- Monash University: Research Fellow – Computer Vision [Melbourne, Australia] - Aug 9, 2019.
The position requires a passion for research, a proven research track record in computer vision, an ability to work independently as well as lead a team, and a willingness to work on inter-disciplinary research projects and seek external funding. The successful candidate will align with the group goal on building a world-class computer vision team.
- Monash University: Lecturer / Sr Lecturer – Blockchain [Melbourne, Australia] - Jul 29, 2019.
Seeking a Lecturer / Sr Lecturer for the Monash Blockchain Technology Centre (Monash BTC): a visionary enterprise that will bring together world-leading expertise from across Monash to explore, develop and innovate the technology of blockchain, in collaboration with various industry and societal sectors.
- Monash University: Lecturer / Sr Lecturer – Cryptography [Melbourne, Australia] - Jul 29, 2019.
Seeking a Lecturer / Sr Lecturer in Cryptography. The Monash cryptography research team mainly focuses on the following areas: Post-quantum cryptography; Cloud and database security; Zero-knowledge; Privacy-enhanced technologies.
- Monash University: Lecturer / Sr Lecturer – Cybersecurity [Melbourne, Australia] - Jul 29, 2019.
Seeking a Lecturer / Sr Lecturer in Cybersecurity. The Monash cybersecurity research team mainly focuses on 3 key streams of areas; namely: cryptography, blockchain, and interdisciplinary cybersecurity applications.
- Monash University: Lecturers / Senior Lecturers – Digital Health, Image Analytics [Melbourne, Australia] - Jul 19, 2019.
Monash is seeking 2 x Lecturer / Senior Lecturer within the space of Digital Health - Image Analytics. Digital Health is a fascinating cross-university, cross-faculty, multidisciplinary space with enormous practical real-world and societal benefits that draws from and contributes to a multiplicity of research areas.
- Monash University: Academic Opportunities in Dialogue Research [Melbourne, Australia] - Jun 18, 2019.
Seeking outstanding academics who want to join this world-class team to deliver the highest quality teaching and research that will shape the future of AI for conversational assistants, human-robot interaction, customer service, and many other application domains.
- Monash University: Research Fellow Opportunities in Dialogue Research [Melbourne, Australia] - Jun 18, 2019.
Multiple Research Fellow Openings in LDR are available at a Level A and Level B Research Fellow (equivalent to Assistant Professor in North America), with a preference for expertise in the area of natural language processing (semantic parsing, generation), dialogue, planning, plan recognition, and automated reasoning.
- Monash University: Research Fellows, Statistical Learning, Time Series, Relational/Structural Learning [Melbourne, Australia] - Jun 7, 2019.
An exciting opportunity has opened up within the Faculty of Information Technology for three Research Fellows to conduct research into Statistical Learning, Time Series, and Innovative Solutions in collaboration with world class academics.
- Monash University: Research Fellow, Graphical Models [Melbourne, Australia] - May 30, 2019.
An exciting opportunity has opened up within the Faculty of Information Technology for a Research Fellow to conduct research into Graphical Models in collaboration with world class academics.
- Monash University: Research Fellow – Optimisation [Melbourne, Australia] - May 17, 2019.
Seeking an enthusiastic researcher with solid skills in any of the following areas: constraint programming, mixed integer programming, SAT and SAT modulo theories, modelling languages and program analysis, to join an established team working on new approaches to modelling and solving discrete optimisation problems.
- Monash University: Lecturer / Senior Lecturer – Optimisation [Melbourne, Australia] - May 15, 2019.
Seeking outstanding academics to join our world-class team to deliver high-quality teaching and research that will help shape the future of optimisation for energy, transport, health and many other application domains. Positions are available for academics with strong skills in the development and application of techniques discrete optimisation research.
- Monash University: Lecturer / Sr Lecturer in IT for Energy [Melbourne, Australia] - May 14, 2019.
Seeking a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer for our IT for Energy theme. As Monash’s energy research front, Monash Energy Materials and Systems Institute (MEMSI) is focused on developing solutions to enable sustainable generation, storage, distribution, visualisation and end-use of energy.
- Monash U.: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Creative AI) [Melbourne, Australia] - May 9, 2019.
Monash University is seeking a (Senior) Lecturer in Creative AI, to join our high achieving and highly motivated team of teaching and research staff. Apply by 19 May 2019.
- Monash University: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Machine Learning and AI) [Melbourne, Australia] - Apr 28, 2019.
