- AI and Machine Learning for Healthcare - May 14, 2020.
Traditional business and technology sectors are not the only fields being impacted by AI. Healthcare is a field that is thought to be highly suitable for the applications of AI tools and techniques.
- Best Coronavirus Projections, Predictions, Dashboards and Data Resources - May 6, 2020.
Check out this curated collection of coronavirus-related projections, dashboards, visualizations, and data that we have encountered on the internet.
- Outbreak Analytics: Data Science Strategies for a Novel Problem - Apr 30, 2020.
You walk down one aisle of the grocery store to get your favorite cereal. On the dairy aisle, someone sick from COVID-19 coughs. Did your decision to grab your cereal before your milk possibly keep you healthy? How can these unpredictable, near-random choices be included in complex models?
- Understanding the COVID-19 Pandemic Using Interactive Visualizations - Apr 29, 2020.
Interactive visualizations are an effective method for understanding the COVID-19 pandemic. This article presents a repository filled with just such insightful interactions.
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Genome Analysis using Biopython - Apr 29, 2020.
So in this article, we will interpret, analyze the COVID-19 DNA sequence data and try to get as many insights regarding the proteins that made it up. Later will compare COVID-19 DNA with MERS and SARS and we’ll understand the relationship among them.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n17, Apr 29: The Super Duper NLP Repo; Free Machine Learning & Data Science Books & Courses for Quarantine - Apr 29, 2020.
Also: Should Data Scientists Model COVID19 and other Biological Events; Learning during a crisis (Data Science 90-day learning challenge); Data Transformation: Standardization vs Normalization; DBSCAN Clustering Algorithm in Machine Learning; Find Your Perfect Fit: A Quick Guide for Job Roles in the Data World
- How Data Scientists Can Train and Updates Models to Prepare for COVID-19 Recovery - Apr 28, 2020.
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected everything, and building predictions during this time is difficult. Data science teams need to update their models to prepare for the recovery, and know how to properly train 2020 data models to learn from the coronavirus anomaly.
- How AI Can Help Manage Infectious Diseases - Apr 28, 2020.
With the capability to analyze huge amounts of data, including medical information, human behavior patterns, and environmental conditions, big data tools can be invaluable in dealing with deadly outbreaks.
- Learning during a crisis (Data Science 90-day learning challenge) - Apr 24, 2020.
How can you keep your focus and drive during a global crisis? Take on a 90-day learning challenge for data science and check out this list of books and courses to follow.
- Data context and how to get started with understanding COVID-19 data - Apr 22, 2020.
If you are already applying your Data Science skills or getting ready to contribute to analyzing COVID-19 data, then be sure to take sufficient time to appreciate the context of the numbers to focus on what's most important as we collaborate on this global battle.
- Should Data Scientists Model COVID19 and other Biological Events - Apr 22, 2020.
Biostatisticians use statistical techniques that your current everyday data scientists have probably never heard of. This is a great example where lack of domain knowledge exposes you as someone that does not know what they are doing and are merely hopping on a trend.
- Fighting Coronavirus With AI: Improving Testing with Deep Learning and Computer Vision - Apr 22, 2020.
This post will cover how testing is done for the coronavirus, why it's important in battling the pandemic, and how deep learning tools for medical imaging can help us improve the quality of COVID-19 testing.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n16, Apr 22: Scaling Pandas with Dask for Big Data; Dive Into Deep Learning: The Free eBook - Apr 22, 2020.
4 Steps to ensure your AI/Machine Learning system survives COVID-19; State of the Machine Learning and AI Industry; A Key Missing Part of the Machine Learning Stack; 5 Papers on CNNs Every Data Scientist Should Read
- 4 Steps to ensure your AI/Machine Learning system survives COVID-19 - Apr 17, 2020.
Many AI models rely on historical data to make predictions on future behavior. So, what happens when consumer behavior across the planet makes a 180 degree flip? Companies are quickly seeing less value from some AI systems as training data is no longer relevant when user behaviors and preferences change so drastically. Those who are flexible can make it through this crisis in data, and these four techniques will help you stay in front of the competition.
- 5 Ways Data Scientists Can Help Respond to COVID-19 and 5 Actions to Avoid - Apr 6, 2020.
How can data scientists help with the COVID-19 response within their organization and more broadly? While there are many valuable and interesting opportunities to apply your skills, there can be unintended consequences even from your best attempt. So, consider this general advice for data scientists who want to help with this and any disaster response.