- 9 Developing Data Science & Analytics Job Trends - Sep 7, 2020.
With so much disruption in 2020 already, a recent report by Burtch Works looks ahead to next year and beyond, and shares insights about how today's hiring market trends may impact our work lives for years to come.
- Predictive Analytics in 2018: Salaries & Industry Shifts - Nov 19, 2018.
Highlights from Burtch Works Study: Salaries of Predictive Analytics Professionals include: salaries remain steady, which industries pay the most, and which industries are attracting more analytics professionals.
- 9 Must-have skills you need to become a Data Scientist, updated - May 17, 2018.
Check out this collection of 9 (plus some additional freebies) must-have skills for becoming a data scientist.
- 2018 Predictions for the Analytics & Data Science Hiring Market - Feb 6, 2018.
What do you think of this year’s predictions? Do you see any new tools on the horizon, or do you believe data science popularity is due for a reckoning of sorts?
- 4 Major Trends Influencing the 2017 Predictive Analytics Hiring Market - Oct 17, 2017.
We examine the implications of trends in hiring market, including the growth of quantitative Initiatives, blurring of the lines between Predictive Analytics and Data Science Professionals, and more .
- 3 Key Trends Shaping the 2017 Data Science Hiring Market - Jun 23, 2017.
Interesting finding include: salaries for early career data scientists decrease for the first time in four years, percent of early career data scientists with a PhD drops - read more for details.
- Career Advice for Analytics & Data Science Professionals - Feb 13, 2017.
In our experience working with many quantitative professionals over the years, the two main areas that contribute to long-term career growth are networking and continuous learning. Here is specific advice on how to do this and tips for Continuous Learning.
- The Coronation of Predictive Analytics: A Four-Year Retrospective - Oct 6, 2016.
The highlights from The Burtch Works Study: Salaries of Predictive Analytics Professionals 2016, which examines updated compensation and demographic data on over 1,200 analytics professionals across the US.
- SAS vs R vs Python: Which Tool Do Analytics Pros Prefer? - Jul 22, 2016.
There are lots of flame wars involving different data science and analytics tools... but this isn't one of them. Check out the quantitative results and analysis of a Burtch Works survey on the subject.
- 4 Major Trends Disrupting the Data Science Market - Jul 15, 2016.
An interesting excerpt from Burtch Works' recently published Burtch Works Study: Salaries of Data Scientists 2016, focusing on trends disrupting the data science market.
- The Data Science Market: 2016 Compensation Insights - May 23, 2016.
Burtch Works shares the annual update to their highly regarded data science salary report series. This year's report details the compensation and demographic data on 374 data scientists.
- Resume Tips for Early Career Analytics Professionals - May 16, 2016.
Trying to put together your first resume or two after graduation can be tricky. Without a lot of relevant work experience to highlight, sometimes none at all, graduates often wonder how they can adequately impress hiring managers with their analytics capabilities.
- How Much do Analytics Salaries Increase when Changing Jobs? - May 4, 2016.
A data-informed analysis of analytics career salaries and their increase when changing jobs.
- Analytics Hiring Strong, Staying In One Job Is Weak - Mar 21, 2016.
With more companies jumping on the data-driven bandwagon, companies have been creating new roles and new data science and analytics teams. It is right time to make your move and land up in your dream job.
- 2015 Updated Analytics Compensation and Demographics - Oct 21, 2015.
Burtch Works Study recently released updated salaries and demographic information on 1,757 Predictive Analytics Professionals (PAPs) across the US which include the work experience, residency, education and etc.
- How Long Should You Stay at Your Analytics Job? - Aug 7, 2015.
Considering the huge demand for the data scientists many are pondering to switch for a better profile and salary. But, there some things to be pondered about like what should be the interval between two switches, acquiring new skills and your loyalty.
- 10 Key Tips for Entry-Level Analytics Professionals - Jul 4, 2015.
With so many companies hunting down the data scientist. There are few things which aspirants can do to increase their chances of being getting selected into the best ones.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Apr 28 and beyond - Apr 27, 2015.
Solving Big Data Challenges, Implementing a Better Search Experience, Data Scientists Compensation, Maximizing ROI, Identifying Customers Across Platforms, The Fast Data Challenge with Michael Stonebraker, and more.
- How Many Quants are Changing Jobs? - Feb 6, 2015.
Being a quantitative recruiter, I have had a unique perspective on the current climate and how often are Quants changing jobs? What does this mean if you’re a Quant? What does this mean if you’re trying to hire a Quant?
- Predictions: 2015 Analytics and Data Science Hiring Market - Jan 13, 2015.
Thanks to Big Data, analytics have become inescapable. Forget the C-Suite if you’re not a Data Geek, recruiting for startups gets harder, analytics salary bands get a lift, and more 2015 predictions.
- 9 Must-Have Skills You Need to Become a Data Scientist - Nov 22, 2014.
Burtch Works details the top 9 data science skills that potential data scientists must have to be competitive in this growing marketplace from the perspective of a recruiter.
- To Hire Quants, Fix Your Hiring Process - Nov 7, 2014.
Hiring talented quants requires an up-to-date hiring process including components like competitive salaries, special bonuses, expedient timelines, and that extra special touch to make your company stand out to quality candidates.
- Data is not a fad - Aug 14, 2014.
Learn why Big Data drives the need for companies to adopt data leadership and why Chief Data Officers are likely to join the C-suite in large organizations.
- Elusive Data Scientists Driving High Salaries - Apr 21, 2014.
Recent study tracks experience, salary, industry and location of Data scientists, finds they are earning base salaries over $200K. Download free report.