- Big Data: Main Developments in 2017 and Key Trends in 2018 - Dec 5, 2017.
As we bid farewell to one year and look to ring in another, KDnuggets has solicited opinions from numerous Big Data experts as to the most important developments of 2017 and their 2018 key trend predictions.
- Standardization and Specialization in Analytics, Data Science, and BI - Mar 28, 2017.
We see beginnings of both standardization and specialization, with graduate analytics curriculum that covers math, statistics, CS, IT systems, and communications. We also see specializations in data science and BI, and verticals like marketing and healthcare analytics.
- Embedding Open Cognitive Analytics at the IoT’s Edge - Feb 19, 2016.
Cognitive computing is penetrating more aspects of the IoT as algorithms enable edge devices and applications. Understand how unstructured data captured by IoT edge devices with the help of cognitive algorithms distilled into actionable insights.
- Spark and the Remorseless Recrystallization of the Open Source Analytics Ecosystem - Jan 23, 2016.
Apache Spark had robust machine learning, graph, streaming, and in-memory capability to the Hadoop-centric ecosystem. In 2016, we expect adoption in diverse big data, advanced analytics, data science, Internet of Things, and other application domains.
- A Community Event for Innovative Spark Apps: A Datapalooza Dispatch - Nov 12, 2015.
Datapalooza, which is holding its inaugural event this week in San Francisco, is proving to be a seedbed for innovation apps in the Spark community. James Kobielus describes the highlights.
- Datapalooza: Produce Your Data Application Development Concert, Nov 10-12, San Francisco - Nov 3, 2015.
Datapalooza will enable you to take your data-science skills to the next level. You’ll gain hands-on experience, enjoy one-on-one coaching, and learn how to build a practical data-science product in just three days - Nov 10-12 in San Francisco.