The world-class Data Science and AI Group within the Faculty of Information Technology at Monash University, Clayton is expanding further and is seeking multiple Lecturers / Senior Lecturers in Machine Learning and AI.
- Monash: Research Fellow [Clayton, Australia] - Mar 9, 2019.
The Data Science and AI group is seeking a go-getter Research Fellow to work at the interface of computer science, machine learning and medical research. Apply by April 4, 2019.
- Monash University: Lecturer/Senior Lecturer (Creative AI) [Melbourne, Australia] - Feb 11, 2019.
The Faculty of Information Technology at Monash University is seeking a Lecturer or Senior Lecturer, specialising in Creative AI, to join our high achieving and highly motivated team of teaching and research staff.
- CBH Group: Sr Data Engineer [Perth, Australia] - Dec 14, 2018.
CBH Group is seeking a Sr Data Engineer in Perth, Australia, to take responsibility for the definition, documentation and completion of technical data analysis and delivery.
- CBH Group: Sr Data Scientist [Perth, Australia] - Dec 11, 2018.
CBH Group is seeking a Sr Data Scientist in Perth, Australia. The Senior Data Scientist role will be an integral member of the operations team developing sophisticated decision based algorithmic models.
- CBH Group: Data Scientist [Perth, Australia] - Dec 11, 2018.
CBH Group is seeking a Data Scientist in Perth, Australia. This role will be responsible for developing data driven software solutions to assist decision making across trading desks.
- Monash University: Research Fellow (Bioinformatics) [Melbourne, Australia] - Dec 3, 2018.
Monash University is seeking a Research Fellow (Bioinformatics) in Melbourne, Australia. You will be involved in planning experiments, the final analysis and visualisation of results as well as analysing data from multiple technology platforms.
- Monash University: Lecturer/Sr Lecturer – Digital Health [Melbourne, Australia] - Nov 22, 2018.
The Lecturer/Senior Lecturer will make contributions to the teaching effort of the university, with their research focused on, and provide advice on image analytics processes and methodologies and impacts on staff and patients.
- Monash University: Research Fellow (Digital Civics) [Melbourne, Australia] - Nov 22, 2018.
Collaborate with both doctoral students and academics in the planning and execution of the program of action research into how digital technologies can facilitate access to employment and information law.
- Monash University: Academic Opportunities in Dialogue Research [Melbourne, Australia] - Oct 25, 2018.
Monash University is seeking to fill multiple academic opportunities in Dialogue Research in Melbourne, Australia: Level B Lecturer (equivalent to Assistant Professor in North America), Level C Senior Lecturer (equivalent to Associate Professor in North America).
- Monash University: Research Fellow – AI Optimisation Group (Melbourne, Australia) - Aug 16, 2018.
Seeking an enthusiastic researcher with solid skills in any of the following areas: constraint programming, mixed integer programming, SAT and SAT modulo theories, modelling languages and program analysis.
- Monash: Research Fellow Opportunities in Dialogue Research (Melbourne, Australia) - Aug 9, 2018.
We are inviting outstanding postdoctoral academics to join our world-class team to deliver high-quality research that will help shape the future of AI for conversational assistants, human-robot interaction, customer service, and other domains.
- AI and ML Day in Australia with Alteryx, Tableau, Amazon, Snowflake, Commonwealth Bank, and IAPA - Aug 8, 2018.
Key information regarding The Alteryx Analytics Revolution Summit roadshow in Australia, including dates, guest speakers, livestream information and how you can register for the roadshow closest to you.
- Monash University: Research Fellow – AI Optimisation Group - Jun 28, 2018.
Seeking an enthusiastic researcher with solid skills in any of the following areas: constraint programming, mixed integer programming, SAT and SAT modulo theories, modelling languages and program analysis, to work on new approaches to modelling and solving discrete optimisation problems.
- Monash U: Lecturer/Sr Lecturer (IT Data Science) - May 28, 2018.
Seeking a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer to join our high achieving and highly motivated team of teaching and research staff. Applicants with a track record of high impact research and teaching in machine learning or advanced analytics are encouraged to apply.
- Monash U: Lecturer/Sr Lecturer Digital Health - May 28, 2018.
Seeking up to 6 exceptional academics to take an active role in the Digital Health agenda. These will be continuing level B/C teaching and research positions (equivalent to tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor).
- Monash University: Professor / Associate Professor in Creative Technologies - Apr 18, 2018.
Seeking an Associate Professor or Professor in Creative Technologies to take a leading role in building the research profile of the lab including teaching and service within the Faculty of Information Technology.
- RMIT University: Research Fellow - Apr 17, 2018.
