- Alternative Data, Text Analytics, and Sentiment Analysis in Trading and Investing - Mar 25, 2020.
Different types of data beyond your typical dollars and cents have been used in the finance industry for many years. By leveraging machine learning, sentiment data is expected to play an increasingly dominant role in the investment industry, and this article highlights some special challenges of its use in trading models.
- How to Get Started With Algorithmic Finance - Jan 23, 2020.
Algorithmic finance has been around for decades as a money-making tool, and it's not magic. Learn about some practical strategies along with and introduction to code you can use to get started.
- Optimization with Python: How to make the most amount of money with the least amount of risk? - Jun 26, 2019.
Learn how to apply Python data science libraries to develop a simple optimization problem based on a Nobel-prize winning economic theory for maximizing investment profits while minimizing risk.
- Learn About Data Science & the Future of Investing from Hedge Fund Leaders at Rev 2 - Apr 30, 2019.
Rev 2 features interactive sessions, Q&A with industry luminaries, poster sessions for interesting modeling techniques and accomplishments, and stimulating conversations about how to make data science an enterprise-grade capability.
- AI: Arms Race 2.0 - Mar 12, 2019.
An analysis of the current state of the competition between US, Europe, and China in AI, examining research, patent publications, global datasphere, devices and IoT, people, and more.
- Equity Residential: Data Scientist (Director, Data Analytics) - Jul 9, 2018.
Provide advanced analytic insight and thought leadership to support the needs of EQR senior executives and their teams; own the ongoing development and maintenance of a data warehouse of relevant internal and external data.
- Bitcoin Trade Signals - Apr 25, 2018.
This article covers the transformation of public emotions, big news and blockchain data into signals which can provide us with a better understanding as well as instructions for investing.
- Unsupervised Investments (II): A Guide to AI Accelerators and Incubators - May 25, 2017.
A meticulously compiled list as extensive as possible of every accelerator, incubator or program the author has read or bumped into over the past months. It looks like there are at least 29 of them. An interesting read for a wide variety of potentially interested parties - far beyond only the investor.
Pages: 1 2
- Unsupervised Investments: A Comprehensive Guide to AI Investors - Mar 24, 2017.
This article presents a list of 80 funds investing in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Why Go Long on Artificial Intelligence? - Feb 17, 2017.
We are now at the right place and time for AI to be the set of technology advancements that can help us solve challenges where answers reside in data. While we have already seen a few AI bull and bear markets since the 50’s, this time it’s different. If I and others are right, the implications are immensely valuable for all.
- Information Spectrum of Diffusion – What Analysts Need to Know - Sep 28, 2016.
Quandl, which is a source of financial, economic, and alternative data, created a graphic called The Spectrum of Diffusion, describing the stages of information diffusion (accessibility) from "untapped" to "fully commoditized."
- Getting Started with Analytics: What’s the Upfront Investment? - Jul 5, 2016.
Everyone wants to leverage analytics, but should everyone dive into the deep end right away? Heed some sensible advice on getting started with analytics, and assessing the true upfront investment.
- Arrowstreet Capital: Research Associate - Nov 19, 2015.
Join collaborative, intellectually rigorous team responsible for coming up with investment ideas, coding ideas into signals, and producing return and risk forecasts to drive trading decisions.
- Altx: Data Engineer - Sep 16, 2015.
ALTX connects the right investor to the right fund, with a state of the art network that helps investors and funds alike find more satisfying investments with innovative algorithms, behavioral and traditional statistics and analysis.
- Arrowstreet Capital: Research Associate/Data Analyst - Mar 31, 2015.
Support our research team investment ideas, help code ideas into signals, test, and producing return and risk forecasts to drive trading decisions.
- ArrowStreet Capital: Research Associate - Oct 14, 2014.
Join investment research team, support coding new ideas into signals, testing them, and producing return and risk forecasts to drive trading decisions.