- Research into 1,001 Data Scientist LinkedIn Profiles, the latest - Mar 31, 2020.
What makes a data scientist today? Consider this review of data collected from three years worth of data scientist LinkedIn profiles to gain insight into how this important new career path is shaping up.
- Nine lessons learned during my first year as a Data Scientist - Mar 20, 2020.
What is it like to be a Data Scientist? There can be many hats to wear, and so many problems to solve that are fed with data, churned by data science, and guided by business results. Find out about lessons learned from one Data Scientist about how best to work and perform in the role.
- Learning from 3 big Data Science career mistakes - Feb 25, 2020.
Thinking of data science as merely a technical profession, like programming, may take you away from your goals. We explain big mistakes to avoid, including not understanding the 2 cultures of statistics, and not understanding the shift to industrial focus.
- Seize Your New Career in Data Science - Feb 17, 2020.
Springboard’s mission has always been to enable everyone to attain their full potential by preparing students for the ever-changing world around them You can start working towards your dream data science career and land a new role by the end of summer.
- Why Did I Reject a Data Scientist Job? - Feb 12, 2020.
Snagging that job as a Data Scientist might not be exactly what you were expecting. Consider this advice on carefully considering job titles with what the position might really be like day-to-day.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n05, Feb 5: How to land a Data Scientist job at your dream company; 12-Hour Machine Learning Challenge - Feb 5, 2020.
Read how one very persistent data scientist got a job at her dream company; Learn how to complete a 12 hour ML challenge; Top 10 AI, Machine Learning research papers; How to optimize your Jupyter notebook; and PyTorch FTW.
- How to land a Data Scientist job at your dream company - Jan 31, 2020.
Job hunting for anyone just starting out as a data scientist can require grit, passion, and perseverance before finding the best opportunity. Follow this career search journey to learn what it took -- and the learning resources used -- to land the dream job.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 15-21: My Pandas Cheat Sheet; 5 Key Reasons Why Data Scientists Are Quitting their Jobs - Jan 22, 2020.
5 Key Reasons Why Data Scientists Are Quitting their Jobs; My Pandas Cheat Sheet; Google Colab: Jupyter Lab on steroids (perfect for Deep Learning); Top 5 Must-have Data Science Skills.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n03, Jan 22: I wanna be a data scientist, but… how? Top 10 Technology Trends for 2020 - Jan 22, 2020.
If you want to be a Data Scientist, but not sure how to start - there is a perfect blog for you; Baidu top 10 technology trends for 2020; Math for programmers!; The future of Machine Learning; and more.
- How to reinvent your career with computer science - Jan 21, 2020.
There is great news for anyone looking to make a career switch into computer science. So, what does it take to make the leap? Check out three top tips for budding computer scientists, as well as the Computer Science online MSc from the University of Bath.
- I wanna be a data scientist, but… how? - Jan 20, 2020.
It’s easy to say "I wanna be a data scientist," but... where do you start? How much time is needed to be desired by companies? Do you need a Master’s degree? Do you need to know every mathematical concept ever derived? The journey might be long, but follow this plan to help you keep moving forward toward your career goal.
- Fast Track Your Data Science Career - Jan 9, 2020.
Earn a Master of Professional Studies in Data Analytics online through Penn State World Campus – and you can add in-demand skills to your wheelhouse while you continue to work.
- 3 common data science career transitions, and how to make them happen - Jan 6, 2020.
Breaking into a career in Data Science can depend on where you start. See if you fit into one of these three categories of "newbies," and then find out how to make your professional transition into the field.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 18-30: A Gentle Introduction to Math Behind Neural Networks - Dec 31, 2019.
A Gentle Introduction to #Math Behind #NeuralNetworks; Learn How to Quickly Create UIs in Python; I wanna be a data scientist, but... how!?; I created my own deepfake in two weeks
- The 4 fastest ways NOT to get hired as a data scientist - Dec 18, 2019.
