- Roadmap to Natural Language Processing (NLP) - Oct 19, 2020.
Check out this introduction to some of the most common techniques and models used in Natural Language Processing (NLP).
- 8 AI/Machine Learning Projects To Make Your Portfolio Stand Out - Sep 9, 2020.
If you are just starting down a path toward a career in Data Science, or you are already a seasoned practitioner, then keeping active to advance your experience through side projects is invaluable to take you to the next professional level. These eight interesting project ideas with source code and reference articles will jump start you to thinking outside of the box.
- What is emotion AI and why should you care? - Jun 19, 2020.
What is emotion AI, why is it relevant, and what do you need to know about it?
- 5 Essential Papers on Sentiment Analysis - Jun 9, 2020.
To highlight some of the work being done in the field, here are five essential papers on sentiment analysis and sentiment classification.
- Alternative Data, Text Analytics, and Sentiment Analysis in Trading and Investing - Mar 25, 2020.
Different types of data beyond your typical dollars and cents have been used in the finance industry for many years. By leveraging machine learning, sentiment data is expected to play an increasingly dominant role in the investment industry, and this article highlights some special challenges of its use in trading models.
- An Introductory Guide to NLP for Data Scientists with 7 Common Techniques - Jan 9, 2020.
Data Scientists work with tons of data, and many times that data includes natural language text. This guide reviews 7 common techniques with code examples to introduce you the essentials of NLP, so you can begin performing analysis and building models from textual data.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n37, Oct 2: The Future of Analytics & Data Science! Starting NLP with spaCy & Python - Oct 2, 2019.
This week, find out what the future of analytics and data science holds; get an introduction to spaCy for natural language processing; find out how to use time series analysis for baseball; get to know your data; read 6 bits of advice for data scientists; and much, much more!
- Sentiment and Emotion Analysis for Beginners: Types and Challenges - Oct 1, 2019.
There are three types of emotion AI, and their combinations. In this article, I’ll briefly go through these three types and the challenges of their real-life applications.
- A Gentle Guide to Starting Your NLP Project with AllenNLP - Jul 10, 2019.
For those who aren’t familiar with AllenNLP, I will give a brief overview of the library and let you know the advantages of integrating it to your project.
- Deep Learning for Natural Language Processing (NLP) – using RNNs & CNNs - Feb 21, 2019.
We investigate several Natural Language Processing tasks and explain how Deep Learning can help, looking at Language Modeling, Sentiment Analysis, Language Translation, and more.
- Free resources to learn Natural Language Processing - Sep 18, 2018.
An extensive list of free resources to help you learn Natural Language Processing, including explanations on Text Classification, Sequence Labeling, Machine Translation and more.
- The Data Science of “Someone Like You” or Sentiment Analysis of Adele’s Songs - Sep 13, 2018.
An extensive analysis of Adele's songs using Natural Language Processing (NLP) on the lyrics, to uncover the underlying emotions and sentiments.
Pages: 1 2
- Detecting Sarcasm with Deep Convolutional Neural Networks - Jun 21, 2018.
Detection of sarcasm is important in other areas such as affective computing and sentiment analysis because such expressions can flip the polarity of a sentence.
- 50+ Useful Machine Learning & Prediction APIs, 2018 Edition - May 1, 2018.
Extensive list of 50+ APIs in Face and Image Recognition ,Text Analysis, NLP, Sentiment Analysis, Language Translation, Machine Learning and prediction.
- Bitcoin Trade Signals - Apr 25, 2018.
This article covers the transformation of public emotions, big news and blockchain data into signals which can provide us with a better understanding as well as instructions for investing.
- Understanding What is Behind Sentiment Analysis – Part 2 - Apr 20, 2018.
Fine-tuning our sentiment classifier...
- Understanding What is Behind Sentiment Analysis – Part 1 - Apr 13, 2018.
Build your first sentiment classifier in 3 steps.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n13, Mar 28: Where did you apply Data Science/ML? 12 Essential Command Line Tools for Data Scientists - Mar 28, 2018.
Also: 8 Common Pitfalls That Can Ruin Your Prediction; Text Data Preprocessing: A Walkthrough in Python; CatBoost vs. Light GBM vs. XGBoost.
