- What Makes Python An Ideal Programming Language For Startups - Dec 31, 2021.
In this blog, we will discuss what makes Python so popular, its features, and why you should consider Python as a programming language for your startup.
Programming Languages, Python, Startups
- AI in Healthcare: A review of innovative startups - Sep 30, 2020.
The AI innovation in healthcare has been overwhelming with the Global Healthcare AI Market accounting for $0.95 billion in 2017, and is expected to reach $19.25 billion by 2026. What drives this vibrant growth?
AI, Coronavirus, COVID-19, Healthcare, Startups
- 5 Innovative AI Software Companies You Should Know - Jul 8, 2020.
While machine learning is impacting organizations around the world, some are driving forward the real-world applications of innovative AI. Check out these interesting companies to watch for exciting new progress this year.
AI, Companies, Software, Startups
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n22, Jun 3: How to Think Like a Data Scientist; Six Ways For Data Scientists to Succeed at a Startup - Jun 3, 2020.
Learn how to think like a Data Scientist; Read about 6 ways for a data scientist to succeed at a startup; Get a great and free new book on Deep Learning for Coders with fast.ai and PyTorch; check best GIS Courses in 2020; and more.
Data Scientist, Deep Learning, fast.ai, GIS, PyTorch, Startups
- How AI will transform healthcare (and can it fix the US healthcare system?) - Sep 30, 2019.
This thorough review focuses on the impact of AI, 5G, and edge computing on the healthcare sector in the 2020s as well as a look at quantum computing's potential impact on AI, healthcare, and financial services.
Pages: 1 2
AI, Healthcare, Quantum Computing, Startups, USA
- Crafting an Elevator Pitch for your Data Science Startup - Aug 19, 2019.
If you are launching a data science startup, these tips will give you a head start as you seek capital for seed funding or your next level of growth.
Data Science, Startup, Startups, VC
- How To Get Funding For AI Startups - Jun 27, 2019.
What are the biggest challenges AI startups have when pitching to investors? Learn how to grab their attention with these recommendations on how to start building your AI company.
AI, Startups, VC
- AI: Arms Race 2.0 - Mar 12, 2019.
An analysis of the current state of the competition between US, Europe, and China in AI, examining research, patent publications, global datasphere, devices and IoT, people, and more.
AI, China, Deep Learning, Europe, Investment, IoT, Machine Learning, Neural Networks, Startups, Trends, USA
- Reflections on the State of AI: 2018 - Feb 26, 2019.
We provide a detailed overview of the key developments in the AI space, focusing on key players, applications, opportunities, and challenges.
AI, AlphaStar, Azure ML, Bias, Deepfakes, Ethics, Google, Microsoft, MIT, Self-Driving Car, Startups, Trends, Uber, VC
- Your AI skills are worth less than you think - Jan 25, 2019.
We are in the middle of an AI boom. That doesn’t mean that making your AI startup succeed is easy. I think there are some important pitfalls ahead of anyone trying to build their business around AI.
AI, Skills, Startups
- Data Science Project Flow for Startups - Jan 24, 2019.
The aim of this post, then, is to present the characteristic project flow that I have identified in the working process of both my colleagues and myself in recent years. Hopefully, this can help both data scientists and the people working with them to structure data science projects in a way that reflects their uniqueness.
Data Science, Startups, Workflow
- Deep Conversations: Lisha Li, Principal at Amplify Partners - May 3, 2018.
Mathematician Lisha Li expounds on how she thrives as a Venture Capitalist at Amplify Partners to identify, invest and nurture the right startups in Machine Learning and Distributed Systems.
Pages: 1 2
A/B Testing, Adversarial, AI, Capsule Networks, Deep Learning, Interview, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Pinterest, Startups, Stitch Fix, VC
- Neural Network based Startup Name Generator - Apr 20, 2018.
How to build a recurrent neural network to generate suggestions for your new company’s name.
