- Crafting an Elevator Pitch for your Data Science Startup - Aug 19, 2019.
If you are launching a data science startup, these tips will give you a head start as you seek capital for seed funding or your next level of growth.
- A startup: Quantitative Modeler [Remote, US] - Jan 18, 2019.
A Startup is seeking a talented and highly motivated Quantitative Modeler for a unique and exciting opportunity with a small team looking to accurately predict the events (team and player level) of future sports competitions.
- SQL Case Study: Helping a Startup CEO Manage His Data - Sep 19, 2018.
In this tutorial, you will learn how to create a table, insert values into it, use and understand some data types, use SELECT statements, UPDATE records, use some aggregate functions, and more.
Pages: 1 2
- 2018 Will Be the Perfect Time to Build an AI Startup - Nov 10, 2017.
At the core, AI is actually built into many technologies currently in use, and it’s probably not as risky an investment as you might think.
- Key Takeaways from AI Conference in San Francisco 2017 – Day 1 - Sep 29, 2017.
Highlights and key takeaways from day 1 of AI Conference San Francisco 2017, including current state review, future trends, and top recommendations for AI initiatives.
Pages: 1 2
- How to Fail with Artificial Intelligence: 9 creative ways to make your AI startup fail - May 4, 2017.
This post summarizes nine creative ways to condemn almost any AI startup to bankruptcy. I focus on data science and machine learning startups, but the lessons on what to avoid can easily be applied to other industries.
- How to Get Stuff Done at a Data Startup - Oct 13, 2016.
This post is a followup to how to structure data science teams, with a focus on how we get stuff done. The same principles we follow can be applied at your data startup or data science team.
- Where are the Opportunities for Machine Learning Startups? - Jun 8, 2016.
Machine learning has permeated data-driven businesses, which means almost all businesses. Here are a few areas where it’s possible that big corporations haven’t already eaten everybody’s lunch.
- CRN Big Data Startups to Watch in 2016 - May 27, 2016.
The CRN editorial team has released its annual Big Data 100 report for 2016, which includes the 55 Big Data Startups to Watch in 2016. Get the info here.
- Positioning a Machine Learning Company - Apr 28, 2016.
The classic guide for entrepreneurs preparing a pitch is Sequoia’s Business Plan Template. This post aims to be a mere addendum to that in the age of machine learning.
- Best Data Science, Machine Learning Blogs from Companies and Startups - Apr 21, 2016.
A collection of company data science blogs to follow and read. Top blogs have links to, and excerpts from, recent quality posts of particular interest.
Pages: 1 2
- Airbnb: Lessons on Digital, Startups, Big Data and Disrupting Markets - Jan 21, 2016.
AirBnB has brought together unmatched supply and demand and allowed for market-driven evaluation of assets. We are sharing lessons learnt from them for digital startups and big data organisations.
Pages: 1 2
- R Style Ninjas: New Lifestyle Site for R Enthusiasts - Dec 11, 2015.
New R themed apparel site with several designs generated from R data visualizations. A portion of each purchase goes toward supporting R development.
- Where Should I Work In Big Data? - Oct 9, 2015.
Unravelling the mystery of where to work as a data scientist, whether to venture into start-up or join a safe course of established vendors has been haunting many aspirants. Find out yourself by answer these five questions!
- Cloud Machine Learning’s Ostrich Mania & Uncanny Valley - May 14, 2015.
Cloud machine learning services are popping up by the tens, providing automated data science solutions. What will the anticipated customers want? They may follow a peculiar distribution reminiscent of the uncanny valley.
Pages: 1 2
- Interview: Joe Otto, Alpine on Why Big Data is all about Empowerment & Collaboration - Sep 9, 2014.
We discuss the story of Alpine Data Labs, the recent recognition of Alpine, effect of YARN, major customer use cases, and challenges in consumerizing Big Data.
- Interview: John Funge, CTO, Knack on Why Gaming is the Next Big Thing for Hiring - Aug 18, 2014.
We discuss the gamification of hiring, founding story of Knack, applications of Predictive Human Analytics, challenges, Big Data tools and technology used, key qualities sought in data scientists, career advice and more.
- Interview: Santhosh Adayikkoth, CEO, BigInfo Labs on Big Data perception and learning Big Data skills - Jun 7, 2014.
We discuss BigInfo Labs' future plans, Big Data perception at C-level in large firms, most effective ways to learn Big Data skills and more.
- Interview: Santhosh Adayikkoth, CEO, BigInfo Labs on Data Relevance and Intel Partnership - Jun 6, 2014.
We discuss BigInfo Labs, the concept of "Data Relevance" in Big Data, experience of partnership with Intel, and BigInfo Labs' strategy for competitive differentiation.
- Interview: Dale Russell, CTO, Talksum on Winning the IE Big Data Startup Award - May 20, 2014.
We discuss Talksum data stream router and cross-domain networking with real-time data management using data streams.
- Uppd8: An Engine for the Wisdom of Crowds - May 15, 2014.
What people think matters. Uppd8 focuses on crowd sentiment analysis and provides tag-scored data based on different user types. Basic services will be provided for free.
- Big Data BootCamp: Highlights of talks on Day 3 - May 12, 2014.
Highlights from the presentations by big data technology practitioners from Hortonworks, Intel, Rackspace, SciSpike, and Yahoo at Big Data Bootcamp 2014 in Santa Clara.
- Experfy, Big Data Consulting Marketplace from Harvard - May 2, 2014.
Good news for data experts - you have many new options with Experfy, a startup from Harvard Innovation Lab, which is a consulting marketplace where companies hire talent for Big Data, Analytics, and BI projects.