- Stop (and Start) Hiring Data Scientists - Jun 2, 2021.
Large companies are losing many data scientists to smaller companies, so what should executives and managers do? These three “stop & start” tactics can improve talent retention, and help define a new way of recruiting and working for the Data Science field.
- Data Profession Job Satisfaction: Beware Of The Drop - Apr 16, 2021.
Latest KDnuggets Poll results: The Job satisfaction has declined for ML Engineers, Data Scientists, and Data Analysts, but remained the same for Data Engineers, and Managers/Directors. Data Scientist job satisfaction has an alarming drop in mid-career. Finally, which regions have the highest and lowest job satisfactions?
- Hiring or Looking to Get Hired in Data Science/Analytics? The INFORMS Virtual Career Fair is for You - Mar 31, 2021.
Hiring or looking to get hired in Data Science / Analytics? The INFORMS Virtual Career Fair, April 13, is for you. Register today!
- KDnuggets™ News 21:n11, Mar 17: Is Data Scientist still a satisfying job? How To Overcome The Fear of Math and Learn Math For Data Science - Mar 17, 2021.
Must Know for Data Scientists and Data Analysts: Causal Design Patterns; Know your data much faster with the new Sweetviz Python library; The Inferential Statistics Data Scientists Should Know; Natural Language Processing Pipelines, Explained
- How To Overcome The Fear of Math and Learn Math For Data Science - Mar 10, 2021.
Many aspiring Data Scientists, especially when self-learning, fail to learn the necessary math foundations. These recommendations for learning approaches along with references to valuable resources can help you overcome a personal sense of not being "the math type" or belief that you "always failed in math."
- Data Science and Analytics Career Trends for 2021 - Jan 18, 2021.
Let's check out what are the new data science and analytics career trends for 2021 that may also shape the career options in the future.
- Accelerate Your Career in Data Science - Dec 3, 2020.
Fast-track your promotion with a degree in data science. The part-time Master of Science in Analytics allows you to balance your personal and professional life while mastering the cutting-edge technology defining the industry today.
- Roadmaps to becoming a Full-Stack AI Developer, Data Scientist, Machine Learning Engineer, and more - Dec 2, 2020.
As the fields related to AI and Data Science expand, they are becoming complex with more options and specializations to consider. If you are beginning your journey toward becoming an expert in Artificial Intelligence, this roadmap will guide you to find your path along what to learn next while steering clear of the latest hype.
- How Data Scientists Can Avoid ‘Lost in Translation’ Syndrome When Communicating With Management - Nov 20, 2020.
When it comes to data science projects, the disconnect between business executives and data teams can lead to major tension. Keeping these challenges from arising in the first place through effective communication will help reduce friction with stakeholders.
- 8 AI/Machine Learning Projects To Make Your Portfolio Stand Out - Sep 9, 2020.
If you are just starting down a path toward a career in Data Science, or you are already a seasoned practitioner, then keeping active to advance your experience through side projects is invaluable to take you to the next professional level. These eight interesting project ideas with source code and reference articles will jump start you to thinking outside of the box.
- 9 Developing Data Science & Analytics Job Trends - Sep 7, 2020.
With so much disruption in 2020 already, a recent report by Burtch Works looks ahead to next year and beyond, and shares insights about how today's hiring market trends may impact our work lives for years to come.
- How to Optimize Your CV for a Data Scientist Career - Aug 26, 2020.
As the number of data science positions continues to grow dramatically, so does the number of data scientists in the marketplace. Follow these expert tips and examples to help make your resume and job applications stand out in an increasingly competitive field.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n33, Aug 26: If I had to start learning Data Science again, how would I do it? Must-read NLP and Deep Learning articles for Data Scientists - Aug 26, 2020.
If I had to start learning Data Science again, how would I do it? Must-read NLP and Deep Learning articles for Data Scientists; These Data Science Skills will be your Superpower; Accelerated Natural Language Processing: A Free Amazon Machine Learning University Course.
- If I had to start learning Data Science again, how would I do it? - Aug 19, 2020.
