- Undersampling Will Change the Base Rates of Your Model’s Predictions - Dec 17, 2020.
In classification problems, the proportion of cases in each class largely determines the base rate of the predictions produced by the model. Therefore if you use sampling techniques that change this proportion, there is a good chance you will want to rescale / calibrate your predictions before using them in the wild.
- AI, Analytics, Machine Learning, Data Science, Deep Learning Research Main Developments in 2020 and Key Trends for 2021 - Dec 3, 2020.
2020 is finally coming to a close. While likely not to register as anyone's favorite year, 2020 did have some noteworthy advancements in our field, and 2021 promises some important key trends to look forward to. As has become a year-end tradition, our collection of experts have once again contributed their thoughts. Read on to find out more.
- Best Coronavirus Projections, Predictions, Dashboards and Data Resources - May 6, 2020.
Check out this curated collection of coronavirus-related projections, dashboards, visualizations, and data that we have encountered on the internet.
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Advances in 2018 and Trends for 2019 - Feb 18, 2019.
We recap some of the major highlights in data science and AI throughout 2018, before looking at the some of the potential newest trends and technological advances for the year ahead.
Pages: 1 2
- Five Major AI Predictions to Watch in 2019 - Jan 22, 2019.
Will 2019 be the year your organization embraces AI? If not, it might be too late. In this live webinar, we will unveil five major predictions companies should pay close attention to in 2019. Register now!
- AI, Data Science, Analytics Main Developments in 2018 and Key Trends for 2019 - Dec 3, 2018.
Review of 2018 and Predictions for 2019 from our panel of experts, including Meta Brown, Tom Davenport, Carla Gentry, Bob E Hayes, Cassie Kozyrkov, Doug Laney, Bill Schmarzo, Kate Strachnyi, Ronald van Loon, Favio Vazquez, and Jen Underwood.
- Industry Predictions: Main AI, Big Data, Data Science Developments in 2017 and Trends for 2018 - Dec 19, 2017.
Here is a treasure trove of analysis and predictions from 17 leading companies in AI, Big Data, Data Science, and Machine Learning: What happened in 2017 and what will 2018 bring?
- Data Science, Machine Learning: Main Developments in 2017 and Key Trends in 2018 - Dec 12, 2017.
The leading experts in the field on the main Data Science, Machine Learning, Predictive Analytics developments in 2017 and key trends in 2018.
- Big Data: Main Developments in 2017 and Key Trends in 2018 - Dec 5, 2017.
As we bid farewell to one year and look to ring in another, KDnuggets has solicited opinions from numerous Big Data experts as to the most important developments of 2017 and their 2018 key trend predictions.
- Mark van Rijmenam’s Top 7 Big Data Trends for 2017 - Dec 20, 2016.
Top Big Data expert Mark van Rijmenam weighs in with his top Big Data-related predictions for 2017.
Pages: 1 2
- Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence: Main Developments in 2016 and Key Trends in 2017 - Dec 20, 2016.
As 2016 comes to a close and we prepare for a new year, check out the final instalment in our "Main Developments in 2016 and Key Trends in 2017" series, where experts weigh in with their opinions.
- Industry Predictions: Key Trends in 2017 - Dec 16, 2016.
With 2017 almost upon us, KDnuggets brings you opinions from industry leaders as to what the relevant and most important 2017 key trends will be.
Pages: 1 2
- Data Science Trends To Look Out For In 2017 - Dec 8, 2016.
Machine Learning is here to stay, with more firms following Google and Facebook in the race to attract the best machine learning experts and Data Scientists. We also see a merger of IoT and Data Science. Read on for more trends.
- Big Data: Main Developments in 2016 and Key Trends in 2017 - Dec 6, 2016.
As 2016 comes to a close and we prepare for a new year, KDnuggets has solicited opinions from numerous Big Data experts as to the most important developments of 2016 and their 2017 key trend predictions.
- Understanding Rare Events and Anomalies: Why streaks patterns change - Jan 8, 2016.
We often look back at the past year and an overall history of rare events, and try to then extrapolate future odds of the same rare event, based on that. We illustrate here, that rare past events have no usefulness in understanding the rarity of the same events in the future!
Pages: 1 2
- Interview: Nandu Jayakumar, Yahoo on What Does One Need for Big Data Success - Jan 27, 2015.
We discuss Yahoo’s contributions to Big Data ecosystem, recommendation to Big Data vendors, predictions for Big Data, advice, and more.
- Sisense 2015 predictions for BI, Big Data - Dec 3, 2014.
Mobile devices, text analytics, Google Glass, and data intelligence will be key to the evolution of business intelligence in 2015 according to Adi Azaria and Eldad Farkash of SiSense.
- Top stories for Nov 2-8: Will Deep Learning take over Machine Learning? Magic: Turn Webpage Into Data - Nov 10, 2014.
Will Deep Learning take over Machine Learning?; 'Magic' - Quickest Way to Turn Webpage Into Data; Big Data Winter ahead - unless we change course, warns Michael Jordan.
- The Future of Analytics: 3 Predictions for BI in 2015 - Nov 6, 2014.
A look at business intelligence in the year to come, in light of the latest developments in the industry: data keeps growing, companies demand self-service and agile software, and in-memory technology is forced to face its limitations.
- Exclusive Interview: Ajay Bhargava, TCS on the Ideal Analytics Curriculum at Graduate-level - Sep 5, 2014.
We discuss the differences between analytics and Big Data, the evolution of expectations from data science, important qualities desired in data scientists, ideal curriculum for Analytics focused programs, advice and more.
- Interview: Arpit Gupta, CEO, Actionable Analytics on Enterprise Challenges in Big Data and Cloud - Aug 24, 2014.
We discuss Actionable Analytics start-up, enterprise challenges in Big Data, relationship with cloud computing, metrics vs. insights, Big Data expectations and more.
- Interview: Tom Kern, Risk Modeling Manager, Paychex on Risk Analytics and Sales Anticipation Model - Jun 2, 2014.
We discuss the role of Risk Analytics at Paychex, strategic importance of Sales Anticipation Model, optimizing business processes by leveraging Big Data, and advice for companies thinking about Big Data as well as aspiring students.
- Exclusive Interview: Peter Bruce, President Statistics.com - Apr 17, 2014.
We discuss the mission of Statistics.com, selection of analytics courses and certificates, the future of analytics education, MOOCs, are Statistics disconnected from Big Data, the role of a data scientist, and more.