- The Potential of Predictive Analytics in Labor Industries - Sep 22, 2020.
Predictive analytics isn't just for white-collar work. Check out these five examples that show its potential in blue-collar jobs and industries as well.
- State of the Machine Learning and AI Industry - Apr 16, 2020.
Enterprises are struggling to launch machine learning models that encapsulate the optimization of business processes. These are now the essential components of data-driven applications and AI services that can improve legacy rule-based business processes, increase productivity, and deliver results. In the current state of the industry, many companies are turning to off-the-shelf platforms to increase expectations for success in applying machine learning.
- Research into 1,001 Data Scientist LinkedIn Profiles, the latest - Mar 31, 2020.
What makes a data scientist today? Consider this review of data collected from three years worth of data scientist LinkedIn profiles to gain insight into how this important new career path is shaping up.
- Exploring the Adoption of Python in the Workplace – Free Metis Corporate Training Webinar - Mar 18, 2020.
Metis will break down Python for data science and analytics, explain what is driving adoption in the field, and discuss how industries and companies are reacting to the shift.
- Learning from 3 big Data Science career mistakes - Feb 25, 2020.
Thinking of data science as merely a technical profession, like programming, may take you away from your goals. We explain big mistakes to avoid, including not understanding the 2 cultures of statistics, and not understanding the shift to industrial focus.
- Industry AI, Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science Predictions for 2020 - Dec 16, 2019.
Predictions for 2020 from a dozen innovative companies in AI, Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science, and Data industry.
- How to Showcase the Impact of Your Data Science Work - Jul 10, 2019.
You're a Data Scientist -- or preparing to land your first job -- and communicating your work to others, especially employers, so they understand your impact is essential. These five tips will help you help others appreciate your data science.
- How Data Science Is Used Within the Film Industry - Jul 5, 2019.
As Data Science is becoming pervasive across so many industries, Hollywood is certainly not being left behind. Learn about how Big Data, analytics, and AI are now core drivers of the movies we watch and how we watch them.
- Who is a typical Data Scientist in 2019? - Mar 11, 2019.
We investigate what a typical data scientist looks like and see how this differs from this time last year, looking at skill set, programming languages, industry of employment, country of employment, and more.
- Where Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning Were Applied: Trends and Analysis - Mar 7, 2019.
CRM/Consumer analytics, health care, banking, finance, and science were the top sectors in 2018. The greatest increases were in mobile apps, investment, security, entertainment, and social policy, while fraud detection, retail, advertising, direct marketing, and social media saw the greatest declines.
Pages: 1 2
- How AI and Data Science is Changing the Utilities Industry - Jan 22, 2019.
Together, artificial intelligence (AI) and data science are causing positive developments for the utilities providers that choose to investigate these things. Here are some examples of technology at work.
- Industry Predictions: AI, Machine Learning, Analytics & Data Science Main Developments in 2018 and Key Trends for 2019 - Dec 18, 2018.
This is a collection of data science, machine learning, analytics, and AI predictions for next year from a number of top industry organizations. See what the insiders feel is on the horizon for 2019!
- 3 Challenges for Companies Tackling Data Science - Nov 26, 2018.
From new technology to workflows, we outline three of the more common problems and how businesses can overcome them.
- What is Web Scraping and Why You Should Learn It? - Sep 10, 2018.
Introducing Octoparse - a sleek, powerful and easy-to-use software that makes web scraping from any websites achievable for most people, including non-coders.
- Future of Mining Americas 2018, 29-30 Oct 2018, Denver - Aug 2, 2018.
This event connects C-suite, Heads and Managers of Mine Operations and Mining Equipment, Technology and Services providers to debate and define the future mining landscape on a strategic level. Special KDnuggets discount.
- Products for Product People: Best Practices in Analytics, July 24 Webinar - Jul 19, 2018.
Learn product analytics best practices and the "meta" perspective from a practitioner who is building products that anybody, including product managers, can use to access, analyze, and act on data to make important decisions.
- Onboarding Your Machine Learning Program - Apr 12, 2018.
Machine Learning's popularity is continuing to grow and has engraved itself in pretty much every industry. This article contains lessons from a data scientist on how to unlock it's full potential.
- Where Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning Were Applied: Trends and Analysis - Apr 9, 2018.
CRM/Consumer Analytics, Finance, and Banking are still the leading applications, but Health Care and Fraud Detection are gaining. Anti-spam, Manufacturing, and Social are the fastest growing sectors in 2017, while Oil / Gas / Energy and Social Networks analysis have declined.