While different ways to learn Data Science for the first time exist, the approach that works for you should be based on how you learn best. One powerful method is to evolve your learning from simple practice into complex foundations, as outlined in this learning path recommended by a physicist who turned into a Data Scientist.
- Data Scientist Job Market 2020 - Aug 10, 2020.
With an analysis of over a thousand Data Scientist job descriptions in the USA, check out the trends for 2020 and current expectations on new positions in the field, including credentials, experience, and programming languages.
- The Uncommon Data Science Job Guide - Aug 7, 2020.
With the job landscape in Data Science becoming hyper-competitive, there are clear strategies you can consider to find your way to snagging a position in the field.
- New Poll: Which Data Science Skills You Have and Which Ones You Want? Vote Now - Aug 5, 2020.
Take part in the latest KDnuggets poll, and share your insights with the community. Which Data Science skills do you currently possess, and which are you looking forward to add or improve upon? Vote now!
- 7 Signs you are data literate - Jul 13, 2020.
Understanding data is key to being a Data Scientist. But, how can you know if you might be a good fit for the field when you haven't worked with much data? These telltale signs will suggest you are competent to work with data, and that you might have a talent for being data literate.
- How to Build Your Data Science Competency for Post-COVID Future - Jul 1, 2020.
Data science is helping healthcare organizations and businesses navigate the current crisis more effectively. Find out how you can learn this in-demand qualification and help them with addressing complex challenges.
- How Much Math do you need in Data Science? - Jun 26, 2020.
There exist so many great computational tools available for Data Scientists to perform their work. However, mathematical skills are still essential in data science and machine learning because these tools will only be black-boxes for which you will not be able to ask core analytical questions without a theoretical foundation.
- Machine Learning Engineer vs Data Scientist (Is Data Science Over?) - Jun 25, 2020.
What has been happening to the definition of Data Scientist over the past 5 years? Does it still exist or has it morphed into a new version of its old self? Learn more about the recent trends in job descriptions and salaries for data scientists, ML engineers, and others to best understand the best fit for your career trajectory and interests.
- How to Rock a Virtual Data Interview - May 26, 2020.
To help you truly rock your next virtual data interview, we’ve pulled together a few tips that we recommend when conducting our online interviews for The Data Incubator’s Data Science Fellowship Program.
- What they do not tell you about machine learning - May 19, 2020.
There's a lot of excitement out there about machine learning jobs. So, it's always good to start off with a healthy dose of reality and proper expectations.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n19, May 13: Start Your Machine Learning Career in Quarantine; Will Machine Learning Engineers Exist in 10 Years? - May 13, 2020.
Also: The Elements of Statistical Learning: The Free eBook; Explaining "Blackbox" Machine Learning Models: Practical Application of SHAP; What You Need to Know About Deep Reinforcement Learning; 5 Concepts You Should Know About Gradient Descent and Cost Function; Hyperparameter Optimization for Machine Learning Models
- Start Your Machine Learning Career in Quarantine - May 11, 2020.
While this quarantine can last two months, make the most of it by starting your career in Machine Learning with this 60-day learning plan.
- Will Machine Learning Engineers Exist in 10 Years? - May 8, 2020.
As can be common in many technical fields, the landscape of specialized roles is evolving quickly. With more people learning at least a little machine learning, this could eventually become a common skill set for every software engineer.
- How use the Coronavirus crisis to kickstart your Data Science career - May 4, 2020.
As the global economy dwindles, tech companies are hiring en masse. Now is the time to get yourself noticed as a Data Scientist and try to land your dream job.
- Fast Track Your Data Science Career - Apr 21, 2020.
Earn a Master of Professional Studies in Data Analytics online through Penn State World Campus – and you can add in-demand skills to your wheelhouse while you continue to work.
- 4 Realistic Career Options for Data Scientists - Apr 21, 2020.
It’s almost 10 years since "Data Science" became mainstream. We ask less about how to get into Data Science, but wonder "what’s next?" This article includes insights on four non-trivial, but practical, options and their pitfalls.
- Has AI Come Full Circle? A data science journey, or why I accepted a data science job - Apr 10, 2020.