Neural Networks, Python, Startups
- How to Battle the Data Wheel of Death - Apr 24, 2017.
Data not Constantly Maintained ->Data Becomes Irrelevant -> People Lose Trust -> Use Data Less. We examine 4 reasons for such wheel of death, and what can you do about it.
Big Data Strategy, KPI, Startups
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n11, Mar 22: 50 Companies Leading The AI Revolution; 17 More Must-Know Data Science Q&A, part 3 - Mar 22, 2017.
Also 7 Types of Data Scientist Job Profiles; Email Spam Filtering: An Implementation with Python and Scikit-learn.
AI, Data Scientist, Interview Questions, SQL, Startups
- Practical Data Science: Building Minimum Viable Models - Nov 8, 2016.
Data Science for startups based on data: Minimum Valuable Model, a new concept to avoid a full scale 95% accurate data science model. Want to know more about MVM? Have a look at this interesting article.
Big Data, Data Science, Startups
- Artificial Intelligence Classification Matrix - Nov 3, 2016.
There might be several different ways to think around machine intelligence startups; too narrow of a framework might be counterproductive given the flexibility of the sector and the facility of transitioning from one group to another. Check out this categorization matrix.
AI, Artificial Intelligence, Classification, Startups
- European Machine Intelligence Landscape - Oct 18, 2016.
This post outlines the European machine intelligence landscape, which, until recently, has been under-appreciated in its contribution to the innovation and commercialisation of machine intelligence technologies.
Europe, Machine Intelligence, Machine Learning, Startups
- How to Structure Your Team When Building a Data Startup - Oct 1, 2016.
Data Startup in mind? Need to structure different teams? Here are guidelines for structuring Data Team, Crawl Development Team, Data Infrastructure Team, and more.
Data Science Team, Startups, Team
- PAPIs 16 Conference on Predictive Applications & APIs, Oct 10-12, Boston - Aug 30, 2016.
PAPIs is the premier forum for the presentation of new machine learning APIs, techniques, architectures and tools to build intelligent applications. It also hosts the world’s 1st startup competition where the jury is an AI.
API, Applications, Boston, Claudia Perlich, MA, Machine Learning, Startups
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 27 – Aug 2: Understanding neural networks with Google TensorFlow Playground; Getting Started with Data Science in Python - Aug 3, 2016.
Understanding neural networks with Google TensorFlow Playground; The 100 Best-Funded #Analytics #DataScience #Startups; Great tutorial: Getting Started with #DataScience - #Python; #MachineLearning over 1M hotel reviews: interesting insights.
Data Science Tutorial, Neural Networks, Programming Languages, Python, Startups, TensorFlow, Top tweets
- KDnuggets Interview: Inderpal Bhandari, IBM Global Chief Data Officer on 4 key ideas of Cognitive Computing - Jul 17, 2016.
In this wide-ranging interview, we discuss the role of IBM global chief data officer, 4 key ideas of cognitive computing, risks of AI, IBM Data Science Experience, healthcare, basketball, sports analytics, and more.
Pages: 1 2
Basketball, Chief Data Officer, Cognitive Computing, Healthcare, IBM, Startups
- 4 Major Trends Disrupting the Data Science Market - Jul 15, 2016.
An interesting excerpt from Burtch Works' recently published Burtch Works Study: Salaries of Data Scientists 2016, focusing on trends disrupting the data science market.
Burtch Works, Data Science, Hiring, Industries, Startups
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n21, Jun 15: What Big Data, Data Science tools go together? Oppys for Machine Learning Startups - Jun 15, 2016.
What Big Data, Data Science, Deep Learning software goes together? Opportunities for Machine Learning Startups; Top NoSQL Database Engines; How Do You Identify the Right Data Scientist for Your Team?
Data Mining Software, Data Science Team, NoSQL, Poll, Startups, Support Vector Machines
- 10 Data Acquisition Strategies for Startups - Jun 14, 2016.