- 5 Things You Need to Know about Sentiment Analysis and Classification - Mar 23, 2018.
We take a look at the important things you need to know about sentiment analysis, including social media, classification, evaluation metrics and how to visualise the results.
- How StockTwits Applies Social and Sentiment Data Science - Mar 9, 2018.
StockTwits is a social network for investors and traders, giving them a platform to share assertions and perceptions, analyses and predictions.
- AI and Sentiment Analysis to help you move ahead of the competition - Jan 23, 2018.
A series of stimulating conferences on AI and Sentiment Analysis in Hong Kong, Bangalore and London. Use code KDHK20 to receive 20% discount on any of these events.
- Bill Inmon on Hearing The Voice Of Your Customer - Dec 7, 2017.
This post explores the importance of hearing your customer, and how to use sentiment analytics and other technologies to achieve this goal and avoid going out of business.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Connecting the dots for a Deep Learning App - Aug 31, 2017.
We show how to build a Deep Learning app which does sentiment analysis on movie reviews. Try it yourself!
Pages: 1 2
- Web Scraping with R: Online Food Blogs Example - Jun 29, 2017.
We consider scraping data from online food blogs to construct a data set of recipes with ingredients, nutritional information and more, and do exploratory analysis which provides tasty insights.
Pages: 1 2
- Why Swarm Intelligence is a Better Way to Read Emotions - Jun 20, 2017.
Swarm Intelligence is using many simple machine learning models good at one small task to solve bigger, more complex problems. We examine how it can improve sentiment analysis and measuring emotions.
- Sentiment, Emotional and Behavioral Analytics AND AI in Marketing Symposium, San Francisco, July 17-19 - Jun 12, 2017.
Learn from early-adopting marketing practitioners, AI technology developers, and industry analysts with their fingers on the pulse of this developing technology. Save with code KDN15.
- The Evolving Science of Sentiment and Emotion AI, Sentiment Analysis Symposium, June 27-28 - May 26, 2017.
News, sentiment, and emotion drive markets - consumer markets and financial markets, making text and sentiment analysis essential tools for research and insights. Using code KDNUGGETS to save - early reg by May 31.
- The Analytics of Emotion and Depression - Apr 26, 2017.
Analytics can be used to provide a boost to the cure of depression. How analytics is being adopted by companies like Microsoft, Facebook to handle and detect vulnerable targets of depression.
- Natural Language Processing Key Terms, Explained - Feb 16, 2017.
This post provides a concise overview of 18 natural language processing terms, intended as an entry point for the beginner looking for some orientation on the topic.
- Making sense of text analytics - Feb 9, 2017.
Gain a deep understanding of tools and techniques of text analytics and sentiment mining from statistical and NLP perspectives. Next course is in NYC, April 27-28.
- 50+ Useful Machine Learning & Prediction APIs, updated - Feb 8, 2017.
Very useful, updated list of 50+ APIs in machine learning, prediction, text analytics & classification, face recognition, language translation, and more.
- Chatbots on Steroids: 10 Key Machine Learning Capabilities to Fuel Your Chatbot - Jan 23, 2017.
As chatbots become a common practice, the need for smarter bots arises. Empowering your bot with machine learning capabilities can really differentiate it from the rest. Check out these 10 capabilities to help fuel your chatbot.
- Text Mining Amazon Mobile Phone Reviews: Interesting Insights - Jan 10, 2017.
We analyzed more than 400 thousand reviews of unlocked mobile phones sold on Amazon.com to find out insights with respect to reviews, ratings, price and their relationships.
- What is emotion analytics and why is it important? - Oct 19, 2016.
In today’s Internet world, humans express their Emotions, Sentiments and Feelings via text/comments, emojis, likes and dislikes. Understanding the true meanings behind the combinations of these electronic symbols is very crucial and this is what this article explains.
Pages: 1 2 3
- The Trump Phenomenon: A Twitter Based Recount - Sep 26, 2016.
This analysis uses Twitter data to perform a sentiment analysis to help determine how people truly feel about Trump. We found that while his fans have supported him throughout his entire campaign, more and more Twitter users have started to grow tired of Trump’s attitude.
