- DIY Election Fraud Analysis Using Benford’s Law - Sep 15, 2020.
In this article, we will talk about a Do-It-Yourself approach towards election analysis and coming to a conclusion whether the elections were conducted fairly or not.
- Data Scientist Job Market 2020 - Aug 10, 2020.
With an analysis of over a thousand Data Scientist job descriptions in the USA, check out the trends for 2020 and current expectations on new positions in the field, including credentials, experience, and programming languages.
- Coronavirus Trends – what can we learn - Mar 31, 2020.
We examine the coronavirus trends, and look at death rates from Covid-19, including absolute numbers, adjusted for population, and daily change rates. The daily change rates are declining for almost all countries, including Italy and Spain, but remaining alarmingly high for US and especially New York State.
- Coronavirus Data and Poll Analysis – yes, there is hope, if we act now - Mar 23, 2020.
We examine the growth of coronavirus daily cases in most affected countries, and show evidence that social distancing works in reducing the rate of spread. We also analyze KDnuggets Poll results - the scale of change to online and how Data Science work is likely to increase or drop in different regions. Stay Healthy and practice social distancing!
- How AI will transform healthcare (and can it fix the US healthcare system?) - Sep 30, 2019.
This thorough review focuses on the impact of AI, 5G, and edge computing on the healthcare sector in the 2020s as well as a look at quantum computing's potential impact on AI, healthcare, and financial services.
Pages: 1 2
- AI: Arms Race 2.0 - Mar 12, 2019.
An analysis of the current state of the competition between US, Europe, and China in AI, examining research, patent publications, global datasphere, devices and IoT, people, and more.
- A startup: Quantitative Modeler [Remote, US] - Jan 18, 2019.
A Startup is seeking a talented and highly motivated Quantitative Modeler for a unique and exciting opportunity with a small team looking to accurately predict the events (team and player level) of future sports competitions.
- How Important is that Machine Learning Model be Understandable? We analyze poll results - Nov 19, 2018.
About 85% of respondents said it was always or frequently important that Machine Learning model be understandable. This was is especially important for academic researchers, and surprisingly more in US/Canada than in Europe or Asia.
- Amazing consistency: Largest Dataset Analyzed / Data Mined – Poll Results and Trends - Oct 29, 2018.
The poll results show amazing consistency to past years, with median answers still in 10-100 gigabytes range. Really Big Data Scientists (100 Petabytes and more) continue to stand apart, but remain small segment where Asian data scientists lead for the first time in this poll.
- 2018 Data Science Salary Survey Report - Jan 31, 2018.
Throughout 2017, we conducted an online salary survey open to a range of data science professionals in order to capture data to help us better understand the market.
- Machine Learning Engineer, Data Scientist – top US emerging jobs - Dec 27, 2017.
Machine Learning Engineer jobs grew almost 10 fold since 2012, and Data Scientist jobs grew 6.5 times. However, finding qualified people to fill such jobs remains difficult.
- Best Masters in Data Science and Analytics in US/Canada - Nov 21, 2017.
Second comprehensive list of master's degrees in the US and Canada with tuition information and duration.
Pages: 1 2
- Thinkful: Data Science Bootcamp Mentor - Jul 5, 2017.
Thinkful Mentors work remotely and set their own hours. The role is a great fit for experts who genuinely love their work and want to share their expertise, experience, and themselves with awesome students and fellow mentors from around the globe!
- Upcoming Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning: May and Beyond - May 2, 2017.
Coming soon: TDWI Chicago Conference, PAW San Francisco, #BAChicago, Apache: Big Data Miami, Train AI SanFran, Strata + Hadoop World London, Deep Learning Summit Boston, Spark Summit San Francisco, Postgres Vision Boston, and more.
- What Data You Analyzed – KDnuggets Poll Results and Trends - Apr 26, 2017.
Image/video data analysis is surging, JSON replacing XML, anonymized data usage is growing in US and Europe (but not in Asia), itemsets and Twitter analysis is declining - some of the highlights of KDnuggets Poll on data types used.
- Data Scientist – best job in America, again - Jan 30, 2017.