Ready to try to get hired as a data scientist for the first time? Avoiding these common mistakes won’t guarantee an offer, but not avoiding them is a sure fire way for your application to be tossed into the trash bin.
- Building an Analytics Career at UChicago - Dec 17, 2019.
Michael Collela describes how UChicago’s Master of Science in Analytics has helped him define his career path. Michael currently works as a data scientist at dunnhumby.
- Two Years In The Life of AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Java - Nov 29, 2019.
Where does Java stand in the world of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and deep learning? Learn more about how to do these things in Java, and the libraries and frameworks to use.
- Advice for New and Junior Data Scientists - Nov 22, 2019.
If you are a new Data Scientist early in your professional journey, and you’re a bit confused and lost, then follow this advice to figure out how to best contribute to your company.
- The Complete Data Science LinkedIn Profile Guide - Nov 11, 2019.
With so many Data Scientists showing up on LinkedIn, it's time to make sure your profile is top-notch because your talent is still highly sought after. Recruitment specialists want to find you fast, and this guide will help you create the best profile to feature your expertise.
- What is Data Science? - Nov 8, 2019.
Data Science is pitched as a modern and exciting job offering high satisfaction. Does its reality really live up to the hype? Here, we show what it's really like to work as a Data Scientist.
- 3 Reasons to attend Data Natives, 25-26 November, Berlin - Nov 8, 2019.
Data Natives is an outstanding conference that lets you meet many talented Data Scientists and Data Professionals. Find your dream company or your dream employee and level up for 2020. Use code DN19_KDNuggets_50 to save.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 16-22: How YouTube is Recommending Your Next Video - Oct 23, 2019.
Also: The 5 Classification Evaluation Metrics Every Data Scientist Must Know; How to Recognize a Good Data Scientist Job From a Bad One; How to Easily Deploy Machine Learning Models Using Flask.
- 8 Paths to Getting a Machine Learning Job Interview - Oct 10, 2019.
While you may be focused on your performance during your next job interview, landing that interview can be just as hard. Check out these tips for finding and securing an interview for a machine learning job.
- Help Your Career Survive ‘DataGeddon’ - Sep 25, 2019.
Penn State’s fully online data analytics program uniquely prepares students to advance their career in data science. Penn State offers 3 intakes every year and reviews applications on a rolling basis. GMAT or GRE waivers are available to highly qualified candidates. Learn more now.
- Which Data Science Skills are core and which are hot/emerging ones? - Sep 17, 2019.
We identify two main groups of Data Science skills: A: 13 core, stable skills that most respondents have and B: a group of hot, emerging skills that most do not have (yet) but want to add. See our detailed analysis.
- My journey path from a Software Engineer to BI Specialist to a Data Scientist - Sep 16, 2019.
The career path of the Data Scientist remains a hot target for many with its continuing high demand. Becoming one requires developing a broad set of skills including statistics, programming, and even business acumen. Learn more about one person's experience making this journey, and discover the many resources available to help you find your way into a world of data science.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n34, Sep 11: I wasn’t getting hired as a Data Scientist. So I sought data on who is - Sep 11, 2019.
How one person overcame rejections applying to Data Scientist positions by getting actual data on who is getting hired; Advice from Andrew Ng on building ML career and reading research papers; 10 Great Python resources for Data Scientists; Python Libraries for Interpretable ML.
- I wasn’t getting hired as a Data Scientist. So I sought data on who is. - Sep 6, 2019.
Instead of focusing on skills thought to be required of data scientists, we can look at what they have actually done before.
- Advice on building a machine learning career and reading research papers by Prof. Andrew Ng - Sep 5, 2019.
This blog summarizes the career advice/reading research papers lecture in the CS230 Deep learning course by Stanford University on YouTube, and includes advice from Andrew Ng on how to read research papers.
- Starting out in Data Science? Top tips and advice from DataScienceGO Speakers - Sep 3, 2019.