Personal journeys in Data Science can vary greatly between individuals. Some are just getting starting and wading into this vast ocean of opportunity, and others have been involved during its decades-long evolution as a professional field. This review of a longer journey can provide a broader perspective of how you might fit into this interesting career.
- Research into 1,001 Data Scientist LinkedIn Profiles, the latest - Mar 31, 2020.
What makes a data scientist today? Consider this review of data collected from three years worth of data scientist LinkedIn profiles to gain insight into how this important new career path is shaping up.
- Nine lessons learned during my first year as a Data Scientist - Mar 20, 2020.
What is it like to be a Data Scientist? There can be many hats to wear, and so many problems to solve that are fed with data, churned by data science, and guided by business results. Find out about lessons learned from one Data Scientist about how best to work and perform in the role.
- Learning from 3 big Data Science career mistakes - Feb 25, 2020.
Thinking of data science as merely a technical profession, like programming, may take you away from your goals. We explain big mistakes to avoid, including not understanding the 2 cultures of statistics, and not understanding the shift to industrial focus.
- Seize Your New Career in Data Science - Feb 17, 2020.
Springboard’s mission has always been to enable everyone to attain their full potential by preparing students for the ever-changing world around them You can start working towards your dream data science career and land a new role by the end of summer.
- Why Did I Reject a Data Scientist Job? - Feb 12, 2020.
Snagging that job as a Data Scientist might not be exactly what you were expecting. Consider this advice on carefully considering job titles with what the position might really be like day-to-day.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n05, Feb 5: How to land a Data Scientist job at your dream company; 12-Hour Machine Learning Challenge - Feb 5, 2020.
Read how one very persistent data scientist got a job at her dream company; Learn how to complete a 12 hour ML challenge; Top 10 AI, Machine Learning research papers; How to optimize your Jupyter notebook; and PyTorch FTW.
- How to land a Data Scientist job at your dream company - Jan 31, 2020.
Job hunting for anyone just starting out as a data scientist can require grit, passion, and perseverance before finding the best opportunity. Follow this career search journey to learn what it took -- and the learning resources used -- to land the dream job.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jan 15-21: My Pandas Cheat Sheet; 5 Key Reasons Why Data Scientists Are Quitting their Jobs - Jan 22, 2020.
5 Key Reasons Why Data Scientists Are Quitting their Jobs; My Pandas Cheat Sheet; Google Colab: Jupyter Lab on steroids (perfect for Deep Learning); Top 5 Must-have Data Science Skills.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n03, Jan 22: I wanna be a data scientist, but… how? Top 10 Technology Trends for 2020 - Jan 22, 2020.
If you want to be a Data Scientist, but not sure how to start - there is a perfect blog for you; Baidu top 10 technology trends for 2020; Math for programmers!; The future of Machine Learning; and more.
- How to reinvent your career with computer science - Jan 21, 2020.
There is great news for anyone looking to make a career switch into computer science. So, what does it take to make the leap? Check out three top tips for budding computer scientists, as well as the Computer Science online MSc from the University of Bath.
- I wanna be a data scientist, but… how? - Jan 20, 2020.
It’s easy to say "I wanna be a data scientist," but... where do you start? How much time is needed to be desired by companies? Do you need a Master’s degree? Do you need to know every mathematical concept ever derived? The journey might be long, but follow this plan to help you keep moving forward toward your career goal.
- Fast Track Your Data Science Career - Jan 9, 2020.
Earn a Master of Professional Studies in Data Analytics online through Penn State World Campus – and you can add in-demand skills to your wheelhouse while you continue to work.
- 3 common data science career transitions, and how to make them happen - Jan 6, 2020.
Breaking into a career in Data Science can depend on where you start. See if you fit into one of these three categories of "newbies," and then find out how to make your professional transition into the field.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Dec 18-30: A Gentle Introduction to Math Behind Neural Networks - Dec 31, 2019.
A Gentle Introduction to #Math Behind #NeuralNetworks; Learn How to Quickly Create UIs in Python; I wanna be a data scientist, but... how!?; I created my own deepfake in two weeks
- The 4 fastest ways NOT to get hired as a data scientist - Dec 18, 2019.
