- Facebook Open Sourced New Frameworks to Advance Deep Learning Research - Nov 17, 2020.
Polygames, PyTorch3D and HiPlot are the new additions to Facebook’s open source deep learning stack.
- Doing the impossible? Machine learning with less than one example - Nov 9, 2020.
Machine learning algorithms are notoriously known for needing data, a lot of data -- the more data the better. But, much research has gone into developing new methods that need fewer examples to train a model, such as "few-shot" or "one-shot" learning that require only a handful or a few as one example for effective learning. Now, this lower boundary on training examples is being taken to the next extreme.
- 5 Must-Read Data Science Papers (and How to Use Them) - Oct 20, 2020.
Keeping ahead of the latest developments in a field is key to advancing your skills and your career. Five foundational ideas from recent data science papers are highlighted here with tips on how to leverage these advancements in your work, and keep you on top of the machine learning game.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n39, Oct 14: A step-by-step guide for creating an authentic data science portfolio project; Strategies of Docker Images Optimization - Oct 14, 2020.
Learn how to create inspiring Data Science portfolio projects; How to optimize Docker images; How LinkedIn Uses Machine Learning in its Recruiter Recommendation Systems; Understand the Algorithms of Social Manipulation; and read the annotated Machine Learning research papers.
- SIAM launches activity group, publications for data scientists - Oct 13, 2020.
Data science community at SIAM continues to grow with a new journal, book series, and activity group.
- Annotated Machine Learning Research Papers - Oct 9, 2020.
Check out this collection of annotated machine learning research papers, and no longer fear their reading.
- Getting Started in AI Research - Oct 5, 2020.
A guide on how to contribute to confirming the reproducibility of some of the most recent papers and join open-search research.
- KDD 2020 Celebrates Recipients of the SIGKDD Best Paper Awards - Sep 24, 2020.
Top Data Scientists Honored for Advanced Research and Applied Data Science in the Field of Knowledge Discovery in Data and Data Mining.
- AI Papers to Read in 2020 - Sep 10, 2020.
Reading suggestions to keep you up-to-date with the latest and classic breakthroughs in AI and Data Science.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n33, Aug 26: If I had to start learning Data Science again, how would I do it? Must-read NLP and Deep Learning articles for Data Scientists - Aug 26, 2020.
If I had to start learning Data Science again, how would I do it? Must-read NLP and Deep Learning articles for Data Scientists; These Data Science Skills will be your Superpower; Accelerated Natural Language Processing: A Free Amazon Machine Learning University Course.
- Must-read NLP and Deep Learning articles for Data Scientists - Aug 21, 2020.
NLP and deep learning continue to advance, nearly on a daily basis. Check out these recent must-read guides, feature articles, and other resources to keep you on top of the latest advancements and ahead of the curve.
- KDD-2020 (virtual), the leading conference on Data Science and Knowledge Discovery, Aug 23-27 – register now - Aug 18, 2020.
Using an interactive VR platform, KDD-2020 brings you the latest research in AI, Data Science, Deep Learning, and Machine Learning with tutorials to improve your skills, keynotes from top experts, workshops on state-of-the-art topics and over 200 research presentations.
- HOSTKEY GPU Grant Program - Aug 10, 2020.
The HOSTKEY GPU Grant Program is open to specialists and professionals in the Data Science sector performing research or other projects centered on innovative uses of GPU processing and which will glean practical results in the field of Data Science, with the objective of supporting basic scientific research and prospective startups.
- Is depth useful for self-attention? - Jul 27, 2020.
Learn about recent research that is the first to explain a surprising phenomenon where in BERT/Transformer-like architectures, deepening the network does not seem to be better than widening (or, increasing the representation dimension). This empirical observation is in contrast to a fundamental premise in deep learning.
- 5 Essential Papers on Sentiment Analysis - Jun 9, 2020.
To highlight some of the work being done in the field, here are five essential papers on sentiment analysis and sentiment classification.
- 5 Essential Papers on AI Training Data - Jun 4, 2020.
Data pre-processing is not only the largest time sink for most Data Scientists, but it is also the most crucial aspect of the work. Learn more about training data and data processing tasks from 5 leading academic papers.
