- AI in Dating: Can Algorithms Help You Find Love? - Mar 19, 2021.
Can AI algorithms help us find love? Can they go a step further and replace a human being as a partner in a relationship? Here, we analyze how far technology has come in helping us meet "our" people, find love, and feel less lonely.
AI, Industry, Love, Online Dating
- Cartoon: Cloud Dating - Oct 17, 2020.
New KDnuggets cartoon looks at how AI can transform love and romance.
AI, Cartoon, Cloud Computing, Humor, Love, Online Dating
- Does Machine Learning allow opposites to attract? - Feb 11, 2016.
Most online dating sites use 'Netflix-style' recommendations which match people based on their shared interests and likes. What about those matches that work so well because people are so different - here is my example.
Love, Machine Learning, Online Dating, Recommendations
- Can Deep Learning Help you Find the Perfect Girl? – Part 2 - Jul 13, 2015.
Using Deep Learning to find the perfect match, PhD student Harm de Vries describes the process of data collection and analysis. Finally, the results from matching algorithm are compared to human assessment for identifying an individual's dating preferences.
Deep Learning, Love, OkCupid, Online Dating, Predictive Analytics
- Can deep learning help find the perfect date? - Jul 10, 2015.
When a Machine Learning PhD student at University of Montreal starts using Tinder, he soon realises that something is missing in the dating app - the ability to predict to which girls he is attracted. Harm de Vries applies Deep Learning to assist in the pursuit of the perfect match.
Deep Learning, ICML, Love, Machine Learning, Online Dating, Predictive Analytics
- Love, Sex and Predictive Analytics - Jun 4, 2015.
Here, we are trying to understand the working mechanisms of dating sites, algorithms used and role of predictive analytics while matchmaking. We have also gleaned some interesting analytical insights from them.
Love, Match.com, OkCupid, Online Dating, Predictive Analytics, Recommendation, Tinder
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 12-18: Dilbert looks at #analytics of #dating and A/B testing; Deep Learning and Human Beings - Jan 19, 2015.
Dilbert looks at #analytics of #dating and A/B testing; A Deep Dive into Recurrent Neural Nets #DeepLearning; Great read: #Visualizing Representations: #DeepLearning and Human Beings; 9 Lessons: Picking the Right #NoSQL Tools.
Cartoon, Deep Learning, Dilbert, Google, Knowledge Representation, NoSQL, Online Dating, Recurrent Neural Networks
- Top stories for Jul 27 – Aug 2: What does Big Data tell us about Romance - Aug 3, 2014.
Interview: Thomas Levi, PlentyOfFish on what does Big Data tell us about Romance and how online dating is improving matching through Big Data; Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 London: Day 1 Highlights; Probabilistic Approaches to Recommendations.
London-UK, Online Dating, Predictive Analytics, Recommendations, Thomas Levi, Top stories
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 30-31 - Aug 1, 2014.
What are the differences between Data Science, Data Mining, Machine Learning, etc; Where do the most romantic US singles live?; 7 signs you're too smart for the job? Not a #BigData problem; Guidelines for statistical education.
Data Mining, Data Science, Education, Online Dating, Statistics
- Interview: Thomas Levi, PlentyOfFish on What does Big Data tell us about Romance - Jul 30, 2014.
We discuss interesting research on the state of romance in US, how PlentyOfFish is managing competition, personal journey from String Theory to Data Science, career advice and more.
Advice, Competition, Data Science, LDA, Learning from Data, Online Dating, PlentyOfFish, Thomas Levi
- Interview: Thomas Levi, POF on How Online Dating is Improving Matching through Big Data - Jul 29, 2014.
We discuss Big Data use cases at Plenty of Fish, insights from text mining of user profiles, using topic modeling for developing user archetypes, challenges and more.
Algorithms, Big Data, Challenges, LDA, Online Dating, PlentyOfFish, Text Mining, Thomas Levi, Topic Modeling