DataScienceGO returns to San Diego Sep 27-29, for a three-day career-focused conference designed to unite newcomers, practitioners, managers and executives under one umbrella, speakers weigh in on how to forge the best teams, increase your hiring chances, and prepare for the future.
- 50% ends Friday – Research Frontiers, AI Kick-start, BootCamp, and Career Expo - Jul 25, 2019.
ODSC focuses on research at its conferences and invites the experts pushing the boundaries of AI to speak. Between the two upcoming conferences, researchers from more than 20 of the top research institutes in the country (Open AI, NASA’s JPL, Google, MIT CSAIL, BAIR, The Turing Institute, and Max Planck and more) will deliver talks and lead trainings at ODSC West 2019.
- Why you’re not a job-ready data scientist (yet) - Jul 9, 2019.
Trying to snag a dream Data Science job, but can't seem to land one? Check out these four skills that companies really want and be prepared for your next interview.
- DSGO19 Announces Speakers and Training Sessions - Jul 8, 2019.
Tickets now on sale for DataScienceGO, the #1 career-focused data science conference, coming to San Diego, CA, Sep 27-29. Use promo code KD-Nuggets for 20% off.
- If you’re a developer transitioning into data science, here are your best resources - Jun 11, 2019.
This article will provide a background on the data scientist role and why your background might be a good fit for data science, plus tangible stepwise actions that you, as a developer, can take to ramp up on data science.
- Data Scientists Are Thinkers: Execution vs. exploration and what it means for you - Jun 4, 2019.
Data scientists serve a very technical purpose, but one that is vastly different from other individual contributors. Unlike engineers, designers, and project managers, data scientists are exploration-first, rather than execution-first.
- Becoming a Level 3.0 Data Scientist - May 29, 2019.
Want to be a Junior, Senior, or Principal Data Scientists? Find out what you need to do to navigate the Data Science Career Game.
- Why Data Professionals Should Negotiate Every Job Offer - May 16, 2019.
Here are six reasons why you shouldn't feel tempted to jump at the chance and take that job offer as it is without first negotiating.
- 5 Things to Review Before Accepting That Data Scientist Job Offer - May 10, 2019.
Before you get too excited and sign the papers for that new data scientist job, and solidify your role as a new hire, make sure you look over these 5 things first.
- Data Scientist – Best Job of the Year in USA - May 8, 2019.
CareerCast ranks Data Scientist as the top job in USA, with very good work environment, low stress, high growth, and median salary of $114,520.
- The Third Wave Data Scientist - May 6, 2019.
An extensive look at what skills are needed to make up the portfolio of the third wave of data scientists.
- Interview Questions for Data Science – Three Case Interview Examples - Apr 30, 2019.
Part two in this series of useful posts for aspiring data scientists focuses on case interviews and how you can best go about answering them.
- The problem with data science job postings - Apr 25, 2019.
We provide a useful set of rules you can follow to make sure you’re applying to the right roles and explain why confusing job descriptions with impossible requirements are the new normal.
- Was it Worth Studying a Data Science Masters? - Apr 23, 2019.
As I started to apply for Data Science roles it quickly became apparent that I was lacking two key skills: applying Machine Learning and coding
- How To Go Into Data Science: Ultimate Q&A for Aspiring Data Scientists with Serious Guides - Apr 22, 2019.
To learn ALL the skills sets in data science is next to impossible as the scope is way too wide. There’ll always be some skills (technical/non-technical) that data scientists don’t know or haven’t learned as different businesses require different skill sets.
- How to build a technology narrative for early career data and analytics talent acquisition - Apr 11, 2019.
We provide advice for companies in industries still going through a digital transformation on how they can start to understand the problem that Data and Analytics professionals can help solve.
- Grow your data career at DataScienceGO, San Diego, Sep 27-29 - Apr 3, 2019.
DataScienceGO is the only conference dedicated to career advancement for data science managers, practitioners and beginners. Early Bird tickets are on sale until June 27 - get them now.
- How To Work In Data Science, AI, Big Data - Mar 18, 2019.