Ready to try to get hired as a data scientist for the first time? Avoiding these common mistakes won’t guarantee an offer, but not avoiding them is a sure fire way for your application to be tossed into the trash bin.
- Building an Analytics Career at U. Chicago - Dec 17, 2019.
Michael Collela describes how UChicago’s Master of Science in Analytics has helped him define his career path. Michael currently works as a data scientist at dunnhumby.
- Two Years In The Life of AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning and Java - Nov 29, 2019.
Where does Java stand in the world of artificial intelligence, machine learning, and deep learning? Learn more about how to do these things in Java, and the libraries and frameworks to use.
- Advice for New and Junior Data Scientists - Nov 22, 2019.
If you are a new Data Scientist early in your professional journey, and you’re a bit confused and lost, then follow this advice to figure out how to best contribute to your company.
- The Complete Data Science LinkedIn Profile Guide - Nov 11, 2019.
With so many Data Scientists showing up on LinkedIn, it's time to make sure your profile is top-notch because your talent is still highly sought after. Recruitment specialists want to find you fast, and this guide will help you create the best profile to feature your expertise.
- What is Data Science? - Nov 8, 2019.
Data Science is pitched as a modern and exciting job offering high satisfaction. Does its reality really live up to the hype? Here, we show what it's really like to work as a Data Scientist.
- 3 Reasons to attend Data Natives, 25-26 November, Berlin - Nov 8, 2019.
Data Natives is an outstanding conference that lets you meet many talented Data Scientists and Data Professionals. Find your dream company or your dream employee and level up for 2020. Use code DN19_KDNuggets_50 to save.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 16-22: How YouTube is Recommending Your Next Video - Oct 23, 2019.
Also: The 5 Classification Evaluation Metrics Every Data Scientist Must Know; How to Recognize a Good Data Scientist Job From a Bad One; How to Easily Deploy Machine Learning Models Using Flask.
- 8 Paths to Getting a Machine Learning Job Interview - Oct 10, 2019.
While you may be focused on your performance during your next job interview, landing that interview can be just as hard. Check out these tips for finding and securing an interview for a machine learning job.
- Help Your Career Survive ‘DataGeddon’ - Sep 25, 2019.
Penn State’s fully online data analytics program uniquely prepares students to advance their career in data science. Penn State offers 3 intakes every year and reviews applications on a rolling basis. GMAT or GRE waivers are available to highly qualified candidates. Learn more now.
- Which Data Science Skills are core and which are hot/emerging ones? - Sep 17, 2019.
We identify two main groups of Data Science skills: A: 13 core, stable skills that most respondents have and B: a group of hot, emerging skills that most do not have (yet) but want to add. See our detailed analysis.
- My journey path from a Software Engineer to BI Specialist to a Data Scientist - Sep 16, 2019.
The career path of the Data Scientist remains a hot target for many with its continuing high demand. Becoming one requires developing a broad set of skills including statistics, programming, and even business acumen. Learn more about one person's experience making this journey, and discover the many resources available to help you find your way into a world of data science.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n34, Sep 11: I wasn’t getting hired as a Data Scientist. So I sought data on who is - Sep 11, 2019.
How one person overcame rejections applying to Data Scientist positions by getting actual data on who is getting hired; Advice from Andrew Ng on building ML career and reading research papers; 10 Great Python resources for Data Scientists; Python Libraries for Interpretable ML.
- I wasn’t getting hired as a Data Scientist. So I sought data on who is. - Sep 6, 2019.
Instead of focusing on skills thought to be required of data scientists, we can look at what they have actually done before.
- Advice on building a machine learning career and reading research papers by Prof. Andrew Ng - Sep 5, 2019.
This blog summarizes the career advice/reading research papers lecture in the CS230 Deep learning course by Stanford University on YouTube, and includes advice from Andrew Ng on how to read research papers.
- Starting out in Data Science? Top tips and advice from DataScienceGO Speakers - Sep 3, 2019.
