- Main 2021 Developments and Key 2022 Trends in AI, Data Science, Machine Learning Technology - Dec 10, 2021.
Our panel of leading experts reviews 2021 main developments and examines the key trends in AI, Data Science, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning Technology.
2022 Predictions, AI, Carla Gentry, Data Science, Doug Laney, Kate Strachnyi, Kirk D. Borne, Machine Learning, Predictions, Tom Davenport, Trends
- Undersampling Will Change the Base Rates of Your Model’s Predictions - Dec 17, 2020.
In classification problems, the proportion of cases in each class largely determines the base rate of the predictions produced by the model. Therefore if you use sampling techniques that change this proportion, there is a good chance you will want to rescale / calibrate your predictions before using them in the wild.
Classification, Modeling, Predictions, R, Sampling
- Main 2020 Developments and Key 2021 Trends in AI, Data Science, Machine Learning Technology - Dec 9, 2020.
Our panel of leading experts reviews 2020 main developments and examines the key trends in AI, Data Science, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning Technology.
2021 Predictions, AI, AutoML, Bill Schmarzo, Carla Gentry, COVID-19, Doug Laney, GPT-3, Kirk D. Borne, Machine Learning, MLOps, Predictions, Ronald van Loon, Tom Davenport, Trends
- AI, Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Deep Learning Research Main Developments in 2020 and Key Trends for 2021 - Dec 3, 2020.
2020 is finally coming to a close. While likely not to register as anyone's favorite year, 2020 did have some noteworthy advancements in our field, and 2021 promises some important key trends to look forward to. As has become a year-end tradition, our collection of experts have once again contributed their thoughts. Read on to find out more.
2021 Predictions, AI, Ajit Jaokar, Analytics, Brandon Rohrer, Daniel Tunkelang, Data Science, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Pedro Domingos, Predictions, Research, Rosaria Silipo
- Best Coronavirus Projections, Predictions, Dashboards and Data Resources - May 6, 2020.
Check out this curated collection of coronavirus-related projections, dashboards, visualizations, and data that we have encountered on the internet.
Coronavirus, COVID-19, Dashboard, Predictions, Resources
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Advances in 2018 and Trends for 2019 - Feb 18, 2019.
We recap some of the major highlights in data science and AI throughout 2018, before looking at the some of the potential newest trends and technological advances for the year ahead.
Pages: 1 2
2019 Predictions, AI, AutoML, BERT, Data Science, Interpretability, Predictions, Trends
- Five Major AI Predictions to Watch in 2019 - Jan 22, 2019.
Will 2019 be the year your organization embraces AI? If not, it might be too late. In this live webinar, we will unveil five major predictions companies should pay close attention to in 2019. Register now!
AI, DataRobot, Predictions
- AI, Data Science, Analytics Main Developments in 2018 and Key Trends for 2019 - Dec 3, 2018.
Review of 2018 and Predictions for 2019 from our panel of experts, including Meta Brown, Tom Davenport, Carla Gentry, Bob E Hayes, Cassie Kozyrkov, Doug Laney, Bill Schmarzo, Kate Strachnyi, Ronald van Loon, Favio Vazquez, and Jen Underwood.
2019 Predictions, AI, Automated Machine Learning, Automation, Bill Schmarzo, Carla Gentry, Cassie Kozyrkov, Doug Laney, GDPR, Hype, Jen Underwood, Meta Brown, Predictions, Risks, Ronald van Loon, Tom Davenport, Trends
- Industry Predictions: Main AI, Big Data, Data Science Developments in 2017 and Trends for 2018 - Dec 19, 2017.
Here is a treasure trove of analysis and predictions from 17 leading companies in AI, Big Data, Data Science, and Machine Learning: What happened in 2017 and what will 2018 bring?
2018 Predictions, AtScale, Dataiku, Hype, IBM, Industry, Kaggle, Knime, MathWorks, Predictions, RapidMiner, Splice Machine, Splunk
- Data Science, Machine Learning: Main Developments in 2017 and Key Trends in 2018 - Dec 12, 2017.
The leading experts in the field on the main Data Science, Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics developments in 2017 and key trends in 2018.
2018 Predictions, Carla Gentry, Data Science, Eric Siegel, Jeff Ullman, Jen Underwood, Jill Dyche, Kirk D. Borne, Machine Learning, Predictions, Rexer Analytics, Tom Davenport, Trends
- Big Data: Main Developments in 2017 and Key Trends in 2018 - Dec 5, 2017.
As we bid farewell to one year and look to ring in another, KDnuggets has solicited opinions from numerous Big Data experts as to the most important developments of 2017 and their 2018 key trend predictions.
2018 Predictions, Big Data, Bill Inmon, Bill Schmarzo, Doug Laney, James Kobielus, Matei Zaharia, Meta Brown, Predictions, Ronald van Loon, Trends, Yves Mulkers
- Mark van Rijmenam’s Top 7 Big Data Trends for 2017 - Dec 20, 2016.