Glassdoor again ranked Data Scientist as the no. 1 job in USA, and 5 of the top 10 US jobs are related to Analytics, Big Data, and Data Science.
- Largest Dataset Analyzed Poll shows surprising stability, more junior Data Scientists - Nov 8, 2016.
The majority (57%) of respondents only worked with Gigabyte range data. More junior Data Scientists enter the market, but Petabyte Big Data Scientists still stand apart.
- How is my county doing? Benchmarking 3,143 US counties - Oct 26, 2016.
Could you have imagined a few years back how open data could be useful to get the insights about your county? Its changes, population, health, crime, education and many other aspects? How are other counties doing compared to yours? This article presents just such a benchmarking case study of US counties.
- Predictive Science: Data Scientist - Oct 12, 2016.
Seeking a a freelance Data Scientist who can work with Fortune 1000 companies and other companies around the world to help them take on challenging data problems that can provide high impact results.
- IBM: Data Engineers/Data Scientists - Jun 9, 2016.
IBM is seeking Data Engineers/Data Scientists to combine cognitive computing/Watson technology with traditional data science/engineering and apply it at scale to transform enterprise business processes including: Operations, Marketing, Communications, Finance/Accounting, Supply chain, and Human Resources.
- IBM: Open Source Data Scientist - Jun 8, 2016.
IBM seeks an Open Source Data Scientist to assist the sales team with solution sales activities to address a client’s specific challenges implementing Big Data solutions; must be entrepreneurial and self-driven.
- IBM: Big Data Architect - May 27, 2016.
Seeking qualified candidates that will assist with shaping the design and implementation of Big Data projects as part of multi-disciplinary technical teams.
- IBM: Big Data Engineer - May 27, 2016.
Seeking Big Data Engineers with technical experience in optimizing of management and deriving insights from large, non-structured, non-relational data.
- Scoprire: Senior Data Scientist (Consulting) - May 9, 2016.
Scoprire is looking for a senior data scientist on a consulting/ project basis to help build new capability for their Identity Hub platform. The position has the potential to become a full-time, permanent, executive-level position.
- Money does buy votes, unless you are Jeb Bush - Feb 3, 2016.
Can money buy votes? In Iowa republican caucuses Jeb Bush spent about $2,700/per vote, with little to show. However, without Jeb, there is a strong correlation between money and votes, with $210/vote on average. We also find that spending more time in Iowa does not help.
- Data Scientist – best job in America - Jan 20, 2016.
Data Scientist is the best job in America, according to Glassdoor, with median base salary $117K, and high career prospects. Analytics Manager ranks n. 11. However, the number of available positions is much less than predicted shortage of 140-190,000.
- Climate Change, Clearly Visualized - Jan 13, 2016.
Global warming has been argued in depths and breadths and arguments for and against are championed too.Here, with a simple data science we obtained a simple (and increasingly accepted) conclusion: the global warming is real.
- 75+ upcoming October – May Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science - Oct 6, 2015.
Coming soon: PAW Government, Rich Data Summit, Polyanalyst User Conf, PAW London, Crunch Budapest, IEEE Big Data, Big Data Techcon Chicago, EARL Boston, PAW Berlin, and many more.
- OpenText Data Digest Sep 25: US Maps - Oct 2, 2015.
This week’s Data Driven Digest focuses on three maps of the United States that are distinct more because of the behaviors of the people that live in them than the actual lines that separate them.
- 90 upcoming September – April Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science - Sep 4, 2015.
Coming soon: Big Data Innovation East, Cypher 2015, TDWI San Diego, PAW Boston, PAW Healthcare, Strata + Hadoop World NYC, Rich Data Summit, IEEE Big Data, and many more.
- Poll Results: Where is Big Data? For most, Largest Dataset Analyzed is in laptop-size GB range - Aug 18, 2015.
A majority of data scientists (56%) work in Gigabyte dataset range. We note a small increase in Petabyte (web-scale) data miners, and a decline in Megabyte data miners. US, Australia/NZ, and Asia lead in percentage of Terabyte and Petabyte analysts.