Pages: 1 2
- SlangSD: A Sentiment Dictionary for Slang Words - Sep 14, 2016.
The Slang Sentiment Dictionary (SlangSD) includes over 90,000 slang words together with their sentiment scores, facilitating sentiment analysis in user-generated contents.
- Rio Olympics 2016 on Twitter: Positive Sentiment (75%), Water Sports, Simone Biles Win - Aug 27, 2016.
Who were the most talked about athletes in the 2016 Rio Olympic Games? Which sport was most cited by users? What was the overall sentiment? This analysis by Expert System provides the detailed answers.
- Semi-supervised Feature Transfer: The Practical Benefit of Deep Learning Today? - Jul 12, 2016.
This post evaluates four different strategies for solving a problem with machine learning, where customized models built from semi-supervised "deep" features using transfer learning outperform models built from scratch, and rival state-of-the-art methods.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Mining Twitter Data with Python Part 6: Sentiment Analysis Basics - Jul 5, 2016.
Part 6 of this series builds on the previous installments by exploring the basics of sentiment analysis on Twitter data.
- NLP, Sentiment Analysis, Consumer and Market Insights at SAS16 - Jul 5, 2016.
The next Sentiment Analysis Symposium (the premier industry event) takes place July 12 in New York. Register today with your 10% KDnuggets discount!
- Political Data Science: Analyzing Trump, Clinton, and Sanders Tweets and Sentiment - Jun 18, 2016.
This post shares some results of political text analytics performed on Twitter data. How negative are the US Presidential candidate tweets? How does the media mention the candidates in tweets? Read on to find out!
- Open Data in Elections: Using Visualization and Graphical Discovery Analysis for Voter Education and Civic Engagement - Apr 5, 2016.
This article makes a case for the importance of innovating using open data, its also proves that adapting open data principles with visual design can enhance transparency, foster accountability, and aid citizen and voter education in elections.
- Sentiment Analysis Symposium, New York City, July 12, CFP, Early Bird - Mar 4, 2016.
2016 Sentiment Analysis Symposium will examine the business value of sentiment, opinion, and emotion in our big data world. Submit your proposal to speak by March 15 or use early-bird rates until Apr 2.
- RapidMiner Webinar: Extracting Insight from Superbowl Sentiments, Feb 16 - Feb 4, 2016.
The webinar explores the power of social content by analyzing data captured from tweets about Super Bowl 50 ads to determine sentiments and predict potential trends in brand adoption.
- Sentiment Analysis & Predictive Analytics for trading. Avoid this systematic mistake - Jan 25, 2016.
The financial market is the ultimate testbed for predictive theories. With this post we want to highlight the common mistakes, observed in the world of predictive analytics, when computer scientists venture into the field of financial trading and quantitative finance.
- The Data Awakens: Star Wars Sentiment Analysis - Jan 13, 2016.
We have tracked the activity on Twitter around the release date to gain insight into the reactions of people and their feelings about the latest episode of the most famous movie franchise in history.
- PAKDD 2016 Data Science Contest: Sarcasm detection on Reddit comments - Dec 17, 2015.
The contest task is to design an effective algorithm for sarcasm detection in the domain of opinion mining. Submissions due Feb 15, 2016.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n40, Dec 9: 50 useful Machine Learning & Data Science APIs; How Do Neural Nets Learn - Dec 9, 2015.
50 Useful Machine Learning & Prediction APIs; How do Neural Networks Learn?; Free Data Science Curriculum; Spark + Deep Learning: Distributed Deep Neural Network Training with SparkNet.
- 50 Useful Machine Learning & Prediction APIs - Dec 7, 2015.
We present a list of 50 APIs selected from areas like machine learning, prediction, text analytics & classification, face recognition, language translation etc. Start consuming APIs!
Pages: 1 2
- Sentiment Analysis 101 - Dec 3, 2015.
Sentiment analysis can be incredibly useful, and can help companies better answer pertinent questions and gain valuable business insights. Sentiment analysis technologies will continue to improve as they become more widely adopted. But what can sentiment analysis do for you?
- Tutorial: Building a Twitter Sentiment Analysis Process - Nov 3, 2015.
