- AI, Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Deep Learning Research Main Developments in 2020 and Key Trends for 2021 - Dec 3, 2020.
2020 is finally coming to a close. While likely not to register as anyone's favorite year, 2020 did have some noteworthy advancements in our field, and 2021 promises some important key trends to look forward to. As has become a year-end tradition, our collection of experts have once again contributed their thoughts. Read on to find out more.
- AI, Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Deep Learning Research Main Developments in 2019 and Key Trends for 2020 - Dec 9, 2019.
As we say goodbye to one year and look forward to another, KDnuggets has once again solicited opinions from numerous research & technology experts as to the most important developments of 2019 and their 2020 key trend predictions.
- Machine Learning & AI Main Developments in 2018 and Key Trends for 2019 - Dec 11, 2018.
As we bid farewell to one year and look to ring in another, KDnuggets has solicited opinions from numerous Machine Learning and AI experts as to the most important developments of 2018 and their 2019 key trend predictions.
- How Not to Regulate the Data Economy - May 24, 2018.
The GDPR will affect not just tech companies but any company that handles customer data — in other words, every company. And it will affect the use of data throughout the world, not just in Europe...
- 12 Useful Things to Know About Machine Learning - Apr 12, 2018.
This is a summary of 12 key lessons that machine learning researchers and practitioners have learned include pitfalls to avoid, important issues to focus on and answers to common questions.
Pages: 1 2
- Will GDPR Make Machine Learning Illegal? - Mar 14, 2018.
Does GDPR require Machine Learning algorithms to explain their output? Probably not, but experts disagree and there is enough ambiguity to keep lawyers busy.
- Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence: Main Developments in 2017 and Key Trends in 2018 - Dec 15, 2017.
As we bid farewell to one year and look to ring in another, KDnuggets has solicited opinions from numerous Machine Learning and AI experts as to the most important developments of 2017 and their 2018 key trend predictions.
- Ten Myths About Machine Learning, by Pedro Domingos - Jan 3, 2017.
Myths on artificial intelligence and machine learning abound. Noted expert Pedro Domingos identifies and refutes a number of these myths, of both the pessimistic and optimistic variety.
- Is “Artificial Intelligence” Dead? Long Live Deep Learning?!? - Aug 26, 2016.
Has Deep Learning become synonymous with Artificial Intelligence? Read a discussion on the topic fuelled by the opinions of 7 participating experts, and gain some additional insight into the future of research and technology.
Pages: 1 2
- Why You Should Attend the Data Science Summit 2016 and 9 Talks To Be Excited About - Jul 9, 2016.
Here is a preview of the Data Science Summit, July 12-13 in San Francisco, where you can meet quality people hear exciting talks like 9 described here. Get get 20% with the code SFDATASCIENCE.
- Data Science Summit, July 12-13, San Francisco – KDnuggets offer - Jun 14, 2016.
The Data Science Summit is packed with industry experts, authors, researchers and business leaders delivering concrete examples of data science and machine learning in action. Use kdnuggets15 to save.
- Research Leaders on Data Mining, Data Science and Big Data key advances, top trends - Jan 18, 2016.
Research Leaders in Data Science and Big Data reflect on the most important research advances in 2015 and the key trends expected to dominate throughout 2016.
Pages: 1 2
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Nov 23-29: One Artificial Neuron Taught to Recognize 100s of Patterns; 5 projects to learn Data Science - Nov 30, 2015.
Also 5 projects to learn #DataScience; 5 Tribes of #MachineLearning & Master #Algorithm; DataMining photos document 100 years of #smiles.
- 5 Tribes of Machine Learning – Questions and Answers - Nov 27, 2015.
Leading researcher Pedro Domingos answers questions on 5 tribes of Machine Learning, Master Algorithm, No Free Lunch Theorem, Unsupervised Learning, Ensemble methods, 360-degree recommender, and more.
- 5 Tribes of Machine Learning: Nov 24 ACM Webinar with Pedro Domingos, moderated by Gregory Piatetsky - Nov 10, 2015.
Prof. Pedro Domingos, a leading AI/Machine Learning researcher will talk about 5 main schools in machine learning, each with its own master algorithm, a possible universal Master Algorithm, and implications for society. KDnuggets Editor Gregory Piatetsky will moderate.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Oct 13-19: R vs Python: head to head; Machine Learning for Developers tutorial - Oct 20, 2015.
Machine Learning for Developers - very nice tutorial; R vs #Python: head to head #Data Analytics; Data Science Skills and the Improbable Unicorn Data Scientist; How Tesla AutoPilot learns.