- R Programming: Who, Where and What - Aug 11, 2015.
The “sexiest job” has the sexiest demand, and R is one of their leading weapons. Here, we are trying to capture how these unicorns are distributed, and also where you can move if you want to have great opportunities.
- 84 upcoming August – February Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science - Aug 4, 2015.
Coming soon: KDD-2015, HP Big Data Conf, Scala by the Bay, Global Big Data Conference, Big Data Innovation East, Cypher 2015, Boston Data Festival, and many more.
- Data Science Degrees – Analyzed and Visualized - Jul 28, 2015.
We use Silk to create an interactive data site of data science degree programs with visualizations on line. The USA has 181 programs, more than the rest of the world combined. Western Europe follows.
- Arrowstreet Capital: Research Associate/Data Analyst - Mar 31, 2015.
Support our research team investment ideas, help code ideas into signals, test, and producing return and risk forecasts to drive trading decisions.
- Sonic Automotive: Operations Research/Predictive Modeling Specialist - Mar 31, 2015.
Monitoring, maintenance, and building of new predictive models, including new and used vehicle pricing, inventory, and appraisals.
- NPD: Head of Global Validation & Input - Mar 20, 2015.
Initial focus on standardizing and developing efficient processes to validate data from input through client delivery.
- Brandman University: Assistant Director of Marketing Analytics - Mar 19, 2015.
Building and maintaining the intelligence infrastructure as well as predictive analytics behind all marketing campaigns
- Blue Apron: Director of Business Intelligence - Mar 16, 2015.
Lead the data team in New York City. Since launching in 2012, the business has grown dramatically to deliver over million meals nationwide each month.
- Alliant: SAS Programmer/Data Analyst, Direct Marketing/Credit - Mar 10, 2015.
Support our Analytics team with responsibility for data manipulation, model scoring and report generation.
- Civis Analytics: VP / Director of Applied Data Science - Mar 10, 2015.
An experienced analytics leader to guide a team of client-facing data scientists, who work with intelligent organizations in healthcare, media, education, and other domains, and build cloud-based tools to do Data Science better.
- VEIC: Energy Data Analysts - Mar 10, 2015.
Work closely with clients to develop and maintain analytical tools that derive useful information from data sources like Smart Meter, sub-meter data, etc. in support of efficiency projects. Apply by Mar 23.
- OpenDataSciCon – Data Science for All: What Do You Need ? - Mar 10, 2015.
“All you need is knowledge.” Open source is what paves the road to that knowledge and the Open Data Science Conference, Boston, May 30-31, 2015.
- PeerIQ: Credit Quant - Mar 6, 2015.
Developing statistical and quantitative models to support prepayment, default and loss forecasting; Basel and CCAR; pricing and valuation; and other economic calculations.
- Criteo: Senior Data Scientist, Machine Learning - Mar 5, 2015.
Outstanding machine learning research scientists to contribute to Criteo in driving the future of ad targeting, personalization, content extraction, content matching and other prediction problems.
- Upcoming March – August 2015 Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Mining, Data Science - Mar 4, 2015.
Coming soon: Big Data Paris, TDWI Solution Summit, GigaOM Structure Data, Chief Data Strategy Forum, PAW San Francisco, Text Analytics World SF, Gartner BI and Analytics Summit, and 80+ more meetings/events.
- HomeUnion: Sr. Data Scientist - Mar 3, 2015.
Be fearless: include heuristics into a solution; be skeptic: self-scrutinize, able to pivot quickly; be creative: experiment with modeling techniques, invent and test features.
- Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science professionals well compensated - Mar 3, 2015.
US, Canada, and Australian analytics professionals are paid the most, with US/Canada Industry Data Science Managers earning on average $177K, Industry Data Scientists $126K, Academic Researchers $119K, and Data Analysts $86K.
- Apple: Data Science Engineer - Feb 26, 2015.
Apple Data Science Engineering is building an environment to enable cutting-edge data analysis over Petabytes of data, supporting Apple Analytic Insight team responsible for mitigating fraud, waste and abuse.
- Cardinal Financial: Production Support Analyst (Marketing) - Feb 26, 2015.