There are many facets to working in Data Science. Your role will depend greatly on the industry you pick and the area of Data Science you want to pursue. A Data Science career is very dynamic and requires a team effort to succeed.
- Who is a typical Data Scientist in 2019? - Mar 11, 2019.
We investigate what a typical data scientist looks like and see how this differs from this time last year, looking at skill set, programming languages, industry of employment, country of employment, and more.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n10, Mar 6: What no one will tell you about data science job applications; The rise of ML Engineering - Mar 6, 2019.
Also most impactful AI trends of 2018: The rise of ML Engineering; How to do Everything in Computer Vision; GANs Need Some Attention, Too; OpenAI GPT-2.
- What no one will tell you about data science job applications - Mar 1, 2019.
For every person who has a question relating to a data science job application, and asks it, there are ten people who have the same question, but don’t ask it. If you’re one of those ten, then this post is for you.
- Learn How to Listen: One of the hardest parts of being a data scientist - Feb 15, 2019.
Listen, Be Humble, Be Present and Transform ideas. A Data Scientist will spend a large amount of their time in meetings where you can understand the business, the goals of the area, their KPIs, and their requirements.
- Is Domain Knowledge a Hurdle to Start a Career in Data? - Feb 8, 2019.
How would I decide which domain to choose, while starting my career in data? Is it an obstacle?
- How to go from Zero to Employment in Data Science - Jan 15, 2019.
We propose the quickest and surest way to go from zero experience to landing a job, either in data science generally, or specifically in a new programming language or a new technology.
- Learning Machine Learning vs Learning Data Science - Dec 11, 2018.
We clarify some important and often-overlooked distinctions between Machine Learning and Data Science, covering education, scalable vs non-scalable jobs, career paths, and more.
- Should you become a data scientist? - Dec 10, 2018.
An overview of the current situation for data scientists, from its origins and history, to the recent growth in job postings, and looking at what changes the future might bring.
- 6 Step Plan to Starting Your Data Science Career - Dec 5, 2018.
When people want to launch data science careers but haven't made the first move, they're in a scenario that's understandably daunting and full of uncertainty. Here are six steps to get started.
- Kick Start Your Data Career! Tips From the Frontline - Dec 5, 2018.
I am going to provide very interesting and useful tips through this blog series which will help students to kick start their career in Data.
- A Complete Guide to Choosing the Best Machine Learning Course - Nov 30, 2018.
A collection of the best courses covering machine learning concepts and techniques, including supervised and unsupervised learning, and hands-on modeling to develop algorithms and prepare you for the role of Machine Learning Engineer.
- 6 Goals Every Wannabe Data Scientist Should Make for 2019 - Nov 22, 2018.
Looking to embark on a new path as a data scientist? That goal may be worthy, but it's essential for people to also set goals for 2019 that will help them get closer to that broader aim.
- The Most in Demand Skills for Data Scientists - Nov 2, 2018.
Data scientists are expected to know a lot — machine learning, computer science, statistics, mathematics, data visualization, communication, and deep learning. How should data scientists who want to be in demand by employers spend their learning budget?
- How To Learn Data Science If You’re Broke - Oct 9, 2018.
A first-hand account on how to learn data science on a budget, with advice covering useful resources, a recommended curriculum, typical concepts, building a portfolio and more.
- Diversity in Data Science: Overview and Strategy - Sep 24, 2018.
We take a hard look at diversity within the tech industry, root causes, and potential solutions and highlight resources/initiatives that can connect readers with programs aiding their professional development.
- Webinar: Life as a Data Scientist, Sep 12 - Sep 8, 2018.
Watch Springboard webinar and learn everything from the hard skills to the soft skills aspiring data scientists need. Springboard Data Science Career Track now offers deferred tuition - learn more.
- Skip the Interview! 9 Benefits of Career Fairs - Aug 29, 2018.
Career fairs are a great way to get your feet wet if you’re just starting your data science career, or to be exposed to newer trends and emerging organizations if you’re already established. What other ways are career fairs beneficial?