Tutorial on collecting and analyzing tweets using the “Text Analysis by AYLIEN” extension for RapidMiner.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Aspect Based Sentiment Analysis Competition - Oct 13, 2015.
SemEval is back and so is the Aspect Based Sentiment Analysis (ABSA) competition, which has gone multilingual for ABSA16. Get all of the details below.
- SentimentBuilder: Visual Analysis of Unstructured Texts - Sep 18, 2015.
Sankey diagrams are mainly used to visualize the flow of data on energy flows, material flow and trade-offs. SentimentBuilder found how to use them with unstructured text in their online NLP tool.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n27, Aug 19: Data Science MS/Certificates Online; Big idea to avoid overfitting; Largest Dataset Mined: trends - Aug 19, 2015.
Data Science, Analytics Online Degrees and Certificates; Where is Big Data? For most, Largest Dataset is in laptop-size Gigabytes ; 11 things to know about Sentiment Analysis; Recycling Deep Learning Models with Transfer Learning.
- 11 things to know about Sentiment Analysis - Aug 13, 2015.
Seth Grimes, a text analytics guru, shares 11 key observations on what works, what is past, what is coming, and what to keep in mind while doing sentiment analysis.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n24, Jul 29: Big Data to Big Profits; Mining Massive Datasets; Data for Humanity - Jul 29, 2015.
From Big Data to Big Profits: A Lesson from Google's Nest; Coursera/Stanford "Mining Massive Datasets", free online course; Data for Humanity: A Request for Support; To Code or Not to Code with KNIME.
- Sentiment Analysis Symposium Summary and Highlights - Jul 23, 2015.
Here, find out how leading analysts and researchers are exploring the sentiment analysis and text mining in their areas. Also, explore the opportunities, challenges and use-cases for the sentiment analysis.
- SAS: Machine Learning Algorithm Research/Developer - Jul 15, 2015.
Developer with a strong analytical background and excellent programming skills to collaborate with a team developing new machine learning algorithms for NLP, text classification, sentiment analysis, and similar tasks.
- Sentiment Analysis Symposium, New York City, July 15-16 - Jun 30, 2015.
2015 Sentiment Analysis Symposium is a dream event for data scientists and analysts working in text, social, and emotion analytics. Get discount with code KDNUGGETS.
- Text Analytics, Text Mining Courses on Statistics.com - Apr 28, 2015.
Text analytics or text mining is the natural extension and essential part of predictive analytics and Data Science - learn key skills with Statistics.com online courses.
- HappyGrumpy – Free Twitter Sentiment Analysis and Data - Apr 24, 2015.
HappyGrumpy has made available interesting data of Twitter sentiment changes and sentiment distribution around the world, by country, and over time.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, Apr 12-18: Andrew Ng AMA, Autoencoders, and Deep Learning Textbooks - Apr 23, 2015.
Andrew Ng's AMA, a probabilistic view of Autoencoders, open source sentiment analysis, deep learning textbooks, and Airbnb's host matching are all discussed this week on /r/MachineLearning.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 14-20: Modern Methods for Sentiment Analysis; Basics of SQL, RDBMS – must have skills - Apr 21, 2015.
Great overview: Modern Methods for Sentiment Analysis #word2vec; Basics of SQL and RDBMS - must have skills for data science; The 7 Most Unusual Applications of Big Data; Extensive, but a little confusing site: Understanding Data Visualization.
- Text By the Bay conference, San Francisco, Apr 24-25 - Apr 2, 2015.
The inaugural Text By the Bay conference has an amazing program, with speakers from top universities, Big text data powerhouses, Growing global players, Startups, Text/NLP tech providers, and more. KDnuggets discount.
- Text Analytics 2015 – Technology and Market Overview - Mar 30, 2015.
A leading analyst and expert on text analytics gives an overview of the past year and looks ahead on text analytics technology and market developments.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
- CFP: Sentiment Analysis Symposium + Workshops 2015 - Jan 14, 2015.
The Sentiment Analysis Symposium is the first, biggest, and best conference to tackle the business value of sentiment, mood, opinion, and emotion. Register for 2015 symposium, please submit your proposal online by January 23.
