- KDnuggets™ News 20:n39, Oct 14: A step-by-step guide for creating an authentic data science portfolio project; Strategies of Docker Images Optimization - Oct 14, 2020.
Learn how to create inspiring Data Science portfolio projects; How to optimize Docker images; How LinkedIn Uses Machine Learning in its Recruiter Recommendation Systems; Understand the Algorithms of Social Manipulation; and read the annotated Machine Learning research papers.
- How LinkedIn Uses Machine Learning in its Recruiter Recommendation Systems - Oct 8, 2020.
LinkedIn uses some very innovative machine learning techniques to optimize candidate recommendations.
- LinkedIn’s Pro-ML Architecture Summarizes Best Practices for Building Machine Learning at Scale - Sep 23, 2020.
The reference architecture is powering mission critical machine learning workflows within LinkedIn.
- Autotuning for Multi-Objective Optimization on LinkedIn’s Feed Ranking - Aug 19, 2020.
In this post, the authors share their experience coming up with an automated system to tune one of the main parameters in their machine learning model that recommends content on LinkedIn’s Feed, which is just one piece of the community-focused architecture.
- The List of Top 10 Lists in Data Science - Aug 14, 2020.
The list of Top 10 lists that Data Scientists -- from enthusiasts to those who want to jump start a career -- must know to smoothly navigate a path through this field.
- LinkedIn Open Sources a Small Component to Simplify the TensorFlow-Spark Interoperability - May 25, 2020.
Spark-TFRecord enables the processing of TensorFlow’s TFRecord structures in Apache Spark.
- The Architecture Used at LinkedIn to Improve Feature Management in Machine Learning Models - May 11, 2020.
The new typed feature schema streamlined the reusability of features across thousands of machine learning models.
- Research into 1,001 Data Scientist LinkedIn Profiles, the latest - Mar 31, 2020.
What makes a data scientist today? Consider this review of data collected from three years worth of data scientist LinkedIn profiles to gain insight into how this important new career path is shaping up.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n43, Nov 13: Dynamic Reports in Python and R; Creating NLP Vocabularies; What is Data Science? - Nov 13, 2019.
On KDnuggets this week: Orchestrating Dynamic Reports in Python and R with Rmd Files; How to Create a Vocabulary for NLP Tasks in Python; What is Data Science?; The Complete Data Science LinkedIn Profile Guide; Set Operations Applied to Pandas DataFrames; and much, much more.
- The Complete Data Science LinkedIn Profile Guide - Nov 11, 2019.
With so many Data Scientists showing up on LinkedIn, it's time to make sure your profile is top-notch because your talent is still highly sought after. Recruitment specialists want to find you fast, and this guide will help you create the best profile to feature your expertise.
- How LinkedIn, Uber, Lyft, Airbnb and Netflix are Solving Data Management and Discovery for Machine Learning Solutions - Aug 22, 2019.
As machine learning evolves, the need for tools and platforms that automate the lifecycle management of training and testing datasets is becoming increasingly important. Fast growing technology companies like Uber or LinkedIn have been forced to build their own in-house data lifecycle management solutions to power different groups of machine learning models.
- Data Scientist – Best Job of the Year in USA - May 8, 2019.
CareerCast ranks Data Scientist as the top job in USA, with very good work environment, low stress, high growth, and median salary of $114,520.
- Network with Google, Intel, Facebook, LinkedIn & more - Mar 27, 2019.
The Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit takes place Apr 29 & 30 in San Diego. Secure your place at this must-attend event for data professionals today and deep-dive into a new era of AI and data strategy.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n43, Nov 14: To get hired as a data scientist, don’t follow the herd; LinkedIn Top Voices in Data Science & Analytics - Nov 14, 2018.
Also: What does a data scientist REALLY look like? 10 Free Must-See Courses for Machine Learning and Data Science.
- LinkedIn Top Voices 2018: Data Science & Analytics - Nov 13, 2018.
Meet 10 must-know writers and creators discussing everything from the prominence of Python to the ethical implications of artificial intelligence. Hint - you already know no. 1.
- The Most in Demand Skills for Data Scientists - Nov 2, 2018.
