- Algorithms of Social Manipulation - Oct 9, 2020.
As we all continuously interact with each other and our favorite businesses through apps and websites, the level at which we are being tracked and monitored is significant. While the technologies behind these capabilities provide us value, the tech companies can also influence our decisions on where to click, spend our money, and much more.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n31, Aug 12: Data Science Skills: Have vs Want: Vote in the New Poll; Netflix Polynote is a New Open Source Framework to Build Better Data Science Notebooks - Aug 12, 2020.
Vote in the new KDnuggets poll
: which data science skills you have and which ones you want? Netflix is not only for movies - its Polynote is a new open source framework to build better data science notebooks; Learn about containerization of PySpark using Kubernetes; Read the findings from Data Scientist Job Market 2020 analysis; and Explore GPT-3 latest.
- Netflix’s Polynote is a New Open Source Framework to Build Better Data Science Notebooks - Aug 5, 2020.
The new notebook environment provides substantial improvements to streamline experimentation in machine learning workflows.
- A Tour of End-to-End Machine Learning Platforms - Jul 29, 2020.
An end-to-end machine learning platform needs a holistic approach. If you’re interested in learning more about a few well-known ML platforms, you’ve come to the right place!
- Content-based Recommender Using Natural Language Processing (NLP) - Nov 26, 2019.
A guide to build a content-based movie recommender model based on NLP.
- Data Anonymization – History and Key Ideas - Oct 17, 2019.
While effective anonymization technology remains elusive, understanding the history of this challenge can guide data science practitioners to address these important concerns through ethical and responsible use of sensitive information.
- How LinkedIn, Uber, Lyft, Airbnb and Netflix are Solving Data Management and Discovery for Machine Learning Solutions - Aug 22, 2019.
As machine learning evolves, the need for tools and platforms that automate the lifecycle management of training and testing datasets is becoming increasingly important. Fast growing technology companies like Uber or LinkedIn have been forced to build their own in-house data lifecycle management solutions to power different groups of machine learning models.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 24-30: Nothing but NumPy: Understanding and Creating Neural Nets w. Computational Graphs from Scratch; How Netflix works - Jul 31, 2019.
How Netflix works: the (hugely simplified) complex stuff that happens every time; Top Certificates and Certifications in Analytics, Data Science, ML; Nothing but NumPy: Understanding &Creating Neural Networks with Computation.
- Data Science in the Real World – Meet Netflix, Google and Amazon at DATAx Singapore - Jan 30, 2019.
Machine learning, predictive analytics, IoT, smart cities and fintech are some of the hot topics where you need to know the latest. Get a sneak peak of upcoming DATAx with the DATAx New York festival post event report.
- Three Ways Big Data and Machine Learning Reinvent Online Video Experience - Aug 31, 2018.
With traditional TV viewing on the decline, we discuss several ways Big Data and Machine Learning can assist with online video, including redefining user recommendations, improving video buffering and leveraging MAM orchestration.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n23, Jun 13: Did Python declare victory over R?; Master the Netflix Interview; Deep Learning Projects DIY Style - Jun 13, 2018.
Also: Command Line Tricks For Data Scientists; How (dis)similar are my train and test data?; 5 Machine Learning Projects You Should Not Overlook, June 2018; Introduction to Game Theory; Human Interpretable Machine Learning
- Netflix Data Science Interview Questions: Acing the AI Interview - Jun 7, 2018.
Gain some perspective on the Netflix interview process, and on ways to prepare for just such an industry interview.
- Data Science and the Art of Producing Entertainment at Netflix - Apr 5, 2018.
Each Netflix production is a logistical challenge that consumes and produces a vast amount of data. The tech giant is utilising this data to help them create new content and assist them at every stage, from pre-production to launching the show.
- Strata Data Conference, NYC – Key Trends and Highlights - Oct 12, 2017.
Strata is a conference I very much enjoyed attending. This year, I observed a few common themes that ran across much of the conference content: Data Science Collaboration, Data Ethics, and Platform Optimization.
- 5 Machine Learning Projects You Can No Longer Overlook – Episode VI - Sep 20, 2017.
Deep learning, data preparation, data visualization, oh my! Check out the latest installation of '5 Machine Learning Projects You Can No Longer Overlook' for insight on... well, what machine learning projects you can no longer overlook.
- What data has to teach us about deep learning? - Sep 4, 2017.
Budapest is calling Data Scientists and Data engineers to CRUNCH Conference, Oct 18-20. CRUNCH will feature talks from Google, Airbnb, Tesla, LinkedIn, Netflix, Uber, and more. Use code KDnuggetsAtCrunch to save.
- DataScience: Elevate Live Stream, July 27 - Jul 13, 2017.
Register now for the live stream of DataScience: Elevate, a half-day event featuring data science leaders from Google, Netflix, eHarmony, and other global companies.
- Netflix: Manager, Content Programming Science & Algorithms - Feb 27, 2017.
Seeking a Manager of Content Programming Science & Algorithms, an experienced and entrepreneurial-minded data scientist. This is high-impact and challenging role, and will require both strong leadership and technical prowess.
- Netflix Prize Analyzed: Movie Ratings and Recommender Systems - Mar 18, 2016.
A 195-page monograph by a top-1% Netflix Prize contestant. Learn about the famous machine learning competition. Improve your machine learning skills. Learn how to build recommender systems.
