- Analyzing GDPR Fines – who are largest violators? - Mar 6, 2020.
Fines from the GDPR have been rolling in since its inception in 2018. This article investigates who are the largest penalty recipients by country, the amounts, and private individuals.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n04, Jan 29: AutoML: If you try it, you’ll like it more; The Data Science Interview Study Guide - Jan 29, 2020.
AutoML Poll results: if you try it, you'll like it more; The Data Science Interview Study Guide; What Do Data Scientists in Europe Do & How Much Are They Worth?; 2 Questions for a Junior Data Scientist
- What Do Data Scientists in Europe Do & How Much Are They Worth? - Jan 23, 2020.
Interested in knowing what a data scientist is worth in Europe, and what one does? Read this overview of a recent survey on the topic and gain some insight into the European data science professional job market.
- DataTech20 Seeking Speaker Submissions (16 March 2020, Glasgow) - Oct 28, 2019.
DataTech is a one-day conference on 16 Mar 2020, at the Technology and Innovation Centre in Glasgow, focusing on key topics in data science, and welcoming members of industry, academia, and the public sector alike. DataTech provides a forum for these different communities to meet, share knowledge and expertise, and forge new collaborations. We are currently welcoming workshop, talk and poster proposals for the DataTech20 conference.
- Overcoming Deep Learning Stumbling Blocks - Oct 4, 2019.
Find out what was presented at the 6th annual Deep Learning Summit in London where industry leaders, academics, researchers, and innovative startups presenting the latest technological advancements and industry application methods in the field of deep learning.
- A European Approach to Master’s Degrees in Data Science - Oct 1, 2019.
Data science education in Europe has been reevaluated and new recommendations are leading the way to the next generation of data science Master's courses to better support and train students.
- Ethical AI: EU’s New Guidelines and the Future of AI Trustworthiness - May 10, 2019.
The EU has issued a set of guidelines, "Ethics Guidelines for Trustworthy AI" to help tech companies steer towards ethical and inclusive AI as we come to terms with the potential of this technology.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n15, Apr 17: Time Series Forecasting with Neural Nets and LSTM; Why Data Scientists Need To Work In Groups - Apr 17, 2019.
Also: Why Data Scientists Need To Work In Groups; Data Science with Optimus - Intro; Make Your Own Job in Data Science; 2019 Best Masters in Data Science and Analytics - Europe Edition.
- 2019 Best Masters in Data Science and Analytics – Europe Edition - Apr 16, 2019.
We provide an updated list of our comprehensive, unbiased survey of graduate programs in Data Science and Analytics from across Europe.
Pages: 1 2
- Two Predictive Analytics World Events in Europe This Fall - Apr 2, 2019.
Two Predictive Analytics World events are coming to Europe this fall. Join PAW in London, Oct 16-17, and Berlin, Nov 18-19. Use the code KDNUGGETS for a 15% discount.
- AI: Arms Race 2.0 - Mar 12, 2019.
An analysis of the current state of the competition between US, Europe, and China in AI, examining research, patent publications, global datasphere, devices and IoT, people, and more.
- Tribes.ai: Sr Data Scientist [Remote, India / Eastern Europe] - Nov 30, 2018.
Tribes.ai is seeking a Sr Data Scientist to work remotely in India or Eastern Europe, who is passionate about building models, machine learning and data visualization to help us develop and launch a new cutting edge product in the HR Analytics / Human Capital Management (HCM) space.
- How Important is that Machine Learning Model be Understandable? We analyze poll results - Nov 19, 2018.
About 85% of respondents said it was always or frequently important that Machine Learning model be understandable. This was is especially important for academic researchers, and surprisingly more in US/Canada than in Europe or Asia.
- Amazing consistency: Largest Dataset Analyzed / Data Mined – Poll Results and Trends - Oct 29, 2018.
The poll results show amazing consistency to past years, with median answers still in 10-100 gigabytes range. Really Big Data Scientists (100 Petabytes and more) continue to stand apart, but remain small segment where Asian data scientists lead for the first time in this poll.
- A Right to Reasonable Inferences - Oct 1, 2018.
As shown in this paper, individuals are granted little control over how their personal data is used to draw inferences about them. Compared to other types, inferences are effectively ‘economy class’ personal data in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The future of Big Data, Machine Learning and Data Visualization in Europe - Aug 21, 2018.
Learn more about the hottest trends that are shaping the future and beyond at Big Data Summits in London and Barcelona. Deep dive into the topics that will shake up your industry and encourage innovation at your company. Enjoy £250 off all two-day events with code KD250.
- ODSC Europe Schedule Launched + Premium Data Science Training + ODSC West - Jul 24, 2018.
