice, Data Scientist, Industry, Salary
- What Does a Data Scientist Do? - Dec 6, 2021.
This guide provides you with the best possible, most direct, and clear answers to "What is data science?" and "What does a data scientist do?".
Advice, Career Advice, Data Science, Data Science Education, Data Scientist, Roles, Salary
- Salary Breakdown of the Top Data Science Jobs - Nov 2, 2021.
Machine Learning vs NLP vs Data Engineer vs Data Scientist, and what it means to be in each role.
Career Advice, Data Engineer, Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer, NLP, Salary
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n41, Oct 27: How I Tripled My Income With Data Science in 18 Months; Data Scientist vs Data Engineer Salary - Oct 27, 2021.
Read "How I Tripled My Income With Data Science in 18 Months"; Compare Data Scientist vs Data Engineer Salary; Learn To Reproduce Research Papers; Exclusive: OpenAI summarizes KDnuggets; Data Science Portfolio Project Ideas That Can Get You Hired (Or Not); and more.
Career Advice, Data Engineer, Data Scientist, Salary
- Data Scientist vs Data Engineer Salary - Oct 20, 2021.
What are the differences between these two popular tech roles?
Career Advice, Data Engineer, Data Scientist, Salary
- 2021 Data Engineer Salary Report Shares Insights on a Swiftly Evolving Market - Oct 19, 2021.
Over the past few years, the data engineering market has seen tremendous growth. The acceleration of the data engineering market prompted us to create a new report specifically for data engineering professionals. You can download both the 2021 Data Engineering and 2021 Data Science & Analytics salary reports from our website for free.
Burtch Works, Data Engineer, Hiring, Salary, Trends
- How I Doubled My Income with Data Science and Machine Learning - Jun 1, 2021.
Many career opportunities exist in the ever-expanding domain of data. Finding your place -- and finding your salary -- is largely up to your dedication, focus, and drive to learn. If you are an aspiring Data Scientist or have already started your professional journey, there are multiple strategies for maximizing your earning potential.
Career Advice, Data Science, Data Science Skills, Machine Learning, Salary
- Data Practitioner Survey: Want to know what you’re worth? - May 18, 2021.
Want to know what you’re worth? The AI Summit is compiling a 2021 Data Practitioner Salary Report. We would love your input if you are involved with machine learning in a business context, whether as a software architect, data scientist, engineer, developer, modeller, administrator, or analyst.
Careers, Data Science, Salary, Surveys
- Is Data Science for Me? 14 Self-examination Questions to Consider - Nov 17, 2020.
You are intrigued by this exciting new field of Data Science, and you think you want in on the action. The demand remains very high and the salaries are strong. Before taking the leap onto this path, these questions will help you evaluate if you are ready for the challenges and opportunities.
Career Advice, Communication, Data Science, Data Science Skills, Jobs, Salary
- Learn to build an end to end data science project - Nov 11, 2020.
Appreciating the process you must work through for any Data Science project is valuable before you land your first job in this field. With a well-honed strategy, such as the one outlined in this example project, you will remain productive and consistently deliver valuable machine learning models.
Data Preparation, Data Science, GitHub, Portfolio, Python, Regression, Salary
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n04, Jan 29: AutoML: If you try it, you’ll like it more; The Data Science Interview Study Guide - Jan 29, 2020.
AutoML Poll results: if you try it, you'll like it more; The Data Science Interview Study Guide; What Do Data Scientists in Europe Do & How Much Are They Worth?; 2 Questions for a Junior Data Scientist
Automated Machine Learning, AutoML, Data Science, Data Scientist, Europe, Interview, Poll, Salary, Unbalanced
- What Do Data Scientists in Europe Do & How Much Are They Worth? - Jan 23, 2020.
Interested in knowing what a data scientist is worth in Europe, and what one does? Read this overview of a recent survey on the topic and gain some insight into the European data science professional job market.
Data Science, Europe, Salary
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n49, Dec 27: What is a Data Scientist Worth? New Explainable AI from Google - Dec 27, 2019.
