- SIGKDD Community Impact Program (Deadline Jun. 15) - Mar 27, 2020.
SIGKDD is announcing a funding opportunity through its Community Impact Program.The goal of the program is to support projects that promote data science and help the data science community to grow, broaden, and diversify. Read more here.
- Covid-19, your community, and you — a data science perspective - Mar 11, 2020.
Let's talk about covid-19; the reality, the numbers, and the data science.
- A Non-Technical Reading List for Data Science - Dec 2, 2019.
The world still cannot be reduced to numbers on a page because human beings are still the ones making all the decisions. So, the best data scientists understand the numbers and the people. Check out these great data science books that will make you a better data scientist without delving into the technical details.
- Avoiding Another AI Winter - Jan 30, 2017.
This post is a look at the factors -- public fears and a loss of investor appetite -- that could thwart AI progress... if we don’t pay them enough attention.
- Do You Suffer From Analytic Personality Disorder (APD)? - Nov 2, 2016.
Read this lighthearted take on Analytics Personality Disorder, a (nonexistent) syndrome for those obsessed with analytics.
- When Will We Bow To Our Machine Overlords? - Oct 25, 2016.
"I, for one, welcome our new computer overlords." Far from being our overlords, machines are our societal companion, our partner that supports our success and supports the functioning of our society. But the support the machine gives us is rudimentary at best.
- SocDM: Launching the Society of Data Miners – Open Meeting, London, Feb 11 - Jan 19, 2014.
The Society of Data Miners is an independent non-profit organisation which aims to increase the benefits of data mining to society, and to advance the profession of data mining. Come to the first open meeting, London, Feb 11.