- KDD-2020 – Virtual Only Conference, Aug 23-27 - May 29, 2020.
After much consideration, the General Chairs, Executive Committee and Organizing Committee for KDD 2020 have decided to take the conference fully virtual. Clear your calendar for August 23-27, 2020, and enjoy access to all the virtual content live and on demand the week of the event.
- 13 must-read papers from AI experts - May 20, 2020.
What research articles do top AI experts in the field recommend? Find out which ones and why, then be sure to add each to your reading to do list.
- 5 Papers on CNNs Every Data Scientist Should Read - Apr 20, 2020.
In this article, we introduce 5 papers on CNNs that represent both novel approaches and baselines in the field.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n15, Apr 15: How to Do Hyperparameter Tuning on Any Python Script; 10 Must-read Machine Learning Articles - Apr 15, 2020.
Learn how to do hyperparameter tuning on python ML scripts; Read 10 must-read Machine Learning Articles; Understand the process for Data Science project review; see how data science is used to understand COVID-19; and stay safe and healthy!
- Microsoft Research Uses Transfer Learning to Train Real-World Autonomous Drones - Mar 31, 2020.
The new research uses policies learned in simulations in real world drone environments.
- Made With ML: Discover, build, and showcase machine learning projects - Mar 23, 2020.
This is a short introduction to Made With ML, a useful resource for machine learning engineers looking to get ideas for projects to build, and for those looking to share innovative portfolio projects once built.
- KDnuggets™ News 20:n05, Feb 5: How to land a Data Scientist job at your dream company; 12-Hour Machine Learning Challenge - Feb 5, 2020.
Read how one very persistent data scientist got a job at her dream company; Learn how to complete a 12 hour ML challenge; Top 10 AI, Machine Learning research papers; How to optimize your Jupyter notebook; and PyTorch FTW.
- NLP Year in Review — 2019 - Jan 23, 2020.
In this blog post, I want to highlight some of the most important stories related to machine learning and NLP that I came across in 2019.
- Top 10 Technology Trends for 2020 - Jan 16, 2020.
With integrations of multiple emerging technologies just in the past year, AI development continues at a fast pace. Following the blueprint of science and technology advancements in 2019, we predict 10 trends we expect to see in 2020 and beyond.
- Disentangling disentanglement: Ideas from NeurIPS 2019 - Jan 15, 2020.
This year’s NEURIPS-2019 Vancouver conference recently concluded and featured a dozen papers on disentanglement in deep learning. What is this idea and why is it so interesting in machine learning? This summary of these papers will give you initial insight in disentanglement as well as ideas on what you can explore next.
- Towards a Quantitative Measure of Intelligence: Breaking Down One of the Most Important AI Papers of 2019, Part II - Dec 31, 2019.
AI scientist Francois Chollet proposes a better framework for measuring the intelligence of AI systems.
- Towards a Quantitative Measure of Intelligence: Breaking Down One of the Most Important AI Papers of 2019, Part I - Dec 30, 2019.
AI scientist Francois Chollet proposes a better framework for measuring the intelligence of AI systems.
- KDD 2020 Call for Research, Applied Data Science Papers - Dec 12, 2019.
ACM SIGKDD Invites Industry and Academic Experts to Submit Advancements in Data Mining, Knowledge Discovery and Machine Learning for 26th Annual Conference in San Diego.
- NeurIPS 2019 Outstanding Paper Awards - Dec 11, 2019.
NeurIPS 2019 is underway in Vancouver, and the committee has just recently announced this year's Outstanding Paper Awards. Find out what the selections were, along with some additional info on NeurIPS papers, here.
- AI, Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Deep Learning Research Main Developments in 2019 and Key Trends for 2020 - Dec 9, 2019.
As we say goodbye to one year and look forward to another, KDnuggets has once again solicited opinions from numerous research & technology experts as to the most important developments of 2019 and their 2020 key trend predictions.
- Research Guide for Depth Estimation with Deep Learning - Nov 12, 2019.