What is a Data Scientist Worth?; Google's New Explainable AI Service; The Most In Demand Tech Skills for Data Scientists; The 4 fastest ways NOT to get hired as a data scientist; and KDnuggets Cartoon which was included in a surprising textbook.
Data Science Skills, Data Scientist, Explainable AI, Google, Hiring, Salary
- What is a Data Scientist Worth? - Dec 23, 2019.
What is the Salary of a Data Scientist in 2019? Let's have a look at some data to see how we can answer that question.
Data Science, Salary, StackOverflow
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n40, Oct 23: How to Become a (Good) Data Scientist; Writing Your First Neural Net in 30 Lines with Keras - Oct 23, 2019.
Read useful advice on how to become a good data scientist; see how you can write your 1st neural net in under 30 lines of Keras code; Understand why AI salaries are heading skywards and what skills you need for them; and read about key ideas and methods in anomaly detection
AI, Data Scientist, Keras, Neural Networks, Salary
- Artificial Intelligence: Salaries Heading Skyward - Oct 17, 2019.
While the average salary for a Software Engineer is around $100,000 to $150,000, to make the big bucks you want to be an AI or Machine Learning (Specialist/Scientist/Engineer.)
AI, Machine Learning Engineer, Machine Learning Scientist, Salary
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n33, Sep 4: Data Science Skills Poll; Object-oriented Programming for Data Scientists - Sep 4, 2019.
This week: Object-oriented programming for data scientists; Deep Learning Next Step: Transformers and Attention Mechanism; R Users' Salaries from the 2019 Stackoverflow Survey; Types of Bias in Machine Learning; 4 Tips for Advanced Feature Engineering and Preprocessing; and much more!
Data Science, Data Science Skills, Deep Learning, NLP, Programming, R, Salary
- R Users’ Salaries from the 2019 Stackoverflow Survey - Aug 30, 2019.
Let’s take a look on what R users are saying about their salaries. Note that the following results could be biased because of unrepresentative and in some cases small samples.
R, Salary, StackOverflow, Survey
- Data Scientists: Why are they so expensive to hire? - Feb 1, 2019.
We provide some reasoning behind the high cost factor of hiring a data scientist, including the increasing amount of data ready to be analyzed, the structural shortage of people with the appropriate skills, and more.
Data Scientist, Hiring, Salary
- One-stop-learning-shop for data pros – get exclusive access for less than a cup of coffee - Dec 6, 2018.
TDWI Membership is the one-stop-learning-shop for data professionals, providing the necessary tools to move your career forward. Join in December for less than a cup of coffee.
Best Practices, Data Science Education, Salary, TDWI
- Predictive Analytics in 2018: Salaries & Industry Shifts - Nov 19, 2018.
Highlights from Burtch Works Study: Salaries of Predictive Analytics Professionals include: salaries remain steady, which industries pay the most, and which industries are attracting more analytics professionals.
Burtch Works, Hiring, Jobs, Predictive Analytics, Salary
- 2018 Data Science Salary Survey Report - Jan 31, 2018.
Throughout 2017, we conducted an online salary survey open to a range of data science professionals in order to capture data to help us better understand the market.
Asia, Data Scientist, Europe, Salary, Trends, USA
- Data Science Salary Report 2018 – participate - Oct 23, 2017.
Take part in a survey for a global Data Science salary report, which examines the average pay of Data Scientists across the world, reasons for leaving current employers, ideal locations to live and work in, the most common and desirable areas of research/projects and more. Only 5 mins to complete.
Data Scientist, Hiring, Salary, Survey
- 3 Key Trends Shaping the 2017 Data Science Hiring Market - Jun 23, 2017.
Interesting finding include: salaries for early career data scientists decrease for the first time in four years, percent of early career data scientists with a PhD drops - read more for details.
Burtch Works, Data Scientist, Hiring, Salary
- Data Scientists vs Data Analysts – Part 1 - Nov 11, 2016.
With employers trying to keep up with current data science trends, are data scientists just renamed data analysts? Part 1 of an investigation focuses on the top level numbers and pretty visualisations to highlight key differences.
