- Enhancing Machine Learning Personalization through Variety - Aug 19, 2021.
Personalization drives growth and is a touchstone of good customer experience. Personalization driven through machine learning can enable companies to improve this experience while improving ROI for marketing campaigns. However, challenges exist in these techniques for when personalization makes sense and how and when specific options are recommended.
- A Non-Compromising Approach to Privacy-Preserving Personalized Services - Jan 8, 2019.
Could one even achieve both high privacy and high utility? Yes, and we explain how.
- A Machine Learning Deep Dive [Webinar, Dec 13] - Dec 11, 2018.
Learn how ShopRunner uses Databricks on AWS and Snowflake to tackle data science problems across personalization, recommendations, targeting, and analysis of text and images.
- Analyzing Personalization Results - Jun 27, 2018.
The 4th part of this series will help answer the following questions: “Should I improve something or make changes to the system? Can it work more effectively? Can I squeeze the lion’s share of it?”
- Technical Content Personalization - Jun 20, 2018.
Part 3 of this series moves on from segmenting audiences to the technological side of the process.
- Introduction to Content Personalization - May 30, 2018.
The basics of user experience and content personalization. The way to target your audience more precisely and effectively.
- The New Neural Internet is Coming - Feb 23, 2018.
The Generative Adversarial Networks (GANs) are the first step of neural networks technology learning creativity.
- How AI Learns What You’re Willing to Pay - Dec 28, 2017.
Why are we all paying different prices? Is it price "personalization" or price "discrimination"? The answer isn't so simple.
- The Unintended Consequences of Machine Learning - Jun 8, 2017.
But with great power comes great responsibility. Let me tell you a story about the unintended consequences of well-meaning machine learning research.
- Disney: Decisioning Development Manager II - Oct 1, 2015.
Responsible for the in-house management of Guest decisioning in WDPR real-time personalization tool; engage the business to frame, structure and prioritize business decisioning needs, and meet those needs through the creation, and coding, of content decisioning logic resulting in tailored recommendations.
- Interview: Joseph Babcock, Netflix on Discovery and Personalization from Big Data - Jun 15, 2015.
We discuss the steps involved in Discovery process at Netflix, impact due to multitude of devices, system generated logs, and surprising insights.
- Interview: Ranjan Sinha, eBay on Winner Insights from International Sorting Competitions - Jun 10, 2015.
We discuss advancements in the field of Personalization, lessons from winning sorting competitions, Data Science trends, career advice, and more.
- Interview: Antonio Magnaghi, TicketMaster on Why Honesty is Key for Analytics Success - May 19, 2015.
We discuss lessons from implementing lambda architecture, impact of Big Data on recommender systems, trends, advice, and more.
- Ontotext Webinar: Semantic Publishing, Enhancing Content and Engagement, Mar 26 - Mar 17, 2015.
Ontotext will show how news and media publishers can use semantic publishing technology to more efficiently generate content while increasing audience engagement through personalization and recommendations.
- Interview: Igor Elbert, Gilt on Boosting Sales through Analytics-curated Shopping - Dec 4, 2014.
We discuss Analytics at Gilt, unique Analytics challenges of a flash sales portal, consumer behavior across channels, interesting insights, advice and more.
- Interview: Sastry Malladi, StubHub on Designing Big Data Architecture for the Unknown Future - Jul 28, 2014.
We discuss the Big Data architecture at StubHub, important factors in architecture design, hybrid approach of using Big Data along with traditional data warehouses, challenges, importance of meta-data and more.
- Interview: Cliff Lyon, Stubhub on Mastering Recommendation & Personalization Analytics Part 2 - Jul 19, 2014.
We discuss current trends, future vision, interesting correlations, privacy concerns, and advice for Data Science practitioners.
- Interview: Cliff Lyon, Stubhub on Mastering the Art of Recommendation and Personalization Analytics - Jul 18, 2014.
We discuss challenges in designing recommendation and personalization systems, how to select the right metrics, and learning regarding presentation of recommendation on different channels.
- RichRelevance: Marketing and Merchandising Analyst - May 17, 2014.
Data integration, report automation, and ad hoc analysis using RichRelevance multi-petabyte database containing event-level data on hundreds of millions of shoppers and millions of products.
- Media Industry Embracing Analytics for Innovation and Competitive Edge - May 13, 2014.
Survey results highlight the importance of Analytics capability in media industry and the consumer beliefs on privacy vs. personalization benefits.
- NineSigma Big Data Analytics RFP - May 9, 2014.
NineSigma is seeking proposals for mining user browsing/operations history, social networking services, and sensing devices to improve personalization and recommendation of products. Submit by May 23, 2014.
- DemandBase: Data Engineer - May 6, 2014.
If you like to work on unique Big Data problems using leading edge technology, enjoy collaborative, friendly and flexible work environment, then join our innovative Data Engineering team.
- Prediction.io open source machine learning server - Apr 10, 2014.
Prediction.io is an open source machine learning server for predictive solutions, such as personalization or recommendations, built on top of scalable frameworks such as Hadoop and Cascading - ready to handle Big Data.
- Three ways to extract business value from analytics - Apr 4, 2014.
Data Driven Business recently interviewed 9 corporate analytics experts from companies like Johnson & Johnson, L’Oreal Paris, and Google about current trends in analytics and what companies should focus on in 2014 and found 3 main area of focus.