- What Data Scientists Want? - Aug 27, 2018.
We examine what's important for data scientists in their careers, including challenging work, networking with peers, foreseeing their career path and creating a good work-life balance.
- The 2018 Data Scientist Report is Here - Aug 23, 2018.
Learn about the data and tools that data scientists are working with in 2018, Ethical issues around AI, Algorithmic bias, Job satisfaction, and more.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n31, Aug 15: Top 10 roles in AI and data science; Github Data Science Spotlight: Python tools for Machine Learning - Aug 15, 2018.
Also: A Practitioner Guide to NLP; Reinforcement Learning: The Business Use Case; Data Scientist guide for getting started with Docker
- Top 10 roles in AI and data science - Aug 9, 2018.
When you think of the perfect data science team, are you imagining 10 copies of the same professor of computer science and statistics, hands delicately stained with whiteboard marker? We hope not!
- Seven Practical Ideas For Beginner Data Scientists - Aug 7, 2018.
As someone who has been there, I’d like to outline a few practical ideas to help junior data scientists get started at a small software company. The steps were drawn from my personal journey and that of others before me.
- How to Build a Data Science Portfolio - Jul 25, 2018.
This post will include links to where various data science professionals (data science managers, data scientists, social media icons, or some combination thereof) and others talk about what to have in a portfolio and how to get noticed.
- Beating the 4-Year Slump: Mid-Career Growth in Data Science - Jul 16, 2018.
This article provides a list of resources for data scientists who are transitioning from early-career/entry-level positions to more established roles. Surveys have shown a sharp decrease in satisfaction starting around 4 years into the profession, and resources are less obvious and readily available for professionals who have a good handle on the basics of data science than they are for beginners.
- Advice For Applying To Data Science Jobs - Jun 13, 2018.
A comprehensive guide to applying for a job in data science, covering the application, interview and offer stage.
- 6 Proven Steps to Land a Job in Data Science - May 21, 2018.
What are the critical steps to get a job in data science? We share the proven formula that helped many data enthusiasts secure job offers as data scientist/analyst, data engineer and machine learning engineer.
- Data Engineer vs Data Scientist: the evolution of aggressive species - May 14, 2018.
This article looks at how the two "species" - data scientists and data engineers - harmonise and coexist.
- Hedge Yourself From a Risky Data Science Job - Apr 18, 2018.
This article covers why it's important to consider all the factors when being hired as a data scientist.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n16, Apr 18: Key Algorithms and Statistical Models; Don’t learn Machine Learning in 24 hours; Data Scientist among the best US Jobs in 2018 - Apr 18, 2018.
Also: Top 10 Technology Trends of 2018; 12 Useful Things to Know About Machine Learning; Robust Word2Vec Models with Gensim & Applying Word2Vec Features for Machine Learning Tasks; Understanding What is Behind Sentiment Analysis - Part 1; Getting Started with PyTorch
- Machine Learning Engineer, Data Scientist among the best US Jobs in 2018 - Apr 12, 2018.
Machine Learning Engineer, with avg. salary of $136K and Data Scientist, with avg. salary $133K are among the top US jobs in 2018, according to job site Indeed.
- New Poll: Data Scientist and Data Community Job Satisfaction - Apr 10, 2018.
Is Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer still the sexiest profession or have you been burned? Please vote in the new poll on job satisfaction.
- Why so many data scientists are leaving their jobs - Apr 9, 2018.
We look at some of the big challenges and frustrations that data scientists face on a regular basis.
- Why Data Scientists Must Focus on Developing Product Sense - Apr 6, 2018.
Data Scientists should focus on developing product sense to move fast and systematically, create models that are relevant and to able to know when to stop.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 28 – Apr 03: A “Weird” Intro to Deep Learning; Why so many data scientists are leaving their jobs - Apr 4, 2018.
