- Free From MIT: Intro to Computational Thinking with Julia - Nov 12, 2020.
Introduction to Computational Thinking with Julia, with Applications to Modeling the COVID-19 Pandemic is another freely-available offering from MIT's Open Courseware.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n40, Oct 21: fastcore: An Underrated Python Library; Goodhart’s Law for Data Science: what happens when a measure becomes a target? - Oct 21, 2020.
fastcore: An Underrated Python Library; Goodhart's Law for Data Science and what happens when a measure becomes a target?; Text Mining with R: The Free eBook; Free From MIT: Intro to Computational Thinking and Data Science; How to ace the data science coding challenge
- Free From MIT: Intro to Computational Thinking and Data Science - Oct 14, 2020.
This free course from MIT will help in your transition to thinking computationally, and ultimately solving complex data science problems.
- Online Certificates/Courses in AI, Data Science, Machine Learning from Top Universities - Sep 16, 2020.
We present the online courses and certificates in AI, Data Science, Machine Learning, and related topics from the top 20 universities in the world.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n35, Sep 16: Data Science Skills: Core, Emerging, and Most Wanted; Free From MIT: Intro to CS, Programming in Python - Sep 16, 2020.
Check the analysis of latest KDnuggets Poll: which data science skills are core, which are emerging, and what is the most wanted skill readers want to learn; Free From MIT: Intro to CS and Programming in Python; 8 AI/Machine Learning Projects To Make Your Portfolio Stand Out; Statistics with Julia: The Free eBook; and more.
- Free From MIT: Intro to Computer Science and Programming in Python - Sep 9, 2020.
This free introductory computer science and programming course is available via MIT's Open Courseware platform. It's a great resource for mastering the fundamentals of one of data science's major requirements.
- Free MIT Courses on Calculus: The Key to Understanding Deep Learning - Jul 8, 2020.
Calculus is the key to fully understanding how neural networks function. Go beyond a surface understanding of this mathematics discipline with these free course materials from MIT.
- Learn Data Science from Top Universities for Free - Jun 29, 2020.
Where to find free lectures, seminars and complete courses from the likes of MIT, Stanford and Harvard.
- 5 Famous Deep Learning Courses/Schools of 2019 - Sep 24, 2019.
Deep Learning is/has become the hottest skill in Data Science at the moment. There is a plethora of articles, courses, technologies, influencers and resources that we can leverage to gain the Deep Learning skills.
- Introducing Gen: MIT’s New Language That Wants to be the TensorFlow of Programmable Inference - Jul 12, 2019.
Researchers from MIT recently unveiled a new probabilistic programming language named Gen, a language which allow researchers to write models and algorithms from multiple fields where AI techniques are applied without having to deal with equations or manually write high-performance code.
- Reflections on the State of AI: 2018 - Feb 26, 2019.
We provide a detailed overview of the key developments in the AI space, focusing on key players, applications, opportunities, and challenges.
- 10 More Must-See Free Courses for Machine Learning and Data Science - Dec 20, 2018.
Have a look at this follow-up collection of free machine learning and data science courses to give you some winter study ideas.
- 10 Free Must-See Courses for Machine Learning and Data Science - Nov 8, 2018.
Check out a collection of free machine learning and data science courses to kick off your winter learning season.
- Top 10 Recent AI videos on YouTube - May 10, 2017.
Top viewed videos on artificial intelligence since 2016 include great talks and lecture series from MIT and Caltech, Google Tech Talks on AI.
- MIT Researcher New Meta-Analysis Method To Help Settle Unresolved Debates - Apr 27, 2017.
MIT Sloan professor builds new meta-analysis method to help settle unresolved debates. New method more accurately estimates basal metabolic rates and other effects only using prior studies.
- 5 Free Courses for Getting Started in Artificial Intelligence - Feb 1, 2017.
A carefully-curated list of 5 free collections of university course material to help you better understand the various aspects of what artificial intelligence and skills necessary for moving forward in the field.
- Predicting Future Human Behavior with Deep Learning - Sep 30, 2016.
Carl Vondrick, MIT researcher, who studies computer vision and machine learning, discusses how to use Big Data with minimal annotations and applications to predictive vision and scene understanding.