An interesting discussion of the myriad methods in which startups may choose to acquire data, often the most overlooked and important aspect of a startup's success (or failure).
Pages: 1 2
Acquisitions, Crowdsourcing, Datasets, Startups
- Positioning a Machine Learning Company - Apr 28, 2016.
The classic guide for entrepreneurs preparing a pitch is Sequoia’s Business Plan Template. This post aims to be a mere addendum to that in the age of machine learning.
Business Strategy, Machine Learning, Startup, Startups, VC
- The Next Big Inflection in Big Data: Automated Insights - Feb 15, 2016.
To keep up with big data and improve our use of information, we need insightful applications that will quickly and inexpensively extract correlations while associating insights with actions.
Pages: 1 2
Big Data, Evangelos Simoudis, Insight Effectiveness, Startups, VC
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 1-7: On Facebook people are separated by only 3.5 degrees; Tribute to Marvin Minsky, co-founder of AI - Feb 8, 2016.
The Most Funded #Tech #Startup In every US state; Tableau, Qlik, Microsoft leaders in Gartner 2016 BI, #Analytics Platforms; Tribute to Marvin Minsky 1927-2016, co-founder of Artificial Intelligence; No more #6degrees! On Facebook people are separated by only 3.5 degrees.
Andrew Ng, Artificial Intelligence, Facebook, Startups
- Aug 2015 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, Data Science Acquisitions, Startup roundup - Sep 11, 2015.
Aug 2015 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: HyperVerge, Top 100 by funding, Deep Genomics, Driveway Software, BigML, and many more.
BigML, Bitcoin, Datameer, Deep Learning, Funding, Machine Learning, Startups
- July 2015 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Aug 14, 2015.
July 2015 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Quid, Oil/Gas, Palantir, Civis Analytics, KyvosInsights, AI Safety, Cybersecurity, and more.
Civis Analytics, Cybersecurity, DataCamp, Elon Musk, Oil & Gas, Palantir, Quid, Startups
- Interview: Stefan Groschupf, Datameer on Why SQL on Hadoop is a Bad Idea - Aug 5, 2015.
We discuss the startups landscape in Big Data, valuation of Big Data companies, recognition earned by Datameer, and why SQL on Hadoop is a bad idea.
Datameer, Interview, SQL. Hadoop, Startups, Stefan Groschupf
- CRN 10 Coolest Big Data Startups - Jul 30, 2015.
CRN identifies Top 10 startups which offer the coolest technology in big data. The list includes companies which focus on business intelligence, business & visual Analytics, Hadoop technology and cloud-based systems.
Big Data, CRN, Domo, Looker, Startups, Tamr
- Jun 2015 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Jul 20, 2015.
Jun 2015 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Spotify, Unicorn Power Law, Twitter + Whetlab, Belong, ZestFinance.
Big Data, Experfy, Saama, Salesforce, Spotify, Startups, Twitter, ZestFinance
- May 2015 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Jun 10, 2015.
May 2015 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Elon Musk, Google buys Timeful, Lexalytics Wizard GUI, Banjo $100M, Unicorn myth and reality.
Baidu, Elon Musk, Google, Lexalytics, Startups
- CRN 2015 Big Data Infrastructure Companies - May 28, 2015.
The CRN identifies top 25 big data infrastructure, tools and service companies offering everything from hardware servers, to software platforms and applications, to cloud-based services. The list includes major players in the big data space like Microsoft, Amazon, and IBM!
Big Data, CRN, Data Infrastructure, Data Platform, Hadoop, Startups
- CRN 2015 Emerging Big Data Vendors - May 26, 2015.
The 2015 Computer Reseller News, CRN Big Data Emerging vendors list features 54 companies launched since 2009 for their innovative tools, technology and committment to help businesses manage the Big Data Challenge.
Big Data, Big Data Vendors, CRN, Startups
- April 2015 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - May 8, 2015.