Also: Don't learn #MachineLearning in 24 hours; Introduction to Functional Programming in #Python
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n14, Apr 4: How Do I Get My First Data Science Job? A “Weird” Intro to Deep Learning; Top 20 DL papers - Apr 4, 2018.
Also: A Day in the Life of a Data Scientist: Part 4; Understanding Feature Engineering: Deep Learning Methods for Text Data.
- How Do I Get My First Data Science Job? - Apr 2, 2018.
Here are the steps you need to obtain your first job in data science, including details on how to create a good portfolio, key networking tips, getting the right education and managing expectations.
- A Day in the Life of a Data Scientist: Part 4 - Apr 2, 2018.
Interested in what a data scientist does on a typical day of work? Each data science role may be different, but these contributors have insight to help those interested in figuring out what a day in the life of a data scientist actually looks like.
- Your free 70-page guide to a career in data science - Mar 16, 2018.
To help you become a Data Scientist, we put together a guide with answers to: how do you break into the profession? What skills do you need to become a data scientist? Where are best data science jobs?
- 5 Things to Know Before Rushing to Start in Data Science - Mar 13, 2018.
Strong math understanding, computing skills, critical thinking and presentations skills provide a strong foundation for a career in Data Science.
- The Two Sides of Getting a Job as a Data Scientist - Mar 7, 2018.
Are you a Data Scientist looking for a Job? Are you a Recruiter looking for a Data Scientist? If you answered yes or NO to this questions you need to read this.
Pages: 1 2
- Should You Ever Volunteer Your Data Skills for Free? - Mar 6, 2018.
The question has probably come up of whether it’s ever okay to offer your data-related knowledge to people or organizations for free. Does taking that approach ever benefit you?
- How to Survive Your Data Science Interview - Mar 1, 2018.
There are many wonderful things about data science. It’s extreme breadth is not one of them. The title of data scientist means something different at every company
- Aspiring Data Scientists – 4 Steps To Get Hired - Feb 27, 2018.
The most common complaints we see from candidates who have faced rejection are lack of experience, education level requirements, lack of opportunities for Freshers, overly demanding and confusing job role requirements.
- Want a Job in Data? Learn This - Feb 19, 2018.
Why mastering a 50-year-old programming language is the key to getting a data science job.
- Build Your Skills in the Career You Love – KDnuggets Offer - Feb 15, 2018.
In the spirit of Valentine's Day, we want to show you the love - data love. Use coupon KDLOVE25 and save 25% on all individual Online Learning courses*, now through February 26!
- Data Scientist – best job in America, 3 years in a row - Jan 29, 2018.
For the third year in a row, Data Scientist was ranked as the no. 1 job in America by Glassdoor.
- 5 Key Data Science Job Market Trends - Jan 26, 2018.
As a data scientist — or someone interested in the field — you know the industry is constantly evolving. If you want to remain competitive, you need to keep up with popular trends.
- How To Grow As A Data Scientist - Jan 25, 2018.
In order for a data scientist to grow, they need to be challenged beyond the technical aspects of their jobs. They need to question their data sources, be concise in their insights, know their business and help guide their leaders.
- Learn Data Science Without a Degree - Jan 19, 2018.
But how do you learn data science? Let’s take a look at some of the steps you can take to begin your journey into data science without needing a degree, including Springboard’s Data Science Career Track.
- Machine Learning Engineer, Data Scientist – top US emerging jobs - Dec 27, 2017.
Machine Learning Engineer jobs grew almost 10 fold since 2012, and Data Scientist jobs grew 6.5 times. However, finding qualified people to fill such jobs remains difficult.
- Can I Become a Data Scientist: Research into 1,001 Data Scientist Profiles - Dec 26, 2017.
Results from a survey include: the average data scientist is a male, with median experience on the job is 2 years. He uses R, Python, and SQL. Read for more details.
- Yet Another Day in the Life of a Data Scientist - Dec 25, 2017.
Are you interested in what a data scientist does on a typical day of work? Each data science role may be different, but these four individuals provide insight to help those interested in figuring out what a day in the life of a data scientist actually looks like.