Career, Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Salary
- Data Scientist Pay and Location: Indeed’s Tech Salary Report Overview - Sep 14, 2016.
An overview of Indeed.com's 2016 Tech Salary Report, and summary details of top cities for data-centric professions vis-a-vis adjusted salary.
Data Science, Data Scientist, indeed, Report, Salary
- 2016’s Best Places for Data Scientist Jobs - Jul 15, 2016.
Get the info on the Best Places in the U.S. for Data Scientist Jobs with GoodCall's new data-driven report.
Advice, Career, Data Science, Data Scientist, Salary
- Data Scientist Salaries by City, Analyzed - May 27, 2016.
This post will provide a quick overview the current state of Data Scientist salaries in the US, and performs some data analysis in concert with some additional data.
Data Scientist, Salary
- The Data Science Market: 2016 Compensation Insights - May 23, 2016.
Burtch Works shares the annual update to their highly regarded data science salary report series. This year's report details the compensation and demographic data on 374 data scientists.
Burtch Works, Data Science, Salary
- How Much do Analytics Salaries Increase when Changing Jobs? - May 4, 2016.
A data-informed analysis of analytics career salaries and their increase when changing jobs.
Analytics, Burtch Works, Career, Salary
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n04, Feb 3: Is Deep Learning Overhyped? Businesses Will Need 1M Data Scientists - Feb 3, 2016.
New Poll: Deep Learning - does reality match the hype?; Is Deep Learning Overhyped?; Businesses Will Need One Million Data Scientists by 2018; KDnuggets New Responsive, Mobile-Friendly Design.
About KDnuggets, Apache Spark, Hype, Mobile, Salary, TensorFlow
- Details on First Data Science Job Salary - Jan 29, 2016.
A person new to the Data Science field details their salary and the negotiation process.
Pages: 1 2
Advice, Career, Data Science, Jobs, Salary
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 27 – Nov 02: A Framework for Distributed Deep Learning Layer Design in Python - Nov 3, 2015.
A Framework for Distributed #DeepLearning Layer Design in Python; SQL vs. NoSQL- What You Need to Know; Great Tutorial: A Neural Network in 11 lines of #Python; Data Scientist - 2nd Best IT and Engineering Job.
Deep Learning, NoSQL, Python, Salary, SQL
- 2015 Updated Analytics Compensation and Demographics - Oct 21, 2015.
Burtch Works Study recently released updated salaries and demographic information on 1,757 Predictive Analytics Professionals (PAPs) across the US which include the work experience, residency, education and etc.
Burtch Works, Data Science, Salary
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Oct 6 and beyond - Oct 5, 2015.
Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science - Oct 6 and beyond, Preventing a Big Data Letdown, Compensation of Predictive Analytics Professionals, Predictive Workforce Playbook, Fraud Detection, Optimizing the Data Lake, and more.
Data Lakes, Fraud Detection, Salary, Workforce Analytics
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 22-28: 8 Great Examples of Complex Data Viz; 2015 Data Science Salary Survey - Sep 30, 2015.
8 Great Examples of Complex #DataViz; @OReillyMedia 2015 #DataScience #Salary Survey - use the model to estimate your salary; The Master #Algorithm - new, excellent book by top #MachineLearning researcher Pedro Domingos.
Data Visualization, Salary
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n30, Sep 16: 60+ Free Books on Big Data, Data Science; Analytics Jobs Length; Salary by Role - Sep 16, 2015.
60+ Free Books on Big Data, Data Science, Data Mining, ML; Top 20 Data Science MOOCs; Data Scientists don't stay long in their jobs; Salaries by Roles in Data Science and BI.
Boston, Data Science Education, Free ebook, MA, MOOC, Salary
- Salaries by Roles in Data Science and Business Intelligence - Sep 9, 2015.
Data Scientist is the hottest role. What's next? We present national average salaries, job title progression in career, job trends and skills for popular job titles in Data Science & Business Intelligence. Check out the salaries of related roles.
Business Intelligence, Data Science, Data Science Skills, Data Scientist, Salary, Trends
- R Programming: Who, Where and What - Aug 11, 2015.
