- Data science is not about data – applying Dijkstra principle to data science - Apr 26, 2021.
What is Data Science really about? Is it the data, or the algorithms, or something else? Similar foundational philosophical struggles exist with other scientific fields, including computer science, and maybe we can look to these resolutions to better understand the true 'meaning' of data science.
- Free From MIT: Intro to Computational Thinking with Julia - Nov 12, 2020.
Introduction to Computational Thinking with Julia, with Applications to Modeling the COVID-19 Pandemic is another freely-available offering from MIT's Open Courseware.
- Free From MIT: Intro to Computational Thinking and Data Science - Oct 14, 2020.
This free course from MIT will help in your transition to thinking computationally, and ultimately solving complex data science problems.
- Free From MIT: Intro to Computer Science and Programming in Python - Sep 9, 2020.
This free introductory computer science and programming course is available via MIT's Open Courseware platform. It's a great resource for mastering the fundamentals of one of data science's major requirements.
- How to reinvent your career with computer science - Jan 21, 2020.
There is great news for anyone looking to make a career switch into computer science. So, what does it take to make the leap? Check out three top tips for budding computer scientists, as well as the Computer Science online MSc from the University of Bath.
- Python Users Come From All Sorts of Backgrounds - Jun 18, 2019.
Python users come from all sorts of backgrounds, but computer science skills make the difference between a Python apprentice and a Python master. Save 50% off Classic Computer Science Problems in Python today, using the code kdcsprob50 when you buy from manning.com.
- Berkeley Lab: Associate Laboratory Director for Computing Sciences Area [Berkeley, CA] - Jun 14, 2019.
Seeking candidates to have Laboratory-wide responsibility for providing leadership, stewardship and strategic vision for Berkeley National Lab’s Computing Sciences Area, and to ensure the success of the Laboratory’s multi-disciplinary short- and long-term scientific and operational goals.
- Hone your coding and AI skills with a Computer Science online MSc - Mar 14, 2019.
Gain the necessary technical skills to further your career in an ever-growing sector with U. of Bath Computer Science online MSc. Apply until 1 April 2019.
- DePaul University: Two tenure-track/tenured positions in Data Science/Computer Science [Chicago, IL] - Nov 7, 2018.
DePaul University's School of Computing invites applications for two tenure-track faculty positions, beginning in Fall 2019. We will consider applicants at all ranks (i.e. Assistant, Associate and Full Professor) whose work is focused on data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence.
- University of Nebraska at Omaha: Faculty Position in Computer Science [Omaha, NE] - Oct 5, 2018.
University of Nebraska at Omaha is seeking a Faculty Position in Computer Science. Areas of particular interest include, but are not limited to, machine learning, data science, visual analytics, artificial intelligence and their translational application in real-world contexts.
- Statistics, Causality, and What Claims are Difficult to Swallow: Judea Pearl debates Kevin Gray - Jun 15, 2018.
While KDnuggets takes no side, we present the informative and respectful back and forth as we believe it has value for our readers. We hope that you agree.
- U. Tianjin: Faculty, Computer Science/Data Science - Apr 22, 2016.
Seeking a professor whose assignment will involve both general bachelor level courses as well as specialized research oriented master level courses. The successful candidate will be expected to mentor students and have proven teaching experience.
- CSI-CUNY: Full Professor, Computer Science - Oct 10, 2014.
A unique opportunity to create and lead a core research group with a number of additional tenure-track positions available in the near future.