Seeking a candidate to support the research aims of developing and evaluating multi-stage search engines. The appointee will help develop novel indexing / querying techniques and create new ranking algorithms for web-scale data collections.
- University of Technology Sydney: PhD Research Studentships - Feb 22, 2018.
Seeking fully funded PhD research studentship candidates to work on a number of exciting projects, and gain a diverse experience of both academic and commercial environments for which the AAi is very well known.
- Hear from leading thinkers in Analytics and Data Science at Data Day 2018, Australia - Feb 11, 2018.
The one-day conference includes 16 sessions across dedicated streams focusing on data and analytics, technology, customer experience & marketing strategy: Melbourne 23 Feb, Sydney 26 Feb.
- Western Sydney University: Professor or Associate Professor in Data Science - Jan 16, 2018.
Seeking to appoint a Professor or Associate Professor in Data Science to join the University’s School of Computing, Engineering and Mathematics.
- Best Masters in Data Science and Analytics – Asia and Australia Edition - Dec 14, 2017.
The fourth edition of our comprehensive, unbiased survey on graduate degrees in Data Science and Analytics from around the world.
- Chief Data & Analytics Officer Sydney, Mar 20-22, KDnuggets Offer - Nov 21, 2017.
Chief Data & Analytics Officer Sydney event has assembled an outstanding speaker line up to address all things data and analytics. Special KDnuggets discount.
- Monash: Research Fellow – Blockchain - Oct 31, 2017.
Seeking research fellows to work on a project about post-quantum cryptographic algorithms in blockchain. Selected candidates will have a unique opportunity to work closely with an international team of key researchers located in Hong Kong and Shanghai.
- Monash: Academic Opportunities in Information Technology - Oct 12, 2017.
Monash is currently recruiting in the areas of Data Science (including artificial intelligence, machine learning, modelling, optimisation and data visualisation), Computer Systems (including networks, cloud computing, internet of things, software engineering and cybersecurity), and IT for Energy (computer scientists working on applications in energy).
- IAPA National Conference on “Advancing Analytics,” October 18, Melbourne - Oct 9, 2017.
Only three weeks until the IAPA National Conference "Advancing Analytics", October 18, Melbourne - don't miss this one-day to get up-to-date, meet with peers and hear from global leaders. KDNuggets readers receive a further 10% off full priced tickets, simply use the code ‘AAKDNUGGETS10’ at checkout.
- IAPA National Conference Advancing Analytics, Melbourne, October 18 - Sep 27, 2017.
Only three weeks until the IAPA National Conference "Advancing Analytics", October 18, Melbourne - don't miss this one-day to get up-to-date, meet with peers and hear from global leaders.
- Advancing Analytics, Melbourne, October 18 – Early bird extended - Sep 13, 2017.
IAPA National Conference in Melbourne on 18 October will be a fantastic day with another five speakers just announced. Early bird rates have been extended to Sep 20 or become IAPA member and save even more.
- Monash University: Research Fellow in Time Series Classification - Aug 9, 2017.
Looking for an outstanding Research Fellow to work with Prof Geoff Webb and Dr Francois Petitjean at Monash Data Science. 18-month appointment - attractive remuneration.
- Advancing Analytics, Melbourne, Oct 18: real-world analytics, data science substance behind the hype - Aug 8, 2017.
Join IAPA on 18 October in Melbourne to hear international experts share insights behind machine learning, data science and analytics; listen to local experts explain how they’ve used data to change their business. Get super early bird rates or become IAPA member and save even more.
- Become an active part of the analytics community - Jul 11, 2017.
Invest in your career with IAPA Individual Membership and become an active part of the analytics community.
- Analytics Professionals: Get recognised, further your career, reduce your tax - Jun 18, 2017.
You can be recognised for your skills in data analytics in just six weeks by IAPA. Act before 30 June and claim the cost of the IAPA-certified via credential as a tax deduction.
- Get your skills recognised. Get IAPA-certified in Data Analytics - May 30, 2017.
For those analytics professionals who want to prove their worth to the business, an IAPA-Certified via Credential not only recognises your skills but also helps you be the outlier.
- Stand out in the analytics crowd by getting IAPA-certified in Data Analytics - Apr 30, 2017.
Introduced by IAPA, the largest analytics association in Australia, the Credential recognises analytics skills and capabilities benchmarked to global industry standards. Learn how to apply and be certified.
- Join CommBank to push the boundaries of what is, and what could be - Mar 30, 2017.