In this guide, we’ll look at papers aimed at solving the problems of depth estimation using deep learning.
- Research Guide: Advanced Loss Functions for Machine Learning Models - Nov 6, 2019.
This guide explores research centered on a variety of advanced loss functions for machine learning models.
- Research Guide for Transformers - Oct 30, 2019.
The problem with RNNs and CNNs is that they aren’t able to keep up with context and content when sentences are too long. This limitation has been solved by paying attention to the word that is currently being operated on. This guide will focus on how this problem can be addressed by Transformers with the help of deep learning.
- 12 Deep Learning Researchers and Leaders - Sep 23, 2019.
Our list of deep learning researchers and industry leaders are the people you should follow to stay current with this wildly expanding field in AI. From early practitioners and established academics to entrepreneurs and today’s top corporate influencers, this diverse group of individuals is leading the way into tomorrow’s deep learning landscape.
- Advice on building a machine learning career and reading research papers by Prof. Andrew Ng - Sep 5, 2019.
This blog summarizes the career advice/reading research papers lecture in the CS230 Deep learning course by Stanford University on YouTube, and includes advice from Andrew Ng on how to read research papers.
- Gender Diversity in AI Research - Aug 21, 2019.
Through an analysis of 1.5M papers from arXiv, this study reviews the evolution of gender diversity across disciplines, countries, and institutions as well as the semantic differences between AI papers with and without female co-authors.
- Introducing the Plato Research Dialogue System: Building Conversational Applications at Uber’s Scale - Aug 15, 2019.
While the process of building simple, domain-specific chatbots has gotten way easier, building large scale, multi-agent conversational applications remains a massive challenge. Recently, the Uber engineering team open sourced the Plato Research Dialogue System, which is the framework powering conversational agents across Uber’s different applications.
- 12 NLP Researchers, Practitioners & Innovators You Should Be Following - Aug 12, 2019.
Check out this list of NLP researchers, practitioners and innovators you should be following, including academics, practitioners, developers, entrepreneurs, and more.
- Monash University: Research Fellow – Computer Vision [Melbourne, Australia] - Aug 9, 2019.
The position requires a passion for research, a proven research track record in computer vision, an ability to work independently as well as lead a team, and a willingness to work on inter-disciplinary research projects and seek external funding. The successful candidate will align with the group goal on building a world-class computer vision team.
- High-Quality AI And Machine Learning Data Labeling At Scale: A Brief Research Report - Jul 25, 2019.
Analyst firm Cognilytica estimates that as much as 80% of machine learning project time is spent on aggregating, cleaning, labeling, and augmenting machine learning model data. So, how do innovative machine learning teams prepare data in such a way that they can trust its quality, cost of preparation, and the speed with which it’s delivered?
- Wake Forest University: Data Scientist, Institutional Research [Winston Salem, NC] - Jul 11, 2019.
Seeking a Data Scientist to play a key role in the discovery of knowledge and insights through quantitative and qualitative research for the success of Wake Forest University (WFU).
- Monash University: Research Fellow or Sr Research Fellow in Information Technology [Suzhou, China] - Jun 26, 2019.
Seeking an individual passionate about undertaking research in an area of Information Technology (IT), being one of Software Engineering and Cybersecurity, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence, or Human-Centred Computing, as well as multidisciplinary research through the application of IT to problems, and to be responsible for conducting research in this area of IT.
- Monash University: (Senior) Research Fellow in AI [Suzhou, China] - Jun 26, 2019.
Seeking an individual passionate about undertaking research in an area of Artificial Intelligence (AI), as well as multidisciplinary research through the application of AI to problems, and to be responsible for conducting research in areas of AI.
- Monash University: Academic Opportunities in Dialogue Research [Melbourne, Australia] - Jun 18, 2019.
Seeking outstanding academics who want to join this world-class team to deliver the highest quality teaching and research that will shape the future of AI for conversational assistants, human-robot interaction, customer service, and many other application domains.
- Monash University: Research Fellow Opportunities in Dialogue Research [Melbourne, Australia] - Jun 18, 2019.