Apr 2015 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Microsoft + RevolutionR, Most-Funded Startups, VC says boom not bubble - look at valuations, and more.
Cloudera, Datazen, Domo, IBM Watson, Microsoft, MongoDB, Palantir, Revolution Analytics, Startups
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 27 – May 3: Attack of the #BigData Startups; Data Science from Scratch: First Principles with Python - May 4, 2015.
DataScience from Scratch: First Principles with Python; Attack of the #BigData Startups - @cbinsights maps the industries; Not accurate, but #fun ! See how old Microsoft thinks you are; US Chief Data Scientist @dpatil on #DataScience #BigData past and future.
DJ Patil, Face Recognition, Kirk D. Borne, Microsoft, NoSQL, Python, Startups
- March 2015 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Apr 9, 2015.
March 2015 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Apple buys Acunu, Algorithmia Launches, Dataminr raises $130M, PatentVector, Looker, and more.
Acunu, Algorithmia, Apple, Dataminr, Looker, Startups
- Text By the Bay conference, San Francisco, Apr 24-25 - Apr 2, 2015.
The inaugural Text By the Bay conference has an amazing program, with speakers from top universities, Big text data powerhouses, Growing global players, Startups, Text/NLP tech providers, and more. KDnuggets discount.
CA, NLP, San Francisco, Sentiment Analysis, Startups, Text Analytics, Topic Modeling
- Feb 2015 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Mar 12, 2015.
Feb 2015 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: @Kaggle cuts 1/3 of staff, Infosys buys Panaya, RapidMiner gets $15M, Palantir buys Fancy That, Hitachi buys Pentaho, and more.
Hitachi, Infosys, Kaggle, Palantir, Pentaho, RapidMiner, Startups
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 23-25: Microsoft is building fast, low-power Deep Learning networks; Lucrative tech careers: Data Scientist, Data Engineer - Feb 26, 2015.
5 lucrative tech careers in 2015: Data Scientist ($150K), Data Engineer ($148K); Which SQL on Hadoop? Gartner Poll Still Says "Whatever" But DBMS Providers Gain; 10 Most-Funded #BigData #Startups; DataRPM 8 runs in #Hadoop, uses #MachineLearning to find insights.
Big Data, Data Engineer, Data Scientist, DataRPM, Hadoop, Salary, SQL, Startups, Trevor Hastie
- Beagli: Finding value in your personal data - Feb 25, 2015.
Personal analytics products can help users extract value from their data. This post describes our development of Beagli, a platform for mining and auctioning personal data.
Marketplace, Privacy, Startups
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 4-5: Clarifai Machine Learning software can understand what is in your videos - Feb 6, 2015.
Clarifai #MachineLearning software can understand what is in your videos; #BigData Lessons From @Netflix: comparing House of Cards and Macbeth insights; 2014 was the biggest year for #AI startups; Top Data Scientist @DPatil joined the #WhiteHouse as a data scientist-in-residence.
AI, Clarifai, DJ Patil, Image Recognition, Netflix, Startups, Video recognition, White House
- Predictions: 2015 Analytics and Data Science Hiring Market - Jan 13, 2015.
Thanks to Big Data, analytics have become inescapable. Forget the C-Suite if you’re not a Data Geek, recruiting for startups gets harder, analytics salary bands get a lift, and more 2015 predictions.
Apache Spark, Burtch Works, Data Science, Hiring, MOOC, Predictions for 2015, Salary, Startups
- December 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Jan 12, 2015.
December 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Scaled Inference, Pulse Energy, Mixpanel, Oracle buys Datalogix, Hortonworks IPO, MSFT buys HockeyApp, Brandwatch buys PeerIndex, MetaMind launches.
Hortonworks, Microsoft, Oracle, PeerIndex, Startups
- November 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Dec 11, 2014.