DataScienceGO returns to San Diego Sep 27-29, for a three-day career-focused conference designed to unite newcomers, practitioners, managers and executives under one umbrella, speakers weigh in on how to forge the best teams, increase your hiring chances, and prepare for the future.
- 50% ends Friday – Research Frontiers, AI Kick-start, BootCamp, and Career Expo - Jul 25, 2019.
ODSC focuses on research at its conferences and invites the experts pushing the boundaries of AI to speak. Between the two upcoming conferences, researchers from more than 20 of the top research institutes in the country (Open AI, NASA’s JPL, Google, MIT CSAIL, BAIR, The Turing Institute, and Max Planck and more) will deliver talks and lead trainings at ODSC West 2019.
- Why you’re not a job-ready data scientist (yet) - Jul 9, 2019.
Trying to snag a dream Data Science job, but can't seem to land one? Check out these four skills that companies really want and be prepared for your next interview.
- DSGO19 Announces Speakers and Training Sessions - Jul 8, 2019.
Tickets now on sale for DataScienceGO, the #1 career-focused data science conference, coming to San Diego, CA, Sep 27-29. Use promo code KD-Nuggets for 20% off.
- If you’re a developer transitioning into data science, here are your best resources - Jun 11, 2019.
This article will provide a background on the data scientist role and why your background might be a good fit for data science, plus tangible stepwise actions that you, as a developer, can take to ramp up on data science.
- Data Scientists Are Thinkers: Execution vs. exploration and what it means for you - Jun 4, 2019.
Data scientists serve a very technical purpose, but one that is vastly different from other individual contributors. Unlike engineers, designers, and project managers, data scientists are exploration-first, rather than execution-first.
- Becoming a Level 3.0 Data Scientist - May 29, 2019.
Want to be a Junior, Senior, or Principal Data Scientists? Find out what you need to do to navigate the Data Science Career Game.
- Why Data Professionals Should Negotiate Every Job Offer - May 16, 2019.
Here are six reasons why you shouldn't feel tempted to jump at the chance and take that job offer as it is without first negotiating.
- 5 Things to Review Before Accepting That Data Scientist Job Offer - May 10, 2019.
Before you get too excited and sign the papers for that new data scientist job, and solidify your role as a new hire, make sure you look over these 5 things first.
- Data Scientist – Best Job of the Year in USA - May 8, 2019.
CareerCast ranks Data Scientist as the top job in USA, with very good work environment, low stress, high growth, and median salary of $114,520.
- The Third Wave Data Scientist - May 6, 2019.
An extensive look at what skills are needed to make up the portfolio of the third wave of data scientists.
- Interview Questions for Data Science – Three Case Interview Examples - Apr 30, 2019.
Part two in this series of useful posts for aspiring data scientists focuses on case interviews and how you can best go about answering them.
- The problem with data science job postings - Apr 25, 2019.
We provide a useful set of rules you can follow to make sure you’re applying to the right roles and explain why confusing job descriptions with impossible requirements are the new normal.
- Was it Worth Studying a Data Science Masters? - Apr 23, 2019.
As I started to apply for Data Science roles it quickly became apparent that I was lacking two key skills: applying Machine Learning and coding
- How To Go Into Data Science: Ultimate Q&A for Aspiring Data Scientists with Serious Guides - Apr 22, 2019.
To learn ALL the skills sets in data science is next to impossible as the scope is way too wide. There’ll always be some skills (technical/non-technical) that data scientists don’t know or haven’t learned as different businesses require different skill sets.
- How to build a technology narrative for early career data and analytics talent acquisition - Apr 11, 2019.
We provide advice for companies in industries still going through a digital transformation on how they can start to understand the problem that Data and Analytics professionals can help solve.
- Grow your data career at DataScienceGO, San Diego, Sep 27-29 - Apr 3, 2019.
DataScienceGO is the only conference dedicated to career advancement for data science managers, practitioners and beginners. Early Bird tickets are on sale until June 27 - get them now.
- How To Work In Data Science, AI, Big Data - Mar 18, 2019.
