- What did COVID do to all our models? - Apr 2, 2021.
An interview with Dean Abbott and John Elder about change management, complexity, interpretability, and the risk of AI taking over humanity.
- Loglet Analysis: Revisiting COVID-19 Projections - Jan 20, 2021.
We will show that the decomposition of growth into S-shaped logistic components also known as Loglet analysis, is more accurate as it takes into account the evolution of multiple covid waves.
- Covid or just a Cough? AI for detecting COVID-19 from Cough Sounds - Dec 15, 2020.
Increased capabilities in screening and early testing for a disease can significantly support quelling its spread and impact. Recent progress in developing deep learning AI models to classify cough sounds as a prescreening tool for COVID-19 has demonstrated promising early success. Cough-based diagnosis is non-invasive, cost-effective, scalable, and, if approved, could be a potential game-changer in our fight against COVID-19.
- Main 2020 Developments and Key 2021 Trends in AI, Data Science, Machine Learning Technology - Dec 9, 2020.
Our panel of leading experts reviews 2020 main developments and examines the key trends in AI, Data Science, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning Technology.
- Toward a More Effective Disease Outbreak Alert System: A Symptoms Approach to Biosurveillance [Nov 19 webinar] - Nov 12, 2020.
Learn how the use of more granular symptoms-level data combined with innovative statistical techniques has the potential to identify disease outbreaks faster while limiting false positives.
- Free From MIT: Intro to Computational Thinking with Julia - Nov 12, 2020.
Introduction to Computational Thinking with Julia, with Applications to Modeling the COVID-19 Pandemic is another freely-available offering from MIT's Open Courseware.
- How to use AI & analytics now to prepare for resiliency in 2021 - Nov 11, 2020.
Emerge with Resiliency 2020 is a no-cost virtual event presented by the IBM Planning Analytics and Cognos Community taking place on Nov 18. This one-day event includes 8 expert sessions, during which you’ll learn how IBM solutions can help enhance business continuity, reduce risk from emerging threats, and help you prepare for and manage disruption.
- A step-by-step guide for creating an authentic data science portfolio project - Oct 7, 2020.
Especially if you are starting out launching yourself as a Data Scientist, you will want to first demonstrate your skills through interesting data science project ideas that you can implement and share. This step-by-step guide shows you how to do go through this process, with an original example that explores Germany’s biggest frequent flyer forum, Vielfliegertreff.
- AI in Healthcare: A review of innovative startups - Sep 30, 2020.
The AI innovation in healthcare has been overwhelming with the Global Healthcare AI Market accounting for $0.95 billion in 2017, and is expected to reach $19.25 billion by 2026. What drives this vibrant growth?
- Visualization Of COVID-19 New Cases Over Time In Python - Sep 15, 2020.
Inspired by another concise data visualization, the author of this article has crafted and shared the code for a heatmap which visualizes the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States over time.
- Scaling Your Data Compliance Strategy with Legal Automation - Sep 7, 2020.
Join Immuta and the COVID-19 Alliance, a non-profit organization of MIT, for this virtual workshop on Sep 23 @ 1 PM ET, to learn how you can use legal automation to easily scale your data analytics compliance strategy. Register now.
- 9 Developing Data Science & Analytics Job Trends - Sep 7, 2020.
With so much disruption in 2020 already, a recent report by Burtch Works looks ahead to next year and beyond, and shares insights about how today's hiring market trends may impact our work lives for years to come.
- How Data Science Is Keeping People Safe During COVID-19 - Aug 25, 2020.
Data, and more importantly, the way people use it, is shaping and refining approaches to COVID-19 safety. Here's a closer look at how this is happening.
- How Semiconductor Innovation Could Help Prevent The Next Pandemic - Aug 19, 2020.
Samsung Semiconductor technology has played a particularly essential role in the fight against Covid-19. Samsung technology powers many of the most innovative programs and AI platforms that are helping scientists conduct research and achieve breakthroughs at a speed that would have been impossible just a few years ago.
- Visualizing the Mobility Trends in European Countries Affected by COVID-19 - Aug 18, 2020.
This post highlights the movement of people from the 10 most-affected European countries based on the way they stay at home, work, and visit places, using Google's anonymized location tracking dataset.
- KDD-2020 (virtual), the leading conference on Data Science and Knowledge Discovery, Aug 23-27 – register now - Aug 18, 2020.
Using an interactive VR platform, KDD-2020 brings you the latest research in AI, Data Science, Deep Learning, and Machine Learning with tutorials to improve your skills, keynotes from top experts, workshops on state-of-the-art topics and over 200 research presentations.
- How to Build Your Data Science Competency for Post-COVID Future - Jul 1, 2020.
Data science is helping healthcare organizations and businesses navigate the current crisis more effectively. Find out how you can learn this in-demand qualification and help them with addressing complex challenges.
