- Cartoon: Teaching Ethics to AI - Jan 4, 2020.
Ethics in AI has received significant attention recently, and the new KDnuggets cartoon examines the problem of teaching ethics to artificially intelligent entities.
- KDnuggets Cartoon in an English textbook? - Dec 24, 2019.
KDnuggets is not only for learning about AI, Data Science, and Machine Learning. A KDnuggets cartoon has been included in an English language and culture textbook for French high-school students.
- How DeepMind and Waymo are Using Evolutionary Competition to Train Self-Driving Vehicles - Sep 9, 2019.
Recently, Alphabet’s subsidiaries Waymo and DeepMind partnered to find a more efficient process to train self-driving vehicles algorithms and their work took them back to one of the cornerstones of our history as species: evolution.
- Cartoon: AI + Self-Driving + BBQ = ? - Jul 4, 2019.
KDnuggets Cartoon looks at what happens when AI and self-driving technology collide with the traditional summer pastime of grilling.
- The most desired skill in data science - Apr 26, 2019.
What is the biggest skill gap in data science according to hiring managers looking for hire recent graduates? Hint: it’s not coding.
- Reflections on the State of AI: 2018 - Feb 26, 2019.
We provide a detailed overview of the key developments in the AI space, focusing on key players, applications, opportunities, and challenges.
- 5 things that happened in Data Science in 2018 - Jan 8, 2019.
We review 5 things that happened in Data Science in 2018 and offer 20% discount on Reinforce AI Conference, Mar 20-22 in Budapest.
- Anticipating the next move in data science – my interview with Thomson Reuters - Nov 17, 2018.
Like chess, Big Data is a combination of science, art and play; Gregory Piatetsky-Shapiro of KDnuggets helps data devotees discover winning moves - my Thomson Reuters interview.
- Nvidia: AI Training for Self-Driving Vehicles [On-demand Webinar] - Aug 27, 2018.
We discuss the key considerations in selecting the optimal AI infrastructure required to train deep neural networks for safe self-driving systems, including data requirements and computing performance needed, and how to use NVIDIA DGX-1 for training autonomous vehicles.
- Data science of the connected vehicle: perspectives, applications and trends - Jul 9, 2018.
The application of data science to streaming data from vehicles is an emerging field. Here we review general trends and some specific examples of relevant data feeds and applications where data science can deliver value.
- When Do We Trust Machines? - Apr 16, 2018.
We propose a framework of "trust heatmap", show how the trust in machines depends on two key elements: their error rate and the costs of mistakes, and examine the automation frontier.
- Semantic Segmentation Models for Autonomous Vehicles - Mar 29, 2018.
State-of-the-art Semantic Segmentation models need to be tuned for efficient memory consumption and fps output to be used in time-sensitive domains like autonomous vehicles.
- Is an AI /machine-driven world better than a human driven world? - Mar 7, 2018.
On the positive side of AI we have a prospect of self-driving cars, and other benefits, and thru education humans can evolve and improve. The risks include loss of jobs, growing inequality, dealing with superintelligence.
- Age of AI Conference 2018 – Day 1 Highlights - Feb 21, 2018.
Here are some of the highlights from the first day of the Age of AI Conference, January 31, at the Regency Ballroom in San Francisco.
Pages: 1 2
- Where AI is already rivaling humans - Feb 20, 2018.
Since 2011, AI hit hypergrowth, and researchers have created several AI solutions that are almost as good as – or better than – humans in several domains, including games, healthcare, computer vision and object recognition, speech to text conversion, speaker recognition, and improved robots and chat-bots for solving specific problems.
- Cartoon: AI and Technology Transforming Christmas? - Dec 16, 2017.
New KDnuggets cartoon looks at how AI and the new technology can transform Christmas.
- When reinforcement learning should not be used? - Dec 6, 2017.
While reinforcement learning has achieved many successes, there are situations when it use is problematic. We describe the issues and how to work around them.
- Key Trends and Takeaways from RE•WORK Deep Learning Summit Montreal – Part 1: Computer Vision - Oct 16, 2017.
Read up on what you missed from the RE•WORK Deep Learning Summit Montreal, held October 10 & 11, including talks from Aaron Courville, Ira Kemelmacher-Shlizerman, Roland Memisevic, and Raquel Urtasun.