CommBank, Australia leading bank, is searching for smarter, faster and better solutions. Which is why we're investing in people like you. Talented analytics professionals ready for the next step in their career.
- Exclusive: Interview with Jeremy Howard on Deep Learning, Kaggle, Data Science, and more - Jan 14, 2017.
My exclusive interview with rock star Data Scientist Jeremy Howard, on his latest Deep Learning course, what is needed for success in Kaggle, how Enlitic is transforming medical diagnostics, and what Data Scientists should do to create value for their organization.
- Monash University: Graphics Software Specialist - Oct 3, 2016.
Identify and install existing software packages, and develop bespoke application programs to support ambitious and innovative research, outreach and industrial engagement projects making use of the CAVE2 or other MIVP systems (e.g. 3D-ALIVE).
- Advancing Analytics Conference, Melbourne, Australia, 6 October – Don’t Miss Out - Sep 25, 2016.
Big data, AI, predictive analytics, business transformation… for all things analytics, join us on 6 Oct 2016 to hear from leading thinkers at the 2016 IAPA Australian National Conference, Advancing Analytics. Book your ticket today.
- Advancing Analytics Conference, Melbourne, Australia, 6 October – New Speakers - Sep 15, 2016.
The 2016 IAPA Australian National Conference, Advancing Analytics on 6 October, helps you to get up-to-speed with global advances and experiences from the brightest analytics minds globally and locally. Book your ticket today.
- IAPA National Conference: Advancing Analytics 2016 - Aug 22, 2016.
At IAPA Advancing Analytics event you can meet and hear from the leading global and local thinkers on big data, predictive analytics, machine learning, sentiment analysis, IoT, and more. Early bird ends 25 August, so get your ticket now.
- Academic/Research positions in Business Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning in July 2016 - Aug 2, 2016.
Director for the Institute for CyberScience at Penn State, Research Fellow - Data Science at Monash U; Postdocs at UTSW; PhD positions at TU/E Netherlands, Leiden U Netherlands, Ningbo China.
- Monash University: Applied Data Science Research Position - Jul 23, 2016.
Play a critical role working with the staff and students of the faculty to conduct joint research with external industry and research partners applying advanced data analytics to solve scientific and industrial problems.
- Chief Data & Analytics Officer Forum, Melbourne, Australia, 5-7 September - May 10, 2016.
The CDAO Forum in Melbourne, 5-7 Sep 2016 will bring over 150 leading data and analytics executives from the region to share their insights on how to develop the infrastructure, ecosystem, buy-in, and culture to use data to drive business advantage. Get KDnuggets discount with code CDAOMKDN.
- ADMA Data Day – The Force Awakens: Sydney (Apr 27), Melbourne (Apr 29) - Apr 21, 2016.
Exciting addition to Data Day: CMO of The Walt Disney Company Australia/New Zealand will speak about re-igniting the iconic Star Wars brand, and how his team used insights to target marketing activities to a broad range of consumers, leading up to the launch of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- ADMA Data Day, Sydney (Apr 27), Melbourne (Apr 29) - Apr 7, 2016.
if you are an analyst working within or supporting the marketing department or advising senior decision makers, you'll definitely want to attend ADMA Data Day - Sydney, April 27 or Melbourne, April 29.
- ADMA Data Day, Apr 27 Sydney, Apr 29 Melbourne, Australia - Feb 9, 2016.
ADMA Data Day brings together international and local leaders in the data and marketing spaces - the perfect event for those analysts that advise senior decision makers or work within a marketing department.
- Poll Results: Where is Big Data? For most, Largest Dataset Analyzed is in laptop-size GB range - Aug 18, 2015.
A majority of data scientists (56%) work in Gigabyte dataset range. We note a small increase in Petabyte (web-scale) data miners, and a decline in Megabyte data miners. US, Australia/NZ, and Asia lead in percentage of Terabyte and Petabyte analysts.
- 84 upcoming August – February Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science - Aug 4, 2015.
Coming soon: KDD-2015, HP Big Data Conf, Scala by the Bay, Global Big Data Conference, Big Data Innovation East, Cypher 2015, Boston Data Festival, and many more.
- IAPA Informed Australia roadshow with Data Scientist Patrick Hall - Aug 4, 2015.
In 3 sessions in Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra (tickets free, but seats are limited), SAS Data Scientist Patrick Hall will provide an inspiring look into his team machine learning research and how it applies to industry.
- CIKM Machine Learning Competition 2015 - Jul 27, 2015.