There are many facets to working in Data Science. Your role will depend greatly on the industry you pick and the area of Data Science you want to pursue. A Data Science career is very dynamic and requires a team effort to succeed.
- Who is a typical Data Scientist in 2019? - Mar 11, 2019.
We investigate what a typical data scientist looks like and see how this differs from this time last year, looking at skill set, programming languages, industry of employment, country of employment, and more.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n10, Mar 6: What no one will tell you about data science job applications; The rise of ML Engineering - Mar 6, 2019.
Also most impactful AI trends of 2018: The rise of ML Engineering; How to do Everything in Computer Vision; GANs Need Some Attention, Too; OpenAI GPT-2.
- What no one will tell you about data science job applications - Mar 1, 2019.
For every person who has a question relating to a data science job application, and asks it, there are ten people who have the same question, but don’t ask it. If you’re one of those ten, then this post is for you.
- Learn How to Listen: One of the hardest parts of being a data scientist - Feb 15, 2019.
Listen, Be Humble, Be Present and Transform ideas. A Data Scientist will spend a large amount of their time in meetings where you can understand the business, the goals of the area, their KPIs, and their requirements.
- Is Domain Knowledge a Hurdle to Start a Career in Data? - Feb 8, 2019.
How would I decide which domain to choose, while starting my career in data? Is it an obstacle?
- How to go from Zero to Employment in Data Science - Jan 15, 2019.
We propose the quickest and surest way to go from zero experience to landing a job, either in data science generally, or specifically in a new programming language or a new technology.
- Learning Machine Learning vs Learning Data Science - Dec 11, 2018.
We clarify some important and often-overlooked distinctions between Machine Learning and Data Science, covering education, scalable vs non-scalable jobs, career paths, and more.
- Should you become a data scientist? - Dec 10, 2018.
An overview of the current situation for data scientists, from its origins and history, to the recent growth in job postings, and looking at what changes the future might bring.
- 6 Step Plan to Starting Your Data Science Career - Dec 5, 2018.
When people want to launch data science careers but haven't made the first move, they're in a scenario that's understandably daunting and full of uncertainty. Here are six steps to get started.
- Kick Start Your Data Career! Tips From the Frontline - Dec 5, 2018.
I am going to provide very interesting and useful tips through this blog series which will help students to kick start their career in Data.
- A Complete Guide to Choosing the Best Machine Learning Course - Nov 30, 2018.
A collection of the best courses covering machine learning concepts and techniques, including supervised and unsupervised learning, and hands-on modeling to develop algorithms and prepare you for the role of Machine Learning Engineer.
- 6 Goals Every Wannabe Data Scientist Should Make for 2019 - Nov 22, 2018.
Looking to embark on a new path as a data scientist? That goal may be worthy, but it's essential for people to also set goals for 2019 that will help them get closer to that broader aim.
- The Most in Demand Skills for Data Scientists - Nov 2, 2018.
Data scientists are expected to know a lot — machine learning, computer science, statistics, mathematics, data visualization, communication, and deep learning. How should data scientists who want to be in demand by employers spend their learning budget?
- How To Learn Data Science If You’re Broke - Oct 9, 2018.
A first-hand account on how to learn data science on a budget, with advice covering useful resources, a recommended curriculum, typical concepts, building a portfolio and more.
- Diversity in Data Science: Overview and Strategy - Sep 24, 2018.
We take a hard look at diversity within the tech industry, root causes, and potential solutions and highlight resources/initiatives that can connect readers with programs aiding their professional development.
- Webinar: Life as a Data Scientist, Sep 12 - Sep 8, 2018.
Watch Springboard webinar and learn everything from the hard skills to the soft skills aspiring data scientists need. Springboard Data Science Career Track now offers deferred tuition - learn more.
- Skip the Interview! 9 Benefits of Career Fairs - Aug 29, 2018.
Career fairs are a great way to get your feet wet if you’re just starting your data science career, or to be exposed to newer trends and emerging organizations if you’re already established. What other ways are career fairs beneficial?
- What Data Scientists Want? - Aug 27, 2018.