Work closely with management team to drive marketing efforts and overcome marketing obstacles. Monitor and adjust volumes, criteria, and flow to production teams.
- Cardinal Financial: Data Science Analyst - Feb 26, 2015.
Apply your expertise in quantitative business analysis, data mining and visualization to see beyond the numbers, develop a deep understanding of the business, translate data into actionable insights.
- PredictionIO: Machine Learning Engineer (Evangelist) - Feb 26, 2015.
Are you passionate about machine learning and open source? Do you have the ability to engage other developers and data scientists? If yes, read on ...
- HomeUnion: Big Data Technical Project Manager - Feb 25, 2015.
Big Data TPM plays a key role in delivering all Big Data related product releases, and is familiar with Big Data technologies and Agile methodologies.
- Amazon: Research Scientist (Risk Modeling) - Feb 25, 2015.
Do you like to innovate and simplify? Join an innovative team of scientists who use machine learning and statistical techniques to keep Amazon the safest and most trusted place to shop online.
- PAW San Francisco: Learn Uplift Modeling - Feb 24, 2015.
The analytical method to optimize for influence is uplift modeling (aka persuasion modeling) and its adoption is rapidly growing. Learn it in two sessions and a full-day training workshop at PAW Business, San Francisco, Mar 29 - Apr 2, 2015. KDnuggets discount.
- Big Data TechCon, the HOW-TO conference, Boston, April 26-28 - Feb 24, 2015.
Plan now to attend Big Data TechCon, April 26-28 in Boston, to learn HOW-TO master and analyze Big Data. Learn Hadoop, Spark, Yarn, HBase, R, and Hive from the smartest, hardest-working faculty. Special discount.
- Statistical Learning and Data Mining III: 10 Hot Ideas for Learning from Data, Mar 19-20, Palo Alto - Feb 23, 2015.
Taught by top Stanford professors and leading statisticians Trevor Hastie and Robert Tibshirani, this course presents 10 hot ideas for learning from data, and gives a detailed overview of statistical models for data mining, inference and prediction.
- Megaputer: Data Analysis Consultant - Feb 20, 2015.
Create data analysis and reporting solutions for Megaputer customers with the help of PolyAnalyst(tm) platform: experimental, proof-of-concept, implementation, and production projects. Develop successful long-term relationships with customers.
- Syracuse University: Interdisciplinary Faculty - Feb 20, 2015.
The school hosts 5 research centers, including a new created Center for Computational and Data Sciences, which advances scholarships on computational data analytics.
- Fun and Top! US States in 2 Words using twitteR - Feb 19, 2015.
Combining twitteR package with text mining techniques and visualization tools can produce interesting outputs. Find out which US state is fun and top, and which is good and crazy, according to Twitter.
- Collective: Data Scientist - Feb 18, 2015.
Work on our first-of-its-kind sales analytics platform, which combines a proprietary, always-learning network with data-backed, predictive applications.
- HP: Master Data Scientist - Feb 18, 2015.
Apply advanced analytics, data mining and statistical techniques to design and develop enterprise analytic solutions which are focused on specific industry solutions for HP clients.
- Big Data Innovation Summit, San Jose, Apr 28-29, 2015 - Feb 17, 2015.
The Summit will bring 800+ data practitioners for 7 business and technical focused stages, 70+ sessions, keynotes, workshops, panels and countless networking opportunities. Early Bird until Feb 27.
- NYC DSA Data Science Bootcamp,
June 1 – August 21 - Feb 13, 2015.
NYC Data Science Academy offers the highest quality in data science training, designed specifically around the skills employers are seeking, including R, Python, Hadoop, github, D3.js, raspberry pi and much more.
- Localytics: Data Scientist - Feb 12, 2015.
Build the future of mobile with Localytics. Named among the top places to work by The Boston Globe, we're changing mobile marketing and analytics through predictive modeling and machine learning.
- Apple: Data Mining Scientist - Feb 11, 2015.
Apple Data Mining Lab looks for an outstanding data scientist to design, develop, and field data mining and data science solutions with measurable impact.
