- Ethics + Data Science: opinion by DJ Patil, former US Chief Data Scientist - Sep 14, 2018.
How much has data changed our lives over the past decade? Former US Chief Data Scientist DJ Patil investigates.
- Key Takeaways from Open Data Science Conference (ODSC) West 2017 - Nov 21, 2017.
This year, the ODSC West was held at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport, from November 2 to 4. I am, attempting here, to give you a snapshot tour of what I experienced.
Pages: 1 2
- DataScience.com Adds Former U.S. Chief Data Scientist DJ Patil to Advisory Board - Nov 20, 2017.
Former U.S. Chief Data Scientist DJ Patil will be lending his expertise to DataScience.com’s product, engineering, and R&D teams as they expand the features of the company’s enterprise data science platform.
- Top 10 Active Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning Influencers on LinkedIn, Updated - Sep 26, 2017.
Looking for advice? Guidance? Stories? We’ve put a list of the top ten LinkedIn influencers of the last three months, follow them and stay up-to-date with the latest news in Big Data, Data Science, Analytics, Machine Learning and AI.
- 42 Essential Quotes by Data Science Thought Leaders - May 4, 2017.
42 illuminating quotes you need to read if you’re a data scientist or considering a career in the field – insights from industry experts tackling the tough questions that every data scientist faces.
Pages: 1 2
- Top 10 Data Science Videos on Youtube - Oct 17, 2016.
Learning and the future are the key topics in the recent Youtube videos on Data Science. The main questions revolve around: “how to become a Data Scientist”, “what is a data scientist”, and “where data science is going”. But why there is so little explanation of data science to the masses?
Pages: 1 2
- Top 16 Active Big Data, Data Science Leaders on LinkedIn - Sep 23, 2016.
Who are the most active Big Data, Data Science Influencers and Leaders on LinkedIn? We analyze the data and bring you the list of key people to follow.
- History of Data Mining - Jun 22, 2016.
Data mining is a subfield of computer science which blends many techniques from statistics, data science, database theory and machine learning. Here are the major milestones and “firsts” in the history of data mining plus how it’s evolved and blended with data science and big data.
- Meet the 11 Big Data & Data Science Leaders on LinkedIn - May 6, 2016.
In this post, we present a list of popular data science leaders on LinkedIn. Follow these leaders who will keep you in touch with the latest Data Science happenings!
- 30 Can’t miss Harvard Business Review articles on Data Science, Big Data and Analytics - Sep 30, 2015.
Here are 30 Harvard Business Review (HBR) articles on big data, data science and analytics that provide insights about the latest technology and happenings in the world of data.
Pages: 1 2 3
- Insights from Data Science Handbook - May 28, 2015.
Here you can find perspective of lead data scientists on the definitions ranging from data science, metrics selection while solving a problem, work ethics, the art of storytelling and why data science is important in todays world.
- White House sees Data as the 21st Century Catalyst for Effective Policing - May 25, 2015.
Review of the steps taken by White House over last six months to modernize police data systems to better fight crime as well as build trust between community and police.
- Should Data Science Really Do That? - May 13, 2015.
Data Science amazing progress in its ability to do predictions and analysis is raising important ethical questions, such as should that data be collected? Should the collected data be used for that application? Should you be involved?
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 27 – May 3: Attack of the #BigData Startups; Data Science from Scratch: First Principles with Python - May 4, 2015.
DataScience from Scratch: First Principles with Python; Attack of the #BigData Startups - @cbinsights maps the industries; Not accurate, but #fun ! See how old Microsoft thinks you are; US Chief Data Scientist @dpatil on #DataScience #BigData past and future.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 12-15: Cartoon: the most difficult challenge facing the 1st US Chief Data Scientist @dpatil - Mar 16, 2015.
Cartoon: top challenge for US Chief Data Scientist DJ Patil; In-depth intro to #MachineLearning, #Statistics, R: 15 hours of videos; Amazing! Forget coding word meaning, grammar, syntax - now #DeepLearning can learn everything.
- Cartoon: US Chief Data Scientist Most Difficult Challenge - Mar 13, 2015.
New KDnuggets cartoon looks at the most difficult challenge facing the first US Chief Data Scientist DJ Patil @dpatil.
- Strata + Hadoop World 2015 San Jose – report and highlights - Feb 27, 2015.
Highlights of Strata + Hadoop World San Jose, including Apache Spark vs Storm vs Samza for streaming data, Kafka as a universal message bus, what Netflix puts in front of HDFS, Parquet as a basis for ETL and analytics, DJ Patil, Internet of Things, and more.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, January: Good list of Machine Learning Resources, Deep Learning, Graphical Models; Sample solutions with R on Azure ML Marketplace - Feb 24, 2015.
Good list of #MachineLearning Resources, #DeepLearning, Graphical Models; Sample #MachineLearning solutions with R on #Azure ML Marketplace #rstats; New book: Data Driven: Creating a Data Culture, by @dpatil, @hmason; Intro to #Python and #IPython for #DataMining.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 18-19: New Face Detection Algorithm to revolutionize search; How to transition from Excel to R - Feb 20, 2015.
Practical #DataScience in #Python #MachineLearning - nice intro; New Face Detection Algorithm to revolutionize search; Well written: How to Transition from Excel to R; Microsoft launches #Azure #MachineLearning Platform for #BigData, adds Python.
- Watch Keynotes Live: Strata + Hadoop World San Jose, Feb 19-20 - Feb 18, 2015.
Watch live on Feb 19 & 20 ! The Strata + Hadoop World, Feb 17-20, San Jose conference is sold-out again, but if you are not there, here is how you can watch the keynotes live on Feb 19 and Feb 20, 2015.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Feb 17 and beyond - Feb 16, 2015.
Pivotal Update, Moving Targets, Secure Because Math, Data Driven: Creating a Data Culture, Maximize the effectiveness of your text analytics initiatives, Text Mining and Knowledge Graphs in the Cloud.
- Top 30 people in Big Data and Analytics - Feb 9, 2015.
Innovation Enterprise has compiled a top 30 list for individuals in big data that have had a large impact on the development or popularity of the industry.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 4-5: Clarifai Machine Learning software can understand what is in your videos - Feb 6, 2015.
Clarifai #MachineLearning software can understand what is in your videos; #BigData Lessons From @Netflix: comparing House of Cards and Macbeth insights; 2014 was the biggest year for #AI startups; Top Data Scientist @DPatil joined the #WhiteHouse as a data scientist-in-residence.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 5-11: Data Driven: Creating a Data Culture; Deep Learning in a Nutshell - Jan 12, 2015.
New book: Data Driven: Creating a Data Culture, by top #DataScience experts; #DeepLearning in a Nutshell: what it is, how does it work, and why; Programming languages popularity by US state; 4 ways to identify the best #data #tools.
- Panel on Data Science Education, Dec 4 - Nov 30, 2014.
Watch an all-star panel of experts on Data Science Education: What it is now, what is (and is not) needed, and what it can be in the future. Palo Alto (free attendance) or online.
- Data Science Skills and Business Problems - Jun 27, 2014.
Discover what skills a data scientist benefits from learning and how the concept of a data scientist, and what businesses expect of them, has developed over time.