Data scientists are expected to know a lot — machine learning, computer science, statistics, mathematics, data visualization, communication, and deep learning. How should data scientists who want to be in demand by employers spend their learning budget?
- How many data scientists are there and is there a shortage? - Sep 18, 2018.
We examine the famous McKinsey prediction from 2011 and look into whether there a shortage of people with analytical expertise and estimate how many Data Scientists are there.
- What is Web Scraping and Why You Should Learn It? - Sep 10, 2018.
Introducing Octoparse - a sleek, powerful and easy-to-use software that makes web scraping from any websites achievable for most people, including non-coders.
- DIY Deep Learning Projects - Jun 8, 2018.
Inspired by the great work of Akshay Bahadur in this article you will see some projects applying Computer Vision and Deep Learning, with implementations and details so you can reproduce them on your computer.
- The Doing Part of Learning Data Science - Feb 6, 2018.
Consider this a beginner’s answer to “Studied Basics, What Next?”
- The Art of Learning Data Science - Jan 9, 2018.
A beginner’s account of getting into comfort zone of learning Data Science.
- Machine Learning Engineer, Data Scientist – top US emerging jobs - Dec 27, 2017.
Machine Learning Engineer jobs grew almost 10 fold since 2012, and Data Scientist jobs grew 6.5 times. However, finding qualified people to fill such jobs remains difficult.
- Can I Become a Data Scientist: Research into 1,001 Data Scientist Profiles - Dec 26, 2017.
Results from a survey include: the average data scientist is a male, with median experience on the job is 2 years. He uses R, Python, and SQL. Read for more details.
- How LinkedIn Makes Personalized Recommendations via Photon-ML Machine Learning tool - Oct 16, 2017.
In this article we focus on the personalization aspect of model building and explain the modeling principle as well as how to implement Photon-ML so that it can scale to hundreds of millions of users.
- Top 10 Active Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning Influencers on LinkedIn, Updated - Sep 26, 2017.
Looking for advice? Guidance? Stories? We’ve put a list of the top ten LinkedIn influencers of the last three months, follow them and stay up-to-date with the latest news in Big Data, Data Science, Analytics, Machine Learning and AI.
- 100,000 LinkedIn Followers - Jan 20, 2017.
I reached a milestone of 100,000 LinkedIn followers this week. Here are some of my most popular recent posts.
- Valuable Data Products: Answers to Career Questions and More - Oct 21, 2016.
Collecting high quality data from various resources and turning it into data products is one of the ways to monetize data in today’s digital economy. Lets take a deeper look into it.
- Top LinkedIn Groups for Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science in 2016 - Oct 20, 2016.
Big Data and Analytics became the largest group. Overall engagement rates decline, but liking a post is 6.5 times more common than commenting. Machine Learning & Data Science, KDnuggets, and Data Scientists have the highest engagement levels.
Pages: 1 2
- LinkedIn Knowledge Graph – KDnuggets Interview - Oct 18, 2016.
We interview LinkedIn about their recently published LinkedIn Knowledge Graph which connects their many millions of members, jobs, companies, and more.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n35, Oct 5: Biggest Issues in Data Science; Data Science for IoT: 10 differences - Oct 5, 2016.
Biggest Issues in Data Science; Data Mining vs. Statistics; Data Science for Internet of Things (IoT): 10 Differences; Active Big Data, Data Science Leaders on LinkedIn.
- Top 16 Active Big Data, Data Science Leaders on LinkedIn - Sep 23, 2016.
Who are the most active Big Data, Data Science Influencers and Leaders on LinkedIn? We analyze the data and bring you the list of key people to follow.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Aug 24-30: #DataScientist – sexiest job of the 21st century until …; Activation Function in #NeuralNetworks. - Aug 31, 2016.
Cartoon: #DataScientist - sexiest job of the 21st century until ...; What is the Role of the Activation Function in Neural Networks?; LinkedIn Machine Learning team tutorial on building #Recommender system; Create a #Chatbot for #Telegram in #Python to Summarize Text.
- What is Your Data Worth? On LinkedIn, Microsoft, and the Value of User Data - Jun 20, 2016.
The recent announcement of Microsoft’s acquisition of LinkedIn has raised many questions about how Microsoft will monetize this data. We examine LinkedIn value per user and compare to Google, Facebook, Yahoo, and Twitter.