CIKM 2015 competition is focused on Australian Football league (AFL), and predicting outcomes of future AFL matches using machine learning techniques based on historical data on teams, players and their performances.
- IAPA Challenge the Chief Analytics Event, Sydney, Aug 4 - Jul 15, 2015.
Senior analytics professionals to be challenged by young guns in inaugural 'Challenge the Chief' event at IAPA national conference, Aug 4, Sydney, Australia.
- 70+ upcoming July – December Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science - Jul 2, 2015.
Coming soon: Sentiment Analysis (NYC), TDWI The Analytics Experience (Boston), KDD-2015 (Sydney), Scala by the Bay, Global Big Data Conference (Santa Clara), Big Data Innovation Summit, and more.
- KDD-2015, Sydney, August 10-12, Early Bird Reg Deadline June 30 - Jun 19, 2015.
KDD-2015, the premier international forum for data science, data mining, knowledge discovery and big data research and practice, will feature plenary presentations, paper presentations, poster sessions, workshops, tutorials, exhibits, and the KDD Cup competition. Early bird deadline is June 30.
- Advancing Analytics – Global Analytics Leaders to Speak in Sydney, Aug 4 - Jun 18, 2015.
Seven global analytics leaders will talk in Sydney at Advancing Analytics 2015, on coping with 20 petabytes of data/year, sentiment analytics to understand customers, machine learning and IoT impact on the analytics industry, and more.
- Advancing Analytics 2015, Sydney, Australia, August 4, 2015 - Jun 15, 2015.
Hear from the leading thinkers on the analytics that drives business. The Institute of Analytics Professionals of Australia (IAPA) annual event features CERN, Barclays Bank, Fonterra, Oxford University, GILT, CISCO and Dstillery, Aug 4 - a week before KDD-15.
- 77 upcoming June – December 2015 Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science - Jun 3, 2015.
Coming soon: Predictive Analytics World and Manufacturing Chicago, Spark Summit, In-Memory Computing Summit 2015, TDWI The Analytics Experience, KDD-2015 (Sydney), and more.
- Datalicious: Head of Analytics - May 26, 2015.
Demonstrate your leadership by managing your own team of analysts in a fast paced and rewarding environment.
- Datalicious: Analytics Sales Engineer (Sydney) - May 20, 2015.
Take ownership of technical sales for creating analytics-based solutions for customers, including technical qualification, presentations, demonstrations, and running performance test.
- Datalicious: Analytics Project Manager (Sydney) - May 20, 2015.
Experienced Project Manager with track record in managing digital and technical projects with a solid understanding of data/analytics concepts to join our Sydney office.
- R vs Python, why each is better - May 19, 2015.
A report on a free-wheeling Australian meetup discussing "Why R is Better" and "Why Python is Better". What do you think?
- Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science professionals well compensated - Mar 3, 2015.
US, Canada, and Australian analytics professionals are paid the most, with US/Canada Industry Data Science Managers earning on average $177K, Industry Data Scientists $126K, Academic Researchers $119K, and Data Analysts $86K.
- UWS (U. of Western Sydney): Manager, eResearch - Feb 19, 2015.
Embed eResearch across the research lifecycle as an essential component of research; enhance, develop, promote and support the eResearch capabilities within UWS. Apply by Mar 4.
- KDD-2015 Call for Papers, Workshop proposals - Jan 26, 2015.
ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining(KDD) 2015 will be held in Sydney, Australia during August 10-13, 2015. KDD invites submissions of research papers, practice track papers, workshop proposals.
- KDD-2015 Call for Papers, Workshop Proposals - Dec 23, 2014.
KDD-2015, the premier research conference on Data Mining and Data Science, invites submissions of research papers, practice track papers, workshop proposals.
- Australia Analytics Professionals Skills and Salary Report - Dec 10, 2014.
The Institute of Analytics Professionals has published a report showing that in Australia data science recruitment is challenging, salaries are high, social analytics is hot, and there are business challenges that analysts face.
- Monash: Lecturer (Data Science) - Sep 13, 2014.
Come work on research/teaching in the world's most livable city (4 times running)
with the strongest academic machine learning team in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Data Scientists Salary Survey: US, Canada, Australia lead - Mar 21, 2014.
Data Scientists Salary Survey shows that industry data scientists are in a sweet spot, especially in US, Canada, and Australia, with average salary $135K. European and Asian data scientists salaries are significantly lower.
- U. of Melbourne: Postdoc in Data Mining - Mar 17, 2014.
The position requires a PhD, with research experience in data mining and high quality publications. Expertise in graph mining and time series mining is also desirable.