Attend ODSC Europe 2018, London, 19-22 Sept, and get hands-on training from leading data science experts - use code ODSC45 until Fri, July 27, 2018 to save 45%. Also, use code ODSC50 to save 50% on your pass to ODSC West 2018, Oct 31 - Nov 3, San Francisco.
- Europe Data Science Conference – KDnuggets Offer – ends Fri, 8 June - Jun 5, 2018.
Register for ODSC Europe 2018, leading Data Science conference in Europe - best rate ends June 8. Use code KDNuggets to save.
Studies have shown that only 1% or less of total users click on privacy policies, and those that do rarely actually read them. The GDPR requires clear succinct explanations and explicit consent, but that’s not the situation on the ground right now, and it’s hard to see that changing overnight on May 25th.
- What Does GDPR Mean for Machine Learning? - Apr 4, 2018.
This post investigates how the GDPR, which comes into force at the end of May, will effect machine learning.
- Will GDPR Make Machine Learning Illegal? - Mar 14, 2018.
Does GDPR require Machine Learning algorithms to explain their output? Probably not, but experts disagree and there is enough ambiguity to keep lawyers busy.
- 2018 Data Science Salary Survey Report - Jan 31, 2018.
Throughout 2017, we conducted an online salary survey open to a range of data science professionals in order to capture data to help us better understand the market.
- Best Masters in Data Science and Analytics – Europe Edition - Dec 7, 2017.
The third part of our comprehensive, unbiased survey of graduate programs in Data Science and Analytics, examining the programs from Europe.
Pages: 1 2
- How GDPR Affects Data Science - Jul 17, 2017.
Coming European GDPR directive affects data science practice mainly in 3 areas: limits on data processing and consumer profiling, a “right to an explanation” for automated decision-making, and accountability for bias and discrimination in automated decisions.
- What Data You Analyzed – KDnuggets Poll Results and Trends - Apr 26, 2017.
Image/video data analysis is surging, JSON replacing XML, anonymized data usage is growing in US and Europe (but not in Asia), itemsets and Twitter analysis is declining - some of the highlights of KDnuggets Poll on data types used.
- Largest Dataset Analyzed Poll shows surprising stability, more junior Data Scientists - Nov 8, 2016.
The majority (57%) of respondents only worked with Gigabyte range data. More junior Data Scientists enter the market, but Petabyte Big Data Scientists still stand apart.
- European Machine Intelligence Landscape - Oct 18, 2016.
This post outlines the European machine intelligence landscape, which, until recently, has been under-appreciated in its contribution to the innovation and commercialisation of machine intelligence technologies.
- Apache: Big Data Europe (Nov. 14-16) – Leading Event for Big Data Technologists - Oct 13, 2016.
Apache: Big Data Europe (Nov 14-16, Seville, Spain) will gather together the Apache projects, people and technologies working in Big Data, ubiquitous computing and data engineering and science to educate, collaborate and connect. Register by Nov 3 to save over $250!
- Who do I call if I want to call Europe? - Feb 17, 2016.
Despite all obstacles, Europe built not only the biggest world economy but also a special place where people are protected like nowhere else on the planet. Here is a tiny EU programme that played a key role.
- Poll Results: Where is Big Data? For most, Largest Dataset Analyzed is in laptop-size GB range - Aug 18, 2015.
A majority of data scientists (56%) work in Gigabyte dataset range. We note a small increase in Petabyte (web-scale) data miners, and a decline in Megabyte data miners. US, Australia/NZ, and Asia lead in percentage of Terabyte and Petabyte analysts.
- Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science professionals well compensated - Mar 3, 2015.
US, Canada, and Australian analytics professionals are paid the most, with US/Canada Industry Data Science Managers earning on average $177K, Industry Data Scientists $126K, Academic Researchers $119K, and Data Analysts $86K.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 16-22: History of Data Science across 5 strands; Most Popular Coding Languages of 2015 - Feb 23, 2015.
History of #DataScience across 5 strands; Most Popular Coding Languages of 2015: #Python 31% ...; #BigData reveals how information travels: 8 clusters in Europe; New Face Detection Algorithm to revolutionize search: finding faces no longer unique to humans.
- Request: Apache UIMA Research Partnership in EU - Jun 11, 2014.
Looking for any EU university department currently working with Apache UIMA developing text analysis software, and interested in research partnership.
- Data Scientists Salary Survey: US, Canada, Australia lead - Mar 21, 2014.
Data Scientists Salary Survey shows that industry data scientists are in a sweet spot, especially in US, Canada, and Australia, with average salary $135K. European and Asian data scientists salaries are significantly lower.