- How AI Learns What You’re Willing to Pay - Dec 28, 2017.
Why are we all paying different prices? Is it price "personalization" or price "discrimination"? The answer isn't so simple.
- Google Got a Lot of Data About You - Mar 9, 2017.
This article will dive into six types of data that most big tech companies, and especially Google, gather about consumers.
- Neuroscience for Data Scientists: Understanding Human Behaviour - Mar 8, 2017.
Neuroscience is very complex and advanced study of brain and people often misuse this term. Here we try to explain neuroscience terminologies and use of data science for such studies.
- Overcoming the Last Hurdle in the Quest for the “Holy Grail” of Marketing - Feb 8, 2017.
A consumer’s complete digital footprint is a messy, fuzzy, dynamic picture. But data science is helping make digital identity as stable as physical identity – the last hurdle in the quest for the "holy grail" of marketing.
- A Tasty approach to data science - Jan 7, 2017.
Data scientists at Foodpairing help brands cut down on the fuzzy front end of product development. The so-called Consumer Flavor Intelligence combines internet data and food science to create timely flavor line extensions.
- Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science were applied in 2016 - Dec 12, 2016.
CRM/Consumer Analytics, Finance, and Banking are still the leading applications, but Anti-spam, Mobile apps, Travel/hospitality grew the most in 2016. Share of Health care, Consumer analytics, and Direct Marketing/ Fundraising data science applications declined for 2 years in a row.
- 8451: Statistical Model Research Scientist - Sep 9, 2016.
Seeking a Research Scientist who will employ skills and experience to improve, create and innovate data-driven modeling approaches for our price and promotion solutions, while anticipating and charting future research needs.
- Altria: Senior Analyst, Consumer & Marketplace Insights - Jul 1, 2016.
Imagine your next position developing Consumer and Marketplace Insights for a Fortune 200 Company with a rich tradition of success, built on a foundation of iconic brands, and state-of-the-art research and manufacturing facilities.
- Wells Fargo: Data Scientist - Mar 3, 2016.
Apply statistical/ machine learning techniques, to develop segmentations, predictive models, experimental designs, and decision analyses; Develop algorithms to optimize product offering, pricing, and distribution channel, and more.
- Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science were applied in 2015 - Jan 23, 2016.
Consumer Analytics is still the leading application area for analytics & data mining (although losing its share), followed by Finance, and Banking. Highest growth is in Games, Entertainment/Music, and Social Good/Non-profit applications. 3-year comparison shows surprising stability.
- Michael J. Fox Foundation: Director, CRM and Analytics - Nov 7, 2015.
Key leadership role in enabling the Foundation to meet its strategic goals and significant responsibility for all platforms in our data ecosystem, analytical activities, and vendor relationships.
- Hawthorne Direct: Director of Analytics - Oct 26, 2015.
Lead the management, development and deployment of business analytical solutions relevant to Consumer Marketing while establishing best practices for data science methodologies and tools.
- Legendary Entertainment, Applied Analytics: Quantitative Researcher - Oct 23, 2015.
Legendary is a leading global media company producing innovative content like Jurassic World, Godzilla, and The Dark Knight. Applied Analytics division develops models to predict and influence consumer purchasing decisions in entertainment and beyond.
- WCAI Research Opportunity, Apr 24: He Said, She Bought – User-Generated Reviews and Purchase Behavior - Apr 6, 2015.
The data collected by a UK-based big box retailer, with all website visits, page views, reviews read, and purchases made gives researchers an unprecedented opportunity to look at how customers shop for products. Register for the webinar on Apr 24.
- Hazy Forecast for Consumer Privacy in the Next Decade - Apr 2, 2015.
Majority of experts felt that developing a privacy framework that would be both popular and functional was next to impossible in the near future. With time, privacy is likely tol become a class issue with consumers who have the money having the ability to secure their data better.
- Where Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science is applied - Dec 9, 2014.
CRM/Consumer analytics, Banking, and Health care are the most popular industries, but also joined by new sectors including Oil / Gas / Energy, Automotive, and HR/workforce analytics.
- Interview: Igor Elbert, Gilt on Boosting Sales through Analytics-curated Shopping - Dec 4, 2014.
We discuss Analytics at Gilt, unique Analytics challenges of a flash sales portal, consumer behavior across channels, interesting insights, advice and more.