- The Data Science Machine, or ‘How To Engineer Feature Engineering’ - Oct 22, 2015.
MIT researchers have developed what they refer to as the Data Science Machine, which combines feature engineering and an end-to-end data science pipeline into a system that beats nearly 70% of humans in competitions. Is this game-changing?
- Not So Fast: Questioning Deep Learning IQ Results - Jun 15, 2015.
Did deep learning just leap towards human intelligence? Not so fast.
- Database Pioneer Michael Stonebraker Wins ACM Turing Award, Computing “Nobel Prize” - Mar 25, 2015.
Michael Stonebraker, a database pioneer and a serial entrepreneur, won the 2014 ACM Turing Award (which carries $1 million prize) for fundamental contributions to the concepts and practices in modern database systems.
- Automatic Statistician and the Profoundly Desired Automation for Data Science - Feb 17, 2015.
The Automatic Statistician project by Univ. of Cambridge and MIT is pushing ahead the frontiers of automation for the selection and evaluation of machine learning models. In general, what does automation mean to Data Science?
- SUTD: Postdoctoral Fellowship at MIT and SUTD - Feb 12, 2015.
The SUTD-MIT Postdoctoral Program offers unique research opportunities to highly talented individuals to engage in new or ongoing research programs at MIT and SUTD.
- Big Data Innovators Under 35 - Feb 11, 2015.
Young innovators in deep learning, interface design, and data science automation are all included in MIT Technology Review's Innovators Under 35 list.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 24-25: 24 Data Science, Machine Learning Resources; Pregnant women can guess their children sex - Dec 26, 2014.
Pregnant women can intuit the sex of their children; #Pig and #Python can't fly but can predict Airline delays; 24 #DataScience, #Statistics, #MachineLearning Resources; The 50 Most Innovative CS Depts in USA.
- MIT CDOIQ Symposium: Where is the Big Data Boundary of Effectiveness? - Jul 25, 2014.
My report on Day 1 of MIT CDOIQ symposium, why MIT seniors may be less smart than freshmen, 6 types of digitization of capital, the main role of Chief Data Officer, 7-Eleven Japan, and the Big Data Boundary of Effectiveness.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 5-6: xkcd looks at Love and Statistics; Analytics job applicants – avoid these mistakes - May 7, 2014.
xkcd looks at Love and Statistics: Why it is important to label your axes; Analytics job applicants - avoid these common mistakes; Stanford Online Courses: Education + Advanced Skills = Awesome Career; Landmark for AI: computer system solves Algebra word problems.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 2-4: Big List of Machine Learning, #DataScience, and Statistics Resources - May 5, 2014.
Big List of Machine Learning, #DataScience, and Statistics Resources; 7 Free or low-cost ways to Learn Data Mining & Data Science ; Datasight.io - machine learning for the masses - now in beta; Every MIT undergrad will get $100 of Bitcoin.
- KDnuggets 14:n08, Is Data Scientist the right career path for you? FiveThirtyEight stumbles - Apr 3, 2014.
Latest analytics/data mining news, including candid advice on Data Scientist career, FiveThirtyEight stumbles on climate change, Boston Panel on Next Big Thing in Big Data, and White House/MIT Big Data Privacy Workshop report.
- White House-MIT Big Data Privacy Workshop – Top Researcher Reports - Mar 27, 2014.
Leading database researcher Michael Brodie gives a summary of an important White House-MIT Big Data Privacy workshop and discusses privacy, government, technical solutions, Edward Snowden, SXSW, and technical challenges associated with big data and privacy.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 3-4: Accenture/MIT data science challenge; Spark graduates, 100x faster than Hadoop - Mar 5, 2014.
Accenture and MIT data science challenge - analyze City of Chicago; Spark graduates from Apache Incubator, 100x faster than Hadoop over in-memory data; Stanford Data Mining, Finance, Statistics Courses Online; Data Mining Cup 2014 - Student Competition starts.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 24-25: Applied R for the Social Scientist, free book; Great overview: Python Tools for Machine Learning - Feb 27, 2014.
Applied R for the Quantitative Social Scientist - a free 100 page ebook! Great overview: Python Tools for Machine Learning; MIT TR 50 Smartest Companies has many #BigData companies; Wolfram releases demo of breakthrough knowledge-based language.