- Data Careers in Demand: Crowd Solutions Architect Explained - Jun 23, 2021.
How can crowdsourcing support the applications of data teams at an organization? With an ever-increasing demand for more and higher quality data, a new role of the Crowd Solutions Architect (CSA) can leverage the potential of the masses to bring an advantage to a business's capability to deliver effective AI-driven solutions.
- Crowdsourcing vs. Managed Teams: A Study in Data Labeling Quality - Jun 12, 2019.
You need data labeled for ML. You can do it in-house, crowdsource it, or hire a managed service. If data quality matters, read this.
- How to Organize Data Labeling for Machine Learning: Approaches and Tools - May 16, 2018.
The main challenge for a data science team is to decide who will be responsible for labeling, estimate how much time it will take, and what tools are better to use.
Pages: 1 2
- Open Innovation and Crowdsourcing in Machine Learning – Getting premium value out of data - Jun 14, 2017.
Recently, PSL Research University launched a one-week course combining theoretical lectures and practical sessions. 115 students from various backgrounds and skill levels were enrolled; something quite spectacular happened during the week: Students have achieved an astounding level of score improvement - in just three afternoons.
- 7 Ways to Get High-Quality Labeled Training Data at Low Cost - Jun 13, 2017.
Having labeled training data is needed for machine learning, but getting such data is not simple or cheap. We review 7 approaches including repurposing, harvesting free sources, retrain models on progressively higher quality data, and more.
- Surprising Popularity: A Solution to the Crowd Wisdom Problem - Feb 15, 2017.
This is an overview of a recent proposed method for solving the crowd wisdom problem: select the answer that is more popular than people predict. Research shows that this principle yields the best answer under reasonable assumptions about voter behavior.
- Data Hoarding and Alternative Data In Finance – How to Overcome the Challenges - Jan 13, 2017.
Big data craze inspires firms to save every possible bit of data, with the misconception that the more data you have, the better. Firms must keep data (for compliance purposes) or often aren’t sure what information they need to keep. This post looks at alternative data sources.
- Measuring Topic Interpretability with Crowdsourcing - Nov 30, 2016.
Topic modelling is an important statistical modelling technique to discover abstract topics in collection of documents. This article talks about a new measure for assessing the semantic properties of statistical topics and how to use it.
- 10 Data Acquisition Strategies for Startups - Jun 14, 2016.
An interesting discussion of the myriad methods in which startups may choose to acquire data, often the most overlooked and important aspect of a startup's success (or failure).
Pages: 1 2
- CrowdSignals.io, Building Big Mobile Social Sensor dataset - Mar 25, 2016.
CrowdSignals.io a crowdfunding campaign to generate the largest mobile and sensor dataset available to the Data Science community for use in research and product development.
- Public Knowledge Graph – small guys unite - Jan 21, 2016.
Currently, only global corporations like Google or Facebook can maintain a vast knowledge graph about the world. Little companies which rely on knowing world context need to unite to create a Public Knowledge Graph, or they will fall further behind the big guys.
- Big Data is Crowdledge, not 3V - Dec 2, 2015.
Crowdledge is defined as the knowledge that [weakly] emerges – and is, therefore, unexpected – from Big Data analysis of individuals’ digital footprints spontaneously left in the digital universe. It represents big data in better terms than 3Vs.
- Exclusive Interview: Big Data and Data Science at UN - Sep 16, 2015.
We interview the UN Chief Information Technology Officer about how Big Data and Data Science can help solve world's problem. Check Unite Ideas crowdsourcing platform for data analytics challenges where you can help.
- Curated, Cleansed Datasets can Make A World of Difference - Sep 9, 2015.
dataX from CrowdAnalytix is a new open data sharing platform, with curated, cleansed datasets prepared as a result from 90+ projects executed for leading global enterprises.
- Disruptive Innovation and Competitive Intelligence - Jul 22, 2015.
Disruptive innovation paradigm enables us to understand the rising competition in businesses. Here, we will show how this can be helpful to Competitive Intelligence and challenges ahead of it.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n11, Apr 15: Big Data Predictive Analytics Gainers & Losers; Awesome Public Datasets - Apr 15, 2015.
Awesome Public Datasets on GitHub; Gold Mine or Blind Alley? Functional Programming for Machine Learning; Inside Deep Learning - Convolutional networks; KDnuggets Free Pass to Strata Hadoop World London.
- Algorithmia – How Marketplaces are Fostering Innovation? - Apr 9, 2015.
We have a marketplace for almost everything – mobile apps, cabs, hotels, and what not. But, not for algorithms. Algorithmia takes up that challenge.
- Interview: Ravi Iyer, Ranker on Dealing with Inherent Bias in Crowdsourcing Data - Apr 8, 2015.
We discuss the challenges of analyzing crowdsourcing data, tools and technologies, competitive landscape, advice, trends, and more.
Pages: 1 2
- Interview: Ravi Iyer, Ranker on Why Crowdsourcing Needs Data Science - Apr 7, 2015.
We discuss the dynamics of Ranker crowdsourcing platform, key factors for effectiveness, role of data science in crowdsourcing, and more.
- NUIGalway: Paid Internship – Crowdsourcing and Data Management - Jan 27, 2015.
Insight Centre at National University Ireland, Galway is seeking an intern student with a background in computer science.
- DrivenData: Data Science Competitions for Social Good - Nov 4, 2014.
DrivenData plans to bring cutting-edge practices in data science and crowdsourcing to some of the world's biggest social challenges and the organizations taking them on.
- Request: Crowdsourcing Health and Nutrition Tweets - Oct 20, 2014.
Help investigate the relationships between geo-location, age, gender, and nutrition through the medium of Twitter by labeling tweets for this research project.
- Big Data and Humanitarian Efforts - Oct 3, 2014.
Discover ways that big data is impacting and improving humanitarianism, including ways it crowdsources accounts of events and disaster relief in the Philippines.
- Exclusive Interview: David Stringfellow, Chief Economist, State Utah Auditor - Apr 25, 2014.
We discuss Analytics for Public Policy decisions, responsibilities of Utah Chief Data Officer, crowdsourcing analytics for resolving Government problems and most important skills for data science practitioners.
- SciCast Crowdsourcing search for Malaysian Air Flight MH370 - Mar 15, 2014.
Where will the Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 be found and what happened to it? Scientific crowdsourcing site SciCast has some predictions.