- The Qualitative Side of Quantitative Research - Nov 9, 2017.
Kevin and Koen may buy the same brand for the same reasons. On the other hand, they may buy the same brand for different reasons, or buy different brands for the same reasons, or even different brands for different reasons. The brands they purchase and the reasons why may vary by occasion, too.
- Qualitative Research Methods for Data Science? - May 30, 2017.
Why on Earth would a data scientist need to know about qualitative research? There are plenty of reasons. Here are a few.
- Provalis Research Releases an Enhanced Qualitative Data Analysis Freeware - Feb 3, 2017.
Upgraded version of the qualitative analysis freeware QDA Miner Lite now includes a document overview, tree-grid display, image rotation and resizing, importing from PowerPoint and more.
- Provalis Research QDA Miner 5 to Improve Advanced Qualitative Data Analysis of Unstructured Text - Nov 4, 2016.
QDA Miner 5 provides enhanced data portability, sharpened analysis of unstructured text and increased visualization capabilities.
- What Data Scientists Can Learn From Qualitative Research - Jul 14, 2016.
Learn what data scientists can learn from qualitative researchers when it comes to analysing text, and how this relates to writing quality code.
- Interview: Amy Gaskins, AVP, MetLife on Smarter Analytics through Qualitative Research - Jul 22, 2014.
We discuss the relevance of qualitative research for customer intelligence, MetLife Infinity, and the increasing trend of behavior-based customer segmentation.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 21-23: Vincent Granville salary history, career path; Graf.ly: Making beautiful, interactive graphs - Feb 24, 2014.
Data Science Central founder Vincent Granville shares his salary history, career path; Graf.ly: Making beautiful, interactive graphs ; Qualitative Analytics: Why numbers do not tell the complete story? ; Leading US researcher Tom Mitchell deep insights on Machine Learning
- Qualitative Analytics: Why numbers do not tell the complete story? - Feb 21, 2014.
Data scientists love numbers, yet not all data is numerical. Qualitative analytics should not be ignored, especially given the unique value it provides.