Pages: 1 2
- Strata London, 21-24 May – KDnuggets Special Offer - Mar 29, 2018.
Meet the data industry's leading innovators, hear compelling data case studies, brush up on your technical skills, and get GDPR compliant.
- New KDnuggets Poll: Where did you apply Analytics, Data Science, Machine Learning methods in 2017? - Mar 25, 2018.
Data Science and Machine Learning are applicable very widely, so it is interesting to see how the application areas change. KDnuggets was running this question each year since 2006, so please vote and we will analyze the results and report the trends.
- 5 Things You Need to Know about Big Data - Mar 16, 2018.
We take a look at five things you need to know about Big Data.
- Meet experts in AI & Industrial Automation in San Francisco: Save with KDnuggets - Mar 13, 2018.
This June 18-19, RE-WORK will be returning to San Francisco to host the Deep Learning for Robotics Summit and the AI in Industrial Automation Summit. Save 20% with the code KDNUGGETS
- The 5th AI+Blockchain NEXTCon, Santa Clara, April 10-13, 2018 - Mar 5, 2018.
The 5th AI+Blockchain NEXTCon brings 50+ tech lead speakers from Microsoft, Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Uber, other leading firms to share best practices and solutions in machine learning, deep learning, NLP, Data science, Blockchain and more. Save 30% by Mar 9 with code KDNUGGET100.
- Can I Become a Data Scientist: Research into 1,001 Data Scientist Profiles - Dec 26, 2017.
Results from a survey include: the average data scientist is a male, with median experience on the job is 2 years. He uses R, Python, and SQL. Read for more details.
- Industry Predictions: Main AI, Big Data, Data Science Developments in 2017 and Trends for 2018 - Dec 19, 2017.
Here is a treasure trove of analysis and predictions from 17 leading companies in AI, Big Data, Data Science, and Machine Learning: What happened in 2017 and what will 2018 bring?
- 4 Industries Being Transformed by Machine Learning and Robotics - Aug 15, 2017.
When used in combination with big data and machine learning, both AI and robotics can actively improve over time as they collect more information. You don’t have to look far to see how these technologies have revolutionized the world, and continue to do so.
- Global Big Data Conference, Santa Clara, Aug 29-31 – KDnuggets Offer - Aug 14, 2017.
Global Big Data Conference, a leading vendor agnostic conference for the Big Data community, will hold 5th conference in Santa Clara. Use code KDnuggets to save.
- DataScience: Elevate Live Stream, July 27 - Jul 13, 2017.
Register now for the live stream of DataScience: Elevate, a half-day event featuring data science leaders from Google, Netflix, eHarmony, and other global companies.
- DataScience.com New Update Aims to Be Industry-Leading Enterprise Data Science Platform - May 4, 2017.
DataScience.com’s enterprise data science platform can now be deployed on-premises or in the cloud. New features include scalable infrastructure, intuitive project organization, and task automation.
- Industry Predictions: Key Trends in 2017 - Dec 16, 2016.
With 2017 almost upon us, KDnuggets brings you opinions from industry leaders as to what the relevant and most important 2017 key trends will be.
Pages: 1 2
- Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science were applied in 2016 - Dec 12, 2016.
CRM/Consumer Analytics, Finance, and Banking are still the leading applications, but Anti-spam, Mobile apps, Travel/hospitality grew the most in 2016. Share of Health care, Consumer analytics, and Direct Marketing/ Fundraising data science applications declined for 2 years in a row.
- Industries / Fields where you applied Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science in 2016? - Nov 29, 2016.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: What are the Industries/Fields where you applied Analytics, Data Science, Data Mining in 2016? Please vote and we will publish the analysis and trends.
- Ethical Implications Of Industrialized Analytics - Nov 29, 2016.
Analytics & Big Data will be involved in every aspect of our lives and we should handle the ethical dilemmas wisely to let innovation contribute more to our lives.
- NEW: 6 Hot Career Prospects in Data Science Industry Today - Nov 18, 2016.
You read that Data Scientist is “The Sexiest Job of The 21st Century”, but there are other jobs profiles and opportunities in Data Science – read about these roles, responsibilities, skills, salary prospects and market demand (also pretty sexy!).
Pages: 1 2
- KDD 2016: Watch Talks by Top Data Science Researchers - Nov 17, 2016.
Watch the innovative talks and researches from top researchers in Data Science, presented at KDD 2016, San Francisco conference.
- Inside Industry 4.0: What’s Driving The Fourth Industrial Revolution? - Oct 24, 2016.