- KDnuggets™ News 15:n31, Sep 30: Math for Data Science; How to Learn Machine Learning; The Master Algorithm - Sep 30, 2015.
15 Mathematics MOOCs for Data Science; Are you trying to acquire Machine Learning Skills?; Top 10 Quora Machine Learning Writers and Their Best Advice; The Master Algorithm - new book by top ML researcher.
- The Master Algorithm – new book by top Machine Learning researcher Pedro Domingos - Sep 25, 2015.
Wonderfully erudite, humorous, and easy to read, the Master Algorithm by top Machine Learning researcher Pedro Domingos takes you on a journey to visit the 5 tribes of Machine Learning experts and helps you understand what the Master Algorithm can be.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Sep 15-21: Top Machine Learning researcher Pedro Domingos new book: The Master Algorithm - Sep 23, 2015.
Top Machine Learning researcher Pedro Domingos new book: The Master #Algorithm; #Dilbert brilliant take on Character; SentimentBuilder - Free Online Natural #Language Processing Tool.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Jul 14-20: The Master #Algorithm: Quest for the Ultimate #Learning #Machine; Most Influential Data Scientists - Jul 21, 2015.
The Master #Algorithm: Quest for the Ultimate #Learning #Machine; Most Influential Data Scientists; 50+ #DataScience and #MachineLearning #CheatSheets; ;R remains primary #Analytics language, but #Python grows faster.
- Top stories in August: Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science - Sep 4, 2014.
Also Deep Learning resources; Sibyl - Google system for Large Scale Machine Learning; Exclusive: Dell Management on Analytics.
- KDD-2014 – The Biggest, Best, and Booming Data Science Meeting - Aug 28, 2014.
KDD-2014 was the largest (with over 2300 people) and the best Data Science meeting, highlighting the huge progress of Data Science made with Big Data, and its even more amazing potential.
- Top stories for Aug 17-23: Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science - Aug 24, 2014.
Four main languages for Analytics, Data Mining, Data Science; Sibyl: Google system for Large Scale Machine Learning; Top Research Leaders in Data Mining; Interview: Pedro Domingos: the Master Algorithm, new type of Deep Learning.
- KDD-2014 Awards Winners - Aug 22, 2014.
KDD-2014, the leading and the largest conference in data mining, data science, and knowledge discovery, recognizes the key researchers and contributors through several awards - read about the winners.
- KDnuggets 14:n22, 4 main analytics languages; Top research leaders in Data Mining; Pedro Domingos - Aug 20, 2014.
KDnuggets Analytics, Big Data, Data mining, and Data Science stories, including Features, News, Opinions, Interviews, Webcasts, Courses, Meetings, Jobs, Publications, and Top Tweets.
- Interview: Pedro Domingos: the Master Algorithm, new type of Deep Learning, great advice for young researchers - Aug 19, 2014.
Top researcher Pedro Domingos on useful maxims for Data Mining, Machine Learning as the Master Algorithm, new type of Deep Learning called sum-product networks, Big Data and startups, and great advice to young researchers.
- Interview: Pedro Domingos, Winner of KDD 2014 Data Mining/Data Science Innovation Award - Aug 15, 2014.
We discuss the differences between Machine Learning, Data Mining, and Statistics; the importance of cost-sensitive classification; social network mining and identifying influencers; mining data streams, and more.
- Top stories in July: Cartoon: Facebook data science experiment and Cats; Data Mining/Data Science “Nobel Prize” - Aug 5, 2014.
Cartoon: Facebook data science experiment and Happy Cats; Data Mining/Data Science "Nobel Prize": ACM SIGKDD 2014 Innovation Award to Pedro Domingos; Is "Data Scientist" more than "Data Analyst"?; When Watson Meets Machine Learning.
- Top stories for Jul 6-12 - Jul 13, 2014.
Cartoon: Facebook data science experiment and Happy Cats; Data Mining/Data Science "Nobel Prize": ACM SIGKDD 2014 Innovation Award to Pedro Domingos; How Xbox, Big Data & Statistical Analysis Can Measure Public Opinion.
- Data Mining/Data Science “Nobel Prize”: ACM SIGKDD 2014 Innovation Award to Pedro Domingos - Jul 10, 2014.
KDD 2014 Innovation Award, the highest award for technical excellence in the field of Data Mining and Data Science, was awarded to Prof. Pedro Domingos for his foundational research in data stream analysis, cost-sensitive classification, adversarial learning, and Markov logic networks.