- Tales from ICML: Insights and Takeaways - Aug 15, 2016.
The dust has settled from ICML 2016, having been held in June in NYC. Read some perspective on what was offered at the conference and relevant takeaways from a reflective attendee.
- Three Impactful Machine Learning Topics at ICML 2016 - Jul 1, 2016.
This post discusses 3 particular tutorial sessions of impact from the recent ICML 2016 conference held in New York. Check out some innovative ideas on Deep Residual Networks, Memory Networks for Language Understanding, and Non-Convex Optimization.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n23, Jun 29: Machine Learning Trends & Future of AI; Data Science Kaggle Walkthrough; Regularization in Logistic Regression - Jun 29, 2016.
- Embrace the Random: A Case for Randomizing Acceptance of Borderline Papers - May 16, 2016.
A case for using randomization in the selection of borderline academic papers, a particular use case which has parallels with many other possible scenarios.
- Can deep learning help find the perfect date? - Jul 10, 2015.
When a Machine Learning PhD student at University of Montreal starts using Tinder, he soon realises that something is missing in the dating app - the ability to predict to which girls he is attracted. Harm de Vries applies Deep Learning to assist in the pursuit of the perfect match.