- Asimov’s 4th Law of Robotics - Sep 8, 2017.
It seems Isaac Asimov didn’t envision needing a law to govern robots in these sorts of life-and-death situations where it isn’t the life of the robot versus the life of a human in debate, but it’s a choice between the lives of multiple humans!
- Road Lane Line Detection using Computer Vision models - Jul 19, 2017.
A tutorial on how to implement a computer vision data pipeline for road lane detection used by self-driving cars.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n27, Jul 19: The 4 Types of Data Analytics; Machine Learning Applied to Big Data, Explained - Jul 19, 2017.
The 4 Types of Data Analytics; Machine Learning Applied to Big Data, Explained; Are Most Machine Learning Experts Turning to Deep Learning?; How to Build a Data Science Pipeline; Cartoon: The First Ever Self-Driving, Deep Learning Grill
- Cartoon: The First Ever Self-Driving, Deep Learning Grill - Jul 15, 2017.
New KDnuggets Cartoon looks at what happens when self-driving craze collides with the traditional summer pastime of grilling.
- 5 Free Resources for Getting Started with Self-driving Vehicles - Jul 10, 2017.
This is a short list of 5 resources to help newcomers find their bearings when learning about self-driving vehicles, all of which are free. This should be sufficient to learn the basics, and to learn where to look next for further instruction.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, June: NumPy Gets Funding; ML Cheat Sheets For All; Hot Dog or Not?!? - Jul 3, 2017.
NumPy receives first ever funding, thanks to Moore Foundation; Cheat Sheets for deep learning and machine learning; How HBO’s Silicon Valley built “Not Hotdog” with mobile TensorFlow & Keras; Andrej Karpathy leaves OpenAI for Tesla; Machine, a machine learning IDE
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n24, Jun 21: Learn Data Science skills you need for free; Understanding Deep Learning Requires Re-thinking Generalization - Jun 21, 2017.
Learn Data Science skills you need for free; Understanding Deep Learning Requires Re-thinking Generalization; K-means Clustering with Tableau - Call Detail Records; The Machine Learning Algorithms Used in Self-Driving Cars.
- The Machine Learning Algorithms Used in Self-Driving Cars - Jun 19, 2017.
Machine Learning applications include evaluation of driver condition or driving scenario classification through data fusion from different external and internal sensors. We examine different algorithms used for self-driving cars.
- Autonomous Vehicles Need Superhuman Perception for Success - Jun 12, 2017.
Michael Milford, Associate Professor at Queensland University of Technology (QUT), is a leading robotics researcher working to improve perception and more in autonomous vehicles, conducting his research at the intersection of robotics, neuroscience and computer vision.
- New Speakers Announced for the European Machine Intelligence Summit & Machine Intelligence in Autonomous Vehicles Summit in Amsterdam, 28-29 June - Jun 8, 2017.
Explore the cutting-edge technology leading the way in Machine Intelligence and Autonomous Vehicles and it’s applications in industry at the Amsterdam Summits on June 28th & 29th. Use the discount code KDNUGGETS to save 20% on all tickets.
- Machine Intelligence Summit & Autonomous Vehicles Track, Amsterdam – KDnuggets Offer - Jun 1, 2017.
RE•WORK's Machine Intelligence Summit and Machine Intelligence In Autonomous Vehicles Summit take place June 28-29 in Amsterdam. Save 20% with code KDNUGGETS.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, April: Why Momentum Really Works; Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn & TensorFlow - May 5, 2017.
Why Momentum Really Works; O'Reilly's Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn and TensorFlow; Implemented BEGAN and saw a cute face at iteration 168k; Self-driving car course; Exploring the mysteries of Go; DeepMind Solves AGI
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 29 – Apr 04: Free Must-Read Books for #MachineLearning; #Apache Slug, new #BigData project - Apr 5, 2017.
Also Self-driving talent is fleeing Google and Uber to catch the autonomous-driving; Using Docker, CoreOS For #GPU Based #DeepLearning; A Short Guide to Navigating the Jupyter Ecosystem.
- Machine Intelligence Summit & Machine Intelligence in Autonomous Vehicles Summit in San Francisco, 23-24 March (KDnuggets Offer) - Feb 17, 2017.