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n17, May 11: Machine Learning Algorithms From Scratch; Big Data Leaders on LinkedIn; Data Science Career - May 11, 2016.
Why Implement Machine Learning Algorithms From Scratch? Meet the 11 Big Data, Data Science Leaders on LinkedIn; Free Advice For Building Your Data Science Career; 10 Essential Books for Data Enthusiast.
- Meet the 11 Big Data & Data Science Leaders on LinkedIn - May 6, 2016.
In this post, we present a list of popular data science leaders on LinkedIn. Follow these leaders who will keep you in touch with the latest Data Science happenings!
- The Force Awakens In Data – Industry Leaders Comment - Feb 29, 2016.
While Rey, saw her force come to life in less then 30min, the data industry has been waiting for ‘that’ to happen, for half a decade. However, finally, business-focused analytics and data discovery are on the rise.
Pages: 1 2
- Strata + Hadoop World 2015 Singapore – Day 1 Highlights - Dec 11, 2015.
Here are the quick takeaways and valuable insights from selected talks at one of the most reputed conferences in Big Data – Strata + Hadoop World 2015, Singapore.
- Top LinkedIn Groups for Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science – Discussions up, Engagement down - May 4, 2015.
While discussions are growing, the comments and engagements are falling, especially since 2012. We cluster groups into 4 quadrants by activity level and identify most active and engaged groups. Open groups are twice as active as closed.
- Data Scientists Thoughts that Inspire - Apr 29, 2015.
Inspirational thoughts from leading data scientists, including Yann LeCun, Erin Shellman, Daniel Tunkelang, Claudia Perlich, and Jake Porway. What inspires you?
Pages: 1 2
- Top LinkedIn Groups for Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science – from “Big Bang” to Now - Apr 19, 2015.
We examine top LinkedIn groups in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science from the Big Bang era of group creation to present, and identify the largest groups, the fastest growing groups, and 2 main clusters.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit, San Diego: Day 2 Highlights - Apr 8, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations by Predictive Analytics leaders from eBay, LinkedIn and Facebook on day 2 of Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit 2015 in San Diego.
Pages: 1 2
- Big Data Developer Conference, Santa Clara: Day 2 Highlights - Apr 2, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations/tutorials by Data Science leaders from Cloudera, LinkedIn, Intel, MapR, Locbit and others on day 2 of Big Data Developer Conference 2015.
Pages: 1 2
- Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit, Chicago – Day 1 Highlights - Jan 6, 2015.
Highlights from the presentations by Predictive Analytics leaders from Netflix, LinkedIn and Mashable on day 1 of Predictive Analytics Innovation Summit 2014 in Chicago.
- KDnuggets 14:n35, Data Mining: Hottest Skill; 2015 Predictions; KDD-2015 - Dec 29, 2014.
2015 Predictions: What will happen to big data and data science? KDD-2015 in Sydney - CFP; Open Source Tools for Machine Learning; The Big Data of Wearables.
- Data Mining (and Statistical Analysis) is LinkedIn Hottest Skill in 2014 - Dec 18, 2014.
Data Mining was LinkedIn Hottest Skill in 2014, moving up from number 5 in 2013. Top locations for "data mining" skill were US, India, Australia, and Canada, while top companies were IBM, Microsoft, Google, and Accenture.
- R and Hadoop make Machine Learning Possible for Everyone - Nov 16, 2014.
R and Hadoop make machine learning approachable enough for inexperienced users to begin analyzing and visualizing interesting data to start down the path in this lucrative field.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 31 – Nov 2: Nate Silver on 3 Keys to Great Information Design - Nov 3, 2014.
Best Infographics of the Year: Nate Silver on 3 Keys to Great Information Design; The invention of the Equals Sign jump-started math; A Great Collection of Machine Learning Algorithms; LinkedIn breaking up its data science team.
- LinkedIn Economic Graph Challenge - Oct 16, 2014.
Leverage the LinkedIn Economic Graph for your innovative and ambitious ideas for increasing economic value and gaining insights into economic opportunities using LinkedIn data and support. Proposals due Dec 15.
