- KDnuggets™ News 20:n30, Aug 5: What Employers are Expecting of Data Scientist Role; I have a joke about… - Aug 5, 2020.
Know What Employers are Expecting for a Data Scientist Role in 2020; I have a joke about …; First Steps of a Data Science Project; Why You Should Get Google's New Machine Learning Certificate; Awesome Machine Learning and AI Courses
- I have a joke about … - Aug 1, 2020.
I have a machine learning joke, but it is not performing as well on a new audience. We bring you a selection of the nerdy self-referential computer jokes that were popular on the web recently.
- Generating cooking recipes using TensorFlow and LSTM Recurrent Neural Network: A step-by-step guide - Jul 3, 2020.
A character-level LSTM (Long short-term memory) RNN (Recurrent Neural Network) is trained on ~100k recipes dataset using TensorFlow. The model suggested the recipes "Cream Soda with Onions", "Puff Pastry Strawberry Soup", "Zucchini flavor Tea", and "Salmon Mousse of Beef and Stilton Salad with Jalapenos". Yum!? Follow along this detailed guide with code to create your own recipe-generating chef.
- Cartoon: The Worst Telemedicine? - May 16, 2020.
New KDnuggets cartoon examines what may be the worst example of telemedicine ...
- Cartoon: AI understanding of Coronavirus - Apr 1, 2020.
Here is a cartoon to distract you, showing a new level of understanding AI could reach.
- I Don’t Believe in Electrons - Apr 1, 2020.
What does it mean to believe in science? Does this notion of belief even make sense, or are scientists just supposed to be skeptics that question everything for all time, until we somehow arrive at some notion of Truth? And, what is science, anyway?
- Cartoon: Teaching Ethics to AI - Jan 4, 2020.
Ethics in AI has received significant attention recently, and the new KDnuggets cartoon examines the problem of teaching ethics to artificially intelligent entities.
- Cartoon: Thanksgiving, Big Data, and Turkey Data Science… - Nov 28, 2019.
A classic KDnuggets Thanksgiving cartoon examines the predicament of one group of fowl Data Scientists.
- Cartoon: Unsupervised Machine Learning? - Sep 14, 2019.
New KDnuggets Cartoon looks at one of the hottest directions in Machine Learning and asks "Can Machine Learning be too unsupervised?"
- Data Science Poem - May 11, 2019.
A poem about Data Science.
- Cartoon: Is this how you do the blockchain thing? - Jan 19, 2019.
Despite the increasing popularity of Blockchain, the concept remains hard to understand. Here is one attempt to explain it.
- Twas the Night Before Analysis or A Visit from the Chief Data Scientist - Dec 24, 2018.
The holiday classic gets a data science makeover. Let your belly shake like a bowl full of jelly.
- Music for Data Scientists? Music by Data Scientists? …What…?! - Oct 17, 2018.
Introducing Mean Reversion, an NYC-based songwriting duo comprising of data scientist Foster Provost and statistician Cliff Hurvich.
- Cartoon: Machine Learning takes a vacation - Aug 18, 2018.
August is a popular time for vacation, and even hard-working AI may want to take a few epochs off from its training. KDnuggets Cartoon looks at how this might go.
- Cartoon: AI at Home: How Far Can A Smart Device Go? - Jan 6, 2018.
New KDnuggets cartoon looks at AI at Home technology and considers how a novel way how a smart device can help its owner to lose weight.
- Cartoon: AI and Technology Transforming Christmas? - Dec 16, 2017.
New KDnuggets cartoon looks at how AI and the new technology can transform Christmas.
- Rethinking 3 Laws of Machine Learning - Oct 23, 2017.
We rethink Asimov’s 3 law of robotics to help companies moving to unsupervised machine learning and realize 100% automated predictive information governance (PIG).
- Cartoon: What Else Can AI Guess From Your Face? - Sep 16, 2017.
Recent story about AI able to guess if a person is gay or straight from their photo led us to think what else can AI guess from your face.
- Interesting Things Learned as a Student of Machine Learning - Jun 29, 2017.
Did you ever learn something you didn't really want to? The path to machine learning mastery is paved with such collateral knowledge. Here are a few examples of such information I have gleaned while trekking away.
- Cartoon: Mother Of All Data. - May 14, 2017.
We revisit KDnuggets Mother's Day Cartoon. Enjoy and don't forget the mothers in your life - Big Data predicted that 67.53% of you would remember.
- Cartoon: the distance between Espresso and Cappuccino - Apr 22, 2017.
This cartoon takes a vector space approach to your favorite drinks and examines the distance between Espresso and Cappuccino. Warning: this is only funny to Data Scientists and mathematicians.
- The 42 V’s of Big Data and Data Science - Apr 7, 2017.