Multiple Research Fellow Openings in LDR are available at a Level A and Level B Research Fellow (equivalent to Assistant Professor in North America), with a preference for expertise in the area of natural language processing (semantic parsing, generation), dialogue, planning, plan recognition, and automated reasoning.
- Monash University: Research Fellow – Optimisation [Melbourne, Australia] - May 17, 2019.
Seeking an enthusiastic researcher with solid skills in any of the following areas: constraint programming, mixed integer programming, SAT and SAT modulo theories, modelling languages and program analysis, to join an established team working on new approaches to modelling and solving discrete optimisation problems.
- Brookhaven National Laboratory: Postdoc in Materials Informatics [Upton, NY] - May 14, 2019.
Seeking candidates to develop and apply information retrieval, information extraction, and various Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques to the scientific literature in materials science and crystallography for the purpose of building prototype computational data systems.
- Apply for a Mozilla Fellowship - Mar 13, 2019.
During their 10-month tenure, Mozilla fellows design products, run campaigns, and influence policy around the theme of “better machine decision making.” Fellows receive competitive funding + benefits, and a travel stipend. Apply by April 8.
- Monash: Research Fellow [Clayton, Australia] - Mar 9, 2019.
The Data Science and AI group is seeking a go-getter Research Fellow to work at the interface of computer science, machine learning and medical research. Apply by April 4, 2019.
- Newcastle University: 5-year Tenure-track Research Fellowship in Data Science for Health Care and Wellbeing [Newcastle, UK] - Feb 25, 2019.
Join Newcastle's Data Science group to address the challenges of data-driven, personalised, preventive healthcare ('Big Health Data') with this prestigious 5-year Research fellowship, part-funded by the Alan Turing Institute, the UK's National Institute for Data Science and Artificial Intelligence.
- University of Zurich: Post-doc or Senior Research Assistant [Zurich, Switzerland] - Feb 6, 2019.
The University of Zurich is seeking a Post-Doc or Senior Researcher in Zurich Switzerland, to conduct research and co-supervise students in areas such as Data Mining, human-oriented data mining, Interactive Data Mining, Linked Data, HCI, big data (among others).
- KDD 2019 Call for Research, Applied Data Science Papers - Jan 21, 2019.
KDD-2019 invites submission of papers describing innovative research on all aspects of data science, and of applied papers describing designs and implementations for practical tasks in data science. Submissions due Feb 3.
- TU Dortmund: Research Assistant [Dortmund, Germany] - Jan 14, 2019.
TU Dortmund is seeking a Research Assistant in Dortmund, Germany, to research and publish in one of the key areas of: Machine Learning and Constrained Resources; Interactive Modeling; Curating and certification of very large data; Participation in transfer into business applications.
- A Non-Compromising Approach to Privacy-Preserving Personalized Services - Jan 8, 2019.
Could one even achieve both high privacy and high utility? Yes, and we explain how.
- Papers with Code: A Fantastic GitHub Resource for Machine Learning - Dec 31, 2018.
Looking for papers with code? If so, this GitHub repository, a clearinghouse for research papers and their corresponding implementation code, is definitely worth checking out.
- Miami University: Assistant Provost for Institutional Research and Effectiveness [Oxford, OH] - Dec 26, 2018.
The Assistant Provost will integrate critical functions in institutional research and assessment to meet changing needs in dynamic regional and national higher education markets.
- Why Primary Research? - Dec 4, 2018.
Primary studies have always been a strength of marketing research. Many younger marketing researchers, however, have only been exposed to standardized ready-made research products or big data. This is a concern. What is the point of the word research in marketing research?
- Monash University: Research Fellow (Bioinformatics) [Melbourne, Australia] - Dec 3, 2018.
Monash University is seeking a Research Fellow (Bioinformatics) in Melbourne, Australia. You will be involved in planning experiments, the final analysis and visualisation of results as well as analysing data from multiple technology platforms.
- Bringing Machine Learning Research to Product Commercialization - Nov 27, 2018.
In this blog post I want to share some of the insights into the differences between academia and industry when applying deep learning to real-world problems as we experienced them at Merantix over the last two years.