Top Big Data expert Mark van Rijmenam weighs in with his top Big Data-related predictions for 2017.
Pages: 1 2
2017 Predictions, Big Data, Blockchain, Deep Learning, Predictions
- Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence: Main Developments in 2016 and Key Trends in 2017 - Dec 20, 2016.
As 2016 comes to a close and we prepare for a new year, check out the final instalment in our "Main Developments in 2016 and Key Trends in 2017" series, where experts weigh in with their opinions.
2017 Predictions, AI, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Predictions
- Industry Predictions: Key Trends in 2017 - Dec 16, 2016.
With 2017 almost upon us, KDnuggets brings you opinions from industry leaders as to what the relevant and most important 2017 key trends will be.
Pages: 1 2
2017 Predictions, Datameer, Industry, MathWorks, Predictions, Talent Analytics, Tamr, TIBCO
- Data Science Trends To Look Out For In 2017 - Dec 8, 2016.
Machine Learning is here to stay, with more firms following Google and Facebook in the race to attract the best machine learning experts and Data Scientists. We also see a merger of IoT and Data Science. Read on for more trends.
2017 Predictions, Big Data, Data Science, Healthcare, Predictions, Trends
- Big Data: Main Developments in 2016 and Key Trends in 2017 - Dec 6, 2016.
As 2016 comes to a close and we prepare for a new year, KDnuggets has solicited opinions from numerous Big Data experts as to the most important developments of 2016 and their 2017 key trend predictions.
2017 Predictions, Big Data, Jeff Ullman, Matei Zaharia, Predictions
- Understanding Rare Events and Anomalies: Why streaks patterns change - Jan 8, 2016.
We often look back at the past year and an overall history of rare events, and try to then extrapolate future odds of the same rare event, based on that. We illustrate here, that rare past events have no usefulness in understanding the rarity of the same events in the future!
Pages: 1 2
Anomaly Detection, Predictions, S&P 500
- Interview: Nandu Jayakumar, Yahoo on What Does One Need for Big Data Success - Jan 27, 2015.
We discuss Yahoo’s contributions to Big Data ecosystem, recommendation to Big Data vendors, predictions for Big Data, advice, and more.
Advice, Big Data, Nandu Jayakumar, Predictions, Success, Yahoo
- Sisense 2015 predictions for BI, Big Data - Dec 3, 2014.
Mobile devices, text analytics, Google Glass, and data intelligence will be key to the evolution of business intelligence in 2015 according to Adi Azaria and Eldad Farkash of SiSense.
BI, Google Glass, Mobile, Predictions, Predictions for 2015, Sisense
- Top stories for Nov 2-8: Will Deep Learning take over Machine Learning? Magic: Turn Webpage Into Data - Nov 10, 2014.
Will Deep Learning take over Machine Learning?; 'Magic' - Quickest Way to Turn Webpage Into Data; Big Data Winter ahead - unless we change course, warns Michael Jordan.
Big Data Winter, Deep Learning, import.io, Predictions, Top stories
- The Future of Analytics: 3 Predictions for BI in 2015 - Nov 6, 2014.
A look at business intelligence in the year to come, in light of the latest developments in the industry: data keeps growing, companies demand self-service and agile software, and in-memory technology is forced to face its limitations.
Business Intelligence, Internet of Things, Predictions, Predictions for 2015, Sisense
- Exclusive Interview: Ajay Bhargava, TCS on the Ideal Analytics Curriculum at Graduate-level - Sep 5, 2014.
We discuss the differences between analytics and Big Data, the evolution of expectations from data science, important qualities desired in data scientists, ideal curriculum for Analytics focused programs, advice and more.
Advice, Ajay Bhargava, Analytics, Big Data, Education, Interview, Predictions, TCS, Trends
- Interview: Arpit Gupta, CEO, Actionable Analytics on Enterprise Challenges in Big Data and Cloud - Aug 24, 2014.
We discuss Actionable Analytics start-up, enterprise challenges in Big Data, relationship with cloud computing, metrics vs. insights, Big Data expectations and more.
Advice, Applications, Arpit Gupta, Big Data, Challenges, Cloud Computing, Consumer Insights, Interview, Metrics, Predictions
- Interview: Tom Kern, Risk Modeling Manager, Paychex on Risk Analytics and Sales Anticipation Model - Jun 2, 2014.
We discuss the role of Risk Analytics at Paychex, strategic importance of Sales Anticipation Model, optimizing business processes by leveraging Big Data, and advice for companies thinking about Big Data as well as aspiring students.
Advice, Big Data, Challenges, Interview, Predictions, Risk Assessment, Tom Kern, Tools
- Exclusive Interview: Peter Bruce, President Statistics.com - Apr 17, 2014.
We discuss the mission of Statistics.com, selection of analytics courses and certificates, the future of analytics education, MOOCs, are Statistics disconnected from Big Data, the role of a data scientist, and more.
Analytics, Certificate, MOOC, Online Education, Peter Bruce, Predictions, Statisticians, Statistics.com