- Resources for Women in AI, Data Science, and Machine Learning - Mar 8, 2020.
For the international women's day, we feature resources to help more women enter and succeed in AI, Big Data, Data Science, and Machine Learning fields.
- Gender Diversity in AI Research - Aug 21, 2019.
Through an analysis of 1.5M papers from arXiv, this study reviews the evolution of gender diversity across disciplines, countries, and institutions as well as the semantic differences between AI papers with and without female co-authors.
- KDnuggets™ News 19:n11, Mar 20: Another 10 Free Must-Read Books for Data Science; 19 Inspiring Women in AI, Big Data, Machine Learning - Mar 20, 2019.
Also: Who is a typical Data Scientist in 2019?; The Pareto Principle for Data Scientists; My favorite mind-blowing Machine Learning/AI breakthroughs; Building NLP Classifiers Cheaply With Transfer Learning and Weak Supervision; Advanced Keras - Accurately Resuming a Training Process
- 19 Inspiring Women in AI, Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning - Mar 8, 2019.
For the 2019 international women's day, we profile a new set of 19 inspiring women who lead the field in AI, Big Data, Data Science, and Machine Learning fields.
- Diversity in Data Science: Overview and Strategy - Sep 24, 2018.
We take a hard look at diversity within the tech industry, root causes, and potential solutions and highlight resources/initiatives that can connect readers with programs aiding their professional development.
- The Growing Participation of Women in the Data Science Community - Sep 14, 2018.
We still have a long way to go before the gender representation becomes more equalized, but the field at large indicates hopeful trends about women working in the role or desiring to do so in the future.
- Resources For Women In Data Science and Machine Learning - Jun 4, 2018.
A comprehensive list of resources for Women in Data Science and Machine Learning, including a list of useful tech groups and published lists for finding Women speakers.
- Deep Learning Summit, Toronto featuring Geoff Hinton – save with KDnuggets - May 29, 2018.
Geoffrey Hinton, one of the fathers of Deep Learning, will be back to share his most recent and cutting-edge research progressions, and will be joined by other top researchers. Save 20% on Early Bird passes when you sign up before 15 June w. code KDNUGGETS.
Also check Women in AI dinner series and get new white paper on Ethical implications of AI.
- KDnuggets™ News 18:n11, Mar 14: Two sides of getting a job as a Data Scientist; 5 things to know about Machine Learning - Mar 14, 2018.
Also 18 Inspiring Women In AI, Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning; Great Data Scientists Don't Just Think Outside the Box; Favorite Data Science / Machine Learning Blog; Text Processing in R.
- 18 Inspiring Women In AI, Big Data, Data Science, Machine Learning - Mar 8, 2018.
For the 2018 international women's day, we profile 18 inspiring women who lead the field in AI, Analytics, Big Data , Data science, and Machine Learning areas.
- No More Excuses – 470 Outstanding Women in Analytics - Dec 12, 2017.
In case your network doesn’t include many of the remarkable women you might consider, I have some lists to get you started. Here’s where to find more information and links to profiles of 470 of the industry’s best.
- Women in Tech: Interview with DeepMind’s Silvia Chiappa - Jun 5, 2017.
We interview leading women in STEM to learn more about how we can all work to make science and technology industries more inclusive. How can more women be encouraged to work in these fields?
- CAMELYON17 Grand Challenge – Help improve diagnosis of breast cancer metastases with AI - Jan 16, 2017.
Here is a challenge to contribute to the world health, organised by Camelyon17 and IEEE. Come forward to build a healthy world. Submission deadline is April 1, 2017s.
- AI, Data Science, Machine Learning: Main Developments in 2016, Key Trends in 2017 - Jan 10, 2017.
2017 is here. Check out an encore installation in our "Main Developments in 2016 and Key Trends in 2017" series, where experts weigh in with their opinions.
- How To Make Your Mark As A Woman In Big Data - Dec 3, 2016.
Despite the shift in big data technology innovation that is driving tremendous growth and opportunities, women still play a small role in this arena. Here are 5 thoughts for women considering a career in big data.
- Analytics help app developer conceive of new possibilities - Nov 23, 2016.
By now, we all have realised the power of IoT, Mobile Apps, Big Data and Analytics. Now it’s time to use this power in every possible way for complete well being of everyone in the world. Let’s read this interesting article on Women Health Care Mobile Apps and Data Analytics.
- Microsoft Machine Learning Competition – Improve Women Health - Sep 16, 2016.
Enter Microsoft Women Health Risk Assessment competition, develop machine learning solutions to accurately categorize young women for their particular health risk. Enter now - submissions due Sep 30.
- 12 Inspiring Women In Data Science, Big Data - Apr 15, 2016.
It’s been well documented that women don’t come close to parity in STEM fields with their counterparts. Could the rise of big data and data science offer women a clearer path to success in technology? Here’s a list of 12 inspiring women who work in big data and data
- 4 Reasons Why We Need More Women In Big Data - Feb 10, 2016.
Gender imbalance in the workforce has been highlighted alarmingly during the recent years. Here, we are providing you a couple of reasons, including the inherent advantage and lack of stereotype for role to hire women data scientists.
- Upcoming Webcasts on Analytics, Big Data, Data Science – Apr 14 and beyond - Apr 13, 2015.
Women in Data, Business Value from Big Data Quickly, Impact of User-Generated Reviews on Purchase Behavior, Maximizing ROI using Data Science, Apache Ignite, and much more.
- Women Analytics Book Authors – Meta List - Apr 6, 2015.
Meta Brown is mission to promote accomplished women in analytics - her catalog includes hundreds of women who published books on many analytics topics - useful for finding experts to present at your event, comment on an issue or work for you.
- Women in Data: Top Practitioners on Critical Skills, Background, and Education - Feb 7, 2015.
Cornelia Levy-Bencheton interviewed 15 women in data to learn how they achieved their current level of success, what motivated them to get there, and their views about opportunities for women.
- Scholarships for first-ever Women in Statistics conference, May 15-17, Cary, NC - Mar 13, 2014.
The JMP team and SAS Women’s Initiatives Network want to empower three statistics students by helping them attend the Women in Statistics conference. Apply by April 11.
- Top KDnuggets tweets, Feb 26-27: Facebook “Relationship Data Mining”; Non-human math: Wikipedia-size computer proof - Feb 28, 2014.
The gap between data mining and predictive models in Facebook Relationship Data Mining; Non-human math: Computer proof is Wikipedia size; A look at pioneering women in #BigData ; MS in Data Analytics from CUNY: Online and Affordable.