The “sexiest job” has the sexiest demand, and R is one of their leading weapons. Here, we are trying to capture how these unicorns are distributed, and also where you can move if you want to have great opportunities.
India, Programming, R, Salary, USA
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 2-8: Starting salaries for #DataScientists have gone north of $200,000 - Jun 9, 2015.
Starting salaries for #DataScientists have gone north of $200K; Top 20 #Python #MachineLearning #OpenSource Projects; Neural Networks and Deep Learning, free online book (draft); #Airbnb announces #Aerosolve, an #OpenSource #MachineLearning #software package.
AirBnB, Free ebook, Machine Learning, Open Source, Python, Salary
- How To Become a Data Scientist And Get Hired - May 1, 2015.
A data scientist should be able to choose the right technology, understand the business context and solve a wide range of problems. To hire the the right data scientist, check the tips list in the post.
Business, Data Scientist, Hiring, Salary
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 2-8: 6 categories in the Hadoop Ecosystem; How PayPal uses Deep Learning to fight fraud - Mar 9, 2015.
How #PayPal uses #DeepLearning and detective work to fight #fraud; Beginning #deeplearning with 500 lines of Julia; Processing frameworks for Hadoop and 6 categories in the #Hadoop Ecosystem; KDnuggets Poll results: #Analytics, #DataMining, #DataScience salary income by region.
Anomaly Detection, Deep Learning, Hadoop, Julia, Netflix, PayPal, Poll, Salary
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n07, Mar 4: Analytics/Data Science Salaries; Machine Learning Flaws; Strata Highlights - Mar 4, 2015.
Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science salary survey by region and role; Strata + Hadoop World 2015 San Jose - Highlights; All Machine Learning Models Have Flaws; Interview: Ted Dunning, MapR on The Real Meaning of Real-Time in Big Data, and more.
Deep Learning, Hadoop, Machine Learning, Poll, Salary, Strata, Ted Dunning
- Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science professionals well compensated - Mar 3, 2015.
US, Canada, and Australian analytics professionals are paid the most, with US/Canada Industry Data Science Managers earning on average $177K, Industry Data Scientists $126K, Academic Researchers $119K, and Data Analysts $86K.
Asia, Australia, Canada, Data Scientist, Europe, Manager, Poll, Salary, USA
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 23-25: Microsoft is building fast, low-power Deep Learning networks; Lucrative tech careers: Data Scientist, Data Engineer - Feb 26, 2015.
5 lucrative tech careers in 2015: Data Scientist ($150K), Data Engineer ($148K); Which SQL on Hadoop? Gartner Poll Still Says "Whatever" But DBMS Providers Gain; 10 Most-Funded #BigData #Startups; DataRPM 8 runs in #Hadoop, uses #MachineLearning to find insights.
Big Data, Data Engineer, Data Scientist, DataRPM, Hadoop, Salary, SQL, Startups, Trevor Hastie
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n05, Feb 11: Annual Salary Poll; 10 things statistics teaches about Big Data; Data Science Jargon - Feb 11, 2015.
KDnuggets Annual Analytics/Data Science salary poll; 10 things statistics taught us about big data analysis; Data Science's Most Used, Confused, and Abused Jargon; Top 30 people in Big Data and Analytics; and more news, software, opinions, interviews, webcasts, courses, jobs, academic, publications, top tweets, and CFP.
Big Data Influencers, Data Science Jargon, Deep Learning, Facebook, Poll, Salary, Statistics
- KDnuggets Annual Poll: Analytics/Data Science/Data Mining income/salary, role, and employment - Feb 11, 2015.
Please vote in KDnuggets annual poll on analytics / data science / data mining field income/salary vs analytic role and employment. We will analyze and publish the results.
Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Poll, Salary
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 28-29: Top open source web crawlers for data mining; Listen to Edward Tufte, guru of Data Visualization - Jan 30, 2015.
Useful list: Top 50 open source web #crawlers for data mining; Listen to Edward Tufte, guru of Data #Visualization, on how to see data; Not too sexy: Data Scientist is only n. 9 in Glassdoor 10 best jobs; When not analyzing #BigData, I am enjoying the Big Snow.