- Monash University: Research Fellow (Digital Civics) [Melbourne, Australia] - Nov 22, 2018.
Collaborate with both doctoral students and academics in the planning and execution of the program of action research into how digital technologies can facilitate access to employment and information law.
- Monash University: Research Fellow – AI Optimisation Group (Melbourne, Australia) - Aug 16, 2018.
Seeking an enthusiastic researcher with solid skills in any of the following areas: constraint programming, mixed integer programming, SAT and SAT modulo theories, modelling languages and program analysis.
- Syracuse University: Information Studies – Open-Rank Tenure-Track Faculty (Four Positions) (Syracuse, NY) - Aug 16, 2018.
Seeking scholars and leaders to fill four open-rank tenure-track faculty positions to start in Fall 2019. Successful candidates will have a productive program of research in an information-related field.
- Affordable online news archives for academic research - Aug 10, 2018.
Many researchers need access to multi-year historical repositories of online news articles. We identified three companies that make such access affordable, and spoke with their CEOs.
- Announcing Microsoft Research Open Data, a cloud hosted platform for sharing datasets - Jun 28, 2018.
Microsoft announces Microsoft Research Open Data, datasets representing many years of data curation and research efforts by Microsoft that were published as research outcomes.
- Monash University: Research Fellow – AI Optimisation Group - Jun 28, 2018.
Seeking an enthusiastic researcher with solid skills in any of the following areas: constraint programming, mixed integer programming, SAT and SAT modulo theories, modelling languages and program analysis, to work on new approaches to modelling and solving discrete optimisation problems.
- University of Applied Sciences of Western Switzerland: Sr Research Data Scientist (Medical Scheduling) - Jun 1, 2018.
Seeking a senior research data scientist to participate in the "Optimizing Operating Rooms and Care Services using Deep Reinforcement Learning" project.
- University of Applied Sciences of Western Switzerland: Sr Research Data Scientist (Fraud Detection) - Jun 1, 2018.
Seeking a senior research data scientist to participate to the AFFUT (Advanced Analytics for Fraud Detection) project.
- How to Make AI More Accessible - Apr 30, 2018.
I recently was a guest speaker at the Stanford AI Salon on the topic of accessiblity in AI, which included a free-ranging discussion among assembled members of the Stanford AI Lab. There were a number of interesting questions and topics, so I thought I would share a few of my answers here.
- University of Technology Sydney: PhD Research Studentships - Feb 22, 2018.
Seeking fully funded PhD research studentship candidates to work on a number of exciting projects, and gain a diverse experience of both academic and commercial environments for which the AAi is very well known.
- KDD 2018 Call for Research, Applied Data Science Papers - Jan 27, 2018.
KDD-2018 invites submission of papers describing innovative research on all aspects of data science, and of applied papers describing designs and implementations for practical tasks in data science. Submissions due Feb 11.
- Bio-acoustic Structure, a NIMBioS Investigative Workshop, needs Data Scientists – Call for Applications - Jan 26, 2018.
This workshop will bring together experts in bio-acoustics with mathematicians and computer scientists with expertise in classification, clustering, and information theory to develop a unified approach. Apply by March 5.
- Some Musings on Capsule Networks and DLPaper2Code - Dec 6, 2017.
Only the Godfather of Deep Learning did it again and came up with something brilliant — adding layers inside existing layers instead of adding more layers i.e nested layers.... giving rise to the Capsule Networks!
- Analyzing the Migration of Scientific Researchers - Nov 27, 2017.
This is a visualization of the inter- and intra-continental migration of scientific researchers based on ORCID (Open Researcher and Contributor ID) data. It is best seen as a directional sample of all researchers, and tracks their earliest/latest countries with research activities as well as their PhD countries.
- Are Scientists Doing Too Much Research? - Nov 24, 2017.
At the heart of this reproducibility problem is the statistical inference methods used to validate research findings—specifically the concept of “statistical significance.”
- Stop Doing Fragile Research - Nov 17, 2017.
If you develop methods for data analysis, you might only be conducting gentle tests of your method on idealized data. This leads to “fragile research,” which breaks when released into the wild. Here, I share 3 ways to make your methods robust.