We examine what's important for data scientists in their careers, including challenging work, networking with peers, foreseeing their career path and creating a good work-life balance.
- The 2018 Data Scientist Report is Here - Aug 23, 2018.
Learn about the data and tools that data scientists are working with in 2018, Ethical issues around AI, Algorithmic bias, Job satisfaction, and more.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n31, Aug 15: Top 10 roles in AI and data science; Github Data Science Spotlight: Python tools for Machine Learning - Aug 15, 2018.
Also: A Practitioner Guide to NLP; Reinforcement Learning: The Business Use Case; Data Scientist guide for getting started with Docker
- Top 10 roles in AI and data science - Aug 9, 2018.
When you think of the perfect data science team, are you imagining 10 copies of the same professor of computer science and statistics, hands delicately stained with whiteboard marker? We hope not!
- Seven Practical Ideas For Beginner Data Scientists - Aug 7, 2018.
As someone who has been there, I’d like to outline a few practical ideas to help junior data scientists get started at a small software company. The steps were drawn from my personal journey and that of others before me.
- How to Build a Data Science Portfolio - Jul 25, 2018.
This post will include links to where various data science professionals (data science managers, data scientists, social media icons, or some combination thereof) and others talk about what to have in a portfolio and how to get noticed.
- Beating the 4-Year Slump: Mid-Career Growth in Data Science - Jul 16, 2018.
This article provides a list of resources for data scientists who are transitioning from early-career/entry-level positions to more established roles. Surveys have shown a sharp decrease in satisfaction starting around 4 years into the profession, and resources are less obvious and readily available for professionals who have a good handle on the basics of data science than they are for beginners.
- Advice For Applying To Data Science Jobs - Jun 13, 2018.
A comprehensive guide to applying for a job in data science, covering the application, interview and offer stage.
- 6 Proven Steps to Land a Job in Data Science - May 21, 2018.
What are the critical steps to get a job in data science? We share the proven formula that helped many data enthusiasts secure job offers as data scientist/analyst, data engineer and machine learning engineer.
- Data Engineer vs Data Scientist: the evolution of aggressive species - May 14, 2018.
This article looks at how the two "species" - data scientists and data engineers - harmonise and coexist.
- Hedge Yourself From a Risky Data Science Job - Apr 18, 2018.
This article covers why it's important to consider all the factors when being hired as a data scientist.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n16, Apr 18: Key Algorithms and Statistical Models; Don’t learn Machine Learning in 24 hours; Data Scientist among the best US Jobs in 2018 - Apr 18, 2018.
Also: Top 10 Technology Trends of 2018; 12 Useful Things to Know About Machine Learning; Robust Word2Vec Models with Gensim & Applying Word2Vec Features for Machine Learning Tasks; Understanding What is Behind Sentiment Analysis - Part 1; Getting Started with PyTorch
- Machine Learning Engineer, Data Scientist among the best US Jobs in 2018 - Apr 12, 2018.
Machine Learning Engineer, with avg. salary of $136K and Data Scientist, with avg. salary $133K are among the top US jobs in 2018, according to job site Indeed.
- New Poll: Data Scientist and Data Community Job Satisfaction - Apr 10, 2018.
Is Data Scientist / Machine Learning Engineer still the sexiest profession or have you been burned? Please vote in the new poll on job satisfaction.
- Why so many data scientists are leaving their jobs - Apr 9, 2018.
We look at some of the big challenges and frustrations that data scientists face on a regular basis.
- Why Data Scientists Must Focus on Developing Product Sense - Apr 6, 2018.
Data Scientists should focus on developing product sense to move fast and systematically, create models that are relevant and to able to know when to stop.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Mar 28 – Apr 03: A “Weird” Intro to Deep Learning; Why so many data scientists are leaving their jobs - Apr 4, 2018.
Also: Don't learn #MachineLearning in 24 hours; Introduction to Functional Programming in #Python
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n14, Apr 4: How Do I Get My First Data Science Job? A “Weird” Intro to Deep Learning; Top 20 DL papers - Apr 4, 2018.
