- KDnuggets™ News 19:n03, Jan 16: Top 10 Books on NLP and Text Analysis; End To End Guide For Machine Learning Projects - Jan 16, 2019.
Also: Why Vegetarians Miss Fewer Flights - Five Bizarre Insights from Data; 4 Myths of Big Data and 4 Ways to Improve with Deep Data; The Role of the Data Engineer is Changing; How to solve 90% of NLP problems: a step-by-step guide
- Introducing WSO2 Stream Processor - Jun 25, 2018.
WSO2 Stream Processor is an open source, lightweight, Streaming SQL based platform that enables you to do running aggregations, to detect patterns, and to generate alerts on data streams in real-time.
- Event Processing: Three Important Open Problems - May 28, 2018.
This article summarizes the three most important problems to be solved in event processing. The facts in this article are supported by a recent survey and an analysis conducted on the industry trends.
- Actionable Insights: Obliterating BI, Data Warehousing as We Know It - Oct 27, 2017.
There is a big demand of quick insights or real time analytics from business side. But traditional BI or data warehouse architectures lack this realtime functionality. Here we discuss realtime analytics architecture in details.
- Data Insight Leaders Summit, Barcelona, 12-13 Oct - Jun 10, 2016.
Listen to experienced speakers - Heads of Data Science, Analytics and BI - sharing their first-hand experience on the do's and don'ts to successfully fast-track the right data experiments into actionable intelligence! Use code KDNUGGETS10 to save.
- From Insight-as-a-Service to Insightful Applications - May 5, 2016.
Applications that combine machine learning, AI, and domain knowledge have strong potential for industry and investors.
Pages: 1 2
- Interview: Stefan Groschupf, Datameer on Balancing Accuracy and Simplicity in Analytics - Aug 4, 2015.
We discuss common pain points in Big Data projects, evolution of Datameer technology, department specific solution – Datameer Professional, Datameer 5.0 Smart Execution, tacking over-simplicity and more.
- Interview: Ramkumar Ravichandran, Visa on Actionable Insights – Easier Said Than Done - Jul 14, 2015.
We discuss Analytics at Visa, adapting to the Big Data world, gaps between expectations and delivery from Analytics, delivering Actionable Insights, and tools/technologies used.
- Interview: Joseph Babcock, Netflix on Discovery and Personalization from Big Data - Jun 15, 2015.
We discuss the steps involved in Discovery process at Netflix, impact due to multitude of devices, system generated logs, and surprising insights.
- Interview: Ranjan Sinha, eBay on Winner Insights from International Sorting Competitions - Jun 10, 2015.
We discuss advancements in the field of Personalization, lessons from winning sorting competitions, Data Science trends, career advice, and more.
- Interview: Xia Wang, AstraZeneca on Unraveling Patient Treatment Journey by NLP on Clinical Notes - Apr 9, 2015.
We discuss Analytics at AstraZeneca, prominent use cases, how NLP helped understanding patient treatment journey in diabetes, data sources, insights, and more.
- Interview: Kenneth Viciana, Equifax on Data Lake & Other Strategies for Insights Culture - Mar 13, 2015.
We discuss the responsibilities of Enterprise Data Strategy team at Equifax, why Data Lake, Equifax Decision360, how to set up Insights Culture and bottlenecks for value delivery from Big Data.
- Interview: Amit Sheth, Kno.e.sis on Deriving Actionable Insights from Social Data - Jan 15, 2015.
We discuss Twitris—a tool for collective social intelligence, challenges in using social data to get actionable insights during emergency situations, managing Data Variety, and entrepreneurship.
- Interview: Igor Elbert, Gilt on Boosting Sales through Analytics-curated Shopping - Dec 4, 2014.
We discuss Analytics at Gilt, unique Analytics challenges of a flash sales portal, consumer behavior across channels, interesting insights, advice and more.