- Transitioning to Data Science: How to become a data scientist, and how to create a data science team - Dec 15, 2017.
"A good data scientist in my mind is the person that takes the science part in data science very seriously; a person who is able to find problems and solve them using statistics, machine learning, and distributed computing."
- Another Day in the Life of a Data Scientist - Dec 11, 2017.
Are you interested in what a data scientist does on a typical day of work? Each data science role may be different, but these five individuals provide insight to help those interested in figuring out what a day in the life of a data scientist actually looks like.
- The first data science course with a job guarantee just got even better - Dec 6, 2017.
Apply for Springboard Data Science Career Track, the first online program to guarantee you a job in data science or your money back.
- Using Deep Learning to Solve Real World Problems - Dec 4, 2017.
Do you assume that deep learning is only being used for toy problems and in self-learning scenarios? This post includes several firsthand accounts of organizations using deep neural networks to solve real world problems.
- Stop Doing Fragile Research - Nov 17, 2017.
If you develop methods for data analysis, you might only be conducting gentle tests of your method on idealized data. This leads to “fragile research,” which breaks when released into the wild. Here, I share 3 ways to make your methods robust.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n44, Nov 15: Best Online Masters in Data Science and Analytics; What is the hottest job on Wall Street? - Nov 15, 2017.
Also: A Day in the Life of a Data Scientist; How Bayesian Networks Are Superior in Understanding Effects of Variables; Choosing an Open Source Machine Learning Library: TensorFlow, Theano, Torch, scikit-learn, Caffe; TensorFlow: What Parameters to Optimize?
- A Day in the Life of a Data Scientist - Nov 13, 2017.
Are you interested in what a data scientist does on a typical day of work? Each data science role may be different, but these five individuals provide insight to help those interested in figuring out what a day in the life of a data scientist actually looks like.
- Advice For New and Junior Data Scientists - Nov 2, 2017.
This article is for people who are already in the field but are just starting out. My goal is to not only use this post as a reminder to myself about the important things that I have learned, but also to inspire others as they embark onto their DS careers!
Pages: 1 2
- Learning git is not enough: becoming a data scientist after a science PhD - Oct 18, 2017.
Here is useful advice about moving from academia into data science after completing a PhD in a natural science.
Pages: 1 2
- How to Choose a Data Science Job - Oct 6, 2017.
All Data Scientists worth their salt should know the importance of working with facts rather than hunches. That’s why in the following article we’ll throw light on how five emerging roles yield a proven value that companies cannot ignore.
- The 5 Best Industries to Find a Job in Data Science - Oct 3, 2017.
There’s never been a better time to pursue a career in this field. With that in mind, here are five extremely practical and exciting fields you could leave a mark on with an education in data science.
- How to Get Ready for AI and Machine Learning - Sep 20, 2017.
AI and machine learning have hit the mainstream, spanning consumer devices to enterprise initiatives. Experts say change is coming fast - if you don't have a plan, are you behind the curve?
- How to Become a Data Scientist: The Definitive Guide - Aug 29, 2017.
Data science educator Jose Portilla provides this definitive guide on becoming a data scientist, which includes everything from resources for acquiring specific skills, to searching for the first job, to mastering the interview.
Pages: 1 2
- What Advice Would You Give Your Younger Data Scientist Self? - Jul 5, 2017.
I was asked this question recently via LinkedIn message: "What advice would you give your younger data scientist self?" The best piece of advice I honestly think I can give is this: Forget about "data science."
- Text Mining 101: Mining Information From A Resume - May 24, 2017.
We show a framework for mining relevant entities from a text resume, and how to separation parsing logic from entity specification.
- Getting Into Data Science: What You Need to Know - May 18, 2017.
Ready to embark on an exciting and in-demand career? Here’s what you need to know about what a data scientist does—and how you can become competitive in this in-demand field.
- Guarantee yourself a data science career - May 12, 2017.