- Some Things to Remember About Memory - Nov 14, 2017.
A lot of the recent buzz about memory is old news.
- The Qualitative Side of Quantitative Research - Nov 9, 2017.
Kevin and Koen may buy the same brand for the same reasons. On the other hand, they may buy the same brand for different reasons, or buy different brands for the same reasons, or even different brands for different reasons. The brands they purchase and the reasons why may vary by occasion, too.
- Monash: Research Fellow – Blockchain - Oct 31, 2017.
Seeking research fellows to work on a project about post-quantum cryptographic algorithms in blockchain. Selected candidates will have a unique opportunity to work closely with an international team of key researchers located in Hong Kong and Shanghai.
- Credible Sources of Accurate Information About AI - Oct 9, 2017.
I want to recommend several credible sources of accurate information. Most of the writing on this list is intended to be accessible to anyone—even if you aren’t a programmer or don’t work in tech.
- Fundamental Breakthrough in 2 Decade Old Algorithm Redefines Big Data Benchmarks - Sep 28, 2017.
Read on to find out how the two-decade-old minwise hashing computational barrier has been overcome with a significantly efficient alternative.
- IEEE ICDM 2017 Call For Award Nominations, due Aug 15 - Jul 20, 2017.
Nominations sought for outstanding research and service contributions in the field of data mining and data science.
- Pros and Pitfalls of Observational Research - May 3, 2017.
Why the connection between beer brand and region? Climate? Tradition? Or simply distribution? Some combination of the three, plus other factors?
- MIT Researcher New Meta-Analysis Method To Help Settle Unresolved Debates - Apr 27, 2017.
MIT Sloan professor builds new meta-analysis method to help settle unresolved debates. New method more accurately estimates basal metabolic rates and other effects only using prior studies.
- Awesome Deep Learning: Most Cited Deep Learning Papers - Apr 21, 2017.
This post introduces a curated list of the most cited deep learning papers (since 2012), provides the inclusion criteria, shares a few entry examples, and points to the full listing for those interested in investigating further.
- High Frequency, new journal on high-frequency data – submit your research - Apr 12, 2017.
Submit your research to HF, the first and only interdisciplinary journal on high-frequency data questions, including HF data assimilation, analysis, and/or methods for decision-making.
- KDnuggets™ News 17:n14, Apr 12: Free Machine Learning & Data Science Books; Top Machine Learning & Deep Learning Papers - Apr 12, 2017.
10 Free Must-Read Books for Machine Learning and Data Science; Top 20 Recent Research Papers on Machine Learning and Deep Learning; New Poll: What data types you analyzed?; The 42 V's of Big Data and Data Science; A Brief History of Artificial Intelligence
- Top 20 Recent Research Papers on Machine Learning and Deep Learning - Apr 6, 2017.
Machine learning and Deep Learning research advances are transforming our technology. Here are the 20 most important (most-cited) scientific papers that have been published since 2014, starting with "Dropout: a simple way to prevent neural networks from overfitting".
- Eindhoven University of Technology: Full Professor Database Technology - Mar 22, 2017.
Seeking a candidate who should be an authority in a core area of Database Technology, and be able to teach courses on all basic topics within the broader field, with a clear and compelling world-class research agenda.
- The HPI Future SOC Lab offers researchers free access to a powerful Big Data infrastructure - Mar 10, 2017.
The HPI Future SOC (Service-Oriented Computing) Lab is a cooperation of the Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI) and industrial partners, providing free access to a powerful Big Data & Computing infrastructure. It is now accepting project proposals for 2017.
- How To Stay Competitive In Machine Learning Business - Jan 4, 2017.
To stay competitive in machine learning business, you have to be superior than your rivals and not the best possible – says one of the leading machine learning expert. Simple rules are defined here to make that happen. Let’s see how.
- KDD 2016: Watch Talks by Top Data Science Researchers - Nov 17, 2016.
Watch the innovative talks and researches from top researchers in Data Science, presented at KDD 2016, San Francisco conference.
- Deep Learning Research Review: Generative Adversarial Nets - Oct 31, 2016.