Explore the new smart machines and self-controlled vehicles from the world's leading innovators across all industries at the Machine Intelligence and Autonomous Vehicles summits. Use code KDNUGGETS to save.
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, January: TensorFlow Updates; AlphaGo in the Wild; Self-Driving Mario Kart - Feb 7, 2017.
TensorFlow 1.0.0-alpha; Unknown bot repeatedly beats top Go players online - so far it's undefeated; TensorKart: self-driving MarioKart with TensorFlow; GTA V integration into Universe is now open-source; Keras will be added to core TensorFlow at Google
- 5 Free Courses for Getting Started in Artificial Intelligence - Feb 1, 2017.
A carefully-curated list of 5 free collections of university course material to help you better understand the various aspects of what artificial intelligence and skills necessary for moving forward in the field.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 04-10: Cartoon: When Self-Driving Car takes you too far; A massive collection of free programming books - Jan 11, 2017.
Also AI #DataScience #MachineLearning: Main Developments 2016, Key Trends 2017; Scikit-Learn Cheat Sheet: #Python #MachineLearning
- A Concise Overview of Recent Advances in Vehicle Technologies - Jan 11, 2017.
2016 was a big year for electric and driverless cars. Get a quick review with relevant videos on some of the events of interest in the field during the past year.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n01, Jan 11: 5 Machine Learning Projects You Can’t Overlook; Future of Deep Learning; Self-Driving Car Surprises - Jan 11, 2017.
Also Game Theory Reveals the Future of Deep Learning; Generative Adversarial Networks - Hot Topic in ML; Cartoon: When Self-Driving Cars take you too far
- The Surprising Ethics of Humans and Self-Driving Cars - Jan 9, 2017.
The surprising finding is that people are much more willing to ride in a self-driving car that might kill them to save several pedestrians than in a car that would save them but kill pedestrians. Asian respondents had significantly different preferences from US and Europe.
- Cartoon: When Self-Driving Car + Machine Learning takes you too far … - Jan 4, 2017.
What can happen in the not too distant future when advanced technologies like a Self-Driving car and Machine Learning Recommendations Engine are combined ...
- New Poll: Can You Live with Ethics of Machine Learning and Self-Driving Cars? - Dec 19, 2016.
The difficult thing about Machine Learning Ethics is that it forces us to consider the harsh choices people sometimes have to make but don't want to think about. Here is one such situation - what is the right choice? Please vote.
- What we can learn from AI mistakes - Dec 19, 2016.
Because of recent innovations and research in AI, we have seen AI performing best in some very important tasks and even worst in even simple tasks. So the question is, Why is it that AI can look so brilliant and so stupid at the same time?
- Top /r/MachineLearning Posts, October: NSFW Image Recognition, Differentiable Neural Computers, Hinton on Coursera - Nov 4, 2016.
NSFW Image Recognition, Differentiable Neural Computers, Hinton's Neural Networks for Machine Learning Coursera course; Introducing the AI Open Network; Making a Self-driving RC Car
- NVIDIA: Developer Technology Engineer – Autonomous Driving - Oct 19, 2016.
Seeking a Developer Technology Engineer – Autonomous Driving to be a member of the automotive team. The candidate will be responsible for working with cutting-edge applications of Deep Learning, computer vision and image processing on NVIDIA’s next-generation automotive products.
- NVIDIA: Director for Autonomous Vehicle Localization and Mapping - Oct 19, 2016.
Seeking a Director for Autonomous Vehicle Localization and Mapping, requiring someone who can formulate and execute a technical roadmap from architectural specification through the full lifecycle of the product in the field.
- NVIDIA: Senior Deep Learning R&D Engineer – Autonomous Driving - Oct 19, 2016.
Seeking a Senior Deep Learning R&D Engineer, with the opportunity to innovate from algorithms, to system design, to processor architecture and see your work used in cars all over the world.
- The Machine Learning Problem of The Next Decade - Feb 26, 2016.
How can businesses integrate imperfect machine-learning algorithms into their workflow?
Pages: 1 2
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 20-26: Why Self-Driving Cars Must Be Able to Kill: an impossible dilemma of algorithmic morality - Oct 27, 2015.
Why Self-Driving Cars Must Be Able to Kill: an impossible dilemma of algorithmic morality; Cartoon: KDnuggets Addiction; Good overview: #BigData Infrastructure at IFTTT.