November 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Target buys Powered Analytics, Ve buys qunb, Sentient raises 100M+, Galvanize buys Zipfian Academy, Intel backs 16 startups.
Intel, Sentient, Startups, Target
- Text Mining and Election Analytics in Massachusetts - Oct 24, 2014.
Election season is coming! Take a deeper look at some political dynamics with indico’s political analysis API.
API, Elections, indico, Massachusetts, Startups, Text Analytics, Web services
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 20-21: 4 ways to become a Data Scientist w/out a PhD; Ebola and Data Science Lessons - Oct 22, 2014.
4 ways to become a Data Scientist w/out getting a PhD; Ebola Analytics and Data Science Lessons; Apple: Data Analyst; How to Be a Data Scientist: An Interview with Dr. Pete Meyers of Moz.
Apple, Data Scientist, Ebola, Internet of Things, Startups
- September 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Oct 9, 2014.
September 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Hootsuite, eBay - Paypal, MemSQL/In-Q-Tel, Qualtrics, SingTel, Radius, Numerify, DataStax, Nielsen/Indicus, Mail.ru/VKontakte, Teradata / Think Big Analytics.
Companies, eBay, Hootsuite, PayPal, Startups, Teradata
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 6-7: Great TED talk by @KnCukier “Big Data is better data”; Top 10 One-Person Startups - Oct 8, 2014.
Great TED talk by @KnCukier "Big Data is better data"; Top 10 One-Person Startups; 7 critical elements of effective dashboards and visualizations; Making Sense of Public Data - Wrangling Jeopardy.
Dashboard, Data Preparation, Data Wrangling, Jeopardy, Kenneth Cukier, Startups, TED
- August 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Sep 3, 2014.
August 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Infosys, Enlitic, Guavus, Google buys Jetpac, Algorithmia, MedAssets buys Sq2, Yahoo buys Zofari, Adatao.
Acquisitions, Companies, Deep Learning, GE, Google, Startups, Yahoo
- Panel Report: A Data Scientist Guide to Startups - Aug 19, 2014.
A detailed report on the KDD-2013 panel with 4 leading data scientists and entrepreneurs - Ron Bekkerman, Oren Etzioni, Usama Fayyad, and Claudia Perlich, discussing the major issues in Big Data and Data Science startups.
Big Data Journal, Chicago-IL, Claudia Perlich, Data Scientist, KDD, Oren Etzioni, Startups, Usama Fayyad
- Interview: Pedro Domingos: the Master Algorithm, new type of Deep Learning, great advice for young researchers - Aug 19, 2014.
Top researcher Pedro Domingos on useful maxims for Data Mining, Machine Learning as the Master Algorithm, new type of Deep Learning called sum-product networks, Big Data and startups, and great advice to young researchers.
Advice, Deep Learning, KDD-2014, Machine Learning, Pedro Domingos, Startups
- July 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Aug 7, 2014.
July 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Twitter buys Madbits, WalmartLabs buys Luvocracy, Zillow buys Trulia, Apple buys Booklamp, Yahoo buys Flurry, Salesforce buys RelateIQ, Couchbase, GE, Databricks, and more.
Acquisitions, Apple, Companies, Databricks, GE, Salesforce, Startups, Twitter, Yahoo, Zillow
- PredictionIO raised $2.5M for Open Source Machine Learning Server - Jul 17, 2014.
An open source machine learning server, PredictionIO, has raised $2.5M to help build smarter application everywhere. It seems that “smarter” is the new sexy.
App, Machine Learning, PredictionIO, Startups
- June 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Jul 9, 2014.
June 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: MapR, CloudPhysics, Clari, ThoughtSpot, SiSense, Elasticsearch, Trifacta, @CBinsights startup post-mortem lessons, and more.
Acquisitions, Companies, MapR, Sisense, Startups, Trifacta
- CRN 50 Emerging Big Data Vendors - Jun 26, 2014.