This edition of Deep Learning Research Review explains recent research papers in the deep learning subfield of Generative Adversarial Networks. Don't have time to read some of the top papers? Get the overview here.
Pages: 1 2
- What is Academic Torrents and Where is Data Sharing Going? - Oct 26, 2016.
Learn more about Academic Torrents, a platform for researchers to share data consisting of a site where users can search for datasets, and a BitTorrent backbone which makes sharing data scalable and fast.
- 9 Bizarre and Surprising Insights from Data Science - Oct 5, 2016.
The petabytes of information currently available to analysts amounts to a boundless playing field of possible truths.
- Call for bids to host KDD-2019, Premier Research Conference on Data Science and Data Mining - Sep 28, 2016.
ACM SIGKDD Executive Committee hereby invites proposals to host the annual KDD Conference in 2019. The conference should take place in August 2019.
- Penn State: Director for the Institute for CyberScience - Jul 28, 2016.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished scholar with the vision and leadership to direct the ICS and its advanced computing resources.
- KDD Cup 2016: measuring the impact of research institutions - Mar 7, 2016.
KDD Cup 2016 competition aims at addressing a long-standing puzzle in academic society: how to rank an academic institution? Develop models to rank academic institutions based on their potential paper acceptance in the upcoming top-tier conferences.
- HPI Future SOC Lab offers researchers free access to a powerful Big Data & Computing infrastructure - Feb 19, 2016.
The HPI Future SOC (Service-Oriented Computing) Lab is a cooperation of the Hasso Plattner Institute (HPI) and industrial partners, providing free access to a powerful Big Data & Computing infrastructure. It is now accepting project proposals.
- Deep Learning and Startups: Notes on Rework Conference, San Francisco - Feb 17, 2016.
The Rework Deep Learning conference came to San Francisco this past January, and showcased both prominent deep learning researchers and startups. Get an overview of the proceedings with notes from an attendee.
Pages: 1 2
- KDnuggets™ News 16:n02, Jan 20: Research Leaders on Key Advances, Top Trends; Top 10 Deep Learning Projects - Jan 20, 2016.
Research Leaders on Data Mining, Data Science and Big Data key advances, top trends; Top 10 Deep Learning Projects on Github; Top 100 Big Data Experts to Follow; Yahoo Releases the Largest-ever Machine Learning Dataset.
- FlyElephant scientific computing platform – new features, promotions, webinars - Jan 19, 2016.
FlyElephant wishes you a Happy New Year. We started this year with an expansion of our platform, new webinars, and the formation of a community around the platform.
- Research Leaders on Data Mining, Data Science and Big Data key advances, top trends - Jan 18, 2016.
Research Leaders in Data Science and Big Data reflect on the most important research advances in 2015 and the key trends expected to dominate throughout 2016.
Pages: 1 2
- Tour of Real-World Machine Learning Problems - Dec 26, 2015.
The tour lists 20 interesting real-world machine learning problems for data science enthusiasts to learn by solving.
- KDD 2016 San Francisco Call For Papers | Workshops | Tutorials | KDD Cup - Dec 5, 2015.
22nd ACM SIGKDD Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining invites submissions for research papers, applied data science papers, proposals for workshops and tutorials, and nominations and ideas for the prestigious KDD CUP contest. See deadlines and details.
- American Family Insurance: Research & Analytics Director - Dec 2, 2015.
Focus on the analytics that support our products, pricing, and claims. Top candidates will have deep technical experience in predictive analytics, machine learning, and main tools.
- MLconf Industry Impact Student Research Award Sponsored by Google - Sep 23, 2015.
The award is for current PhD students or recent graduates whose research is deemed to be useful for solving the problems currently faced in industry. Nominations due Oct 25, 2015.
- arXiv.org and the 24 Hour Research Cycle - Jul 21, 2015.
ArXiv.org gives researchers the ability to instantly publish research, free of peer review and the publication cycle. This capability offers both advantages and pitfalls. We should warily eye the 24-7 news cycle as a cautionary tale for how this could go wrong.