- SemEval Aspect Based Sentiment Analysis Competition - Nov 9, 2014.
User-Generated content has resulted in an increased interest in sentiment mining, and with this, aspect-based sentiment analysis (ABSA). Develop new techniques in ABSA for ABSA15.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Nov 4 and beyond - Nov 3, 2014.
Hadoop, Real-time processing, Sentiment Analysis, Telling a Story with Data, Data Mining - Failure to Launch, and more.
- Get Started in Text Analytics - Sep 30, 2014.
Text analytics / text mining is the natural extension of predictive analytics and has wide applications in marketing, business, and many industries. Learn text analytics with Statistics.com online program that starts Feb 6.
- Best Text Analytics Summit Presentations - Aug 26, 2014.
Before this year's Text Analytics Summit West, read the previous year's summit's best received presentations and learn about leveraging text analytics for business gain.
- Interview: Vita Markman, LinkedIn on Practical Solutions for Sentiment Mining Challenges - Aug 4, 2014.
We discuss sentiment data models, significance of linguistic features, handling the noise in social conversations, industry challenges, important use cases and the appropriateness of over-simplified binary classification.
- Interview: Kavita Ganesan, FindiLike on Building Decision Support Systems based on User Opinions - Jul 27, 2014.
We discuss the founding story of FindiLike, Opinion-driven Decision Support Systems (ODSS), challenges in analyzing user opinions, future of Sentiment Analysis, favorite books and more.
- Interview: Dave Marvit, Innovation Strategy Consultant, Fujitsu on Privacy and Sentiment Analysis challenges - Jul 9, 2014.
We discuss the modern sentiment analysis challenges, how to address privacy concerns, Big Data predictions and more.
- Exclusive: Dave Marvit, Innovation Strategy Consultant, Fujitsu on Modern Sentiment Analysis using Ubiquitous Continuous Sensing - Jun 30, 2014.
We discuss traditional sentiment analysis vs. modern sentiment analysis, role of data science in Human Centric Intelligent Society, mainstream adoption of bio sensors and opportunities created by Big Data from ubiquitous continuous sensing.
- Interview: Samaneh Moghaddam, Applied Researcher, eBay on Aspect-based Opinion Mining - Jun 26, 2014.
We discuss aspect-based opinion mining, major challenges, cold start items, the need for accurate opinion mining models for cold start items and how factorized LDA can be leveraged.
- Sentiment Analysis Innovation Summit 2014: Day 2 Highlights - May 15, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by opinion mining experts from Fujitsu, FindiLike and Stanford University on Day 2 of Sentiment Analysis Innovation Summit 2014 in San Francisco.
- Uppd8: An Engine for the Wisdom of Crowds - May 15, 2014.
What people think matters. Uppd8 focuses on crowd sentiment analysis and provides tag-scored data based on different user types. Basic services will be provided for free.
- Sentiment Analysis Innovation Summit 2014: Day 1 Highlights - May 14, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by opinion mining experts from Twitter, eBay and Samsung on Day 1 of Sentiment Analysis Innovation Summit 2014 in San Francisco.
- Sentiment Analysis Symposium Highlights - Mar 11, 2014.
Highlights from Sentiment Analysis Symposium held recently in New York: Affective Computing: sentiment from facial expressions, need to market to a “tribe” of people, social media speed of appearance, IBM notion of an Engaged Employee, and more.
- Viewpoint: Social Media Analysis: What is missing - Feb 15, 2014.
Social Media Analysis is a powerful tool if we discover customer sentiment from millions of online sources and not just go behind the numbers. Businesses are using the power of social media to gain a better understanding of their markets.
- New book on Mining User Generated Content – Save 25% - Feb 6, 2014.
This book focuses on mining and applications of UGC (user-generated content) including social annotation, music information retrieval, social networks, and sentiment analysis.
- “Human Analytics” at the Sentiment Analysis Symposium, March 5-6 (KDnuggets discount) - Jan 29, 2014.
Understand the business value in "human data" - emotion, intent, connection - in online, social, and enterprise sources via text, speech, video and social-network analytics. Early bird till Jan 31 + KDnuggets discount.