- How to make AI/Machine Learning models resilient during COVID-19 crisis - Jun 11, 2020.
COVID-19-driven concept shift has created concern over the usage of AI/ML to continue to drive business value following cases of inaccurate outputs and misleading results from a variety of fields. Data Science teams must invest effort in post-model tracking and management as well as deploy an agility in the AI/ML process to curb problems related to concept shift.
- AI and Machine Learning for Healthcare - May 14, 2020.
Traditional business and technology sectors are not the only fields being impacted by AI. Healthcare is a field that is thought to be highly suitable for the applications of AI tools and techniques.
- Best Coronavirus Projections, Predictions, Dashboards and Data Resources - May 6, 2020.
Check out this curated collection of coronavirus-related projections, dashboards, visualizations, and data that we have encountered on the internet.
- Outbreak Analytics: Data Science Strategies for a Novel Problem - Apr 30, 2020.
You walk down one aisle of the grocery store to get your favorite cereal. On the dairy aisle, someone sick from COVID-19 coughs. Did your decision to grab your cereal before your milk possibly keep you healthy? How can these unpredictable, near-random choices be included in complex models?
- Understanding the COVID-19 Pandemic Using Interactive Visualizations - Apr 29, 2020.
Interactive visualizations are an effective method for understanding the COVID-19 pandemic. This article presents a repository filled with just such insightful interactions.
- Coronavirus COVID-19 Genome Analysis using Biopython - Apr 29, 2020.
So in this article, we will interpret, analyze the COVID-19 DNA sequence data and try to get as many insights regarding the proteins that made it up. Later will compare COVID-19 DNA with MERS and SARS and we’ll understand the relationship among them.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n17, Apr 29: The Super Duper NLP Repo; Free Machine Learning & Data Science Books & Courses for Quarantine - Apr 29, 2020.
Also: Should Data Scientists Model COVID19 and other Biological Events; Learning during a crisis (Data Science 90-day learning challenge); Data Transformation: Standardization vs Normalization; DBSCAN Clustering Algorithm in Machine Learning; Find Your Perfect Fit: A Quick Guide for Job Roles in the Data World
- How Data Scientists Can Train and Updates Models to Prepare for COVID-19 Recovery - Apr 28, 2020.
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected everything, and building predictions during this time is difficult. Data science teams need to update their models to prepare for the recovery, and know how to properly train 2020 data models to learn from the coronavirus anomaly.
- How AI Can Help Manage Infectious Diseases - Apr 28, 2020.
With the capability to analyze huge amounts of data, including medical information, human behavior patterns, and environmental conditions, big data tools can be invaluable in dealing with deadly outbreaks.
- Learning during a crisis (Data Science 90-day learning challenge) - Apr 24, 2020.
How can you keep your focus and drive during a global crisis? Take on a 90-day learning challenge for data science and check out this list of books and courses to follow.
- Data context and how to get started with understanding COVID-19 data - Apr 22, 2020.
If you are already applying your Data Science skills or getting ready to contribute to analyzing COVID-19 data, then be sure to take sufficient time to appreciate the context of the numbers to focus on what's most important as we collaborate on this global battle.
- Should Data Scientists Model COVID19 and other Biological Events - Apr 22, 2020.
Biostatisticians use statistical techniques that your current everyday data scientists have probably never heard of. This is a great example where lack of domain knowledge exposes you as someone that does not know what they are doing and are merely hopping on a trend.
- Fighting Coronavirus With AI: Improving Testing with Deep Learning and Computer Vision - Apr 22, 2020.
This post will cover how testing is done for the coronavirus, why it's important in battling the pandemic, and how deep learning tools for medical imaging can help us improve the quality of COVID-19 testing.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n16, Apr 22: Scaling Pandas with Dask for Big Data; Dive Into Deep Learning: The Free eBook - Apr 22, 2020.
4 Steps to ensure your AI/Machine Learning system survives COVID-19; State of the Machine Learning and AI Industry; A Key Missing Part of the Machine Learning Stack; 5 Papers on CNNs Every Data Scientist Should Read
- 4 Steps to ensure your AI/Machine Learning system survives COVID-19 - Apr 17, 2020.
Many AI models rely on historical data to make predictions on future behavior. So, what happens when consumer behavior across the planet makes a 180 degree flip? Companies are quickly seeing less value from some AI systems as training data is no longer relevant when user behaviors and preferences change so drastically. Those who are flexible can make it through this crisis in data, and these four techniques will help you stay in front of the competition.
- 5 Ways Data Scientists Can Help Respond to COVID-19 and 5 Actions to Avoid - Apr 6, 2020.
How can data scientists help with the COVID-19 response within their organization and more broadly? While there are many valuable and interesting opportunities to apply your skills, there can be unintended consequences even from your best attempt. So, consider this general advice for data scientists who want to help with this and any disaster response.