- TMA Predictive Analytics Data Mining Training [Orlando, Mar | Las Vegas, Apr] - Feb 10, 2015.
Successful analytics in the big data era does not start with data and software, but with hands-on, immersive training and goal-driven strategy - get it from The Modeling Agency in Orlando (Mar), Las Vegas (Apr), or Washington DC (May).
- Get practical training at PASS Business Analytics Conference, Santa Clara, April 20-22 - Feb 7, 2015.
Get practical training on Predictive Analytics, R, Data Visualization, Big Data, Excel, Power BI, and more at the PASS Business Analytics Conference, Santa Clara, April 20-22. Get $150 off with KDnuggets discount.
- University of the Pacific: Director, Analytics Program - Feb 5, 2015.
Responsible for overseeing the launch and operations of the M.S. in Analytics program (housed on Pacific's San Francisco campus).
- PredictionIO: Machine Learning Evangelist - Feb 4, 2015.
Are you passionate about machine learning and open source? Do you have the ability to engage other developers and data scientists? If yes, read on ...
- Gartner Business Intelligence & Analytics Summit, Las Vegas, Mar 30 – Apr 1 - Feb 3, 2015.
Learn how to remaster your skills to deliver the analytic advantage your organization needs in the digital age in order to succeed, get new best practices and leading-edge strategies. KDnuggets discount.
- ZocDoc: Engineering Manager, Data Engineering - Feb 3, 2015.
Run Data Engineering team to create a hardcore data and analytics infrastructure for our business - working with our teams of data scientists and business analysts to transform data into information enabling the next generation of ZocDoc insight and products.
- PASS Business Analytics Conference, Santa Clara, Apr 20-22 - Feb 3, 2015.
Set yourself apart with world-class analytics training in 60+ sessions at the PASS Business Analytics Conference. Special KDnuggets discount.
- Upcoming Feb – July 2015 Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Mining, Data Science - Feb 2, 2015.
Coming soon: Strata + Hadoop World (San Jose), TDWI (Las Vegas), MLDAS (Qatar), TDWI Solution Summit (Savannah), GigaOM Structure (NYC), Chief Data Strategy (Boston), Gartner BI&Analytics (LV), PAW/TAW (SF), PASS (Santa Clara) and more.
- Additions to KDnuggets Directory in January - Feb 1, 2015.
53 new meetings, Silicon Valley Data Science, BayeSniffer, Data Science education in Paris and Nice, bootcamps in NYC, fraud detection solutions and more.
- Schwab: Senior Manager, Marketing Analytics - Jan 31, 2015.
Help develop analytics learning agendas and optimize marketing strategies through measurement feedback loops; work with statisticians, data engineers, marketing/media teams, and external vendors to deliver insights and solutions.
- ExxonMobil Research and Engineering: Data Analytics / Machine Learning - Jan 30, 2015.
Conduct fundamental research in machine learning, statistics, signal processing and optimization and apply them to large-scale problems in physics, chemical and engineering data sets and models.
- Don’t Miss Strata Hadoop World, San Jose, Feb 17-20, 2015 - Jan 29, 2015.
Strata + Hadoop World will be San Jose, Feb 17-20, and if you don't act fast, you may miss it. New venue, 250 speakers, In-person AMA, great events lineup. Special KDnuggets discount.
- Collective[i]: Data Scientist - Jan 28, 2015.
Work on our first-of-its-kind sales analytics platform, which combines a proprietary, always-learning network with data-driven, predictive applications.
- KDnuggets Free Pass to Strata Hadoop World San Jose, Feb 17-20, 2015 - Jan 27, 2015.
Strata + Hadoop World San Jose gathers the leading minds in Big Data, both decision makers and practitioners. See how to win a free KDnuggets 2-day pass.
- PAW: Predictive Analytics World and Text Analytics World, Spring 2015, San Francisco - Jan 27, 2015.
Come to the leading, world-renowned events in predictive analytics and text analytics - coming to San Francisco this spring - and build your skillset and knowledge. Special KDnuggets discount.
- CIOs name BI and analytics No. 1 investment priority for 2015 - Jan 27, 2015.
