- A Brief Introduction to the Concept of Data - Jul 29, 2021.
Every aspiring data scientist must know the concept of data and the kind of analysis they can run. This article introduces the concept of data (quantitative and qualitative) and the types of analysis.
- A startup: Quantitative Modeler [Remote, US] - Jan 18, 2019.
A Startup is seeking a talented and highly motivated Quantitative Modeler for a unique and exciting opportunity with a small team looking to accurately predict the events (team and player level) of future sports competitions.
- The Qualitative Side of Quantitative Research - Nov 9, 2017.
Kevin and Koen may buy the same brand for the same reasons. On the other hand, they may buy the same brand for different reasons, or buy different brands for the same reasons, or even different brands for different reasons. The brands they purchase and the reasons why may vary by occasion, too.
- How To Lie With Numbers - Sep 21, 2017.
It takes less effort to lie without numbers, but there are now more numbers and more ways to lie with them than ever before. Poor Reverend Bayes, who understood the true meaning of "evidence".
- Wells Fargo: Data Scientist Lead – Quantitative Analytics Consultant - Sep 14, 2017.
Seeking an experienced data scientist to join the marketing sciences team who is passionate about data and applying leading edge machine learning technology to solve business problems.
- U. of Virginia: Tenure-track or tenured faculty position in Quantitative Analysis - Aug 29, 2016.
Applicants must have a PhD in Decision Sciences, Data Science, or related areas, ability to teach in MBA and Executive Education formats, and a strong research record.
- Disney Parks & Resorts: Quantitative Analyst (Temporary) - Nov 4, 2015.
Engaged in projects that involve the use of complex models to answer difficult business questions, improve business efficiencies, or guide strategy development.
- Qualitative Analytics: Why numbers do not tell the complete story? - Feb 21, 2014.
Data scientists love numbers, yet not all data is numerical. Qualitative analytics should not be ignored, especially given the unique value it provides.