In the history of mankind and past three major industrial revolutions, horizontal innovations like wheel, steam engine, electricity and integrated chips have always been the crux of it and they changed the world dramatically. Well, fourth one is on its way! Want to know what’s driving it? Have a read at this crisp article.
- UC Analytics Summit, May 20 - May 9, 2016.
UC Analytics Summit is a day-long immersion into the practice of applying analytic methods to solve real-world problems. Hear seasoned practitioners and thought leaders from 17 of the top companies and organizations.
- University of Cincinnati Analytics Summit, May 20, 2016 - Apr 28, 2016.
The summit will feature 2 leaders in the field as keynote speakers, and 17 companies presenting in the all-day industry tracks focusing on retail and consumer analytics, healthcare analytics, supply chain analytics, finance and insurance analytics and a special "bonus" track.
- Advantages of a Career in Data Science - Apr 23, 2016.
As the rampant growth of data science continues across industries, the opportunities are plenty for both aspiring and expert data scientists. Here is an overview of data science industries, opportunities and work locations.
- Don’t Buy Machine Learning - Mar 28, 2016.
In many projects, the amount of effort spent on R&D on Machine Learning is usually a small fraction of the total effort, or it’s not even there because we plan it for a future phase after building the application first.
- BIG Data Analytics for Industrial Process Improvement April 18-20, Niagara Falls, Canada - Mar 14, 2016.
Using multivariate data analysis, the course will teach you how to improve product quality, increase yield and how to monitor, optimize and control your process.
- The Force Awakens In Data – Industry Leaders Comment - Feb 29, 2016.
While Rey, saw her force come to life in less then 30min, the data industry has been waiting for ‘that’ to happen, for half a decade. However, finally, business-focused analytics and data discovery are on the rise.
Pages: 1 2
- Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science were applied in 2015 - Jan 23, 2016.
Consumer Analytics is still the leading application area for analytics & data mining (although losing its share), followed by Finance, and Banking. Highest growth is in Games, Entertainment/Music, and Social Good/Non-profit applications. 3-year comparison shows surprising stability.
- The future of analytics – top 5 predictions for 2016 - Dec 23, 2015.
Analytics has never been more needed or interesting and the future looks exciting. Top 2016 trends include Machine learning established in the enterprise, Internet of Things hype hits reality, and Big data moves beyond hype to enrich modeling.
- New Poll: Industries/Fields where you applied Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science in 2015? - Dec 21, 2015.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking - where did you apply Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science in 2015? Please vote and we will analyze the results and report on trends and interesting findings.
- KDD 2016 San Francisco Call For Papers | Workshops | Tutorials | KDD Cup - Dec 5, 2015.
22nd ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining invites submissions for research papers, applied data science papers, proposals for workshops and tutorials, and nominations and ideas for the prestigious KDD CUP contest. See deadlines and details.
- Interview: Michael Li, Data Incubator on Bridging the Data Science Skills Gap between Academia and Industry - Apr 21, 2015.
We discuss the response from hiring companies, recommendations for aspirants, retaining data science talent, advice, and more.
- Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science is applied - Dec 9, 2014.
CRM/Consumer analytics, Banking, and Health care are the most popular industries, but also joined by new sectors including Oil / Gas / Energy, Automotive, and HR/workforce analytics.
- New Poll: Industries where you applied analytics / data mining in 2014? - Nov 17, 2014.
New KDnuggets Poll is asking: where did you apply analytics / data mining in 2014? Please vote and we will analyze, compare, and publish the results.
- Exclusive Interview: Imran Siddiqi, SAP on Why the Business needs Ambitious Big Data Use Cases - Sep 13, 2014.
We discuss the selection and tracking of use cases, key points for designing a sustainable information architecture, the need for ambitious use cases, SAP's competitive differentiation, and more.
- Big Data Assessment – Key Business Drivers, Expected Benefits and Common Challenges - Jun 5, 2014.
Recent survey on Big Data outlook reports increasing interest in Big Data for more accurate and timely decision-making; and concerns about project costs and ability to scale.
- Massachusetts releases Big Data Report 2014 - Apr 30, 2014.
Massachusetts Big Data Report 2014 (free download) highlights state successes, including almost 500 Big Data companies, $2.5B invested, 5600 students graduating from 14 data science-related programs, and identifies key priorities and growth opportunities.
- Data Scientists Salary Survey: US, Canada, Australia lead - Mar 21, 2014.
Data Scientists Salary Survey shows that industry data scientists are in a sweet spot, especially in US, Canada, and Australia, with average salary $135K. European and Asian data scientists salaries are significantly lower.