Join us at Gartner BI and Analytics Summit 2015, Mar 30 - Apr 1, in Las Vegas, and learn the business impact of advanced analytics and big data to make the right investments for success in the digital age.
- Quantcast: 2015 Summer Intern Engineering - Jan 24, 2015.
Quantcast is seeking smart, curious, technically savvy candidates to join our 2015 summer internship - we hire the best and brightest and give them the opportunity to grow professionally and work on industry-leading technology.
- UDEL: Certificate in Analytics: Optimizing Big Data - Jan 23, 2015.
Understand why big data is so important in business decisions and sharpen your data management skills. Classes Feb 19 - May 28 in Wilmington, DE.
- Big Data Bootcamp, Austin, Apr 10-12 - Jan 22, 2015.
A fast paced, vendor agnostic, technical overview of the Big Data landscape targeted towards technical and business people who want to understand the emerging world of Big Data. Special KDnuggets discount.
- John Hancock: AVP, Advanced Analytics - Jan 22, 2015.
Bring innovation, critical thinking, industry and functional expertise leveraged through advanced analytics and predictive modeling to drive key areas including Strategy, Marketing, Distribution, Underwriting, and Claims.
- Innovation Enterprise Data Science and Hadoop Innovation Summits, San Diego, Feb 12-13 - Jan 22, 2015.
Join leading Data Scientists, Big Data and Hadoop professionals in San Diego to learn about the coming changes and challenges. Special KDnuggets discount.
- Metis Data Science Bootcamp Open House, New York City, Feb 3 - Jan 21, 2015.
Meet instructors, students and alumni of Metis Data Science Bootcamp, enjoy pizza and drinks as instructors walk you through a sampling of what students learn in 12 weeks.
- Learn how to develop a Chief Data executive role, March 30-31, Boston - Jan 21, 2015.
This exclusive Forum is structured like an executive roundtable, with high-level industry experts leading think-tank discussions on the challenges and key solutions for implementing and developing a Chief Data executive role. Early reg by Jan 30.
- Disney: Decision Science Project/Technical Manager - Jan 20, 2015.
The Decision Science team provides internal consulting services and analytical products for various business units across the Walt Disney Company.
- Metis (a division of Kaplan): Data Science Lead - Jan 20, 2015.
An experienced data scientist to head the teaching of our data science bootcamps and to champion our growth in the field of data science education and training.
- Elliot Health System: (Senior) Data Analyst - Jan 17, 2015.
Support clinical analytics, including quality, service, cost, and satisfaction-related measure development, process improvement methods, internal and external program reporting requirements, project planning, and program evaluation.
- DMA Marketing Analytics Conference, Chicago, Mar 9-11 - Jan 16, 2015.
DMA Marketing Analytics Conference features leading speakers from LinkedIn, IBM, Razorfish, Ford, Northwestern, Adobe, BCBS of North Carolina, The Weather Company, Starwood Hotels, and many more. Special KDnuggets discount.
- Disney: Sr Planning Analyst – Measurement - Jan 14, 2015.
The Sr. Planning Analyst analyzes and identifies business drivers using statistical/financial models, market research and external/economic data.
- CFP: Sentiment Analysis Symposium + Workshops 2015 - Jan 14, 2015.
The Sentiment Analysis Symposium is the first, biggest, and best conference to tackle the business value of sentiment, mood, opinion, and emotion. Register for 2015 symposium, please submit your proposal online by January 23.
- Open Data Science Conference Call for Speakers, Boston, May 30-31 - Jan 14, 2015.
Open Data Science Conference is focusing on applied data science featuring real world applications and looking for both technical and non-technical data-centric talks. Boston, May 30-31, 2015.
- Amazon: Research Scientist - Jan 13, 2015.
Join an innovative team of scientists who use machine learning and statistical techniques to keep Amazon the safest and most trusted place to shop online.
- TMA Predictive Analytics, Data Mining Training [Orlando, Feb | Las Vegas, May] - Jan 13, 2015.