- Interview: Vita Markman, LinkedIn on Discovering Customer Insights through Sentiment Mining - Aug 5, 2014.
We discuss examples of discovery through sentiment mining, current trends, innovative applications, important soft skills, and more.
- Interview: Vita Markman, LinkedIn on Practical Solutions for Sentiment Mining Challenges - Aug 4, 2014.
We discuss sentiment data models, significance of linguistic features, handling the noise in social conversations, industry challenges, important use cases and the appropriateness of over-simplified binary classification.
- Big Data Innovation Summit 2014 Santa Clara: Highlights of Selected Talks on Day 1 - Apr 25, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by big data technology practitioners from eBay, YarcData, LinkedIn, Trulia, and other leading companies on day 1 of Big Data Innovation Summit 2014 in Santa Clara.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 14-15 - Apr 16, 2014.
9 Free Books for Learning Data Mining and Data Science; Coursera #DataScience Specialization: 10 courses from JHU; Top LinkedIn Groups in 2014 for Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science; EMC Data Science and Big Data Analytics Offer.
- KDnuggets 14:n09: Top LinkedIn Groups in 2014; Big Data Vendor Analysis; Teaching Machine Learning - Apr 16, 2014.
Latest analytics, data mining, and data science stories, including Features, Opinions, Software, News, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings, Jobs, Academic positions, Publications, Tweets, CFP.
- Top LinkedIn Groups in 2014 for Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science - Apr 14, 2014.
We analyze Top 30 LinkedIn Groups for Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science. Overall activity drops about 25%, but membership growth accelerates in Q4 2013. We identify 4 group quadrants and find which groups are fastest growing and most active.
- Data Analytics Handbook – Interviews with Data Scientists and Tech Leaders, free download - Apr 12, 2014.
A young team of UC Berkeley students produced a Data Analytics Handbook - free to download, featuring interviews with data scientists and tech leaders from leading companies including LinkedIn, Cloudera, Facebook, Yelp, and Flurry.
- Top stories for Mar 30 – Apr 5: Exclusive Interview – LinkedIn Economic Graph - Apr 6, 2014.
Is Data Scientist the right career path - Candid advice; Exclusive: Interview with Sriram Sankar - LinkedIn Economic Graph; Information Management 10 More Big Data Companies; Top stories in March: Machine Learning in 7 Pictures.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 31 – Apr 1: Experfy marketplace for Data Science projects; Event Recommendation in Python - Apr 2, 2014.
Experfy launches a marketplace for #DataScience projects; Machine Learning Project: Event Recommendation in Python ; Anyone can see your email address on LinkedIn with this Chrome extension; 5 reasons to use R: free, popularity, power, flexibility, support.
- Exclusive: Interview with Sriram Sankar – LinkedIn Economic Graph - Apr 2, 2014.
KDnuggets talks with Sriram Sankar, Principal Staff Engineer at LinkedIn about LinkedIn’s “Economic Graph”, Entity-Oriented Search, and the biggest challenges towards delivering relevant, personalized search results.
- KDnuggets 14:n07, Data Scientist Salary; Test your Numbersense; 4 LinkedIn steps - Mar 26, 2014.
Latest Analytics, Big Data, Data science and Data mining news, including Features, Opinions, Software, News Briefs, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings, Jobs, Academic positions, Top Tweets, and CFP .
- Exclusive: Interview with Daniel Tunkelang, Head of Query Understanding at LinkedIn - Mar 19, 2014.
Daniel Tunkelang, Head of Query Understanding at LinkedIn talks about search quality, IR, query understanding, and advice for data science enthusiasts. Don't miss: 4 steps to get your LinkedIn profile show up on top of search results.
- How Many Data Scientists are out there? - Mar 13, 2014.
We examine indeed, LinkedIn, Kaggle, and other sources to investigate how many data scientists - in name and in function - are out there, and how strong is the demand.
- Strata 2014 Santa Clara: Highlights of Day 3 (Feb 13) - Feb 28, 2014.
Strata 2014 was a great conference, and here are key insights from some of the best sessions on day 3: Data Journalism, Analytics over Real-time Streaming Data, Facebook Graph Analysis with One Trillion Edges, Socializing Search by LinkedIn.