We examine CRN top 50 Emerging Big Data Vendors, with 65% located in Silicon Valley. The prototypical company is located in San Francisco and develops software for Hadoop analytics platform. Competition will be tough!
Big Data, Big Data Vendors, Companies, CRN, Hadoop, Startups
- AlgoMost contest: Predicting future company acquisitions - Jun 11, 2014.
Develop an algorithm to predict which companies are most likely to be acquired in the current fiscal year.
Acquisitions, AlgoMost, Competition, Data Science, Startups
- May 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Jun 9, 2014.
May 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: 40 events, including ExtraHop, Capptain, Datalogix, "Data Nation", 6Sense, Sumo Logic, DataPad, SeeWhy, Tamr, LiveRamp, and Adometry.
Acquisitions, Datalogix, Google, Startups, Sumo Logic, Tamr
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jun 4-5: “Practical Data Science with R” stands out; Top 5 cities for #BigData jobs - Jun 6, 2014.
How does "Practical Data Science with R" book stand out ? Top 5 cities for #BigData jobs: San Francisco, McLean, Boston, St. Louis, and Toronto; Big jump in #BigData applications, code built with Apache Spark ; 76 Startup Failure Post-Mortems.
Apache Spark, Boston-MA, Data Science, Failure, McLean-VA, R, San Francisco-CA, Startups
- Exclusive: Raul Valdes-Perez on OnlyBoth, Scientific Discovery, Advice for Winners - Jun 5, 2014.
Our exclusive interview covers OnlyBoth and Vivisimo startups, Scientific Discovery, legendary Herbert A. Simon, venture capital, Big Data, advice for winners, and more.
Advice, Herbert A. Simon, OnlyBoth, Raul Valdes-Perez, Startups, Vivisimo
- Stacking the Deck: The Next Wave of Opportunity in Big Data - May 20, 2014.
A leading venture capitalist explains why Big Data infrastructure market is mostly mature and where lies the next big area of opportunities related to Big Data.
Chip Hazard, Full Stack Analytics, Machine Learning, Network Effects, Startups, VC
- Exclusive: Tamr at the New Frontier of Big Data Curation - May 19, 2014.
Our exclusive profile of Tamr (former Data Tamer), the latest startup from legendary Michael Stonebraker, which emerged from stealth mode to address the new field of Big Data Curation.
Andy Palmer, Data Curation, Machine Learning, Michael Brodie, Michael Stonebraker, Startups, Tamr
- Top KDnuggets tweets, May 16-18: Great find – Intro to Data Science, free download; Why code written by scientists gets ugly - May 19, 2014.
Great find! Intro. to Data Science, v2 (170 pages), free download; Why code written by scientists gets ugly; A Statistician's View on #BigData and Data Science - updated; CIOReview Top 100 Most Promising Big Data Companies.
CIOReview, Companies, Free ebook, Kaggle, Startups, Statisticians
- Top 100 Startup Experts to Follow on Twitter - May 17, 2014.
A list of Top 100 Startup Experts to Follow on Twitter is headed by @kdnuggets. Check our tweets on Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science startups and acquisitions under hashtag #BigDataCo.
Experts, Gregory Piatetsky, KDnuggets Honors, Startups, Twitter
- CIOReview Top 100 Most Promising Big Data Companies - May 17, 2014.
Top 100 Most Promising Big Data Companies according to CIO Review, from 7Segments to OpenBI to Zeta Interactive.
Big Data, CIOReview, Companies, Startups
- Big Data Landscape, v 3.0, analyzed - May 15, 2014.
We analyze the Big Data Landscape and identify the most popular market segments in Analytics, Infrastructure, Applications, Open Source, and Data Sources categories. It is still early - only 4.5% of companies had exits.
Big Data, Big Data Analytics, Data Platform, Infrastructure, Landscape, Open Source, Startups
- April 2014 Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - May 8, 2014.