It's 2017 now, and we now operate in an ever more sophisticated world of analytics. To keep up with the times, we present our updated 2017 list: The 42 V's of Big Data and Data Science.
- Deep Stubborn Networks – A Breakthrough Advance Towards Adversarial Machine Intelligence - Apr 1, 2017.
The exciting announcement yesterday of Deep Stubborn Networks (StubNets) introduces an innovative refinement to GANs, taking their development in a new direction.
- A Funny Look at Big Data and Data Science - Dec 27, 2016.
A less than serious look at Big Data and Data Science. If you can laugh at all cartoons, then your Data Science skills are in good shape.
- Do You Suffer From Analytic Personality Disorder (APD)? - Nov 2, 2016.
Read this lighthearted take on Analytics Personality Disorder, a (nonexistent) syndrome for those obsessed with analytics.
- If Hollywood Made Movies About Machine Learning Algorithms - Apr 1, 2016.
A lighthearted take on the kind of movie Hollywood would produce if it took on machine learning algorithms.
Pages: 1 2
- The Secret to a Perfect Data Science Interview - Apr 1, 2016.
How to interview a Data Scientist, in 5 steps. The secret to answering every question perfectly :).
- Cartoon: Citizen Data Scientist At Work - Mar 26, 2016.
KDnuggets Cartoon examines Citizen Data Scientist at work and his previous career as a citizen dentist and a citizen pilot.
- Watch the Geek Rap Video – Predictive Analytics Song - Mar 8, 2016.
“PREDICT THIS!” is the first pop song to present analytics content with Gangnam Style humor, and media-blending 80’s throwback visuals. The rapper, formerly known as Dr. Eric Siegel (co-founder of Predictive Analytics World) said, “I only answer to ‘Dr. Data’ now.”
- Data Scientist Valentine’s Day Collection - Feb 13, 2016.
We review Data Scientist Valentine's Day options with several topical cartoons, including Scarledoopython, Neural net predictions, and dating algorithm adjustments.
- Data Science Humor: Google Analytics, if Applied in Real Life - Jan 16, 2016.
From the lighter side: how Google Analytics would look if applied in real life situations.
- More Data Science Humor and Cartoons - Dec 23, 2015.
More humor and cartoons from Andrii aka San Sanych, #HappyDataScientist.
- Devils Data Dictionary – Big Data Humor - Nov 27, 2015.
In this modern homage to Ambrose Bierce, Sterne tucks his tongue firmly in cheek and lets loose on an industry only Dilbert could love.
- Data Science Cartoon Caption Contest - Nov 20, 2015.
In honor of upcoming Thanksgiving Holiday, we present the first ever KDnuggets Cartoon Caption Contest. Please email your caption by Nov 30.
- Cartoon: Where humans are still ahead of Deep Learning - Jul 3, 2015.
Deep Learning computer recently beats humans in an IQ test, and computers have beaten human champions in Chess and Jeopardy. However, KDnuggets cartoon finds an area where humans still have an advantage.
- Top /r/MachineLearning posts, Jan 18-24: K-means clustering is not a free lunch; A Deep Dive into Recurrent Neural Nets - Jan 26, 2015.
Textbook Easter Eggs, issues with k-means, recurrent neural networks, genetic algorithm challenges, and the implementation of machine learning pipelines are all in this week's top /r/MachineLearning posts.
- Cartoon: Thanksgiving, Big Data, and Turkey Data Science - Nov 24, 2014.
We revisit KDnuggets Thanksgiving cartoon, which examines the predicament of one group of fowl Data Scientists.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 10-12: 7 Most Data Rich Companies in the World - Oct 13, 2014.
7 Most Data Rich Companies in the World; R and #DataScience Webinar slides - status, why, code examples; Another list of 200+ #BigData thought leaders to follow on Twitter; Popular #BigData predictive apps and APIs.
- Cartoon: Big Data Visualization and 7-D Printer - Aug 3, 2014.
Big Data is hard to visualize, even with 3-D printers. New KDnuggets cartoon goes beyond 3-D and examines a 7-D Printer.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 23-25: Data Science vs. Statistics: one big difference; A SQL query walks into a bar - May 26, 2014.
Data Science vs. Statistics: one big difference in Data Science focus; TGIF: A SQL query walks into a bar, approaches two girls at two tables ...; Amazing demo - IBM #Watson analyzes topic, presents a speech, can debate opponents; Microsoft #Kinect as Inexpensive #BigData Tool.
- Cartoon: Data Scientist Valentine Day Prediction - Feb 13, 2014.
New KDnuggets cartoon looks at a Data Scientist Valentine's Day prediction.
- Cartoon: Watson and Artificial vs Natural Intelligence - Jan 24, 2014.
New KDnuggets cartoon looks at Watson and compares Artificial and Natural Thinking.