- Amazing Low-Code Machine Learning Capabilities with New Ludwig Update - Jun 22, 2021.
Integration with Ray, MLflow and TabNet are among the top features of this release.
- How Uber manages Machine Learning Experiments with Comet.ml - Apr 21, 2021.
At Uber, where ML is fundamental to most products, a mechanism to manage offline experiments easily is needed to improve developer velocity. To solve for this, Uber AI was looking for a solution that will potentially complement and extend its in-house experiment management and collaboration capabilities.
- Inside the Architecture Powering Data Quality Management at Uber - Feb 22, 2021.
Data Quality Monitor implements novel statistical methods for anomaly detection and quality management in large data infrastructures.
- Uber Open Sources the Third Release of Ludwig, its Code-Free Machine Learning Platform - Oct 13, 2020.
The new release makes Ludwig one of the most complete open source AutoML stacks in the market.
- Algorithms of Social Manipulation - Oct 9, 2020.
As we all continuously interact with each other and our favorite businesses through apps and websites, the level at which we are being tracked and monitored is significant. While the technologies behind these capabilities provide us value, the tech companies can also influence our decisions on where to click, spend our money, and much more.
- A Tour of End-to-End Machine Learning Platforms - Jul 29, 2020.
An end-to-end machine learning platform needs a holistic approach. If you’re interested in learning more about a few well-known ML platforms, you’ve come to the right place!
- Clustering Uber Rideshare Data - Jul 14, 2020.
This blog discusses clustering the Uber ridesharing dataset, with a focus on interpretation and understanding the concepts in the real world.
- Some Things Uber Learned from Running Machine Learning at Scale - Jul 7, 2020.
Uber machine learning runtime Michelangelo has been in operation for a few years. What has the Uber team learned?
- Uber’s Ludwig is an Open Source Framework for Low-Code Machine Learning - Jun 15, 2020.
The new framework allow developers with minimum experience to create and train machine learning models.
- Uber Open Sourced Fiber, a Framework to Streamline Distributed Computing for Reinforcement Learning Models - Apr 6, 2020.
The new framework simplifies distributed and scalable training for reinforcement learning agents.
- 21 Machine Learning Projects – Datasets Included - Mar 9, 2020.
Upgrading your machine learning, AI, and Data Science skills requires practice. To practice, you need to develop models with a large amount of data. Finding good datasets to work with can be challenging, so this article discusses more than 20 great datasets along with machine learning project ideas for you to tackle today.
- Uber Unveils a New Service for Backtesting Machine Learning Models at Scale - Mar 2, 2020.
The transportation giant built a new service and architecture for backtesting forecasting models.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 05-11: #SciPy 1.0: fundamental algorithms for scientific computing in #Python; Why is Data Science so popular? - Feb 12, 2020.
Why is Data Science so Popular?; Visual Paper Summary: ALBERT (A Lite BERT); Uber Has Assembled One of the Most Impressive Open Source DL Stacks; Top #AI Influencers To Follow in 2020
- Uber Has Been Quietly Assembling One of the Most Impressive Open Source Deep Learning Stacks in the Market - Jan 27, 2020.
Many of the technologies used by Uber teams have been open sourced and received accolades from the machine learning community. Let’s look at some of my favorites.
- Uber Creates Generative Teaching Networks to Better Train Deep Neural Networks - Jan 13, 2020.
The new technique can really improve how deep learning models are trained at scale.
- Open Source Projects by Google, Uber and Facebook for Data Science and AI - Nov 28, 2019.
Open source is becoming the standard for sharing and improving technology. Some of the largest organizations in the world namely: Google, Facebook and Uber are open sourcing their own technologies that they use in their workflow to the public.
- How LinkedIn, Uber, Lyft, Airbnb and Netflix are Solving Data Management and Discovery for Machine Learning Solutions - Aug 22, 2019.
As machine learning evolves, the need for tools and platforms that automate the lifecycle management of training and testing datasets is becoming increasingly important. Fast growing technology companies like Uber or LinkedIn have been forced to build their own in-house data lifecycle management solutions to power different groups of machine learning models.
- Introducing the Plato Research Dialogue System: Building Conversational Applications at Uber’s Scale - Aug 15, 2019.
While the process of building simple, domain-specific chatbots has gotten way easier, building large scale, multi-agent conversational applications remains a massive challenge. Recently, the Uber engineering team open sourced the Plato Research Dialogue System, which is the framework powering conversational agents across Uber’s different applications.
- First hand experience from Uber, Microsoft & more at PAW in London - Jun 13, 2019.
Hear top practitioners describe the design, deployment and business impact of their machine learning projects at Predictive Analytics World London, 16-17 Oct 2019!