Successful analytics in the big data era does not start with data and software, but with hands-on, immersive training and goal-driven strategy - get it from The Modeling Agency in Orlando (Feb), Las Vegas (Apr), or Washington DC (May).
- PACE Data Mining Boot Camps, San Diego, Feb 10-11 - Jan 10, 2015.
San Diego Supercomputing Center PACE (Predictive Analytics Center of Excellence) excels at delivering practical, hands-on training in a small classroom setting. Attend next data mining boot camp is Feb 10-11.
- Wharton Workshop: Bringing Customer Lifetime Value to Life, Feb 19-20, Philadelphia - Jan 10, 2015.
Predicting how much profit can be generated from a future relationship with a customer is extremely important. This workshop will teach how do this important analysis.
- Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit, Chicago – Day 2 Highlights - Jan 9, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations by Predictive Analytics leaders from Time Warner Cable, AT&T and Verizon on day 2 of Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 in Chicago.
- World experts will meet for first Deep Learning Summit in San Francisco, Jan 29-30 - Jan 9, 2015.
The Deep Learning Summit is a unique opportunity to meet influential data scientists, technologists, world-leading researchers, entrepreneurs and data engineers. KDnuggets discount.
- University of Kansas (KU): Postdoc research position, Machine Learning and Data Mining - Jan 7, 2015.
Join our efforts to advance machine learning and data mining for better modeling of large amounts of data from scientific domains. Knowledge of biological or pharmaceutical data and HPC and cloud computing is a plus.
- PAW: 5 Co-Located Analytics Events in San Francisco, March 29 – Apr 2, 2015 - Jan 7, 2015.
March 29 - Apr 2, 2015 San Francisco hosts PAW for Business, eMetrics Summit, Predictive Analytics World for Workforce, Text Analytics World and the PA Times Executive Breakfast.
- Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit, Chicago – Day 1 Highlights - Jan 6, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations by Predictive Analytics leaders from Netflix, LinkedIn and Mashable on day 1 of Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 in Chicago.
- Big Data Bootcamp, Santa Clara, Jan 16-18 - Jan 6, 2015.
This is a fast paced, vendor agnostic, technical overview of the Big Data landscape targeted towards both technical and non-technical people who want to understand the emerging world of Big Data. Special KDnuggets discount.
- Bell Labs: Member of Technical Staff in Data Science - Jan 5, 2015.
Solve challenging problems and build analytic products with real-world impact; design and implement efficient and accurate algorithms suitable for large scale data.
- WPI: Teaching Professor or Instructor, Data Science - Jan 5, 2015.
Full-time non-tenure track position for Fall 2015 to strengthen WPI fast-growing interdisciplinary Data Science program.
- CUNY: Distinguished Lecturer – Data Analytics and Information Systems - Jan 5, 2015.
Teach courses in Data analytics and serve as the academic director for CUNY SPS online BS in Information Systems and online MS in Data Analytics.
- Upcoming Jan – Jun 2015 Meetings in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science, Machine Learning - Jan 5, 2015.
Coming soon: Big Data Innovation Las Vegas, EGC, Deep Learning Summit SF, TDWI Las Vegas, IKDD India, PAW Business and PAW Workforce San Francisco, Text Analytics World, MLconf NYC, SBP15.
- NYC Open Data Meetups in January - Jan 3, 2015.
Upcoming events including Python Machine learning class Demo Day, Data Science Bootcamp and more.
- NYC Data Science Academy Bootcamp, Feb 2 – Apr 24 - Jan 1, 2015.
Learn from one of NYC top Data Science Instructors and receive mentorship from Chief Data Scientists, ending with interview prep and job placement at top firms in New York and the Tri-State area.
- New York Community Bank: Sr. Stress Testing Quantitative Risk Modeler - Dec 19, 2014.
Provide risk management and measurement services in the areas of credit risk, market risk, liquidity risk, operational risk and model risk.
- Data Scientists Salary Survey: US, Canada, Australia lead - Mar 21, 2014.
Data Scientists Salary Survey shows that industry data scientists are in a sweet spot, especially in US, Canada, and Australia, with average salary $135K. European and Asian data scientists salaries are significantly lower.