Also: A Day in the Life of a Data Scientist: Part 4; Understanding Feature Engineering: Deep Learning Methods for Text Data.
- How Do I Get My First Data Science Job? - Apr 2, 2018.
Here are the steps you need to obtain your first job in data science, including details on how to create a good portfolio, key networking tips, getting the right education and managing expectations.
- A Day in the Life of a Data Scientist: Part 4 - Apr 2, 2018.
Interested in what a data scientist does on a typical day of work? Each data science role may be different, but these contributors have insight to help those interested in figuring out what a day in the life of a data scientist actually looks like.
- Your free 70-page guide to a career in data science - Mar 16, 2018.
To help you become a Data Scientist, we put together a guide with answers to: how do you break into the profession? What skills do you need to become a data scientist? Where are best data science jobs?
- 5 Things to Know Before Rushing to Start in Data Science - Mar 13, 2018.
Strong math understanding, computing skills, critical thinking and presentations skills provide a strong foundation for a career in Data Science.
- The Two Sides of Getting a Job as a Data Scientist - Mar 7, 2018.
Are you a Data Scientist looking for a Job? Are you a Recruiter looking for a Data Scientist? If you answered yes or NO to this questions you need to read this.
Pages: 1 2
- Should You Ever Volunteer Your Data Skills for Free? - Mar 6, 2018.
The question has probably come up of whether it’s ever okay to offer your data-related knowledge to people or organizations for free. Does taking that approach ever benefit you?
- How to Survive Your Data Science Interview - Mar 1, 2018.
There are many wonderful things about data science. It’s extreme breadth is not one of them. The title of data scientist means something different at every company
- Aspiring Data Scientists – 4 Steps To Get Hired - Feb 27, 2018.
The most common complaints we see from candidates who have faced rejection are lack of experience, education level requirements, lack of opportunities for Freshers, overly demanding and confusing job role requirements.
- Want a Job in Data? Learn This - Feb 19, 2018.
Why mastering a 50-year-old programming language is the key to getting a data science job.
- Build Your Skills in the Career You Love – KDnuggets Offer - Feb 15, 2018.
In the spirit of Valentine's Day, we want to show you the love - data love. Use coupon KDLOVE25 and save 25% on all individual Online Learning courses*, now through February 26!
- Data Scientist – best job in America, 3 years in a row - Jan 29, 2018.
For the third year in a row, Data Scientist was ranked as the no. 1 job in America by Glassdoor.
- 5 Key Data Science Job Market Trends - Jan 26, 2018.
As a data scientist — or someone interested in the field — you know the industry is constantly evolving. If you want to remain competitive, you need to keep up with popular trends.
- How To Grow As A Data Scientist - Jan 25, 2018.
In order for a data scientist to grow, they need to be challenged beyond the technical aspects of their jobs. They need to question their data sources, be concise in their insights, know their business and help guide their leaders.
- Learn Data Science Without a Degree - Jan 19, 2018.
But how do you learn data science? Let’s take a look at some of the steps you can take to begin your journey into data science without needing a degree, including Springboard’s Data Science Career Track.
- Machine Learning Engineer, Data Scientist – top US emerging jobs - Dec 27, 2017.
Machine Learning Engineer jobs grew almost 10 fold since 2012, and Data Scientist jobs grew 6.5 times. However, finding qualified people to fill such jobs remains difficult.
- Can I Become a Data Scientist: Research into 1,001 Data Scientist Profiles - Dec 26, 2017.
Results from a survey include: the average data scientist is a male, with median experience on the job is 2 years. He uses R, Python, and SQL. Read for more details.
- Yet Another Day in the Life of a Data Scientist - Dec 25, 2017.
Are you interested in what a data scientist does on a typical day of work? Each data science role may be different, but these four individuals provide insight to help those interested in figuring out what a day in the life of a data scientist actually looks like.
- Transitioning to Data Science: How to become a data scientist, and how to create a data science team - Dec 15, 2017.
"A good data scientist in my mind is the person that takes the science part in data science very seriously; a person who is able to find problems and solve them using statistics, machine learning, and distributed computing."