- Reflections on the State of AI: 2018 - Feb 26, 2019.
We provide a detailed overview of the key developments in the AI space, focusing on key players, applications, opportunities, and challenges.
- Why Vegetarians Miss Fewer Flights – Five Bizarre Insights from Data - Jan 12, 2019.
A frenzy of number-crunching is churning out a heap of insights that are colorful, sometimes surprising, and often valuable. We explain how this works, and investigate five bizarre discoveries found in data.
- Join AI experts from Google Brain, Open AI & Uber AI Labs in San Francisco - Nov 1, 2018.
Join us at the Deep Learning Summit, San Francisco, 24 - 25 Jan 2019. Learn from industry experts in speech & pattern recognition, neural networks, image analysis and NLP, and explore how deep learning will impact all industries.
- Highlight Sessions from Alibaba, Uber, The Washington Post – at Predictive Analytics World London - Sep 24, 2018.
The Predictive Analytics World London 2018 (Sep 17-18) agenda is now live. Have a look at what all the excitement is about!
- Top-notch experts from Uber, PwC, HP & many more – Predictive Analytics World for Industry 4.0 - May 24, 2018.
Business users, decision-makers, and experts in predictive analytics will meet on 12-13 June 2018 in Munich to discover and discuss the latest trends and technologies in machine & deep learning for the era of Internet of Things and artificial intelligence.
- Hear the latest AI advancements in robotics & automation from Uber, Hitachi, Google & more - Apr 26, 2018.
The Summits will bring together 550 experts and 60 speakers using AI and deep learning to improve operations in manufacturing, and creating the next generation of intelligent robots. Save 20% with code KDNUGGETS.
- Deep Learning World Vegas – Talks from Cisco, Cap1, Lyft, Qantas, Uber… - Feb 19, 2018.
The inaugural Deep Learning World heads to Caesar's Palace Las Vegas, Jun 3-7, alongside Predictive Analytics World. Early Bird pricing ends Friday – Register now!
- Deep Learning by Uber – at PAW Vegas 2018 – Best Price Ends Friday - Dec 19, 2017.
Announcing Deep Learning World: The call-for-speakers for the inaugural Deep Learning World, June 3-7, 2018 in Las Vegas is open. Agenda now posted for Predictive Analytics World, Las Vegas – June 3-7, 2018.
- What Top Firms Ask: 100+ Data Science Interview Questions - Mar 22, 2017.
Check this out: A topic wise collection of 100+ data science interview questions from top companies.
- Uber-fication! Uberize Your Business - Jan 2, 2017.
We examine what Uber has done that drives success in many markets across the globe and why so many businesses are seeking an Uber-style solution to their business. We present a listing of lessons on what to do if you are seeking to Uber-ize your business model.
- Engineering Intelligence Through Data Visualization at Uber - Jun 1, 2016.
An overview of how Uber is using data visualization to help drive intelligence, directly from the Uber data visualization team.
- Automakers Must Partner Around Big Data - May 26, 2016.
A discussion on the need for auto manufacturers to come together and leverage Big Data.
Pages: 1 2
- Uber-fication: Lessons from Uber in Economics, Digital, Risk, and Analytics - Dec 5, 2015.
Uber-fication or Uberisation is the conversion of existing jobs and services into discrete tasks that can be requested on-demand; the emulation or adoption of the Uber’s business model. Here we have discussed opportunities, risk and challenges while doing uberisation.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 22-29: Kaggle Machine Learning Tutorial in R; 50 Smartest Companies – shaping the #technology landscape - Jun 30, 2015.
Free @Kaggle #MachineLearning Tutorial in R - learn how to compete; 50 Smartest Companies - shaping the #technology landscape; Excellent Tutorial on #Sequence #Learning using #Recurrent #Neural #Networks; How a #DataScientist buys a #car.
- Uber ATC: Machine Learning Specialist - Jun 20, 2015.
Our research focuses on vehicle autonomy and all the areas that support it including learning, big data systems, planning, control, mapping, perception, simulation, and user interfaces.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 30 – Apr 01: Very useful! Data Visualization with ggplot2 CheatSheet - Apr 2, 2015.
Very useful! Data Visualization with ggplot2 Cheat Sheet; Great Data Science resource: Intro to Statistics using Python, Pandas; 14 Best Python Pandas Features; Data Science shows why taxis can never compete.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 26-29: The Basic Recipe for #MachineLearning in one slide; The Grammar of Data Science – comparing Python and R - Mar 30, 2015.
The Basic Recipe for Machine Learning in one slide; The Grammar of Data Science - comparing Python and R; Uber Data Science team reveals why taxis may never be able to compete; Comparing @PredictionIO (Open Source Version) vs Microsoft Azure Machine Learning.