- IEEE ICDM 2015 Call For Research and Service Award Nominations - Jul 17, 2015.
The IEEE ICDM awards recognize influential research contributions to the field of data mining, and major service contributions that have promoted data mining as a field and ICDM as the world premier research conference. Nominations due Aug 15.
- Microsoft Research Faculty Summit #FacSumm, keynotes streamed live July 8-9 - Jul 2, 2015.
Microsoft Research Faculty Summit will be streamed live from Redmond, WA, July 8-9. 2015 event focuses on AI and will feature three keynote speakers and a panel.
- Thomson Reuters: Research Director/Manager, Corporate Research & Development - May 8, 2015.
Lead and mentor a team of researchers in Eagan, MN; define and develop state-of-the-art information-based solutions for professionals around the world. Hands-on position, requires significant expertise in one or more focus areas.
- Interview: Xia Wang, AstraZeneca on Unraveling Patient Treatment Journey by NLP on Clinical Notes - Apr 9, 2015.
We discuss Analytics at AstraZeneca, prominent use cases, how NLP helped understanding patient treatment journey in diabetes, data sources, insights, and more.
- KDD-2017, top conference on Data Mining, Data Science Research coming to Halifax, Canada - Mar 10, 2015.
The 2017 edition of KDD, the leading conference on Knowledge Discovery, Data Mining, and Data Science Research will be held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- UWS (U. of Western Sydney): Manager, eResearch - Feb 19, 2015.
Embed eResearch across the research lifecycle as an essential component of research; enhance, develop, promote and support the eResearch capabilities within UWS. Apply by Mar 4.
- Top stories in January: (Deep Learning Deep Flaws) Deep Flaws; Research Leaders on key trends, papers - Feb 6, 2015.
Research Leaders on Data Science and Big Data key trends, papers; (Deep Learning Deep Flaws) Deep Flaws; Analytics: Five Rules to Cut Through the Hype; 11 Clever Methods of Overfitting and how to avoid them.
- Top stories for Jan 11-17: Research Leaders on Data Mining/Big Data key trends, top papers; Deep Learning in a Nutshell - Jan 18, 2015.
Research Leaders on Data Mining, Data Science, and Big Data key trends, top papers; Deep Learning in a Nutshell - what it is, how it works, why care?; Deep Learning can be easily fooled; Cartoon: Hello, Singularity.
- Interview: Amit Sheth, Kno.e.sis on Deriving Value from Big Data through Smart Data - Jan 14, 2015.
We discuss the definition of Smart Data, how to derive Smart Data from Big Data, maturity assessment for Smart Data pursuit, computing for human experience and Kno.e.sis.
- Big Data accelerates medical research? Or not? - Oct 26, 2014.
Take a look at how big data in healthcare brings big opportunities, but along with those opportunities come great risk if statistics aren't carefully applied to those large datasets.
- UBC: Data Science, Canada Research Chair Tier 1 - Oct 10, 2014.
U. of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, seeks candidates for a Tier 1 Canada Research Chair in Data Science, at a senior tenured associate professor or professor level. Apply by Jan 31, 2015.
- SPOTLIGHT: Can Data Science Save Humanity from Mosquitoes and other Deadly Insects? #2 - Oct 9, 2014.
KDnuggets launches Spotlight initiative to bring attention to academic research. The journey begins with Prof. Eamonn Keogh, UCR and his talented student, Yanping Chen, who are applying data mining to save us all from insect-vectored diseases.
- KDD-2014 Awards Winners - Aug 22, 2014.
KDD-2014, the leading and the largest conference in data mining, data science, and knowledge discovery, recognizes the key researchers and contributors through several awards - read about the winners.
- Interview: Michael Berthold, KNIME Founder, on Research, Creativity, Big Data, and Privacy, Part 2 - Aug 12, 2014.
We discuss interesting research projects, scientific research and creativity, Big Data hype and reality, is privacy still possible, and advice for beginning Data Scientists.
- UW: Research Scientist Positions - Aug 1, 2014.
Do research and hone your engineering skills in an interdisciplinary environment on projects related to mining biological data, health care analytics, mobile networks, or healthcare big data.