About Gregory Piatetsky, Crawler, Data Scientist, Data Visualization, Edward Tufte, Salary, Skiing
- Predictions: 2015 Analytics and Data Science Hiring Market - Jan 13, 2015.
Thanks to Big Data, analytics have become inescapable. Forget the C-Suite if you’re not a Data Geek, recruiting for startups gets harder, analytics salary bands get a lift, and more 2015 predictions.
Apache Spark, Burtch Works, Data Science, Hiring, MOOC, Predictions for 2015, Salary, Startups
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 7-14: Google new CAPTCHA trains #AI; Random Forests, SVM give best results - Dec 15, 2014.
Which one is the bunny? Google new CAPTCHA bot-trap trains #AI; O'Reilly Data Scientist Salary and Tools Survey 2014; Microsoft brings the power of #MachineLearning to Office Online; 10 Data Science Newsletters to Subscribe to.
CAPTCHA, Data Science Skills, Google, Machine Learning, Microsoft, random forests algorithm, Salary, SVM
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 10-11: Which one is the bunny? Google new CAPTCHA trains AI; Big Data in 2015: Security, #IoT, data markets - Dec 12, 2014.
Which one is the bunny? Google new CAPTCHA trains #AI; Data Scientist Salary/Tools Survey finds #BigData scientists earn more; Microsoft brings the power of #MachineLearning to Office Online; Visual Sentiment Analysis: Researchers train #NeuralNets to rate images for #Happiness.
AI, Big Data Market, CAPTCHA, Google, Image Recognition, Microsoft, Salary
- Australia Analytics Professionals Skills and Salary Report - Dec 10, 2014.
The Institute of Analytics Professionals has published a report showing that in Australia data science recruitment is challenging, salaries are high, social analytics is hot, and there are business challenges that analysts face.
Australia, Data Science Skills, Salary, Skills, Social Analytics
- Top KDnuggets tweets last week, Dec 1-7: Hilarious ! If programming languages were vehicles; Big Data Scientists have the highest salaries - Dec 8, 2014.
Hilarious! If programming languages were vehicles; Data Scientists who know #BigData tools have the highest salaries; How Google "Translates" Pictures Into Words Using #DeepLearning; Scary! Change in temperature in Netherlands over the last century.
Apache Spark, Deep Learning, Google, Image Recognition, Programming Languages, Salary
- Data Scientist: Owning Up to the Title - Dec 5, 2014.
Regardless of how Data Science or Data Scientist is defined, if you are going to use the word "scientist" in your title, you are going to be held accountable for it.
Career, Data Science Skills, Data Scientist, Salary, Sean McClure
- To Hire Quants, Fix Your Hiring Process - Nov 7, 2014.
Hiring talented quants requires an up-to-date hiring process including components like competitive salaries, special bonuses, expedient timelines, and that extra special touch to make your company stand out to quality candidates.
Analytics Team, Burtch Works, Competition, Hiring, Salary
- Salaries in IT – Scrape, refine, and plot case study - Oct 11, 2014.
Very good case study, showing how to scrape with import.io, refine with OpenRefine, and plot with Plot.ly. Also learn about salaries vs age in Belgium.
Belgium, Data Preparation, Data Visualization, import.io, OpenRefine, Plotly, Salary
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 28-29: Data Scientists are among the highest-paid professions - Jul 30, 2014.
Data Scientists are among the highest-paid professions; Top countries with $1B Internet firms; Key paper on #DeepLearning: Dropout; KDnuggets Free Pass to Strata Conference + Hadoop World, New York.
Data Scientist, Deep Learning, Internet firms, Salary, Strata
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 14-15: 5 R training programs; Making sense of text analytics - Jul 16, 2014.
Top 10 KDnuggets tweets, July 14-15: 5 R training programs; Making sense of text analytics; Watch: Machine Learning Summer School Pittsburgh 2014; US "Data Scientist" average salary up over 10%, to $112K.
