- Cartoon: What Else Can AI Guess From Your Face? - Sep 16, 2017.
Recent story about AI able to guess if a person is gay or straight from their photo led us to think what else can AI guess from your face.
- Web Scraping with R: Online Food Blogs Example - Jun 29, 2017.
We consider scraping data from online food blogs to construct a data set of recipes with ingredients, nutritional information and more, and do exploratory analysis which provides tasty insights.
- Clean Data Science: Evaluating The Cleanliness of NYC Craft Beer Bar Kitchens - Jan 13, 2017.
An analysis of NYC Open Data health inspections showing that craft beer bar kitchens in Manhattan are cleaner than the average establishment by a statistically significant margin. An encouraging finding for Dry January.
- A Tasty approach to data science - Jan 7, 2017.
Data scientists at Foodpairing help brands cut down on the fuzzy front end of product development. The so-called Consumer Flavor Intelligence combines internet data and food science to create timely flavor line extensions.
- Cartoon: When Self-Driving Car + Machine Learning takes you too far … - Jan 4, 2017.
What can happen in the not too distant future when advanced technologies like a Self-Driving car and Machine Learning Recommendations Engine are combined ...
- Nutrition & Principal Component Analysis: A Tutorial - Jun 16, 2016.
A great overview of Principal Component Analysis (PCA), with an example application in the field of nutrition.