April 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Experfy, Dunnhumby, NexGraph, Fundbox, FICO, Gnip, Fliptop, InBloom, Jaspersoft, and more.
Acquisitions, dunnhumby, Experfy, FICO, Gnip, India, Jaspersoft, Startups, Twitter
- KDnuggets Interview: Michael Brodie on Data Curation, Cloud Computing, Startup Quality, Verizon (part 2) - Apr 28, 2014.
The second part of our exclusive interview focuses on Data Curation, Cloud Computing, Data Tamer and Jisto startups, and his experience as a chief Scientist of Verizon - and how that relates to teenager never tidying a room for 60 years.
Cloud Computing, Data Curation, Data Tamer, Jisto, Michael Brodie, Startups, Verizon, Virtualization
- KDnuggets 14:n09: Top LinkedIn Groups in 2014; Big Data Vendor Analysis; Teaching Machine Learning - Apr 16, 2014.
Latest analytics, data mining, and data science stories, including Features, Opinions, Software, News, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings, Jobs, Academic positions, Publications, Tweets, CFP.
Big Data Vendors, EMC, LinkedIn, Startups, Timeline
- March Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Acquisitions and Startups Activity - Apr 8, 2014.
March 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Vizify, Echo Nest, Coinalytics, VoltDB, Platfora, Dell buys Statsoft, Vicarious, RelateIQ, Cloudera.
Acquisitions, Cloudera, Dell, Platfora, Startups, StatSoft, Vicarious, Vizify, VoltDB
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Apr 4-6: Apache Spark – a Fast #BigData Analytics Engine; Facebook #DataScience tools - Apr 7, 2014.
Apache Spark - a Fast #BigData Analytics Engine - very good, detailed overview! Facebook #DataScience team releases open-source tools; Top #BigData start-ups by employee satisfaction; My answer to "Which will be better for career prospects in Machine Learning".
Apache Spark, DataStax, Facebook, Georgia Tech, Machine Learning, MongoDB, Startups
- Exclusive Interview: Richard Socher, founder of etcML, Easy Text Classification - Mar 31, 2014.
An exclusive interview with Richard Socher, co-founder of etcML, a new and free tool for helping users with creating classifiers for text using machine learning.
etcML, Machine Learning, Richard Socher, Startups, Text Classification
- February Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining companies and startups activity - Mar 9, 2014.
February 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Cloudant, Klout, Statwing, 300, Palantir, Talent Neuron, BlueKai.
Acquisitions, Cloudant, Klout, Palantir, Startups
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 7-9: 3 ways to test predictive models; 90% of top-paying IT jobs Big Data related - Feb 10, 2014.
3 ways to test Predictive Models accuracy; 90% of top-paying IT jobs are related to #BigData, R; 10 Emerging Analytics Startups in India ; CMSR Data Miner/Rule-Engine Software - free academic use.
Accuracy, CMSR, Data Mining Software, India, Predictive Models, Startups
- 10 Emerging Analytics Startups in India - Feb 7, 2014.
India is becoming a powerhouse in Analytics, and here are 10 emerging Indian Analytics startups to watch in 2014: Crayon Data, Flutura, Axtria, Flytxt, Sapience Analytics, SIBIA Analytics, Ideal Analytics, FORMCEPT, IQR Consulting, and StatLabs.
Chennai-India, Crayon Data, Flutura, India, Kolkata-India, Startups
- January Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Companies and Startups Activity - Feb 3, 2014.
January 2014 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: DeepMind, Avigilon, TaKaDu, Nest, Path, FirstFuel, API Healthcare, Kana Software, ImgUR, IMS Health.
Acquisitions, DeepMind, Google, Healthcare, Startups
- December Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining Companies and Startups Activity - Jan 7, 2014.
December 2013 acquisitions, startups, and company activity in Analytics, Big Data, Data Mining, and Data Science: Answers.com, Talend, Palantir, KPMG, Datameer, Dell
Acquisitions, Startups, VC