Data Scientist, Machine Learning, R, Salary, Text Analytics
- Cartoon: Data Scientist Salary Negotiation - Apr 29, 2014.
New KDnuggets Cartoon looks at Data Scientist Salary Negotiation situation.
Cartoon, Data Scientist, Hadoop, Salary
- Big Data Leads Top Paying Skills - Apr 29, 2014.
Big Data related skills led the list of top paying technical skills (six-figure salaries) in 2013. Several other useful insights are available in the Dice Tech Survey Report, available for free download.
Big Data, Career, Dice, R, Report, Salary, Skills
- Top stories for Apr 20-26 - Apr 27, 2014.
Elusive Data Scientists Driving High Salaries; Data Workflows for Machine Learning; New Book: Social Media Mining - free PDF download; Microsoft Expands Big Data Platform.
Data Scientist, Machine Learning, Microsoft, Paco Nathan, Salary, Social Media Analytics
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 21-22 - Apr 23, 2014.
Sweet! Chocolate Consumption strongly correlated to Nobel Prizes; Cheat Sheets for Data Scientists; New Book: Social Media Mining - free PDF download; Elusive Data Scientists Driving High Salaries.
Cheat Sheet, Chocolate, Microsoft, Nobel, Salary, Social Media Analytics
- Elusive Data Scientists Driving High Salaries - Apr 21, 2014.
Recent study tracks experience, salary, industry and location of Data scientists, finds they are earning base salaries over $200K. Download free report.
Burtch Works, Data Scientist, free download, Salary, Survey
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 11-13: Influential Data Scientists on Twitter; Data Analytics Handbook – free download - Apr 14, 2014.
Influential Data Scientists on Twitter and what they do now; Data Analytics Handbook - Interviews with Data Scientists and CEO, free download; An Introduction to Deep Learning in Java; #BigData Salaries for Data Analysts, Data Scientists, DBAs
Data Scientist, Deep Learning, free download, Interview, Java, Salary, Twitter
- Top stories for Mar 23-29 - Mar 30, 2014.
Data Scientists Salary Poll: US, Canada, Australia lead; Is Data Scientist the right career path for you? New Book: Practical Data Science with R; Test your numbersense.
Book, Career, Data Scientist, Dell, Numbersense, R, Salary, StatSoft
- KDnuggets 14:n07, Data Scientist Salary; Test your Numbersense; 4 LinkedIn steps - Mar 26, 2014.
Latest Analytics, Big Data, Data science and Data mining news, including Features, Opinions, Software, News Briefs, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings, Jobs, Academic positions, Top Tweets, and CFP .
Daniel Tunkelang, LinkedIn, Numbersense, Salary
- Top stories for Mar 16-22: Machine Learning in 7 Pictures; How Many Data Scientists are out there? - Mar 23, 2014.
Machine Learning in 7 Pictures; How Many Data Scientists are out there? Predictive Analytics Marketplaces; Data Scientist Salary Survey; How Deep Learning Analytics Mimic the Mind.
Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Marketplace, Predictive Analytics, Salary
- Data Scientists Salary Survey: US, Canada, Australia lead - Mar 21, 2014.
Data Scientists Salary Survey shows that industry data scientists are in a sweet spot, especially in US, Canada, and Australia, with average salary $135K. European and Asian data scientists salaries are significantly lower.
Asia, Australia, Canada, Data Scientist, Europe, Industry, Poll, Salary, USA
- KDnuggets Annual Analytics/Data Science Salary/Income Poll - Mar 4, 2014.
KDnuggets 2013 Analytics/Data Science Salary/Income analysis was a top read story of the year. Please vote - anonymously - in 2014 KDnuggets Analytics & Data Science Salary/Income poll - we promise the results will be interesting!
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 15-16: Here is how to call Python from R; US Median Data Scientist salary: $117,500 - Jan 17, 2014.
Here is how to call Python from R; Data Scientist Salary Survey: median salary in US is $117,500; Yann LeCun, Head of Facebook new AI Lab: we are limited only by how many smart people we can find.
Facebook, Python, R, Salary, Yann LeCun