- 6 crazy things Deep Learning and Topological Data Analysis can do with your data - Nov 2, 2015.
Want to analyze a high dimensional dataset and you are running out of options? Find out how Deep Learning combined with Topological Data Analysis can do exactly that and more.
- Using Ensembles in Kaggle Data Science Competitions – Part 2 - Jun 26, 2015.
Aspiring to be a Top Kaggler? Learn more methods like Stacking & Blending. In the previous post we discussed about ensembling models by ways of weighing, averaging and ranks. There is much more to explore in Part-2!
- Interview: Joseph Babcock, Netflix on Curiosity and Courage – Key for Success in Data Science - Jun 17, 2015.
We discuss discovery vs. personalization, advice, trends, desired skills in data scientists, and more.
- Interview: Joseph Babcock, Netflix on Genie, Lipstick, and Other In-house Developed Tools - Jun 16, 2015.
We discuss role of analytics in content acquisition, data architecture at Netflix, organizational structure, and open-source tools from Netflix.
- Interview: Joseph Babcock, Netflix on Discovery and Personalization from Big Data - Jun 15, 2015.
We discuss the steps involved in Discovery process at Netflix, impact due to multitude of devices, system generated logs, and surprising insights.
- Report – MLconf: what industry leaders say about machine learning - Mar 14, 2015.
MLconf hosted in 4 different cities, NYC, Seattle, Atlanta and San Francisco with speakers from big, established companies and from emerging startups, bringing more ideas and experience into the game.
- Strata + Hadoop World 2015 San Jose – Day 2 Highlights - Mar 10, 2015.
Strata + Hadoop World 2015 was a great conference, and here are key insights from some of the best sessions on day 2.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 2-8: 6 categories in the Hadoop Ecosystem; How PayPal uses Deep Learning to fight fraud - Mar 9, 2015.
How #PayPal uses #DeepLearning and detective work to fight #fraud; Beginning #deeplearning with 500 lines of Julia; Processing frameworks for Hadoop and 6 categories in the #Hadoop Ecosystem; KDnuggets Poll results: #Analytics, #DataMining, #DataScience salary income by region.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 4-5: Clarifai Machine Learning software can understand what is in your videos - Feb 6, 2015.
Clarifai #MachineLearning software can understand what is in your videos; #BigData Lessons From @Netflix: comparing House of Cards and Macbeth insights; 2014 was the biggest year for #AI startups; Top Data Scientist @DPatil joined the #WhiteHouse as a data scientist-in-residence.
- Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit, Chicago – Day 1 Highlights - Jan 6, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations by Predictive Analytics leaders from Netflix, LinkedIn and Mashable on day 1 of Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 in Chicago.
- Customer Analytics Summit 2014 Chicago: Day 1 Highlights - Sep 11, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by Big Data & Analytics experts from ShareThis, Netflix and Ancestry on day 1 of Customer Analytics Summit 2014.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 11-12: The entire global economy in one chart; New heroes of #BigData and Analytics - Aug 13, 2014.
The World Bank sums up the entire global economy in one chart; The new heroes of #BigData and Analytics - Chief Data Officers; Top 10 References for applying Big Data and Analytics in Business; Watch: "Building Recommender Systems" by Netflix Research/Eng Director.
- Netflix: Director – Product Analytics, Data Science and Engineering - Aug 11, 2014.
A seasoned leader who can equip the Product organization with all of the data and insights needed to sustain Data-driven decision making culture as we continue to expand globally.
- KDnuggets 14:n16, Does Deep Learning have deep flaws? New poll: Largest dataset analyzed? - Jun 25, 2014.
KDnuggets analytics, data mining, and data science stories, including Features, Software, Opinions, News, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings and Reports, Jobs, Academic, Tweets, CFP, and Quote.
- Top stories for Jun 15-21 - Jun 22, 2014.
Does Deep Learning Have Deep Flaws?; Cartoon: Big Data and World Cup Football; Optimizing the Netflix Experience with Data Science; The Cardinal Sin of Data Mining: Overfitting.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 18-19: Does Deep Learning Have Deep Flaws? Mode opens GitHub for data - Jun 20, 2014.
Does Deep Learning Have Deep Flaws? Mode Analytics opens 'GitHub for data'; Data Science Stack Exchange Q&A site. Big Data Analytics with Google Big Query and R.
- Optimizing the Netflix Streaming Experience with Data Science - Jun 19, 2014.
How Netflix uses data science and Big Data analytics to improve the Quality of streaming experience for its members.
- Netflix: Senior Data Scientist, Streaming Science & Algorithms - Jun 18, 2014.
Join Streaming Science and Algorithms team, find ways to improve the streaming Quality of Experience using algorithms applied to big data.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 16-17: You cannot afford to ignore next #AI wave; 5 Companies doing #BigData Right - Jun 18, 2014.
You cannot afford to ignore next #AI wave - see early leaders; 5 Companies doing #BigData Right: Amazon, British Airways, eBay, Otto group, Netflix; Data Mining 200 years of Patents shows that invention is combinatorial; Cartoon: Big Data and World Cup Football.
- Netflix: Sr. Data Scientist – Marketing Algorithms/Analytics - Apr 12, 2014.
Outgoing, curious, interdisciplinary data expert to work as a data miner, statistical modeler and algorithm designer - work with marketing decision makers to better understand and optimize customer acquisition.