The Data Science Career Track is the first online bootcamp to guarantee you a data science job or your money back. The application process is selective - start it know.
- 42 Essential Quotes by Data Science Thought Leaders - May 4, 2017.
42 illuminating quotes you need to read if you’re a data scientist or considering a career in the field – insights from industry experts tackling the tough questions that every data scientist faces.
Pages: 1 2
- What Is Data Science, and What Does a Data Scientist Do? - Mar 23, 2017.
This article is intended to help define the data scientist role, including typical skills, qualifications, education, experience, and responsibilities. This definition is somewhat loose, and given that the ideal experience and skill set is relatively rare to find in one individual.
- 7 Types of Data Scientist Job Profiles - Mar 15, 2017.
There is no one profile for the Data Scientist, but I tried to make a few generic job profiles that can somewhat fit job descriptions of different companies. I think there is way too much variety, but I had to narrow down on a set of profiles. Check out the list.
- The Human Data Scientist: Safeguarding Your Career in the World of Automation - Feb 28, 2017.
"Data scientist" continues to be recognized as a top career, but does this mean unending spoils for the data scientist? With large scale mass automation on the horizon for numerous professions, what can we do to safeguard our positions?
- Career Advice for Analytics & Data Science Professionals - Feb 13, 2017.
In our experience working with many quantitative professionals over the years, the two main areas that contribute to long-term career growth are networking and continuous learning. Here is specific advice on how to do this and tips for Continuous Learning.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n05, Feb 8: Identifying Better Predictors; 5 Career Paths in Big Data, Data Science Explained - Feb 8, 2017.
Identifying Variables That Might Be Better Predictors; 5 Career Paths in Big Data and Data Science, Explained; 5 Free Courses for Getting Started in Artificial Intelligence; 3 practical thoughts on why deep learning performs so well
- How to get your first job in Data Science? - Feb 6, 2017.
We provide guidelines for the most important questions, including the key data scientist skills and tools, how to get them, how to learn and practice, and where to send your application.
- 5 Career Paths in Big Data and Data Science, Explained - Feb 6, 2017.
Sexiest job... massive shortage... blah blah blah. Are you looking to get a real handle on the career paths available in "Data Science" and "Big Data?" Read this article for insight on where to look to sharpen the required entry-level skills.
- Springboard launches data science bootcamp with a job guarantee - Dec 12, 2016.
Springboard Data Science Career Track is the first online data science bootcamp that offers a job guarantee to its graduates. Springboard tracked 50 graduates and saw that all got a job within 6 months, with a median increase of $18,000 in first-year salary.
- 10 Tips to Improve your Data Science Interview - Nov 29, 2016.
Interviewing is a skill. Here are 10 tips and resources to improve your Data Science interviews.
- NEW: 6 Hot Career Prospects in Data Science Industry Today - Nov 18, 2016.
You read that Data Scientist is “The Sexiest Job of The 21st Century”, but there are other jobs profiles and opportunities in Data Science – read about these roles, responsibilities, skills, salary prospects and market demand (also pretty sexy!).
Pages: 1 2
- Data Scientists vs Data Analysts – Part 1 - Nov 11, 2016.
With employers trying to keep up with current data science trends, are data scientists just renamed data analysts? Part 1 of an investigation focuses on the top level numbers and pretty visualisations to highlight key differences.
- Chief Data Officer Toolkit: Leading the Digital Business Transformation – Part 2 - Nov 4, 2016.
Read the second and final part of this overview of the CDO Toolkit, which integrates the disciplines of economics and analytics to help the CDO to ascertain the economic value of the organization’s data and data sources.
Pages: 1 2
- Learn Data Science for Excellence and not just for the Exams - Oct 31, 2016.
Are you currently pursuing your masters in Data Science? Overwhelmed with Buzzwords and Information? Don’t know where and how to start your study? Then start with this article and a starter kit provided, but learn it for excellence and not just for the exams.
Pages: 1 2